SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:02 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sorry forbid, its more Knight than you. He said that lynch me first and if I'm town, lynch Gimbo - thats the whole "if Gimbo is town, we're going to lose" business.

Knight is going to vote for me tomorrow and, if you two vote as a pair, that will be game if Gimbo is town.

Which, of course, I do not think is likely but I have to prepare for.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:08 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Sorry, I don't believe in townie suicide blindly voting with my lover. I have my own thoughts, and if Knight isn't in agreement, we'll just have a little lover's squabble, now won't we?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
KNIGHT42
KNIGHT42
Townie
KNIGHT42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:14 am

Post by KNIGHT42 »

forbiddanlight wrote:

And you've got your failbot already in the shape of Knight/Forbid if they are also town. Not like it'll be hard to do, regardless.
I don't understand. What's this supposed to mean?
Kill Adel or SpyreX today, if they flip town, I give you all permission to lynch me tomorrow, how's that?
How about we do it the other way around. Adel and Spyrex didn't claim scum. However, since Knight is set on voting Spyrex, and I'll be the odd one on the gimbo wagon if this keeps up, meaning we get no info on the offchance gimbo IS town,
unvote
. I refuse to vote spyrex because I don't feel he's scum.
thats ok... I definitely would be willing to lynch Gimbo first, then go after spyrex

seriously
KNIGHT42
KNIGHT42
Townie
KNIGHT42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 am

Post by KNIGHT42 »

Unvote
KNIGHT42
KNIGHT42
Townie
KNIGHT42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 am

Post by KNIGHT42 »

either way, its a good plan

right?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

To a degree. We can't just decide Spyrex needs to die no matter what happens. I want to see Gimbo die and flip, and then figure out what to do from there judging from actions up til then and voting patterns. In this case
vote Gimbo
. Thank you for coming around, KNIGHT.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
KNIGHT42
KNIGHT42
Townie
KNIGHT42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:35 am

Post by KNIGHT42 »

forbiddanlight wrote:To a degree. We can't just decide Spyrex needs to die no matter what happens. I want to see Gimbo die and flip, and then figure out what to do from there judging from actions up til then and voting patterns. In this case
vote Gimbo
. Thank you for coming around, KNIGHT.
no problem honeykins

Vote Gimbo
KNIGHT42
KNIGHT42
Townie
KNIGHT42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:37 am

Post by KNIGHT42 »

5/7 required votes

FoS: Firestarter
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:49 am

Post by SpyreX »

Sorry, I don't believe in townie suicide blindly voting with my lover. I have my own thoughts, and if Knight isn't in agreement, we'll just have a little lover's squabble, now won't we?
I'm very, very glad to hear it.

Knight, you need to be open to more than just Gimbo/Me. If Gimbo is town, thats what is going to lose it. :(
Show

Proud member of BaM
KNIGHT42
KNIGHT42
Townie
KNIGHT42
Townie
Townie

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:17 am

Post by KNIGHT42 »

SpyreX wrote:
Knight, you need to be open to more than just Gimbo/Me. If Gimbo is town, thats what is going to lose it. :(
See: post 207
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Gimbo »

Ok, I'm at L-2, that's fine.

However, I want some other people to chip in on discussions, part of my initial claim also serves to start discussion, but about 3 lover pairs aren't really saying much, so I still want to hear them.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:00 am

Post by SpyreX »

Yes, we've got some serious lurkerosity going on, regardless.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:53 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Well, my partner is gone >sob< and I think Nameless and Firestarter need a wake-up slap.
"The carefully constructed chain of events suddenly seems not merely to contain a weak link, but to be constructed entirely out of stupefyingly enormous mistakes and errors of judgement."
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Firestarter »

Page 2/3.

MSSK was the first to mention a mass claim. This was followed by opposition to the notion by Adel, then Spyrex., and MSSK & SSF seen some sense in this. Nameless & Forbidden both post about liking the massclaim. Gimbo posts that he is in favour of a massclaim. Discussion slightly shifts to pairs voting similarly, more to the point, SSF & Chelseafan do not see why lovers should vote the same way. Gimbo then claims Scum, and sets out his plan in post 74. He is also the first to claim lovers before a general concensus is reached, and/or agreed upon.
Thoughts

Based on the previous game of Polygamist, its unclear as to what strategy would be best. This is portrayed in differing opinions notably from Gimbo, and Adel. While the reasoning for either strategy held water, more Gimbo's than Adels, there was no clear direction for town at this point. But Gimbo jumped straight in and claimed his lover, as wellas claiming scum, and without a general concensus. If Gimbo is town, I can only echo what others have said in relation to a D2, if reached, and if Gimbo survives D1. He will have made it harder for town to win with his "plan," and would make it harder for him & his lover to survive D2. If he is scum, then shedding light on himself is highly risky, considering that one "scum catch" will win it for town. At this point, I do not see why claiming scum and setting out the game to his rulings are helpful. They seem to hinder town more than help imo.

