HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Sorry about the delay. I read through yesterday and I'm still pretty puzzled by the goings on.

I'd like to think there's some method to the role reveals, but I can't figure anything out there. I'm also baffled by last night's kills. There's really no reason not to kill one of the masons - I haven't really seen much in the way of doubt that they're town. Besides, with the chance of a no-reveal it's not like they would be isntantly cleared from someone's death. That leads me to believe the scum either knew there would be a reveal last night or they just wanted to create more confusion.

Oddly enough, the more I find myself agreeing with Mr Stoofer, the uneasier I get. i don't really see him as scum, but I think he'll need to go when we get closer to endgame.

Here's a question for you Mr Stoofer - Given your assertion that Guardian is scum, what do you think about Guardian's suspicion of hasdgfas? Do you think it was bussing or just a red herring?

I would really like to get more insight on SeraphicMirth. Between her and Shin, that's my biggest whole at the moment.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:17 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:There's really no reason not to kill one of the masons
I thought my two reasons were pretty solid.
HackerHuck wrote:That leads me to believe the scum either knew there would be a reveal last night
This doesn't make any sense. That there's no reveal doesn't change anything in our case : if one of us was NKed, it would mean that he's town, so that the claim is true and thus that the other is confirmed mason.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:The "something odd" refers to the fact that masons are usually the first target for the scum because they are confirmed innocents. If the Doc hadn't died, the Scum might not target a mason in case he had doc protection; but the doc died before night started. On the other hand, strife220 was pretty much confirmed innocent if Guardian was Scum, so maybe it's not such a big point.
Hmm I fail to see how masons would be confirmed innocents. They just claim, like the others. I in fact thought that we would be harder to confirm than vanilla, since we share some characteristics with scum (knowledge of the other's alignment ; town or scum could accuse us of trying to cover a relation between us with a townish explanation).

Mr Stoofer wrote:As to your other question, see post 851. You said that that there was someone who could persuade you to claim (but didn't explain). I was going to ask "is the other person me?" (as a joke, because I knew it obviously wasn't me) but instead I asked "what letter does their name begin with" as a joke.
Do you often use "their" for a singular ("only one person") ? Anyway, I believe you. Re-reading it, it does make sense, especially about the timing between posts. So no towntell for you about this.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:26 am

Post by lord_hur »

We could use a couple prods, on SM and springlullaby, maybe hasdgfas :(
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:31 am

Post by hasdgfas »

HackerHuck wrote:Sorry about the delay. I read through yesterday and I'm still pretty puzzled by the goings on.

I'd like to think there's some method to the role reveals, but I can't figure anything out there. I'm also baffled by last night's kills. There's really no reason not to kill one of the masons - I haven't really seen much in the way of doubt that they're town. Besides, with the chance of a no-reveal it's not like they would be isntantly cleared from someone's death. That leads me to believe the scum either knew there would be a reveal last night or they just wanted to create more confusion.

Oddly enough, the more I find myself agreeing with Mr Stoofer, the uneasier I get. i don't really see him as scum, but I think he'll need to go when we get closer to endgame.

Here's a question for you Mr Stoofer - Given your assertion that Guardian is scum, what do you think about Guardian's suspicion of hasdgfas? Do you think it was bussing or just a red herring?

I would really like to get more insight on SeraphicMirth. Between her and Shin, that's my biggest whole at the moment.
What makes you think the scum know when reveals occur?

I'd really like SM to talk today, honestly. I want to know her and springlullaby's thoughts before we do too much, because we don't want them skating by as we do all the work.

Also, HH, I'm pretty sure there are great reasons to keep the masons alive, just think for a couple minutes.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 8:33 am

Post by lord_hur »

lord_hur wrote:We could use a couple prods, on SM and springlullaby, maybe hasdgfas :(
Well, maybe not hasdgfas.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

HackerHuck wrote:Here's a question for you Mr Stoofer - Given your assertion that Guardian is scum, what do you think about Guardian's suspicion of hasdgfas? Do you think it was bussing or just a red herring?
I did a re-read of Day 1 at the beginning of Day 2, looking for interactions with Guardian. His attack on hasdgfas didn't look like bussing to me, because there were various people under suspicion (not including Guardian or hasdgfas) at the time and there was no reason to bus so strongly at that stage. This was my conclusion after my re-read:
Mr Stoofer [post 430] wrote:I have concluded that neither thevampireofdussledorf or hasdgfas are Guardian's scumbuddies based on yesterday's play. I am not confident that I can pick out who
is
his buddy, though.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:20 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer, do you have any reason to believe that this setup was conceived with only 2 scum-aligned players ?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:39 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

No. I assume that in a mini-theme game with powerroles there are 3 Scum.

