Survivormeet III (8/9-8/13) IT'S OVER!

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #44 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:10 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Totally interested for this if I can make it
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #83 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:55 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

So for me option 1 is just like far better than option 2.

Like being 2 hours from an airport is like pretty bad for anyone who needs to fly in (and while I don't know the locations of everyone listed, a good portion of the ones I do know will need to fly in). Firstly, the last thing someone probably wants to do after a however many hour flight is drive for another 2 hours. Secondly, this means that for pretty much anyone they will either have to:
A. Rent a car for 5 days (not a cheap expense and if you can't drive or don't want to in a place you've been before, pretty bad)
B. Organize with people to pick them up at PAX anyway, and then travel 2 hours

Meanwhile the first one is literally 15 minutes from the airport. You can uber there for pretty cheap, public transport should be able to get you there, and should all else fail, someone at the meet can pick you up at the airport, even if they already are at the meet.

Thirdly, on the whole "we can hold more people so the meet will be cheaper" thing, if fewer people are able to attend, then the price won't be cheaper. If the more expensive option was the more accessible one, then yeah, I'd probably go along with that, but it's not. And I think you can probably accomodate a good amount of people for Option 1 anyway, even if the beds can only take up to 16 people, you can have people bring air mattresses, sleep on the couch, or worst comes to worst, use a sleeping bag and pillow. Obviously we'd need to check with the people who own the place if that's cool, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. So taking option 1 likely will have more attendees and a cheaper price.

Lastly, I'm pretty sure Haschel lives in Portland, or near it. So with option 1 he can probably find a weekend, visit the place, get a good sense of what he can set up where, talk to the owners themselves if they are nearby, and see if there are any problems beyond having to have a five day meet (I'm fine with this but I'm not sure if it's a dealbreaker for anyone else). Not sure if any of the mods are close to Option 2, but if they are you can disregard this.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #205 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:49 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

The fact that no one here has said Blood Rage yet dissapoints me greatly. WHO DOESN'T LIKE VIKINGS?
Also Keyflower is a staple, granted I've only played it once, and Agricola is great.
Jaipur, Pandemic (any version really) and Puerto Rico are all ones I'd love to see played.
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #207 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:18 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

Note: azul is a great game
VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #235 (isolation #4) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:32 am

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

VashtaNeurotic
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
VashtaNeurotic
He/Him
Bullet Trainer
Bullet Trainer

Post Post #258 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:14 pm

Post by VashtaNeurotic »

You are fucking fantastic!

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games [Big Brother: Digital Distortion Now Accepting Sign-ups!]”