Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #154 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Skruffs »

Battle Mage wrote:
M4yhem wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Nice idea, but theres no way im wasting my potato on a guy who needs replacement! :P

BM
This is the problem, right here. What if the people with potatos don't like the wagon? What do we do?

We'll see, BM. It's not my final vote by a long shot. Maybe you'll like my next vote better. :P
in case u hadnt noticed, John already has a potato. He's a timebomb already. :P

What i suggest is we all wait for Armlx to throw the potato back at someone, and whoever recieves it, throws it back to him. Such a plan makes for a great reaction test! :D

BM
Why do you want Armlx to toss his potato and not one of the other two players?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #177 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:05 am

Post by Skruffs »

Battle Mage wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
M4yhem wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:

Nice idea, but theres no way im wasting my potato on a guy who needs replacement! :P

BM
This is the problem, right here. What if the people with potatos don't like the wagon? What do we do?

We'll see, BM. It's not my final vote by a long shot. Maybe you'll like my next vote better. :P
in case u hadnt noticed, John already has a potato. He's a timebomb already. :P

What i suggest is we all wait for Armlx to throw the potato back at someone, and whoever recieves it, throws it back to him. Such a plan makes for a great reaction test! :D

BM
Why do you want Armlx to toss his potato and not one of the other two players?
Because presumably, Armlx won't want to keep a potato that could kill him for very long. Hence he will discard it at some point, at which time, we pelt it back at him. It's the school of hard knocks. :D

BM
What about the other two?
It is possible (But unlikely) that JohnWells hasn't posted because he's afraid that talking while holding hte potato will blow him up.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #185 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:43 am

Post by Skruffs »

Do you think Armlx should throw to Porochaz, BM?
You avoided my question: Why aren't you interested in the other two throwing their potatoes as much as you are getting Armlx blown up?
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #194 (isolation #5) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:51 am

Post by Skruffs »

Battle Mage wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Do you think Armlx should throw to Porochaz, BM?
You avoided my question: Why aren't you interested in the other two throwing their potatoes as much as you are getting Armlx blown up?
I think you are missing some very obvious points here. Firstly, John is NOT HERE. He won't be throwing his potato until he shows up or gets replaced now, will he? Secondly, I highly doubt Porochaz will listen to anything i have to say.
Completely avoided the question.
Do you think Armlx should throw to Porochaz?

Now, a few questions for you:

1. Why do you think that it is solely my job to determine who throws potatoes where?
What gives you the impression that I think that?
2. Why are you pretending to scumhunt when the majority of us are clearly still in the 'random' stage.
I rarely see townies complain about a random stage being over. Why are you?
This is pretty defensive for a simple question that you seem to be backtracking pretty hard to avoid answering. If this is the random stage, then you trying to direct Armlx is also random, which means there's no reason for you not to try to direct potatos to and from Porochaz, right?
I wouldnt mind Armlx throwing at Porochaz. It would serve the same end as my suggestion, just with a higher risk, as i'm getting townie vibes from Porochaz atm. And Armlx? hmm, not so much.

BM
How can you be?
We're in the random stage, you can't possibly be scum hunting yet, can you?

Korts wrote:I agree. It's probably best if the potatoes are kept constantly moving until we find a likely target for "lynch".
You are advocating a random lynch if the bombs are triggured on 'number of tosses'.

My guess is that one potato is based on number of tosses, one is based on length of time held, either by one person or from the beginning of the day, and a third is based on number of posts that have been posted, either since it's been last tossed or since the beginning of the day.

Advocating tossing potatos increases the chance of 2 of the 3 likely triggers going off, and so should be minimized.

Here:
Produces a Mister Potato Head (Empty) and tosses it to M4yhem

That is not a "Real" potato, it's not going to blow up. If you want to practice throwing them around, practice with that.

*Gives each player a similar potato head*

I got them on overstock.com.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #252 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Skruffs »

And I can see how, if no scum hvave potatoes (Or have already thrown them) that they would want to keep townies from getting rid of them.Point is, if I get a potato, I am immediately throwin git to the person I think is most suspicious. Whether I give a reason or not, that leaves a valid papertrail. IE scum are goign to more likely throw it to townies, and not each other, because throwing it to each other leads to a much more likely case of fatal bussing rather than quasi distancing.

Again, encouraging people to hold onto an exploding potato "Unless they have a good reason", is, well, encouraging players to be sacrificial.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #254 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:28 am

Post by Skruffs »

Korts wrote:Skruffs, your speculations assume that all three potatoes are rigged to go off.

Also, how is letting the potatoes stay put any less random a "lynch" than having the potatoes move around?
WHy would assuming otherwise be at all productive?
"Oh there's three grenades here, and all the pins are pulled. I will not assume that all three will explode though."

o.o

I agree with you about the having them stay put, but I am also theorizing on what will set them off. We want to maximize the day but more than that we want to maximize the chance that scum is lynched.
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #258 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Skruffs »

Battle Mage wrote:
Skruffs wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Skruffs wrote:Do you think Armlx should throw to Porochaz, BM?
I think you are missing some very obvious points here. Firstly, John is NOT HERE. He won't be throwing his potato until he shows up or gets replaced now, will he? Secondly, I highly doubt Porochaz will listen to anything i have to say.
Completely avoided the question.
Do you think Armlx should throw to Porochaz?
DUDE. TRY READING MY WHOLE POST BEFORE YOU GET A BEE IN YOUR BONNET! :D
More avoidance of the question?
Your response to "Do you think Armlx should toss to Porochaz" is, "John is not here" and "I doubt Porochaz will listen to what I have to say"... but nothing, no part of your answer, says, "Yes, I think he should" or "No, I think he shouldn't"...
Hmm. Not sure what secret hidden cryptological puzzle you have imbedded in your post, but I Really don't see a valid, direct answer to the questoin.

