forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, my analysis, also
unvote Firestarter, FoS Firestarter, FoS Killa Seven
(the tag didn't take)

armlx: At page two, seems to have expected a couple of responses, re LTG and CF Riot regarding the wagons. Points out my post is scummy. Points out K7 as scummy for voting me with a caution that makes him seem like he thinks I'm town. Points out dcorbe is way behind. Argues with K7 about voting me. Feels really bad about me with my "I had a plan" post. Brings up LAL about my plan, which most people do think is a lie...got sarnath'ed bottom of page 6 about how I could have coasted as scum with the self vote on me. Armix states that Firestarter puts too much importance in his vote. Says it's an appeal to emotion when I claim I'm town. Votes forbiddanlight. Claims erratic play is the sign of a liar. Armix points out a lot of my defense as "You are wrong b/c I am town". I guess it could be construed that way. I don't think so, but yeah. Argues that lynching a bad town player is not the best move. States rarely voting on FL 2's part is only helpful as scum. Says common sense trumps gut unless gut has logic.

Joubert: By page 2, has a vote on dcorbe for "obvious reasons". Comes back Page 7, having NEVER explained those obvious reasons, with a big analysis post on the game. Also questions me. Responds to LTG's responses to his questions. Dislikes LTG's responses for acting odd.

killa seven - Page 3 states a dislike of random voting, and thusly doesn't do it. Gets confused by the meta talking about a cop. Votes me with a statement implying he thinks I'm town. Claims it was a bluff to see if I "really wanted to play this game". This is about as bad as my claim it was a plan, I personally think. Argues pity is for the weak. Claims that he knew I'd "cop out" and claim I was baiting scum. Twists what I was saying to show an "inconsistancy".

FaerieLord -replaces in, questions me about the game, and who I find scummy, after analyzing key posts. I might just be a bad player, he seems to think. Pulls a Corinthian on me with his question about how my plan was to look scummy. Also apparently rarely votes.

SpyreX - analyzes constantly it seems. Seems rather against what LTG did, buut doesn't vote him. Also calls out my vote mention. Needs a reread to figure out what scum vibes he feels. Page 5 also points out that you can catch scum D1. Also points out the fallacy of voting inactives. Points out my post is scummy. Self vote confuses him. Wonders if there is a jester. Points out dcorbe is way behind. FoS' killer for voting me while thinking I'm town. Wants to reread again claiming someone has scum vibes. (didn't he say that earlier?). Posts that Firestarter's FoS is kinda OMGUS and not even committal. Thinks that me and K7 are likely both town and the scum are laughing at this exchange. Does a reread. SpyreX also dislikes my wording, as well as my certainty. MEgaposts analysis, votes me claiming that you can't WIFOM yourself out of a good lead. Claims my case is a lot worse than K7s, also points out holes in my logic. Wants my thoughts on who is scum. Finds FL 2 non-commital, doesn't see my lynch as solid and wants to hear other cases.

forbiddanlight - Page 1&2, Voted an inactive, keeps bringing it up...yeah. Page four, more bellyaching about inactive. Fluff post on page 4. Page four begins to look a little bad for me since my posts feel like posting for the sake of posting, and also include a fallacy that scum usually isn't caught D1. Page 5 involves a scummy post that dismisses Gimbo and Bogre's attacks on me, not committing to anyone being scum, and overall just posting for the sake of posting. To be fair, I kinda agree with that assessment, though I didn't mean to do that. Votes self at this point, saying she gives up. Claims to look scummy. Claims to know what a Jester is. Claims to have had this clever plan, which was ruined by the fact she looks scummy. (wow, I never realized how ridiculous that looked until I reread that. I mean, it was true, but I understand others POVs a bit better now). Tries to explain her reasoning, votes K7, points out she could have coasted with her self vote with people assuming she was misguided townie rather than dangerously execute a plan. Posts some long tirade about spies and how she can handle pressure (to be honest, this was also rather pointless, and brought on by emotion) I claim that I've asserted I'm town several times. Also that no matter what I said someone would call it out. Claims to have asserted she's played mafia before (those posts have been cited). Answers Joubert's questions. Claims intuition on K7, claims RL for emotionalness. Claims the trap is for the good of the town. Corrects Killa. Answers posts from SpyreX and Gimbo. Answers Spyrex's posts. Right now the defense is pretty much "I had a plan, it failed, K7 is scum, so you shouldn't vote me". Posts thoughts on who she thinks is scum, as well as appealing to emotion with such comments as "Hope you find scum next half of the day". Claims Firestarter is twisting her posts. Smartass comment to Bogre about how they are lynching town. Posts who she thinks is scum, in descending order. Claims another spin job on her words by firestarter, votes firestarter.

