xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

mini 620 - pxm - GAME OVER

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:55 am

Post by xyzzy »

It began to rain over Springfield, Missouri. This was, of course, a very common occurrence – it had rained many times over the past several months, and this really surprised no one at all. But it was extremely bothersome for MeMe, who was still walking along in the rain, in Cooper Park, across from the cemetery and only a very short distance from her house. She had no umbrella, you see, and it was very rainy, very suddenly. She began to run in the direction of her house, hoping that she did not get to wet, and hoping even more that she did not fall.

She continued to run until finally she was running through the cemetery. Of course, she was careful to take a path that avoided any of the numerous tombstones, but it was difficult to concentrate on getting out of the rain and getting through the cemetery at the same time. Perhaps, she thought, I should've merely taken a slightly longer route that completely avoided the cemetery, as she continued to run. She came to a very small tombstone, almost too small to see – and tripped on it. Landing in the wet grass, her body ached, and she began to get back up.

As she got back up, she noticed a dark vehicle slowly driving toward the cemetery. It was a hearse. Was someone being buried here today? Best to get out quietly, she thought. She scrooched down and began to slowly slide away on her now-soaked knees. Someone exited the hearse – a young woman she didn't recognize. The woman began to walk toward her, her black trench coat blowing in the wind. “MeMe,” the woman shouted, “It's over!”

“Who are you?” called out MeMe, a feeling of confusion and fear rising up within her. She got up, still clutching a bit of grass.

“MeMe,” the woman began, “I'm Ether. I'm ending this right now.”

“Ending what?” asked MeMe, feeling extremely scared.

“That game, the one Xyzzy is running. You know what I'm talking about. That game is a travesty to all that is good about Mafia – the rules are absurd, constricting, and not Mafia. Plus, he's banned rantbuddies! What's up with that? I want you to end that game now, MeMe. So go home, get on your computer, and tell him he's not running it. Alright?”

“No,” replied MeMe, slowly walking toward Ether. “I don't feel that's at all necessary.”

“Fine, then, MeMe,” cackled Ether, pulling out a gun. “Are you ready to die for that?”

“Don't shoot! I'm not shutting it down, what's wrong with you?!?”

A red stain slowly began to cover the tombstone that MeMe had earlier tripped on.

MeMe's TombstoneYou are MeMe, the list mod for Coney Island and Little Italy. Apparently some people didn't want you to let Xyzzy mod this game, and you left your house one day to calm your thoughts about the matter in the park...

You win when all threats are eliminated.

March 13 [year of birth obscured by body] – June 23, 2008

“Operative number one, do you copy?” said Ether into a walkie talkie. “She refused to comply. We're going to have to take a more direct route.” As she pushed a small blue button on the walkie talkie, the hearse was destroyed in a small explosion, and after several minutes a limo drove up to the edge of the cemetery. She stepped into the vehicle, and without speaking a word, was driven to Xyzzy's house.

