Open 84 - Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:39 pm

Post by mik5 »

/confirm
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #31 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:05 pm

Post by mik5 »

Vote Sun Tzu
for ruining my dream of someday seeing an orange penguin.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #79 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by mik5 »

Is there a specific deadline for day one?

No, not yet, at least.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Post by mik5 »

Joubert definitely seems scummy right now because of his vote x today, vote y tomorrow mentality.

However, roflcopter has a similar mentality. He is willing to vote Eldricht if Chubbs is mafia. So far, i have seen little to connect Chubbs to Eldricht and setting up votes on an individual basis would insure more accuracy. For this reason, I am
voting Joubert
, but will not claim that a random person is surely his partner.

My main reason for voting Joubert is his lack of defense. He simply tried to pass on the blame to roflcopter, (who does deserve some), but has not defended himself at all.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #92 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:56 pm

Post by mik5 »

Sorry Mod, forgot to
Unvote
Vote Joubert
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:11 am

Post by mik5 »

Much like Snix, I would like to hear Joubert defend himself, but the fact that he still hasn't defended himself does not clear him of his scumminess. By no means is my vote permanent, but I have no reason to take it off Joubert until he actually explains himself. While I still dislike Roflcopter this game, at the very least he has given some feasible rationale towards his votes.

However, I still have several criticisms towards Roflcopter. Roflcopter claims that Eldricht is "poisioning the well" by trying to set up future lynches. Yet, I see four people already that you have called scummy (Chubbs, Joubert, Alabaska, and Eldricht). I have come to like your aggressive style of play, but you seem to think that anybody that follows your same style is scum, which is completely ridiculous.

On a completely different note, there are too many lurkers. Sun tzu, armlx, orange penguin all need to post (don't know if I am missing anybody there).
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #118 (isolation #6) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:22 pm

Post by mik5 »

I would also like to hear what Sun Tzu and Orange Penguin think. New perspectives will be helpful.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #120 (isolation #7) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:31 am

Post by mik5 »

Sorry, I wasn't specific. I was talking more about the vote split between Joubert and Chubbs? Who do you think is more scummy and why?
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by mik5 »

@ Eldrictch, how am I being Tunnelvisioned? The last several pages have primarily been about Joubert and Chubbs, so discussing those two specifically doesn't seem too ridiculous.

@ Armlx: very insightful =)
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #133 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by mik5 »

In response to Joubert:
Actually, I have never accused Alabaska of being scum. I also spoke out against multiple lynching if you read my earlier posts. So, I don't quite understand the copycat comment there.

Given the number of votes against you, it might be in your best interest to defend yourself rather than trying to spread blame. Please explain how we may have misconstrued the "misunderstanding" you spoke of (i assume this is the lynch x today, y tomorrow situation). What were you trying to accomplish by setting lynches up this way, and why would this be in the best interest for the townies?

My vote still isn't permanent, and I am still willing to hear you out. But please address the statements that got you into this voting situation (again, the vote x today vote y tomorrow situation) instead of simply calling them "misunderstandings."
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:20 pm

Post by mik5 »

crap......Scigatt basically had posted my second paragraph before I was finished. Sorry for the redundancy.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #169 (isolation #11) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Post by mik5 »

The bodyguard may have saved the correct person at night one or the fire mafia may have attacked a member of the ice mafia. As stated before, there are too many possibilities to derive a conclusion.

Geddingsworth, I don't mind if you FOS me, but give me an explanation. You also didn't give an explanation why you changed your FOS.

And to Alabaska, I concede that I was too eager to vote Joubert. (not that I was alone), but when you say that Chubbs was a better lynch I completely disagree. Hindsight is always 20/20 and you only say that he was a better lynch because of the fact that Joubert was found to be a townie. Chubbs looked just as scummy as Joubert at the time, so it is pointless to speculate on what we should have done. If we learned anything from our last mistake, we shouldn't start an immediate bandwagon against Chubbs.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #171 (isolation #12) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:38 pm

Post by mik5 »

So apparently my being incorrect about Joubert makes me scum? BTW, how do you know that Chubbs is still a better lynch? He could be just as townie as Joubert was, and from his posts it sure seems so. I refuse to start an immediate bandwagon against Chubbs before he has said a word.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (isolation #13) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by mik5 »

Please elaborate..............from reading my posts, I thought I gave a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why I voted Joubert.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (isolation #14) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by mik5 »

As I recall, your vote for Joubert was given with no explanation at all. Your exact words were, "Joubert's defense is teh suck." In fact, [/b] you hammered Joubert
, but ended up lucking out because of a technical error. I fail to see how my explanation that was similar to everyone else is any more scummy than your non-existent explanation.

---

ChubbsMcLubbs (2): Geddingsworth, Alabaska J
Geddingsworth (1): Scigatt

Not Voting (9): armlx, ChubbsMcLubbs, Eldritch Lord, forbiddanlight, mik5, orangepenguin, roflcopter, Snix, Sun Tzu
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (isolation #15) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:12 pm

Post by mik5 »

You think I am scummy because my reason for voting Joubert wasn't original and unique enough. Had it ever occured to you that multiple people may use the same reason for a vote? Doing so doesn't make you any more/less scummy, it is simply a justification for why you voted a certain way.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (isolation #16) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:38 pm

Post by mik5 »

Sorry Gedding, I mistyped. I meant to ask why Alabaska FOSed me, which lead to the long argument.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #184 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 pm

Post by mik5 »

Alabaska, you could say the same about you because of your first hammer, gedding because of the second, or anyone else that voted after roflcopter. I will repeat that having the same reasoning is not necessarily indicative of scumminess.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (isolation #18) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:44 pm

Post by mik5 »

Sorry, my last post was in reference to post 181. I should start using the quote tool.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #19) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:37 pm

Post by mik5 »

Wasn't snix the hammer?
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (isolation #20) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by mik5 »

I still need to do a reread, but I find one person annoying/suspicious. This person is Sun Tzu, who has had only three posts, all irrelevant. He has been lurking more than anyone this game.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #262 (isolation #21) » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by mik5 »

This post is in response to Cephrir's accusations:

You first criticized me for attacking Rofl, saying that he couldn't be a serious suspect:

Well, not enough players have been questioned this game, so I believe this was a step in the right direction if anything. If you read my post, you'll see that I didn't necessarily accuse Rofl of being scum, I simply questioned his tactics. If this sort of interrogation doesn't occur, how is one ever supposed to get information on his fellow players?

The next accusation is of me not voting often:

No real answer here, this just happens to be my first game. I would consider this a null-tell and don't really see the criticism here.

The biggest criticism--------->my Joubert vote was opportunistic:

This is probably the most valid criticism of me, and I would agree that my vote was slightly opportunistic. However, I am definitely not the only one that has put down a rushed, opportunistic vote. Also, I believe that the reasons for everyone else voting Joubert were valid. I didn't need new ones to find him guilty, the several that were given would suffice. I wasn't trying to be original in my post, I was trying to find scum.

Anyway, that is all I have to say in defense of myself. I will probably post my thoughts on who I find scummy later on tonight.
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #266 (isolation #22) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by mik5 »

Didn't really find anything that was too suspicious in the last several pages. I did find it odd when Eldritch FOSed me for voicing my suspicions about Sun Tzu. Maximizing the amount of active people in a game is a good way to find scum, so going against that seems odd. It was slightly aggressive, but not overly-scummy. I'm going to read some of the earlier thread, to hopefully find something more useful.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”