Page 4

SSF questions Gimbo claim, after Gimbo outs his lover. Gimbo votes chelseafan (Post 78) to follow his rules and claim, which Chenhsi duly obliges with in post 79. There are a few posts between them, almost informally after this. Hard to read, but Knight42 points at the group of Gimbo/Chelseafan/Chenhsi/SSF as being the scum group. Gimbo then places a
HoS
on K42 due to his vote and his join date??? Spyrex in 89 seems flabbergasted at Gimbo claiming scum and states that Gimbo's lover,
regardless of alignment
must not be happy. Gimbo then fos's all non-claimers after only 2 playerts post since his claim. Adel then votes Gimbo for spreading confusion for voting his lover in the random stage. Gimbo then votes Adel apparantly for no reason other than Omgus. Post 97, and Gimbo calls for lovers to claim again. Post 98 sees Spyrex argue with Gimbo's "plan" and a vote is placed on Gimbo. Spyrex is almost convinced that Gimbo is scum, and has claimed scum to rub it in afterwrds, if Gimbo succeeds. SSF again posts a one-liner.
Thoughts

So far, after 2 pages of bickering between Gimbo/Adel/Spyrex, Gimbo seems to be the one placing reasons as to why mass claiming is a good idea, but in return, both Adel & Spyrex dont give reasoning at all, instead they both utter the same words, in different contexts, "Im not in favour of a massclaim"... Reasoning supports your convictions here, and its just not followed upon by either Adel or Spyrex. This alone does not relieve Gimbo of suspicion, after all, he has claimed scum, and any reasoning must be taken with a pinch of WIFOM salt.

Page 5

Starts with an exchange between Spyrex & HP about not having lovers place all their eggs into one basket when votes are cast. K42 weighs in with another random post, imo. and votes Gimbo. In 105, Gimbo gives reasons as to why K42 is now the "safest bet" in regards to his noobiness, and places a vote on K42. Spyrex questions K42's motives for voting Gimbo, and immediatly Gimbo attacks Spyrex, thinking he's being "a little worked up" (Post 107). The very next post sees Gimbo give reasoning for voting K42, the reasoning consists of K42 throwing his votes onto who he believes to be the scum group. In 110, Gimbo attacks K42 again for his noobiness and cluelessness. Adel weighs in with a claim that scum have likely paired into groups, and expects that the biggest proponents of a D1 massclaim would be scum, she also asks Gimbo what he's learned from the other polygamist game (post 111). Gimbo gives thoughts on the other game, and asks Adel a theoretical question as to what she would do if she were scum, and what she would do faced with a massclaim. Spyrex again voices his sureness that Gimbo is scum, (Post 113). In 114 Adel refuses to answer the question asked, and states that mass claiming will
not help her catch scum
. Chenhsi one-liner. Nameless supports the notion that lovers should not necessarily vote the same person, if both lovers thoughts are different. He attacks Gimbo's claim as being risky & ridiculous, if he is town. Adel links Nameless & Gimbo as a scum group. Nameless asks why, in relation to the link. Adel states that Nameless fears placing a vote on Gimbo in case there is a backlash if a quicklynch goes through. K42 posts twice, firstly stating he found it wierd that 2 lover sets claimed early, then states that Gimbo deserves to die for "pulling a stunt like that". Gimbo states that Adel is obvious scum, and Adel asks "Why no vote then...?"
Thoughts

Generally speaking, Im in agreement that lovers should not be bound with votes on one player, where one lover finds another player scummy, it does not automatically mean the partner does too. Scope should be allowed for one lover to try to convince the other of who is scummier/townie. On the flip side, scum have one objective, and that is to lynch townies. Chances are, that they will be more in agreement with each other when placing a vote, it doesn't make sense for them to scatter their votes. To bound lovers to vote for the same person, is scummy imo, as its harder to distinguish scum from town through voting patterns.
Gimbo seems to be targetting K42 on this page, and I think its an easy target if he is as noobie as he comes across in his posts. K42 has posted some content, but imo, not alot of it really adds up. My feeling is that he is a naive noobie, but whether or not he's town, Im unclear. Adel refused to answer a direct question, albeit theoretically, but holds true to her comment about scum being the biggest proponent of a massclaim by attacking Gimbo, who was the first to claim. That alone would not convince me that Gimbo is scum, because the dynamics of this game are inherently different to the other game, different players have different outlooks, Ill be very surprised if both games pan out as identical as Spyrex seems to think from post 53. Im not too happy with Adel's post containing her "not being able to catch scum." Its not a one-player game, and if town are to win, you have to have a more open mind, because even "Superior players" can be wrong. with their convictions. Add this to the fact that Adel almost prohibits Nameless, and in doing so, anyone else that places a vote on someone close to lynching.. it reeks of scuminess.

