Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

/confirm
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:04 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Mod
If I put someone with a day ability in jail, can they still use their ability during the day?

Yes.

vote: IcemanE
that was a very scummy suggestion.

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:57 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Alabaska J wrote:Opportunistic early leap on icemanE's wagon looks like distancing IMO.
Based on this and recent experience, an opportunistic vote seems to now mean to vote someone for doing something scummy... How exactly is my vote opportunistic Alabaska?

Looks like lots of people are gonna die d1.
IcemanE wrote:C. Assume the SB role - but what happens if I don't decide to follow the target you want me to kill? I think it could get messy if the town decides to force someone to kill themselves - as it stands, once the SB power is in my hands, I can kill whomever I please, so you'll have to be sure you trust me 100% if that's the course of action you want to follow.
If the town figures out who you should kill it can really only mean two things unless you present a good case for not going along with it.

1) You are scum.

2) You don't want to kill your scum-buddy.

Any other situation, even if you ARE scum, going along with the plan is in your best interest, because if you refuse to kill anybody, then we just lynch you and scum lose out on an extra townie death.

And if you are town then you have no reason to resist killing who the town wants you to kill.

Same thing applies to crazy.

The biggest problem I have with this plan is that if both crazy and IcemanE are town, and they both hit town, then we are royally fucked.

I might be willing to go along with this plan. It really depends on if we can decide on people who are acting really scummy. Im not really sure we should do this if all we have is a very vague idea of what people's alignments are.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Crazy wrote:
iceman wrote:I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "power hungry". I'm not trying to take over the world - I've even stated that I DON'T want the most 'powerful' role in the game, that being the Suicide Bomber.
I'd like to point out that town would actually want to be the Suicide Bomber more than scum. If an SB is scum, then they're pretty much screwed to die at some point... If they don't use their kill in lylo, then they'll be lynched without a thought.
Why? If a townie wants to SB at LYLO, we are guaranteed to lose a townie in that exchange, so he would have to be 100% sure he was gonna hit scum, in which case you might as well lynch the guy.

Yes, SB is more beneficial to the town than the scum though

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #4) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:15 am

Post by cerebus3 »

This doesn't make sense. If he is scum and gets a SB, he will DEFINATELY SB a townie (and one of the more useful ones I'd bet).
Thats exactly what armlx was getting at. If he is poisoned, then if we try to SB someone else, he will become a SB and just kill a townie as his death is inevitable. This is why if we are going to kill him and someone else with the SB and the dayvig today, the SB should hit Ice, and the vig should poison the other guy.

This is all assuming we SB today. Are we going to SB today? We never seemed to reach a consensus on that.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:16 am

Post by cerebus3 »

And that folks is why you refresh your page before you post.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:59 am

Post by cerebus3 »

And you might be Nk'd

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:24 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Crazy wrote:There are like... 3 protective roles... Nhat, ZombieSlayer, and Charter to some degree.
Zombie Slayer will not stop you from being killed, and it is possible that Charter will redirect the nk ON to you. Now, Nhat is a protective role though (as am I), but that doesn't necessarily mean you wont die. I am just stating a possibility anyway.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

charter, how would you feel if about SB'ing Ice himself?

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Alabaska really needs to die. I don't care how.

Ice man should to be bombed. (In case nobody is paying attention he just contradicted himself)

empking might just not be thinking too far into what he is saying.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (isolation #10) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:34 am

Post by cerebus3 »

icemanE wrote:
Ice man should to be bombed. (In case nobody is paying attention he just contradicted himself)
Mind explaining how?
icemanE in post 65 wrote:
charter wrote: I hope that wasn't a serious question. Definately scumhunting... Scum will try and get you to waste time during the day arguing about what role should do what instead of looking for them. I think it might even be better to not plan out night actions. This way, the next day, you have some explaining to do on why you did what you did. Plus then the scum wont know how we're acting.
I disagree - utilizing the roles will be a great advantage for us. As long as we decide that it will take a town consensus before someone uses a dayvig power, we essentially get free kills and delay heading into the night phase by lynching. The consensus is key, though - I think we should look at utilizing dayvig powers in the same way we look at voting.
icemanE in post 204 wrote:
This is equivalent to saying the town's best weapon is scumhunting.
...and it is... what are you saying with this? And why are you answering for arm. Please, I sincerely hate it.