Now, a few questions for you:

1. Why do you think that it is solely my job to determine who throws potatoes where?
What gives you the impression that I think that?
The fact that you are asking my opinion on what everybody should do with their potatoes. Nobody elses. Just mine. Now, stop completely avoiding the question.
I'm not asking your opinion; you've already given it. I'm asking the basis for your opinion. Why one polayer and not another, why throwing to this player and not another, etcetera. Trying to twist what I am saying and asking you into some sort of ultimatum is pretty last-year's-playstyle for you, BM.
2. Why are you pretending to scumhunt when the majority of us are clearly still in the 'random' stage.
I rarely see townies complain about a random stage being over. Why are you?
What gives you the impression that i am? :roll:
If you liked it, you wouldn't be asking me why I was doing it - you would be doing it yourself or encouraging it. But I do like how you returned an answer to me that you yourself claimed was an 'avoiding the question' answer, which was itself a mirror to the FIRST answer you gave me. Now that you have confirmed that you are intentionally avoiding questions I am asking (And for apparently no reason), I am happy to see you baptized in a Trial By Potato.
I wouldnt mind Armlx throwing at Porochaz. It would serve the same end as my suggestion, just with a higher risk, as i'm getting townie vibes from Porochaz atm. And Armlx? hmm, not so much.

BM
How can you be?
We're in the random stage, you can't possibly be scum hunting yet, can you?
Saying someone gives townie vibes isn't scumhunting. It's the converse. Armlx is more, just incorrect. Being wrong is not inherently scummy, but it remains to be seen whether he will continue to be wrong. Continuously misleading the town IS scummy.
That's like saying an insane cop is scummy, if their results lead to lynches. And if you were really against players being wrong, you wouldn't be so brash as to tell other players where to toss their potatoes.

Skruffs wrote: This is pretty defensive for a simple question that you seem to be backtracking pretty hard to avoid answering. If this is the random stage, then you trying to direct Armlx is also random, which means there's no reason for you not to try to direct potatos to and from Porochaz, right?
Eh? 0.o
I dont really understand what you are saying here, but i think i can see where you're heading. If you could be clearer, that might help the both of us.
Battle Mage wrote:
Korts wrote:BM, then tell me, how is it any less random a lynch if the potatoes stay put? Assuming they are currently in the hands of valuable pro-town players, and also assuming that they obey and keep the potatoes like you imply they should, we have no chance of actually hitting scum. If, however, the potatoes are kept in motion, there is some chance that one of them actually asplodes into the face of someone we actually intend to kill.
So...you want a random kill? Are you kidding me!?
Did you actually just say that we should pass the potatoes around, because mathematically, we MIGHT hit scum? 0.o
I'd rather see the potatoes KEPT in the hands of those protown players, until we have some idea of where we are throwing them. I dont mind keeping them moving TOWARDS PEOPLE WE ARE SUSPICIOUS OF. But srsly, it seems atm we are just throwing our spuds around for the lols.

BM
A) Thank you for confirming the potatoes were in pro-town players hands at that time, and for saying you'd rather see a pro-town player die than hopefully hit scum.
B) Potato tossing is the equivalent of putting someone at L-1, with TIME or POST COUNT being the hammer vote. Not passing them is the equivalent of voting suicide and no lynch, if you are town.
C) THrowing potatoes will increase discussion and suspicion, and a thrown townie is more likely to hit scum than a held potato, wether you think scum are bussing or if you think a townie is scumhunting. THe only potatoes that are thrown that are LESS likely to hit scum are hte ones thrown by scum to townies or the ones you tell people to throw, you being scum and all.

BM's scum meta is flourishing. Kill him before he convinces all of you he's too scummy to be scum and winds up winnig as the SK again.

kuribo wrote: This seems to me like the best course of action. Throwing all three potatoes to the scummiest person increases the odds that the "scummy person" will simply throw three potatoes at three pro-town targets.
Yes, unless the three potatoes combined blow up once they are in proximity to each other. Or if hte post count reaches the right point. Or if ... tec. Regardless, if three people post three reasons for tossing and he posts three reasons for tossing back and the town people can NOT toss it back to him before one of the potatoes explodes, they result as town. A scum has to be offensive more than defensive, he can't OMGUS-toss-back without having a good reason of his own, or else he winds up looking completely scummy and lynched the next day. And no player can be on MScum all the time; just wait until they go to sleep, then toss it to them.

We have to bear in mind: throwing someone a potato is not an instant kill (as in Bad Idea Mafia) but is also potentially handing them a weapon.[/quote]
Skruffs
Skruffs
Pantsman
Skruffs
Pantsman
Pantsman

Post Post #1025 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Skruffs »

Moral of this story:
Never ever let skruffs die.
-nod-

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”