Other metaphors for the game of mafia

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Firefly7
Firefly7
Goon
Firefly7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:31 pm

Post by Firefly7 »

I think the informed minority should be the bad guys because it allows this fantasy of being a cunning criminal who gets away with crimes with their well-preserved web of lies. And, the majority of players being the good guys is for feel-good, i guess? Like, being the hero and saving your friends by outsmarting the bad guys.

Some of the disbelief could be solved in a number of ways. I'll make up some for a few of the points you mentioned -- They cannot torture mafia because knowing they are a mafia requires them to be dead -- If they have a jail cell to keep people, they likely would like to keep it open for use of the Jailkeeper, who may only allow one person into the jail at a time -- Werewolves are likely strong enough to break confinement when transforming, and given that Cop isn't in the werewolf theme, they probably dont have shackles to begin with -- Multiple werewolves killing at night would increase the chances of them being spotted, and they may only have the time to track the nightime movements of one individual per night for a stealthy kill.

The Lynch works here because having a tool of questionable morality and accuracy fits how players of town and mafia alike are voted up. Historically it represents paranoia and prejudice which also applies here, since innocents are voted up often just for being bad at explaining themselves.

I dont really have any defense for the win condition, though. Its just presumed that the town are willing to die for the town, and vice versa.
the forum only exists to add lore to the wiki

Return to “Mafia Discussion”