Gimbo - defends himself against Page 1 wagon, votes Dcorbe on an ongoing game joke. Points out CF Riot might be overeager to look townie. Points out my post is scummy, cuts me slack for being "new". States town should never be fine dying. Encourages the game as one of lying...though apparently LAL is rather alive and well. Continues advising me that scumminess != scum all the time. Tells K7 to get off my case, because I basically soft claimed (?? Did we ever get an explanation for this?) Gimbo dislikes my wording "One of us is scum". Tries to say I pulled a noob tell. Votes me, claiming I was pretending to be a poor noob. Unvotes, claims my play is erratic (it is :S).

Firestarter - Unvotes me Page Six after a Page one random vote on me. Doesn't think either me or Killa's actions warrant and FoS. That seems rather non committal :S. Feels possibly both K7 and I are townie at this point, won't let FoS' or votes be dictated by Corinthian, citing his post count. FoS' CFR for what he said about the FoS. Doesn't really feel the need to vote anyone at this point. The first word twist about how I say "I didn't intentionally look scummy", and he makes it say "Oh, so you WERE planning on quitting?" Continuing into a diatribe about how bad I look, how K7 is likely town, voting me. Claims my plan was a lie, and not thought out (I agree with the latter, but it was a plan). Another word twist, where I say "I'm lying?" In a sarcastic way to point out his hypocracy, and then uses the "I'm at the full truth" comment to imply I'm contradicting myself. Claims forbiddanlight rates scumminess based on the level of attack on her. Changes what Corinthian meant to him saying I'm town, not what he actually said of it not making me town. Claims he's not twisting words, but providing alternatives.

CF Riot - Page 1 dislike of random voting, page 2 advising Gimbo because of his wagon reaction. Also feels from previous experience that even a weak case needs credence (say one based on random votes), but not random voting is not scummy. I guess that works :S. Also wants to "appear" townie. Gimbo is right that that's a little odd. Is willing to have the spotlight on him because he figures it'll clear him. Votes K7 (for voting someone that he thought was town), FoS' Firestarter (for being non committal with even FoS'), doesn't say much about me at all. Finds me scummy, K7 scummier.

Corinthian - does that "cop interview" style questioning about random voting. Corrects my assumption that D1 is a crap shoot. Plays both sides of the issue stating that killa's vote was stupid, but agrees with his basic idea. Comes back in Page 7 to start questioning me. Asking about my plan. Continues pushing me, with a vote this time. Agrees with forbiddan's posts relating to word twisting by firestarter, claims firestarter might be distancing.

LaptopGun - Questions the wagon and counter wagon, gets called out by armix for pointing this out in random voting phase, page 3 justifies by a meta read that should imply he is given to flights of fancy with odd things :S. Further explains what conclusions he can draw from the random voting. Says SpyreX is voice of reason. Meta comments at the bottom of page 4. Unvotes, finally addressing the issue at hand page 6, finds Killa's actions scummy. Points out that both me and Killa were likely gambling for something. Comes back Page 9 with quotes from another game that just ended to justify his absence...oook. Then thinks forbiddanlight is scummy, also states it's her reactions, NOT her initial self vote. Answers Joubert.

ShadowGirl - Page 2 mostly jokes around, fluff posts something about her joke...Comes in to say her access has been bad. OK...

dcorbe - seems interested in meta reads, is on the Gimbo wagon, FoS's Shadowgirl for joking and such. To be honest, I can see this slightly. Jumps in talking about a...meta discussion? Erm...way past that I think. But a good way to ignore the current drama...noted.

Manito - "I agree with this post" behavior, FoS' Killa. Another "I agree with this post"...but proposes the theory both K7 and I are scum and that my plan was to get an over aggressive townie, and this plan failed so K7 puts pressure on my so I can back out...meh, too risky in my eyes, but ok. More "I agree with this post" page 7. Votes me, answers Spyrex, agrees with SpyreX. Agrees my play is erratic, and that my play doesn't seem very town.

