Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:19 am

Post by eldarad »

Not a Vote Count

Not Voting (10) -
everyone

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

I'm still on limited access. I will look at activity levels when I get back home tomorrow night, and prods will be issued where necessary.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 am

Post by chenhsi »

SpyreX wrote:Dear everyone. PLease come back and play the game.

Love,

Me
Well, if they aren't here, how are they supposed to read that???
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:56 am

Post by SpyreX »

Well, three of you did, didn't you?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:15 am

Post by Adel »

yeach, I can't rule anyone out as scum right now. Does anyone have a list of who they think is most probably town?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

Personally, I have at least some reasons to suspect everyone. If I had to name a pair I thought least likely, it'd be Zeek/Harvey. But, I'm really, really not sure about them.

Going off the votes, like I said before, we have a few scenarios I'll go deeper into:

1.) A majority town push.
If it was a majority town push, which normally I would not entertain BUT because of Gimbo's scumclaim and play I could see then the scums are:
Zeek/Harvey/Chelsea/Chenshi

2.) A signle scum pair push.
Regardless of the pairing, in this case the correct lynch is Chelsea/Chenshi

3.) A full scum push.
Then its Knight/Forbidden/Namless/Firestarter.

YES I DID NOT ADD MYSELF AND ADEL INTO THIS PAIRING.

So, logically, my brain screams Chelsea/Chenshi. That would be the right call in two of the three setups AND the fact that no one said anything regarding their lynch yesterday is very suspect.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:26 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

I'll take a punt on the Chelsea/Chenshi scum pair.

Vote: Chelseafan
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

And this is why I'm happy that it's 6 to lynch. NO ONE ELSE VOTE CHELSEA, at least until we've agree that's the best course of action. That said, I actually quite agree with SpyreX's analyis, and would be fine with a Chelsea lynch. He makes the most logical since, and his play has been somewhat lackluster too. (yeah, I know, pot calling the kettle black). Also, how long as it been since Knight has posted?
I think I need a divorce, mod! I'd like to remarry though :P
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:33 am

Post by Adel »

forbiddanlight wrote:And this is why I'm happy that it's 6 to lynch. NO ONE ELSE VOTE CHELSEA
vote:Chelseafan

'sup
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Alright, fine, if the scum fuck us over don't say I didn't warn you.

vote:Chelseafan

It's kinda pointless now to stop it. However, with Knight gone, if we are right, scum won't jump on the wagon. Chelsea will be stuck at L-1.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Adel »

unvote, vote:forbiddanlight

why were you so quick to change your mind?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:33 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Because if Chelsea is scum, my vote doesn't affect anything except by bringing him closer to a successful lynch. If he was town, the scum are going to pile on it anyway, and I wanted to have a measure of control over that. I anticipated the vote would switch to me when I did that. Guess what we are back at? 2 votes on Chelsea. I can now pull it back if the scum jump Chelsea. I'm also confident I'll be around to do that. It's a security measure. You can kill me if you like for it, just that you'll lose the game.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:38 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, if I'm scum, that means the scum also needs another town vote to kill Chelsea. If I'm town, it's a risk, but I think it'll pay off. Harvey could be scum too, which makes this plan possibly useless...but I want to see what happens.
-StrangerCoug

Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Firestarter »

Chelseafan wrote:I'm a he first off.

You say Adel's plan was a good one , which I admitted. I said I didn't like being lynched, I don't see why that's scummy in a game such as this where a mis lynch may cost the town victory. The fact NO One else seemed to find any merit in the plan is quit baffling if they believed Me/ches were scum with Gimbo, though I'm not saying everyone did, Knight certaintly seemed to think so early on.

Also you didn't cath Adel's plan? Surely you would have read the thread before you put a vote on Gimbo? I mean there was enough references to it, it's not exactly like it was that hard to miss was it? I find it quite hard to believe you missed the plan really.
Adel asks Chelsea if she's willing to lynch Gimbo again and again.
Sorry I can't exactly answer a question if I'm not online. I don't believe I was asked the question "again and again" before I answered. I answered it as quick as I could.
Chelseafan wrote:Well the plan was out there though, I don't think it was that bad as I believe I said.
I find it hard to believe though that no one noticed it apart from me, in fact I'm pretty sure the scum would have noticed it and chosen not to comment it.

Meh I wasn't offended lol, just pointing it out :)
So basically what your saying is that if the rest of us had noticed it, and decided that that was the way to go, that you'd have been happy with that???
Nope, you said the only reason you would not go ahead with it was because it was you....
If you are town, and you did say you noticed it, why are you questioning everyone else so much about it?

If you are town, then the logic behind your questioning is that if everyone had agreed to it, you would have made the sacrifice.... But you didn't...

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Now, as for Adels plan, it did not register with me at the time, but the hulabaloo over it from Adel/Spyrex/CF has made me go back & look further into it.
What I can see is the initial suggestion from Adel, and CF agreeing its a good plan, but not wanting to go ahead with it.
Adel is then asked by Gimbo what it means, and Adel asks him to go look again.
Thats the end of this suggestion, and not even Adel pushed this.
Gimbo played a very scummy game, and practically everyone and their dog was agreed that Gimbo needed to go at that point. Its been said many times why people didnt want him to get to D2 with his ploy, I dont need to repeat this.
But behind the "what ifs" is the underlying fact that town thought him to be scum. And if all scum were on the wagon, it would have taken only 3?? town to lynch.

However, Chelseafan/Chenhsi were the only grouping not voting, hadn't alot to say about the whole affair, laid low in the process, and did not commit to anyone/anything.
I get the most scum vibes from this pairing at the moment, but there is another pair out there and Im at a crossroads between Forbidden/Knight & Harvey/Zeek, I find both on an equal scum/town footing at this point.