armlx wrote:Why?
He wants to go along with your plan and lynch you for suggesting the plan. Since he is going along with the plan, he obviously thinks that it is the most pro-town thing to do today, so that means he wants to lynch the guy who suggested (what he thinks) the most pro-town plan. How is that not scummy?
Alabaska J wrote:
Poisoner, do you have a secret ability?
I hope I don't have to explain why this post is scummy.

oh, and if IcemanE is scum, I am 100% positive that Alabaska is his scum buddy.
icemanE wrote:
icemanE: This is why I think we should lynch armlx today and go through with his plan. Just in case he is scum trying to carpet bomb the shit out of this game as scum.
I agree with your logic in your post - I also think it's obvious that you're town this game considering the difference between your play here and in the newbie game we played in together where you were scum.

I disagree with your kill choices other than armlx, though. I think we should utilize poisoner today and do a regular lynch, and consider whether or not we even want the SB to use his power at all.
I think it is safe to assume at least 1 scum supported the plan. That is probably the best way to avoid being targeted as people decide who needs to die, it is quick townie points if one of their scum buddies dies, and it is something that they can talk about other than doing real scum hunting. Going off of this idea, Alabaska is by far the scummiest player in support of the plan.

Since IcemanE is going to be SB'd today, we need votes on Alabaska.

unvote, vote: Alabaska J

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (isolation #11) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:05 am

Post by cerebus3 »

Wow alabaska, 7 posts in a row and yet you still somehow missed my post.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #276 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:14 am

Post by cerebus3 »

This means you just don't understand what I am trying to say here. I think we might fall into the trap of letting armlx run the town later on, especially if this plan works, and just in case he is scum trying to steer the town here I would like to have a fail-safe implemented.
So we lynch him now because he might act scummy later, riiiiight....

The fact of the matter is that you are advocating the lynch of someone who has done nothing scummy whatsoever and actually proposed an idea that you appear to agree with. You are setting up lynches that have nothing to do with scum tells and are policy lynching him because he is trying to lead the town.

That is scummy as hell.

Alabaska wrote:Yes you do. I find nothing scummy about it whatsoever.
Do you ask people to just claim spontaneously in normal games Alabaska?

First off, supported? Odd choice of word there. Second off, you are using basically the exact same reasoning to vote me as I am to get armlx lynched today, WHICH YOU SAID WAS EXTREMELY SCUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is not why I am trying to get you lynched though Alabaska. It is why I am examining you. Supporting the plan is not in and of itself scummy. Notice that I did not FOS Has or Charter, even though they are willing to go along with it as well.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #282 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

hasdgfas wrote:
Alabaska J wrote:
cerebus3 wrote:
Alabaska wrote:Yes you do. I find nothing scummy about it whatsoever.
Do you ask people to just claim spontaneously in normal games Alabaska?
What if the poisoner had some secret ability that ended up hurting the town immensely when he tried to kill?
Then if he's town, he would have claimed it already, and if he's scum, he wouldn't claim it anyway. I don't see what you're getting at.
Exactly. This is just pointless role fishing.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #294 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:08 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

okey, so how do you think we SHOULD act pwnz? I know the game is moving fast, but you have yet to comment on anybody's alignment yet.

cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (isolation #15) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:19 am

Post by cerebus3 »

pwnz wrote:
You are an Inventor. You can target another player at night to give them one of your inventions. The invention will grant them a one-shot ability to protect, kill, inspect, or block at night. You can't choose which ability you give.
Even though you may not get to choose which one invention you give, I understood this as whoever recieves the invention can choose for themself.
I know the game is moving fast, but you have yet to comment on anybody's alignment yet.
What a stupid thing to say. How would my guess on an individual's alignment be any better then your own, or every one else's here for that matter?
Calling me stupid for asking you to contribute is, well, stupid. You have done nothing yet to help the town catch the scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”