Bogre- Jumps in Page 3 with a vote on LTG, claiming he is trying to look town with weak reasoning. Understandable, and actually makes me feel better about my later view that he finds scum by aggressively attacking them with votes rather than sitting around with discussion. Jackals them, rather. Moves on to me for "putting onus on my vote". Relents the attack slight because I'm a newbie. Tells me to unvote and hunt scum. Accuses me of lying with my plan, agreeing with armix. Hasn't voted me as of page 7, but is definitely leaning my way, though initial thoughts were frustrated townie. Dislikes a comment I made about how the town was lynching townies.

Voodo - IS NOT AROUND! Waiting on replacement for him

Argh, I'm done, all of the rest is page 10. I have to go to bed. Tomorrow, I'll reread this analysis and make my vote. I meant to do it tonight but this took too long.
ALL IN ALL YOU'RE JUST A...

forbiddanlight - 5 (killa seven, armlx, SpyreX, Manito, Corinthian)
killa seven - 1 (CF Riot)
LaptopGun - 1 (Bogre)
Gimbo - 1 (dcorbe)
Joubert - 1 (ShadowGirl)

Not Voting - FaerieLord, Voodo, LaptopGun, Joubert, Gimbo, Firestarter, forbiddanlight

18 alive, 9 to lynch.

-Mod
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by armlx »

Your analysis is a summary. You post practically no opinions or interpretations of players actions. This is a bad thing.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@Gimbo - I don't think the town can afford to let the k7/forbid exchange go. It has to be rectified or it will become an issue later when we cant afford to have it lingering.

@Forbid - A decent summary, but some of what you've said can be misconstrued. Of course I'm only speaking for me:
Needs a reread to figure out what scum vibes he feels.
Yea, there was a few players I had an "itch" about but couldn't place why. Some I mentioned, others after a couple rereads I got.
Self vote confuses him. Wonders if there is a jester.
The self-vote did, and does, confuse me. My point about the jester was mostly being snide - that was about the only role that made sense to self vote. ;)
MEgaposts analysis, votes me claiming that you can't WIFOM yourself out of a good lead.
THIS one I think is WAY too much of a summation. I voted you because you have been behaving very scummy. The mention of WIFOM is because me, and a few others, were going to let you off the hook BECAUSE it seemed TOO scummy to actually be from a scum.
Wants my thoughts on who is scum. Finds FL 2 non-commital, doesn't see my lynch as solid and wants to hear other cases.
I want to know what you think IF, of course, I am wrong. I think your lynch is fundamentally the best lynch for the day - if I've said otherwise (which I sure dont remember after my actual vote) then thats sure as hell not what I meant. But, of course, I want to squeeze you for every bit of information I can scum or town. ;)

Aside from that, there's no
feelings
anywhere in that post. That's a bad thing. We can all read it, but we cant see your take on it.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:54 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

Knight of Cydonia replaces Voodo!
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:56 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Indeed I do. And once I've had time to read up, I'll post a brief LoS. Expect it about 9pm GMT.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:40 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

There were going to be opinions...but I had to go to bed. I'm about to EBWOP my opinions in now. I'm sorry about that.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