He wasn't home.

~~~

Several dozen vehicles arrived at several dozen houses the next morning. In those houses were several dozen people who in turn got in the several dozen cars, not quite sure why the angry-looking people were forcing them to get in. They were summarily driven to Xyzzy's house, and were read the following message:

Note appearing in all protown role PMsHello! I am Xyzzy, and you are a
townie
. It turns out some jerks want to kill me, and your life is of on importance to me, so I've decided to have you represent me – probably to the death. Please be smart and live – with you out of the way it won't be too hard for Ether's bad people to find and kill me. Please make sure you comply to the following rules that me and Ether agreed on over phone:

Rule One: Lynching.
All voting and unvoting must be in bold type, in the format “vote: Ether” or “unvote”. At the end of each day, whoever has had the most votes on them for the longest time will be lynched
even if that person already has a majority of votes on them before deadline.
You must unvote before voting. Failure to do so will result in your new vote not being counted.
Rule Two: Player Privileges.
Some players in this game are hydras – accounts held by two or more people who may discuss the game together. These people may talk to each other at any time. Members of the Mafia may talk to each other at night, and if a mafia member is a hydra, their members may individually talk other mafia members. All discussion must occur over a private medium that no one not playing can access. No one else may talk to anyone else.
Rule Three: Special Game Rules.
If you go 72 hours without posting, or if you make 100 in-game posts, you will die. Every 250 non-moderator posts, the mafia will be allowed to kill someone.
Rule Four: Don't Be a Dick.
Play to the spirit of the game: don't quote your role PM, don't try to use role PM wording to determine alignment, and don't use cryptography or other such things to keep statements hidden. Have fun, don't be mean, leave personal baggage out of the game, don't be disparaging, and don't flame others. If for some reason you can edit posts, don't. Don't post invisible text in any form, or try to conceal anything you write. Don't quote PMs from me or (if you're scum) your scum partner. Don't post when dead; don't try to pick fights with the moderator; don't hold grudges after the game. Have fun, and good luck.

These were those assembled:

Player List, stolen from MeMe and slightly altered
  1. ShadowGirl - MODKILLED DAY TWO FOR NOT ENOUGH ACTIVITY
  2. Icemuffin (icemanE & muffinhead)
  3. kabenon007 - MODKILLED DAY TWO FOR NOT ENOUGH ACTIVITY
  4. strife220
  5. Now a JDodge (Armlx, ShadowLurker, Pie_is_good, IH, Brutal Assassin, dahill1, klebian, Trojan Horse, & Xdaamno) (Eteocles read the PM but failed for several days to reply - I've taken the liberty of assuming he's out, since we've had enough delays already >: /)
  6. killa seven - LYNCHED DAY ONE
  7. Green Cow (aka Gorrad & hasdgfas) - LYNCHED DAY THREE
  8. maxwellhouse
  9. StrangerCoug - LYNCHED DAY TWO
  10. Tarmogoyf (SensFan & Natirasha) - MODKILLED DAY TWO FOR NOT ENOUGH ACTIVITY
  11. Lawrencelot & Muerrto (no separate account)
  12. ting =)

Roles will be randomized and sent out in a moment.

zu_faul will replace me should I disappear.
Last edited by xyzzy on Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:29 am, edited 7 times in total.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by xyzzy »

ALL ROLES ARE OUT.

DAY ONE IS GO.

IMPORTANT THINGS I FORGOT TO POINT OUT:

EACH DAY HAS A 120 HOUR DEADLINE.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

A couple of points of order - klebian asked to be removed from NAJ. I'm okay with people leaving a hydra if they wish, but no additions can be made. Also, I'd like to point out, since it's not 100% clear, that this game is mountainous with 2 scum and 10 townies. If they wish, hydra players may post with their main account, but they will still be treated as one entity.

Votecount 1-1icemuffin: ting =)
ting =): killa seven
Now a JDodge: icemuffin, Lawrencelot-Muerrto
Green Cow: StrangerCoug
killa seven: strife220

Not voting: ShadowGirl, kabenon007, Now a JDodge, Green Cow, maxwellhouse, Tarmogoyf
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #25 (isolation #3) » Sun Jun 29, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by xyzzy »

A reminder: as per the underlined section of rule one, days end at 120 hours, even if 7 (or even 12, lol) votes have already been cast for someone, and even at majority you can continue to modify your votes and potentially change the lynchee; hence, there is no lynch-1 in this game - just who will be lynched at deadline.

Also, remember that this game is nightless, and that scum get a kill every 250 non-mod posts.

Now for your daily votecount!

Votecount 1-2ting =): killa seven
Now a JDodge: icemuffin, Tarmogoyf, ting =), StrangerCoug
killa seven: strife220, Green Cow
StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge
maxwellhouse: Lawrencelot-Muerrto
icemuffin: maxwellhouse

Not voting: ShadowGirl, kabenon007, maxwellhouse
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #37 (isolation #4) » Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Votecount 1-3Now a JDodge: icemuffin, ting =)
killa seven: strife220, Green Cow, Targomoyf
maxwellhouse: Lawrencelot-Muerrto, Now a JDodge, StrangerCoug, killa seven
icemuffin: maxwellhouse

Not voting: ShadowGirl, kabenon007
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #47 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:55 pm

Post by xyzzy »

You may paraphrase PMs sent between hydra heads. No direct quoting.

Votecount 1-4Now a JDodge: Lawrencelot-Muerrto
killa seven: strife220, Green Cow, Targomoyf, ting =), icemuffin, maxwellhouse
maxwellhouse: Now a JDodge, StrangerCoug, killa seven

xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #56 (isolation #6) » Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:42 pm

Post by xyzzy »

Votecount 1-5killa seven: strife220, Green Cow, Targomoyf, ting =), icemuffin, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto

Deadline approaching quickly.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #58 (isolation #7) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:13 am