:PREVIEW EDIT: I see why you asked the question now -- when I said "who is his buddy" I wasn't intending to imply that there was only one.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 6:45 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Hey all, I'm here, haven't read anything since daybreak yet...I don't have internet access Friday-Sunday all summer. My time today is limited. I will 100% definitely read up and see what's what tomorrow. :)
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Well Mr Stoofer, that's quite a nice list you've got now. If I just look at who's left alive and assume that the nightkill victims were townies, then we don't have too many people left that you think are scum.

The living:
HackerHuck
hasdgfas
lord_hur
Mr Stoofer
springlullaby
SeraphicMirth
Singing Librarian

You seem to believe the claims of lord_hur and Singing Librarian, you've asserted that hasdgfas wasn't partners with Guardian scum, and I'm sure you consider yourself a townie. That just leaves me, springlullaby, and SeraphicMirth as your scum-probables. With the belief that there are two more scum alive, why haven't you been able to make a case on one of us three (that's a 2/3 chance of randomly hitting scum)? In fact, you haven't seemed to comment much on any of us. I find that rather odd.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

That's an excellent point. I'll do a re-read on HackerHuck, springlullaby and SM when I have the time - which may not be for several days.
SeraphicMirth
SeraphicMirth
Goon
SeraphicMirth
Goon
Goon

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:53 am

Post by SeraphicMirth »

Okie dokes..well, I too am surprised by the NK...I thought for sure one of the masons would be gone. Also, Strife was an interesting choice, and I don't understand the no-reveal on a night kill, because we all would obviously know that a NK would be townside. So..interesting. I dunno what to do with all that wondering though, it won't really get us anywhere.

I felt bad about the situation with lord_hur when I came back to read...I didn't expect a role-reveal like that at all, and especially with him outing the other mason--there was probably a better way to handle that particular piece. Anyway, admittedly my argument against LH was weak, but I really felt that, on final re-read, Musher was who he claimed (especially when he tried the whole "there's something only town would know" thing). My thinking was that a doc is valuable, and I didn't want a no lynch, so LH looked like a possibility. Also, for some reason it was molded so the lynch choice was all waiting on my decision (felt like it anyway), which I didn't like. So, I just saw what I saw in LH and went for it. I was, apparently, way off. I think I've been pretty off this whole game.. :-/

So, now I'm thinking that maybe Spring does need a closer look, but I dunno...I'm kinda unsure overall right now. She came in as a replacement and posted rather strong statements, which I have seen in replacing scum before..though not all the time. I dunno, I'm more of the read-others' arguments and see what I think type. Which sucks but it is what it is.

Anyway, I will try to re-read her and a few other people, narrow down the list a bit, and see if I can't at least come up with some questions on others for discussion..I hope others do the same!
"One's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:20 am

Post by undo »

Already looking for a replacement for springlullaby.
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:02 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

thanks undo!

Just a note that I'll be gone for a few days. I'm looking forward to reading some good posting when I return on the 7th.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:31 am

Post by undo »

The third meeting had barely started when a mysterious obscurity invaded the sky and hid the sun. This time, there was no firestorm, but the plumbeous clouds hid the sun completely. The city was plunged in utter darkness – it was so dark that people couldn’t even see their own hands.

Obviously, there were no conditions to continue the discussion – in fact, there were no conditions to do anything. Wherever the Egyptians tried to go, they would stumble on each other or hit walls. Therefore, the third meeting had to be cancelled, until this new plague was over. Meanwhile, despair took the Egyptians' heart. Could the end be near?

Please send in choices until
July 7, 7 PM GMT

Also, stark replaces springlullaby.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:15 am

Post by undo »

The strange dark clouds began to fade away and Ra was once more able to ostentate his magnificent and resplendent solar disk.

However, the sun was far from bringing new hopes to the Egyptian people, who loved it so much. When the sun rays touched the Egyptians' skin, this one burst open in extremely dolorous pustules and boils. Screaming and crying with pangs, the Egyptians had no choice but to cede to the pain that invaded their body through the open wounds.

Some minutes later, the sores began to heal and the pain eased. Once again, it was time to esteem the damages and victims caused by the plague. Some people were resistant enough to survive it, others fell unconscious for many hours, while there were others who expired at the hands of the cruel disease.

One of them was
SingingLibrarian
, one of the persons who had been regularly attending the royal meetings to stop the Hebrew menace. He was
Mosi
son of Habibah
, a respected youngster among the community, known for his honesty and his keen love for his mother. He was a great loss for your side, without any doubt. But the meetings must not stop.

(check the first post for SingingLibrarian's common rolename)

With 6 alive, it's
4 to lynch
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:14 pm

Post by stark »

Hey comrades,

I'm really excited to be in this game, it looks really super, especially with the illustrations from Undo.

So, I did a full re-read a little while back, and the player who screamed scum the most to was Mr Stoofer.
I was surprised, however, that more attention did not come to him through the course of the game. So, to support my assertions, I have selected a 2 posts that I find particularly interesting:

1. Interaction with Guardian (Posts 165-170)
Guardian wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:Also, I want to put the following point on the record:

If we do not lynch thevampireofdussledorf today, we should lynch SlySly.
Why?
Now, Stoofer has asserted that Guardian was scum. If that's indeed the case, then I find his response most intriguing.

(Post 167 and 168 have been fused for reading ease)
Mr Stoofer wrote:
Guardian wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:Also, I want to put the following point on the record:

If we do not lynch thevampireofdussledorf today, we should lynch SlySly.
Why?
Are you sure you want me to say this? Really?
What I mean, Guardian, is that I don't think that it is a good idea but I will explain if you (
and only you
) absolutely insist.
Noted that both players in question were town.

Guardian's reaction is also interesting.
Guardian wrote:Stoofer, I don't insist.
What i got from these posts was Guardian scum was bussing too hard, and Stoofer scum commanding him to let up, which was immediately complied to.

Take from that what you will.

Mr Stoofer in post 566 wrote:OMFG how have we not lynched Musher yet? Do you guys not understand the fact that he gave himself away, by accusing me of being scum
for defending Guardian
. That means that
he knew that Guardian was scum
. And the only way he could have known that was if he was Guardian's scum buddy.

FFS guys, can we get this game going please?
This was possibly the worst argument I have ever seen, and I expected more from a legendary player like Stoofer. Noted that Musher turned out town, as a result of Stoofer pushing the wagon on a claimed doctor. Regardless of the lack of believability of Musher's claim, Stoofer never even unvoted after a doc claim. In my opinion, this is highly suspect.

But that's only my say.

Also, unless Guardian was scum, we are more or less at LyLo (which is why, incase I'm wrong, I'm not voting Stoofer right now.). Because of the circumstances, I would say that a massclaim would help the town a great deal.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Okay. I am confirmed town. And the next victim. Yay.

The setup looks clear now on the scum side : extraordinary powers (ending a day ? OMFG). With this kind of stuff, it is impossible that they are more than 2. Wish I was scum, but I never am ><

Right now, I am tempted by two votes :

- Mr Stoofer : was at 75% scum before Musher333's lynch, is now sitting happily at 95%
- stark : right when he replaces, the big magiks fly ? I don't like coincidences.

Though I really want to see Mr Stoofer dead.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:No. I assume that in a mini-theme game with powerroles there are 3 Scum.

:PREVIEW EDIT: I see why you asked the question now -- when I said "who is his buddy" I wasn't intending to imply that there was only one.
Also, this looks now like a very nice slip.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

lord_hur wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:No. I assume that in a mini-theme game with powerroles there are 3 Scum.

Could you please explain?
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

Lord_Hur - are you implying that Stark is scum bussing his last partner really hard?

I think that his replacing in and the day ending are coincidental. I cannot imagine anyone would use that kind of a power immediately after replacing in.

I also think it's premature to assume that the scum are responsible for the day ending quickly. It's also possible that some kind of game mechanic triggered the day ending, but it's not really worth debating in my opinion.

I'm intrigued by the Stoofer as scum idea - I have been mildly suspicious for quite a while now. I'm just a little surprised by the sudden interest in him as a suspect.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by lord_hur »

hasdgfas wrote:
lord_hur wrote:

Could you please explain?
He implied that there were only 2 scums, back near the beginning of the game. Now with this recent development, I'm thinking that there are actually only 2 scums.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:Lord_Hur - are you implying that Stark is scum bussing his last partner really hard?
Never said they were partners. But it is a possibility.
HackerHuck wrote:I also think it's premature to assume that the scum are responsible for the day ending quickly. It's also possible that some kind of game mechanic triggered the day ending
A magical setup, mysterious obscurity invading the sky mid-day, what more do you want ?
HackerHuck wrote:but it's not really worth debating in my opinion.
Oh god how many times did I hear this since the beginning of the game whenever I tried to work out the mechanics...

I guess it's much better to semi-lurk all day and hit a deadline where you happily choose between lynching a mason and a doc, as directed by one of the few people that don't lurk, right ?
stark
stark
commie scum
stark
commie scum
commie scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by stark »

lord_hur wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:but it's not really worth debating in my opinion.
Oh god how many times did I hear this since the beginning of the game whenever I tried to work out the mechanics...

I guess it's much better to semi-lurk all day and hit a deadline where you happily choose between lynching a mason and a doc, as directed by one of the few people that don't lurk, right ?
See, my theory is that scum have a bunch of 1 shot abilities (as I noticed that the plagues were not coming in biblical order).

So what we have left is:

River to blood
Locusts
Death to all Firstborns

But I think that at this point, number 1 priority should be lynching scum.

It would be really super if we could have some other input as to who is scum. And a word from Stoofer as well.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”