armlx: At page two, seems to have expected a couple of responses, re LTG and CF Riot regarding the wagons. Points out my post is scummy. Points out K7 as scummy for voting me with a caution that makes him seem like he thinks I'm town. Points out dcorbe is way behind. Argues with K7 about voting me. Feels really bad about me with my "I had a plan" post. Brings up LAL about my plan, which most people do think is a lie...got sarnath'ed bottom of page 6 about how I could have coasted as scum with the self vote on me. Armix states that Firestarter puts too much importance in his vote. Says it's an appeal to emotion when I claim I'm town. Votes forbiddanlight. Claims erratic play is the sign of a liar. Armix points out a lot of my defense as "You are wrong b/c I am town". I guess it could be construed that way. I don't think so, but yeah. Argues that lynching a bad town player is not the best move. States rarely voting on FL 2's part is only helpful as scum. Says common sense trumps gut unless gut has logic.
Feelings? I'm leaning town. He's played a fairly consistent game, and a relatively observant one. It's only D1, but I'll be surprised if he's scum.
Joubert: By page 2, has a vote on dcorbe for "obvious reasons". Comes back Page 7, having NEVER explained those obvious reasons, with a big analysis post on the game. Also questions me. Responds to LTG's responses to his questions. Dislikes LTG's responses for acting odd.
Feelings: I really don't like his disappearance, and I'm not sure if he explained that. Also, the obvious reasons during the random vote phase never came to light. But, his actions upon his return seemed reasonably townie, if a bit too open minded, possibly giving me too much room. However, since I'm town, that just makes me think he tends to be slow to vote. Sooo...I'll say town on this one.
killa seven - Page 3 states a dislike of random voting, and thusly doesn't do it. Gets confused by the meta talking about a cop. Votes me with a statement implying he thinks I'm town. Claims it was a bluff to see if I "really wanted to play this game". This is about as bad as my claim it was a plan, I personally think. Argues pity is for the weak. Claims that he knew I'd "cop out" and claim I was baiting scum. Twists what I was saying to show an "inconsistancy".
Feelings: Ah yes, K7. I don't like what I see. I mean, I tried rereading with an open mind...but I really don't like what I see. His only saving grace is I've managed to look scummier somehow. I'm not going to say definite scum like I was, but I am definitely leaning scummy on him.
FaerieLord -replaces in, questions me about the game, and who I find scummy, after analyzing key posts. I might just be a bad player, he seems to think. Pulls a Corinthian on me with his question about how my plan was to look scummy. Also apparently rarely votes.
Feelings: There isn't a lot here considering he replaced in page 9. Also decided to give me a chance to defend myself. Also asked me a couple of questions I already answered. The rarely votes thing bugs me, a lot. Also the reluctance to reveal his other suspicions until the K7/FL debate ran through. I want to say town, but I don't like what he's done so far. I wouldn't say he's scum yet, but I'm VERY slightly leaning that way.
SpyreX - analyzes constantly it seems. Seems rather against what LTG did, buut doesn't vote him. Also calls out my vote mention. Needs a reread to figure out what scum vibes he feels. Page 5 also points out that you can catch scum D1. Also points out the fallacy of voting inactives. Points out my post is scummy. Self vote confuses him. Wonders if there is a jester. Points out dcorbe is way behind. FoS' killer for voting me while thinking I'm town. Wants to reread again claiming someone has scum vibes. (didn't he say that earlier?). Posts that Firestarter's FoS is kinda OMGUS and not even committal. Thinks that me and K7 are likely both town and the scum are laughing at this exchange. Does a reread. SpyreX also dislikes my wording, as well as my certainty. MEgaposts analysis, votes me claiming that you can't WIFOM yourself out of a good lead. Claims my case is a lot worse than K7s, also points out holes in my logic. Wants my thoughts on who is scum. Finds FL 2 non-commital, doesn't see my lynch as solid and wants to hear other cases.
(by the way, let me quote the FL isn't a solid lynch comment...and then realize I completely misread it. Sorry Spyrex, I misread this:
Ok... what?

If you've got cases, share them.
Have opinions. Town needs voices, not lemmings.
If you dont think the lynch on Forbid is solid, stand up and go for it.

This post reeks so much of noncommittal I dont even know where to begin.
Relevant portion bolded. Please strike that "Doesn't think the forbiddan lynch is solid" due to misread.

Feelings: Well, there is definitely something to the more you post, the more likely you are to slip up if you are scum. SpyreX seems to have been playing as if he has nothing to slip up about, posting relatively large posts, challenging a lot of views. I like it, and am leaning town.
forbiddanlight - Page 1&2, Voted an inactive, keeps bringing it up...yeah. Page four, more bellyaching about inactive. Fluff post on page 4. Page four begins to look a little bad for me since my posts feel like posting for the sake of posting, and also include a fallacy that scum usually isn't caught D1. Page 5 involves a scummy post that dismisses Gimbo and Bogre's attacks on me, not committing to anyone being scum, and overall just posting for the sake of posting. To be fair, I kinda agree with that assessment, though I didn't mean to do that. Votes self at this point, saying she gives up. Claims to look scummy. Claims to know what a Jester is. Claims to have had this clever plan, which was ruined by the fact she looks scummy. (wow, I never realized how ridiculous that looked until I reread that. I mean, it was true, but I understand others POVs a bit better now). Tries to explain her reasoning, votes K7, points out she could have coasted with her self vote with people assuming she was misguided townie rather than dangerously execute a plan. Posts some long tirade about spies and how she can handle pressure (to be honest, this was also rather pointless, and brought on by emotion) I claim that I've asserted I'm town several times. Also that no matter what I said someone would call it out. Claims to have asserted she's played mafia before (those posts have been cited). Answers Joubert's questions. Claims intuition on K7, claims RL for emotionalness. Claims the trap is for the good of the town. Corrects Killa. Answers posts from SpyreX and Gimbo. Answers Spyrex's posts. Right now the defense is pretty much "I had a plan, it failed, K7 is scum, so you shouldn't vote me". Posts thoughts on who she thinks is scum, as well as appealing to emotion with such comments as "Hope you find scum next half of the day". Claims Firestarter is twisting her posts. Smartass comment to Bogre about how they are lynching town. Posts who she thinks is scum, in descending order. Claims another spin job on her words by firestarter, votes firestarter.
Feelings: OMG what the hell was I doing this game? Seriously, rereading this, I'm not surprised I'm being voted. Hell, if I weren't me, I'd be voting me for this stuff. The only problem is the fact I am me and know I'm town. I screwed up the plan, yes. I got way too certain on Killa. In fact, the only thing I really see here is my observations on Firestarter, which could still be wrong. However, I kinda feel a couple of those posts really were a bit of messing with what I said on purpose. Ugh...the only reason I can say I'm town is because I have my role PM, because my actions this game sure as hell don't reflect it. I'm sorry about leading us this far into a mislynch, and I hope I can fix it before it happens.