Zeek has posted better than HP since replacing, but he has mentioned that he thinks that CF/Chenhsi & Forbidden/Knight could be the scum pairing, I can see this, but he's also mentioned Nameless/Firestarter & Spyrex/Adel as an alternative to this, but without reasoning.
HP has been off too, removing the vote from Gimbo having had it on him since the random stage. Then saying that he didn't think Gimbo was town because he was too mad!! Ive never played a game with Gimbo, nor anyones else here, so I cannot go along with meta's, only whats put in front of me in-game.
HP is the scummiest of this pairing

I said earlier in the game that I thought that Knight was a misguided townie, but since the lynch of Gimbo, Knight has seemingly gone missing, after being so vocal in D1, he threw votes practically everywhere, a confusing scum tactic perhaps?. Forbiddens recent post asking him to come out of hiding as "she cannot defend both of them" is suspicious to me, altoguh I cant quite put my finger on it at this point. My earlier assumption seeing Knight as a misguided town doesn't sit as well with me at this point.
Knight is the scummiest of this pairing.

As Ive stated, I find Forbidden/Knight & Zeek/HP equally scummy and/or townish in their play till now, and one of them would be my candidates for the 2nd pairing of scum at this point. At a push, Knights play is possibly the scummiest of the 4 from memory.

There is also the pairing of Adel & Spyrex.
Most of the posts from this pairing have contained alot of sense, and experience, that is clear. But the really odd thing is the removal of the votes on Gimbo from both of them... and stating that they would be placing their votes back on Gimbo regardless of hammer or not???
This is even more baffling because if there was a major change/mishap/occurence/ in the time that the vote was removed up to the point that they both re-voted, would it have made a difference??? Spyrex himself said that he was not gonna change his mind, as that would have made him look scummy.
Given Gimbo's play, its clear why you suspected Gimbo so much, we all did,, but you did not leave scope to look at other avenues, after unvoting for discussion????
My concern here is the "hardened commitment" to Gimbo.
Saying that, I think that this pairing is the most townish left from the 4 other groups.

My scum to town list reads like this at the moment... Top being more scum, and bottom, etc, etc...

1. Chelseafan/Chenhsi
2. Zeek/HP ~ Forbidden/Knight.
4. Spyrex/Adel

My
Vote
is on
CF/Chenhsi
at this point.
('') (':') ('')
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:56 am

Post by chenhsi »

This is really nice of you guys...

vote forbiddenlight
since he already has a vote...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:16 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, everyone, hold up a second.

WHY ARE THERE VOTES UP?

We need to talk before any votes get placed anywhere. We're approaching a classic standoff where only the town will lose.

I'm asking all of you, PLEASE, unvote before something bad happens. I think we've got two people already at the point where if everyone was active this game could be over.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Firestarter »

UNVOTE
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:25 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Fine, fine,
Unvote
. Adel, Unvote me unless you want the town to lose. Or unless you are scum, then I'm safe.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:31 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Why I'm unvoting despite my plan: It's useless if I'm also at 2 votes. Or anyone else is. The scum get more options and I personally know I'm not scum, much less with Chelsea. My wagon gives the scum a win, so I'm not going to try to tempt them on Chelsea on the off chance Chels is town.
-StrangerCoug

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:36 am

Post by SpyreX »

Now, some responses to whats been going on:
Spyrex himself said that he was not gonna change his mind, as that would have made him look scummy.
No, I wasn't changing my mind because there was two answers to that gambit. Believing him to be scum and lynching him day 1 or believing him to be town and not lynching him ever. As there was no reason to believe he was town, I sure wasn't going to take the risk. I dont care a whit if I look scummy for changing my vote if I think its necessary.

As for the hammer business. I made it very clear I took my vote of for discussion and Sunday I was putting it back, hammer or not. If the town wanted more discussion or to pursue a different avenue it would have been simple to make it happen. There was a definite tacit agreement to lynch Gimbo because NO ONE ELSE moved their votes.

Now, as for the last page. What the hell guys. This much rapid response makes me think at least some of you were actively lurking and I dont like that one bit.

Now, making the assumption that pairs WILL vote together today, which they should.. I'm actually way more than a little nervous.

I've expressed my idea for voting for Chel.
Harvey / Zeek did
Forbid / Knight did
Firestarter / Nameless did.

This means, to me, that Chel is NOT scum - thats too many votes there fellas.

However, Chel's partner chimes in with a WTF vote on forbidden.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:37 am

Post by SpyreX »

Ok, thats a little sense. Adel, sweetie, take your vote off forbidden please so that we dont get a scum push the other direction while we sort this through.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:52 am

Post by Firestarter »

Hang on Spyrex, thats under the assumption that you and Adel are town....
But thats not an assumption anyone else can make...

Adel also voted Chelsea, but instantly changed it to Forbidden....

Now Forbidden has a 2nd vote from one of my main suspects, Chenhsi...

There is also another posibility I overlooked in my recent big post, and thats Adel/Spyrex & CF/Chenhsi are the scum pairing, but that is due to my thinking that one of the pair were the least likeliest to be scum, Adel/Spyrex.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:57 am

Post by SpyreX »

No matter how you add it up, there's 4 sets on Chen which is one too many and, of course, I am assuming myself to be town in my analysis because I know I am town. :P

Like I said no votes until we start some discussion.
Show

Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:59 am

Post by chenhsi »

I voted because I know that chelsea is innocent and anyone besides her and me has a better chance of being scum.

But if you want,
unvote
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:03 am

Post by SpyreX »

I would, really, like everyone to chime in and say who they would vote for at this point WITHOUT voting. By that I mean everyone.
Show

Proud member of BaM
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon