Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Firestarter »

I take it Im next..

Ill parrot from my earlier post for clarification...

Adel/Spyrex. Partners with Chelseafan/Chenhsi

At this point, I feel these are the 4 polygamists.
('') (':') ('')
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:03 am

Post by eldarad »

Vote Count

Chelseafan (1) -
Harvey Pew

Firestarter (1) -
Adel

ZeekLTK (1) -
SpyreX

Adel (1) -
ZeekLTK

Not voting (6) -
Firestarter, Shy Guy, Chelseafan, Nameless, forbiddanlight, chenhsi

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:04 am

Post by SpyreX »

@Harvey,

I know its rude, but honestly, not contributing at all all game is definitely rude and nothing seems to make it change. I'm a little exasperated. :P
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by chenhsi »

So zeek is next? And bump.
I lost the game.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:33 pm

Post by Adel »

claim order:

chenshi --> posts -->
name of person he considers least likely to be scum

chenshi --> posts -->
name of two couples he considers msot likely to be scum

Adel --> posts -->
Zeek & Firestarter

Shy Guy --> posts -->
Nameless & Chenshi

Nameless --> posts -->
Forbiddenlight & Zeek

Spyrex --> posts -->
Zeek & Shy Guy

Harvey --> posts -->
Chelseafan and Forbiddenlight

Firestarter --> posts -->
Adel & Chleseafan

ZeekLTK --> posts -->
name of two couples he considers most likely to be scum

Chelseafan --> posts -->

forbiddanlight --> posts -->

Zeek is next.

@chenshi: please read the thread and let us know who you think is most likely to be town, and which two players you feel are most likely to be scum.

@Chelseafan: since your partner is actively not participating, please try to make up for it by being more active. Currently you are lurking as well. If you are town, this lack of participation will make it much less likely that the town will win.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

L/A today (though I haven't posted much in this game anyway :S)
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
eldarad
eldarad
Mafia Scum
eldarad
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:54 am

Post by eldarad »

Skruffs replaces Chelseafan, effective immediately.

Thanks for replacing in!
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:17 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well from the reactions to Gimbo, I would say that scum are most likely Adel, Spyrex, Knight42, and either Nameless or MafiaSSK.

adel and spyrex are partners, I see, and Knight42(Shy Guy) is with Forbidden light..
On the plus side we only need to hit ONE scum to kill ALL of them, on the down side we only had two chances. People who pushed Gimbo's lynch hard and fast were trying to take advantage of that. People who were pushing for a day 2 claim instead of a day 1 claim were trying to take advantage of disorganization to pusha mislynch.

Adel's early responses to the idea of a mass claim are intersting - I also like her insinuations (I will find the post that made me think this) that scum would 'bus' each other in a game like this. This has to be very hard for Adel to play a game as scum where if she busses, she dies. :)

I'm not voting but that's my opinion of the first five pages, loosely plopped down on this page like a case of Colon Blow.
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Shy Guy »

I've let myself get so conflicted that I'm not sure how relevant if at all my input for Adel's thing will be.

I've been thinking about this game though, and I think I've let myself get pushed around mentally a bit too much in this game. I think my partner disagreeing with my read threw me off, and Adel sounded very sincere. But I am going back over the game and it makes sense that my read is correct.

Chelseafan getting replaced reeks of frustrated scum replacing out because buddy sucked.

I am not very willing to dismiss chenhsi's play as "always does that". I think if Adel is scum chenhsi is the partner, and also Nameless. chenhsi really looks like the lynch for me. The only possible exception would be a Nameless lynch... but I doubt that that's correct.

Adel, can you carefully explain why you clear them? What about how Chelseafan wanted to lynch someone everyone else was willing to lynch? Why are they #1 town, after being the optimal lynch yesterday?

I think I will vote chenhsi soon. This Adel "clearing" thing seems like a huge distraction.
I won't say much.
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Shy Guy »

Oh bother, here comes Skruffs saying he wants to lynch his would be scum buddies...