Gimbo - defends himself against Page 1 wagon, votes Dcorbe on an ongoing game joke. Points out CF Riot might be overeager to look townie. Points out my post is scummy, cuts me slack for being "new". States town should never be fine dying. Encourages the game as one of lying...though apparently LAL is rather alive and well. Continues advising me that scumminess != scum all the time. Tells K7 to get off my case, because I basically soft claimed (?? Did we ever get an explanation for this?) Gimbo dislikes my wording "One of us is scum". Tries to say I pulled a noob tell. Votes me, claiming I was pretending to be a poor noob. Unvotes, claims my play is erratic (it is :S).
Feelings: I'm really not sure what to feel. I dislike that soft claim comment that never got explained. Not sure how I feel about being advised, because in a way that protects scum in some cases because they get encouraged to change their behavior, and thusly get away with it when they do...but I appreciate the advice as town, and it helps prevent mislynches. I perfectly understand the dislike of wording, and the erratic play. But...given what I've seen so far, I lean town.

Firestarter - Unvotes me Page Six after a Page one random vote on me. Doesn't think either me or Killa's actions warrant and FoS. That seems rather non committal :S. Feels possibly both K7 and I are townie at this point, won't let FoS' or votes be dictated by Corinthian, citing his post count. FoS' CFR for what he said about the FoS. Doesn't really feel the need to vote anyone at this point. The first word twist about how I say "I didn't intentionally look scummy", and he makes it say "Oh, so you WERE planning on quitting?" Continuing into a diatribe about how bad I look, how K7 is likely town, voting me. Claims my plan was a lie, and not thought out (I agree with the latter, but it was a plan). Another word twist, where I say "I'm lying?" In a sarcastic way to point out his hypocracy, and then uses the "I'm at the full truth" comment to imply I'm contradicting myself. Claims forbiddanlight rates scumminess based on the level of attack on her. Changes what Corinthian meant to him saying I'm town, not what he actually said of it not making me town. Claims he's not twisting words, but providing alternatives.
Feelings: No bones about it, I hate the percieved word twisting. I also dislike the early non committal ness...however, I'm open to him being right that both K7 and I are town, and thus no FoS should be used. But then again, you have to consider FoS is kinda a measure of scumminess (I think). Whereas scumminess does not always equal scum, if you have a lot of FoS, you are likely doing something wrong, whether you are town or scum. Especially given FoS isn't even a real vote, I think both K7 and I warranted an FoS at that time. It doesn't look good really, so I'm going to give a scummy read on it, with the provision that part of it is from bias due to what I saw as word twisting. If you take that out there's no real case.
CF Riot - Page 1 dislike of random voting, page 2 advising Gimbo because of his wagon reaction. Also feels from previous experience that even a weak case needs credence (say one based on random votes), but not random voting is not scummy. I guess that works :S. Also wants to "appear" townie. Gimbo is right that that's a little odd. Is willing to have the spotlight on him because he figures it'll clear him. Votes K7 (for voting someone that he thought was town), FoS' Firestarter (for being non committal with even FoS'), doesn't say much about me at all. Finds me scummy, K7 scummier.
Feelings: Ok, wants the spotlight on him, but that never got followed up on. It should have been. I think anything like that always needs to be called. I apologize for joking about it if that got the situation forgotten about. Don't like the appearing townie. Also the first to vote K7 (and only one other than me too), and FoS' Firestarter on the noncommittal ness. To be honest, what I dislike is that he didn't even really mention me at first til I started posting a lot of the stuff that got me in this mess. He focuses more on K7. In fact, if I were scum I'd say his voting pattern made him one of my partners. The trouble is I'm not scum...but I wonder...if I were to flip town, it might look slightly better for people voting in a similar pattern to me...something to consider. Also, I'd like to see him come back and weigh in on current events. In the end, I actually lean a little scum on this.