Page 6

Starts off with Gimbo voting Adel in response to the last post on page 5. Adel asks for reasoning, and Gimbo answers that he had already suspected her, Spyrex and K42, but no reasoning. Chenhsi again with a one-liner. Adel picks up on Gimbo's lack of reasoning, and states that the vote on her from Gimbo, was based on her voting Gimbo. This was preceeded by a post from Spyrex who states that Gimbo's cases are all OMGUS, (Post 130). K42 points out that his group of scum are not voting for each other, Gimbo again attacks K42 over his noobiness, He also states that all non-claimers are all under suspicion because claiming cannot hurt town. Chenhsi then replies to K42's statement that all of his scum group are not voting each other, when in fact a random vote was left from Chelseafan on his partner. K42 post 138, and he asks for a mass vote on Chelseafan to put pressure on SSF to withdraw his vote from his lover. In post 139, Gimbo again ridicules K42's noobiness. K42 then posts his "plan" again, in full. Gimbo points out that K42's "plan" is flawed and it prohibits SSF from withdrawing his vote, in fact, prohibits him from doing anything, as this will result in K42 believeing SSF to be scum. Gimbo points out that the norm for this type of game was for the townies to claim D1, (Post 142). Post 146 sees Gimbo yet again question K42's noobiness and toys with the idea that Spyrex & Adel are lovers. Chelseafan & Chenhsi both claim confusion from K42's plan.
Thoughts

This time, Gimbo refuses to answer a direct question from Adel, instead pointing to earlier suspicion. I dont see any reasoning however, and to this point it seems that Gimbo is happy to attack/vote anyone who attacks/votes him. On the same note, K42 is flip flopping with his votes, voting and unvoting the 4 players in his "scumgroup" within 51 posts of each other, I truly dont know what to make of him, as he is sticking to his earlier guns, voting people in the group he believes to be scum, but his reasoning, and mostly all of his posts, reek of noobiness, and naiveity. So far, its noobie town, altough there isn't really mush point in placing vots on players you believe to be scum, as one good hit, will take all 4 out if he is correct... However, to know who the scum group is so early in the game is a bit far fetched.
Gimbo managed to take a few swipes at K42 on this page, basically pointing at his play style, and his noobiness. This is the only Vote that has reasoning from Gimbo from what I can see. But K42's validity of scum hunting was rightly brought into question by Gimbo, Chenhsi and Chelseafan imo.

Page 7

SSF points out to K42 that a dice roll is the only reason a vote is on his lover. Forbidden than claims a lover of K42's, and disagrees with pretty much everything K42 has posted to date. Forbidden than questions Gimbo's plan, and states to wait to see how it unfolds. FL then places a
FoS
on Nameless for suggesting the mass claim at the start, and not going along with it. SSF unvotes in 154. In 155 Gimbo lists the pairings so far, and lists those who have not claimed. The main suspicion is on Adel & Spyrex, more so on Adel, pointing to reason such as "No reasoning as to why a D1 claim is no good", "Not answering a hypothetical question based as being scum", and "Ignoring comparisons to another game". HP replies to Gimbo post about non-claimed players containing scum. HP states that he left it up to his partner to claim pointing to an earlier post. Adel then replies stating that Gimbo is lying, or must have a short memory. Gimbo, in rely to HP, states that the probabilty of where scum are hiding is in equal amounts, 2/6 in the claimed group, 2/6 from the non-claimed group, he also states that HP overreacted and climbs Gimbo;s scumdar. SSF then states that Gimbo's probability is not a fair assumption to make. Spyrex contradicts Gimbo's claim that the other polygamist game was massclaimed from the start by town. He also states he was going to be more aggressive in this game from the outset, and again states that he believes that Gimbo's plan is not liked by him, and wants to test Gimbo's claim scum, as he believes that a scum victory is a likely outcome if Gimbo survives D1. States he will not claim. Adel points out that she is a superior player and that a mass claim will again, not help her catch scum in post 162. Chenhsi assumes that HP's lover is Firestarter. Gimbo seems to like this suggestion. 165, & SSF suggests that Chenhsi is rolefishing, and votes Chenhsi. Adel states she is "On to Gimbo" and again asks for reasoning over the Gimbo vote on her. In 168 Adel reiterates that the other polygamist game started with Scum calling for a massclaim from the start, and states that her and her lover expexted scum to look for a massclaim from the start. Chenhsi asks "What is fishing?". Adel helps out with the answer and states that SSF is diverting attention away from his lover. 173, Nameless claims Firestarter as his lover, and questions K42 over his logic in his "plan". Forbidden retracts Nameless
FoS.