Sigh.
I won't say much.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:30 am

Post by Skruffs »

Intersting - Adel clears them, you say that's a distraction (which indicates Adel is scummy) and then say you want to vote the people Adel is clearing?

Scum can't bus each other, because lynching one kills all of them. Considering that 40% of the game is made of scum at this juncture, it should not be hard to figure out which clump of four is the most likely to be trying to avoid each other.

Shy Guy, why would you try to push a lynch so quickly after my replacement? Do I make you nervous?

Please explain how Chelseafan's replacement reeks of "Frustrated scum":
A) She didn't ask for a replacement
B) "Chelseafan (although he did mention having computer issues so I'll cut him some slack) " - from the mod's last vote count
C) "We're getting nothing from chenhsi, this kinda seems the norm for him.
A replacement would be much better, but I suppose as long as he fulfills minimum posting this can't happen." - from CF's last post in the game, where she expressed frustration over her PARTNER'S LURKING...

None of those three things equivalate to "CF is frustrated scum replacing out because buddy sucked."

I'm not even sure why I replaced CF over Chentsi, it seems that Chentsi was posting much much less.

But I will
FoS
you for that post.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:50 am

Post by SpyreX »

I am not very willing to dismiss chenhsi's play as "always does that". I think if Adel is scum chenhsi is the partner, and also Nameless. chenhsi really looks like the lynch for me. The only possible exception would be a Nameless lynch... but I doubt that that's correct.
I might be reading this wrong, but did you just say there's 3 groups in the scum setup (again, leaving out only Zeek/Harvey)?
Scum can't bus each other, because lynching one kills all of them. Considering that 40% of the game is made of scum at this juncture, it should not be hard to figure out which clump of four is the most likely to be trying to avoid each other.
I agree that scum can't do a full bus - hence why I "cleared" chenshi earlier. The only problem is (and I can agree with it to a degree) is that short of a lynch its hard to tell if it is bussing or not.
I'm not even sure why I replaced CF over Chentsi, it seems that Chentsi was posting much much less.
Truer words haven't been spoken.
Show

Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:13 am

Post by chenhsi »

So why am I the only person who has to say who I think is least likely to be scum?

Anyway, I'll answer that as soon as possible (no idea when).
I lost the game.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Adel »

chenhsi wrote:So why am I the only person who has to say who I think is least likely to be scum?
If you'd been reading the damn thread you would've seen that everyone else has already posted that information except for you.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:52 am

Post by Skruffs »

I think everyone is doing it, chensi.
For one big reason though: Relationships between players.

I know you are town; you know you are town; now you have to show everyone else why you are town.

I have read through Shy Guy's posts and basically in his first post he says he knows who scum are but posts no reasons until he's done rereading. This is interesting, I always type as I Go, *as town*, so that players get an over view of my mental state. Withholding his suspicions until he is completely caught up with teh game is unusual, especially regarding SHy Guy's playstyle in general.

The other thing I have noticed is that he has early on (And mostly through the entire game) said that he feels Adel is scum adn that Chentsi is likely a partner. I didn't read too deeply into it but I got the impression that Chentsi was considered scum *because* of Adel's actions; however, through the entire game he has been definitely pushing suspicion more onto Chelsea and Chentsi than he has to Adel.

Now it makes sense to, in a game where scum all die if one dies, take the scummiest of hte scum partners and try to tie them to townie players and then lynch teh townie players, and that is what I think Shy Guy has been d oing.

I'd really like other players opinions on that.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:19 am

Post by SpyreX »

The other thing I have noticed is that he has early on (And mostly through the entire game) said that he feels Adel is scum adn that Chentsi is likely a partner. I didn't read too deeply into it but I got the impression that Chentsi was considered scum *because* of Adel's actions; however, through the entire game he has been definitely pushing suspicion more onto Chelsea and Chentsi than he has to Adel.
I'm not sure how you're getting this (maybe we're looking at it differently) - my problems were that his huge post was focused on Adel instead of a true read.

Unless you're trying to say that Adel and I are partners with him and want to lynch you? (which, of course, is not the case. Zeek is scum. :P)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Shy Guy
Shy Guy
Goon
Shy Guy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:03 pm

Post by Shy Guy »

I'm away for a few days again.

I didn't see/remember Chelseafan saying he had any access problems. I'll respond more when I get time, which always seems short lately.
I won't say much.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:59 am

Post by Nameless »

Vote: Shy Guy

Shy Guy wrote:Chelseafan getting replaced reeks of frustrated scum replacing out because buddy sucked.
Epic reaching.
Shy Guy wrote:I am not very willing to dismiss chenhsi's play as "always does that".
I'm not normally fond of using the meta game to accuse or defend people, but the fact that chenhsi is not really playing this game (or, apparently, others particularly much) is not indicative of scum as much as it is an issue with the player. Also, this strikes me as an attempt to make a policy lynch (Lynch All Lurkers?) rather than one based on strong evidence.
Shy Guy wrote:What about how Chelseafan wanted to lynch someone everyone else was willing to lynch? Why are they #1 town, after being the optimal lynch yesterday?
On a lesser note, these two questions irk me, although it's hard to point out exactly why. Neither actually indicate Chelsea's alignment, and the second is somewhat misleading of Adel's plan D1.
Skruffs wrote:Intersting - Adel clears them, you say that's a distraction (which indicates Adel is scummy) and then say you want to vote the people Adel is clearing?
I think Shy Guy is referring to the whole plan, not just Adel's own choice. Of course, even if Adel were scum and it was a distraction, that's not going to stop the town from gaining anything useful from it if they pay attention. Downplaying it's value seems a worried thing to do anyway, especially before the initial 'strategy' is finished and it's purpose revealed.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Vote: Shy Guy
Isn't there already a vote on him? If not, then part of this doesn't matter as much. But, if there is a vote on him, you just lost us the game. I can't defend my partners actions because I have no idea what he's doing. Well, that's not ENTIRELY true, I know what he said, but I don't know what his motives are. I don't know what Skruffs' meta on him is, but all I know is even if it's unusual Shy Guy is town.
Now, moving along to what Shy Guy has been saying. I've been supporting an Adel/Spyrex/Zeek/Harvey pair for a while, and I still don't honestly think that Skruffs is scum (or chelseafan was). I may have earlier today (hell, I even voted in a gambit that ended up shot down by chen), but right now I think we'll find Zeek is the play, since there seems (so far) to be the most agreement on him (also the most agreement on my pair, but Zeek is singly mentioned most). Either way, I want to see where Adel is going.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Skruffs »

Well, if there are two votes, what makes you think that both of the votes on him are from townies?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:34 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, if there are two votes, what makes you think that both of the votes on him are from townies?
I overlooked that. Although I could argue the scum are waiting for the 2 vote opportunity to jump on someone.
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:24 am

Post by SpyreX »

I've been supporting an Adel/Spyrex/Zeek/Harvey pair for a while, and I still don't honestly think that Skruffs is scum (or chelseafan was). I may have earlier today (hell, I even voted in a gambit that ended up shot down by chen), but right now I think we'll find Zeek is the play, since there seems (so far) to be the most agreement on him (also the most agreement on my pair, but Zeek is singly mentioned most). Either way, I want to see where Adel is going.
Wait...what? You two have been mentioning ZEEK the most as scum?

I have no words.
Show

Proud member of BaM
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:27 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Wait...what? You two have been mentioning ZEEK the most as scum?

I have no words.
No, I was only speaking for myself. But currently, by Adel's reckoning, we have 3 people that see Zeek as scummy. We have 2 that see me as scummy and one that sees Shy Guy that way, thereby putting us at a tie as of yet. I know personally I've been saying that Zeek was scummy, even on D1 though I didn't persue it.
-StrangerCoug

chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:39 am

Post by chenhsi »

Limited Access from August 4 to August 16 because of a summer camp.
I lost the game.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Limited Access from August 4 to August 16 because of a summer camp.
Not that it actually affects your activity level ANYWAY :P.
-StrangerCoug

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”