Corinthian - does that "cop interview" style questioning about random voting. Corrects my assumption that D1 is a crap shoot. Plays both sides of the issue stating that killa's vote was stupid, but agrees with his basic idea. Comes back in Page 7 to start questioning me. Asking about my plan. Continues pushing me, with a vote this time. Agrees with forbiddan's posts relating to word twisting by firestarter, claims firestarter might be distancing.
I like how he does things. The way he asks questions forces contradictions out in the open. The only trouble is it does a slight word twist every so often. I don't like that, but as long as one rectifies it, he seems to move on. I'm leaning town.

LaptopGun - Questions the wagon and counter wagon, gets called out by armix for pointing this out in random voting phase, page 3 justifies by a meta read that should imply he is given to flights of fancy with odd things :S. Further explains what conclusions he can draw from the random voting. Says SpyreX is voice of reason. Meta comments at the bottom of page 4. Unvotes, finally addressing the issue at hand page 6, finds Killa's actions scummy. Points out that both me and Killa were likely gambling for something. Comes back Page 9 with quotes from another game that just ended to justify his absence...oook. Then thinks forbiddanlight is scummy, also states it's her reactions, NOT her initial self vote. Answers Joubert.
I really don't like someone absent for so much, also missing any commentary on the initial start of the FL/K7 debate. The posting of the other game seemed a little irrelevant, but armix said he's cool, so I'll take his word for it. The thing I don't like is the way he phrases things seems a bit like someone trying to sound like their actively analyzing, but really kinda fluffing it. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I also lean slightly scum here.
ShadowGirl - Page 2 mostly jokes around, fluff posts something about her joke...Comes in to say her access has been bad. OK...
Feelings: Not enough Shadowgirl. I want to see some SUBSTANCE. Otherwise, I can't make a read.

dcorbe - seems interested in meta reads, is on the Gimbo wagon, FoS's Shadowgirl for joking and such. To be honest, I can see this slightly. Jumps in talking about a...meta discussion? Erm...way past that I think. But a good way to ignore the current drama...noted.
I don't like how he missed the initial discussion about the K7/FL thing by mentioning a meta discussion...and then hasn't appeared since. I think he's lurking...has anyone seen him post elsewhere? Either way, I'm leaning a little scummy here too...when a big thing like this happens, we need everyone's opinion.

Manito - "I agree with this post" behavior, FoS' Killa. Another "I agree with this post"...but proposes the theory both K7 and I are scum and that my plan was to get an over aggressive townie, and this plan failed so K7 puts pressure on my so I can back out...meh, too risky in my eyes, but ok. More "I agree with this post" page 7. Votes me, answers Spyrex, agrees with SpyreX. Agrees my play is erratic, and that my play doesn't seem very town.
Feelings: He agrees way too much. But he does have a few original thoughts (such as the K7/FL scum gambit theory). I'd like to see him agree less...he could be hiding. But, I have a slight town read on him, say 60:40 town:scum.
Bogre- Jumps in Page 3 with a vote on LTG, claiming he is trying to look town with weak reasoning. Understandable, and actually makes me feel better about my later view that he finds scum by aggressively attacking them with votes rather than sitting around with discussion. Jackals them, rather. Moves on to me for "putting onus on my vote". Relents the attack slight because I'm a newbie. Tells me to unvote and hunt scum. Accuses me of lying with my plan, agreeing with armix. Hasn't voted me as of page 7, but is definitely leaning my way, though initial thoughts were frustrated townie. Dislikes a comment I made about how the town was lynching townies.
Feelings: To be honest, he jackals. That's both a good way to hide as scum and a good way to catch scum. He hasn't voted me yet, which is odd given how much he seems to suspect me, but he could be one who is quick to attack but slow to vote. He seems to be slightly worried about mislynch...so I lean townie on this one.
Voodo - IS NOT AROUND! Waiting on replacement for him
Has been replaced by Knights, and I look forward to seeing his analysis. A fresh view always helps.