Thoughts

Based on K42's posts to date, and based on the notion that Forbidden is town, distancing herslef from K42 would be the appropriate thing to do, as K42's posts and plans fail to inspire much. On the flip side the same would be true if they were a scum pair, so far, Forbidden hasn't offered much in the way of information, and based on K42's play to date, Im reading a townish vibe from them, very very much misguided town (K42). Both Adel & Spyrex contradicted an earlier statement made by Gimbo in relation to the other polygamist game, where scum were the main proponents of the massclaim, and town followed afterwards. This adds weight to the amount of players so far wanting a Gimbo lynch at this time.

Ok, so thats a full synopsis on 7 pages guys, its taken forever....
Im bloody well knackered atm, but I have read the posts on pages 8 & 9 so far.

Im happy to place my vote on Gimbo, his scumclaim, his voting of everyone thats attacked him from the scumclaim, his persistant wanting of a D1 massclaim, and putting everyone who didn't claim under a
Fos/Vote

My main want for this is the fact that if he survives D1, and another town pair are mislynched D1, it would be almost impossible for town to win D2.
It is the safest option at the moment, and again, if town, it will offer alot of info to work from in D2.
But if we've hit the sweet spot, there is no need to worry about a D2, as we can bathe in a town win.

VOTE: GIMBO

I believe this is -L1...
('') (':') ('')
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:30 am

Post by Adel »

so who is scum with Gimbo/SSF then?
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Gimbo »

Yes it's L-1. I want to apologize to Flea for ruining this game for her. I'm so sorry :cry:

I'll see you guys on the other side, go town!

P.S. Firestarter: My vote for Adel was not OMGUS, I know I did offer explanation somewhere in those pages.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:42 am

Post by Gimbo »

actually, DO NOT HAMMER. I want D1 to last longer, and for more people to chip in.

Ok I want to add something else here. First of all, I had no knowledge of Polygamist Games going into this one. I came up with the idea to start a massclaim after someone brought it up and I thought it over and in my mind, it was a fantastic idea!

It was only when Adel asked me for my opinion that I went back and looked at Open 79, and found out that in that game, the scums were the ones that started the mass-claim. However, this is a different game, so I don't think it's necessary to compare this game to another game.

I have no objection to my lynch actually, as long as it is somewhat helpful to town. If I get speed-lynched somehow before I get to post more last words, just know that I suspect Adel / SpyreX the most, details are in the post one page back.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Gimbo »

EBWOP (215): Flea is a he! I'm sorry for saying 'her' !!!!!!
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Adel »

unvote, vote: KNIGHT42
until he answers the question from this post.
Adel wrote:
KNIGHT42 wrote:actually, I say we take out spyrex. i personally think there's a good chance he's mafia, and even if he isn't, gimbo surely will be.

well not surely but there's a pretty good chance.
Who do you think spyrex's lover is?

(please, nobody else answer this for him)
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:54 am

Post by Firestarter »

Good question....

Chenhsi & Chelseafan, they're flying low under the radar. And if Im not mistaken, they have neither spoke out alot on the exchanges between You & Gimbo's exchanges. Would I also be correct in saying that they have no votes on anyone?? Im open for correction there.

HP & MSSK... HP has been posting, and somewhat defensively from what I can recall. On the whole, there isn't a whole lot to go on. But again, I believe that neither of them have votes placed anywhere either... I reiterate, Im open for correction on this.

Forbidden/K42... Ive stated what I think of this pairing in my previous post, K42 comes off very noobish, very naive, and very hasty to place votes. Forbidden seems more refined than K42, but hasn't offered up alot in the way of info. Im getting a 60/40 town vibe from them atm.

A penny for your thoughts, Adel, would be nice...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It was only when Adel asked me for my opinion that I went back and looked at Open 79, and found out that in that game, the scums were the ones that started the mass-claim. However, this is a different game, so I don't think it's necessary to compare this game to another game.
Gimbo, we both know if that was the only reason I wouldn't be voting for you. :P

More than the massclaim, its the scumclaim. That gambit, in most setups, would be a total WIFOM that might work. In this one, I feel it is a much better setup for scum than for town to pull a stunt like that.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Adel »

Firestarter wrote:A penny for your thoughts, Adel, would be nice...
For "Is" and "Is-not" though with Rule and Line
And "Up" and "Down" by Logic I define,
Of all that one should care to fathom,
Was never deep in anything but — Wine.

--Omar Khayyám
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Maybe I need to ask that question again...

Who do you think are Gimbo/SSF scumpairing?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Adel »

no way, I asked first.
Adel in post 214 wrote:so who is scum with Gimbo/SSF then?
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Firestarter »

And I responded in kind....

Dont be a spoilsport now

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”