Alright, there we go, I actually got to post feelings this time.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Alright, to be honest, I really don't like what CF Riot did. Despite what I've looked like, he persists with killa. There's also that little tinfoil hat theory I had about looking similar to a townie to have the high ground the next day. I of course, reserve the right to change my mind, but for now,
vote CF Riot
. I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can vote K7 over me looking over my actions. I'm glad you didn't, but it does make me wary.
-StrangerCoug

FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 4:10 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Manito

Post 1: Random Vote
Post 2: Jokes
Post 3: Jokes
Post 4: Agrees with SpyreX
Post 5: Agrees with Armlx (and uses LAL incorrectly)
Post 6: Argues meaning of LAL
Post 7: Agrees with Bogre
Post 8: Agrees with Spyrex
Post 9: Tries to look good on both sides
Post 10: Once again, triest to look good on both sides.

I'd also like you to notice how he is not a replacement. He has sincerly only posted 10 times (3 of which random or jokes) in a 260 post game.

While we're at it. Here we go!

Dcorbe

Post 1: Random (?) Vote
Post 2: Dictates rules
Post 3: FoSes a joke
Post 4: Calls Killa a tool
Post 5: Talks with Killa
Post 6: Asks Laptop a question
Post 7: Asks SpyreX a question
Post 8: Good post
Post 9: States opinion
Post 10: Refuses to offer opinion

Another 10 post person. And guess what, this one hasn't even tried to scumhunt. All he has done is clarify things and give a comment about armlx's strategy. He hasn't even bothered talking about any case at hand.

Gimbo

Post 1: Being Gimbo
Post 2: Gives a suggestion
Post 3: Being Gimbo + Gives a suggestion
Post 4: Disputes random voting stage
Post 5: Sits the fence
Post 6: Jokes
Post 7: I like this post. A Tiny FoS...to get things started.
Post 8: Jokes
Post 9: Gives a suggestion (+ AHAHAHAHA XD...sorry I had to.)
Post 10: Jokes
Post 11: Jokes
Post 12: Fence sits
Post 13: Good post, even though I disagree
Post 14: Gives a suggestion
Post 15: Semantics
Post 16: Sees a soft claim. This really looks bad to me
Post 17: Another good post
Post 18: Stuff
Post 19: This is also good
Post 20: Back to the fence
Post 21: Trying to draw conclusions

I'm metaing here. This is the third game I'm in with Gimbo, but is it just me, or has he been sitting the fence way too much? The Gimbo I know is rash, impulsive and random, but this one has been pretty cautious.

I didn't post these before because I didn't want momento from the forbiddan wagon to be lost. I do think she is pretty scummy, but I'd rather have it go on a bit further, as it looks as though she can be logical when she puts her mind to it.

Also, sorry for you long post haters.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:32 am

Post by Gimbo »

FL, i'm maturing, haha ;)
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Corinthian
Corinthian
Townie
Corinthian
Townie
Townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:20 am

Post by Corinthian »

Yeah, I've got to say, given Gimbo's meta, he's been acting really . . . subdued lately.

small FoS to Faerie Lord for saying he doesn't want to discuss other people until we resolve the forbid issue.

forbid- how do you know cf doesn't think you're right? he hasn't posted in a while.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:23 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I don't know. It's just that after rereading everything I've said and everything Killa has said, I really don't like how he stuck with Killa. Now, should he come back with an explanation, and possibly a new take on things, then I'll probably get off him. But for now, I feel REALLY uneasy about CF, which seems weird, I know, but it kinda feels that way to me.
-StrangerCoug

ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:05 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

I apologize for my absence once again - a reread shall be coming in a day or two. Thank you for being patient with me as I catch up with all my games.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:46 am

Post by SpyreX »

Wow, we've got some content up ins.

Forbid, thank you for giving your feelings on what is going on. Honestly, I still think you're scum, but I definitely waver a bit more in it. Regardless, this is information and that is very, very helpful.

I've been rereading again (surprise) and there's something really iffy with the exchange on page 6 between Firestarter and LTG.

Firestarter -suggests- that forbid could be scum trying to attract townies (but doesn't FoS or vote).

Laptop unvotes (doesn't revote) and in his next post says: Still it seems both forbiddanlight and Killa were gambling for something.

BOTH of these players are, by wording, suggesting a scum is in the forbid/k7 setup. Yet, neither are willing to vote.

Next page, Firestarter actually FoS's on CF7 (my statement of reeking of OMGUS) but still doesn't vote.

In fact, Firestarter doesn't vote for Forbid until after I megapost AND the wagon gets some steam.

All in all, I dont like the way its went down. If we're wrong about forbid, there's definitely going to be some eyes that way.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:55 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Well, you ARE wrong about forbid, but if I die, and it catches scum, it's fine. My thoughts are out there, that's one of the most important things a mislynchee can do. I can only hope you find the scum with the help of my analysis or something.
-StrangerCoug

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:29 am

Wow. well, this was going to be a full LoS, but I'd actually like to have a focused look at forbiddan light.

First 2-3 pages, she makes a couple of random votes, removes them fairly quickly (fair enough, you might say, since they were random), then starts a small off-shoot convo into the value of the random votes.
She then self-votes. Now, I haven't played with forbiddan, so I have nothing meta to go on, but I have played around 25 games of Mafia/Mafia variants on other forums (none as good as this one), and if experience tells me anything, it's that a self-voter, who then pulls the vote off themselves as soon as a wagon looks like forming, is going to be scum.
My thoughts are out there, that's one of the most important things a mislynchee can do. I can only hope you find the scum with the help of my analysis or something.
Seriously, rereading this, I'm not surprised I'm being voted. Hell, if I weren't me, I'd be voting me for this stuff. The only problem is the fact I am me and know I'm town.

I also don't like the way she keeps reiterating she's going to be a mislynchee - it seems like that's her only defence. She's also tried to pass it off as 'a plan'... well I think it was a plan, but it was one to reverse-psych us out.
And if you want some final, damning evidence (IMHO):
I'm sorry, but I don't see how you can vote K7 over me looking over my actions. I'm glad you didn't, but it does make me wary.
Okay, I'm sorry, but
what?
This is reverse-psych play at it's finest, IMHO. Classic WIFOM. We're all supposed to think "Oh, surely a Mafia player wouldn't want us to vote them!"

Vote: forbiddanlight
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:53 am

Post by armlx »

Someone mind hammering fl? His going back on all his actions reeks of scumminess.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:55 am

Post by FaerieLord »

armlx wrote:Someone mind hammering fl? His going back on all his actions reeks of scumminess.
You were complaining that not posting up the cases was scummy, so I posted them, and you are still complaining?
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I'd do it, but I think the hammer might be someone to look at as well. So, anyway, here's the problem with your analysis...I didn't say anything about random votes. I didn't even get into that conversation about them. I ended up in a coversation about inactives, so I have no idea what you were reading. And to be honest, I'm admitting I look scummy. I screwed up horribly as a town player. My only saving grace is the fact we got a lot of discussion going, and that you are going to have a lot to discuss tomorrow when I flip town. So, I hope you catch scum soon. And if K7 is scum, SpyreX, you do owe me a sig :P.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:57 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

They were talking about me, and armix sucks at gender pronouns.
-StrangerCoug

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:59 am

Post by armlx »

You were complaining that not posting up the cases was scummy, so I posted them, and you are still complaining?
Umm, other fl. You are FL, forbiddanlight is fl.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:19 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Also, it's not a hammer yet. I only have 6 votes now. I need 9 to be lynched. I need 3 more votes...where are you getting your numbers, armix?
-StrangerCoug

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:22 am

Post by armlx »

Also, it's not a hammer yet. I only have 6 votes now. I need 9 to be lynched. I need 3 more votes...where are you getting your numbers, armix?
I confused this with a mini (12 alive, 7 to lynch). My counting is odd today.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:32 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Explains it. Well, either way, I think pretty much everything is out there. If I'm going to die, I'm going to die. If I'm not going to die, then who is? Where is this discussion going?
-StrangerCoug

Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:16 am

I honestly think if the town doesn't lynch forbidden after quite possibly the scummiest first day I ever did see, we're screwed. Anyone who acts this scummy as town is a hindrance, and anyone who acts so blatantly obvious as scum is a gift.

And like my mum says, never refuse a gift. Because you can always get store credit.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”