Post by xyzzy »

Votecount 1-6killa seven: strife220, Green Cow, Targomoyf, ting =), icemuffin, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto

killa seven is lynched. He was Mr. Flay, a townie.

"Everyone," killa seven shouted, "I'm most definitely not scum! You see, I'm Mr. Flay - an all around fantasti-"

He didn't finish that sentence, for suddenly a bullet entered his head, seemingly from nowhere. What a shame.

IT IS NOW DAY TWO.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #62 (isolation #8) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:11 am

Post by xyzzy »

Just got done making a timestamp check and I discovered that ShadowGirl went more than 72 hours between her first and second psots. Her second and third posts will not be held against the scummokillometer (yes, we keep one of those fun devicces handy!).

ShadowGirl has been modkilled for not enough activity. She was Adel, a townie.

"Sorry I haven't been talking mu-" said ShadowGirl, as a deadly venom suddenly shot into her face from seemingly nowhere.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #65 (isolation #9) » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:53 am

Post by xyzzy »

Aaaaaand, around 20 minutes ago, Targomoyf went over 72 hours.

Targomoyf has been modkilled for not enough activity. He was Yosarian2, a townie.

"You know," Targomoyf began to say, "sometimes I agree with myself so much, it hurts!"

It did hurt, in fact.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #79 (isolation #10) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:57 am

Post by xyzzy »

Sorry for my absence the last couple of days.

Please recall that this game is no-replace; only modkills, to hurt lurking as a strategy. No posts made by non-players will be counted.

Now, let's make a fun ol' activity check, eh?

As I expected, kabenon007 is unfortunately dead, but the rest of you are quite alive. He was
Oman, a townie.

"Seriously, I come from a backwater nation where we don't have technology! My mother was probably a sheep! I'm completely innoce-" shouted Oman, swiftly cut off by the asp who suddenly dropped down and bit him.

Votecount 2-1Now a JDodge: icemuffin
Green Cow: ting =)
icemuffin: maxwellhouse, Green Cow
StrangerCoug: strife220, Now a JDodge, Lawrencelot-Muerrto
strife220: StrangerCoug

Not voting:

edit: fixed VC
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #111 (isolation #11) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:48 am

Post by xyzzy »

Hi everyone, sorry my V/LA has been messing with this game. I'm going to ignore the last 48 hours for activity level purposes, since it's my fault we didn't go to day then - if someone went 72 hours without posting, and only 24 of those were during what's supposed to be day, then they won't die. I'll make that actual check later on - presently I only have time to actually confirm that StrangerCoug is dead, but it appears everyone is good. Happy Green Shirt Thursday!

Votecount 2-2icemuffin: strife220
StrangerCoug: Now a JDodge, maxwellhouse, Lawrencelot-Muerrto, icemuffin
strife220: Green Cow, ting =)
ting =): StrangerCoug

Not voting:

You all decide to lynch StrangerCoug for some reason (No, I don't have time to read this game while V/LA, thankyouverymuch); "No!" he shouts, "I'm JEEP! The whole site will break down if I die! Then you'll be-"

No one heard was he said because he suddenly had a stroke and a heart attack at the same time, while meanwhile artery trouble caused blood to stop going to his brain, while meanwhile a spider that somehow got into his skull chews away several necessary pieces of his brain, and Lilith eats his soul. And he was
JEEP, one of Ether's minions!

It is now
DAY THREE.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #133 (isolation #12) » Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:34 am

Post by xyzzy »

Votecount 3-1icemuffin: Lawrencelot-Muerrto
Green Cow: strife220, icemuffin, ting =), maxwellhouse, Now a JDodge
Lawrencelot-Muerrto: Green Cow
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #146 (isolation #13) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:28 am

Post by xyzzy »

Coincedentally, icemuffin is modkilled since he was a few hours over 72, but it doesn't really matter now. Because the town just won. Yeah, I just spoilered you. Haha.

"Everyone," shouted strife220, "I'm a pirate. From Texas!"

"Pirates in Texas?!?" everyone else shouted. "What on earth could that mean?"

"Well," replied strife220, "I used to be a one-shot vig, many moons ago, but years before this game even began I used my last shot. But I just wanted you all to know that."

"Well," shouted everyone, "
WHAT THE HELL IS A PIRATE DOING IN TEXAS?!?
"

"Um..." replied strife220, "I don't really know the details... I just thought I'd tell you that. Anyway, can we get to watching Green Cow die?"

"Sure," replied everyone but Green Cow. Because Green Cow was dead. Because all his skin had disappeared. And now his bones were disappearing. And now his lungs, and his pancreas, and his liver, and his colon, his heart, and finally his brain. And then there was just a blood stain where he had previously been. A
scum
my bloodstain. Yes, that's right. You killed the last scum. You're the first town to ever win a 10:2, albeit a rather unusual one. I know I'll be making cake.

Role PMsEverything but the rules will be posted here.

CICERO - ting =)

You are cicero, and you are wearing pants. Supposedly. You're some kind of lawyer – the awesome kind, I will assume. You've only played one game with Xyzzy, and while you were a little annoyed with how much he demanded mass claim, you enjoyed it, so you're okay helping him.

SHAFT.ED - Icemuffin (icemanE & muffinhead)

Hi! You are shaft.ed.
You want to help Xyzzy now.
Nibbler is a pimp.
(abridg.ed for people on the go: you're a townie!)

You received the following note:

KELLY CHEN - maxwellhouse

You are Kelly Chen, Asian by night, person of vague origin all the rest of the time. You enjoy making open setups, and so does Xyzzy. He produces some interesting ones which generally has a very different style from yours, and he seems smart from those. You've decided as long as you're here you're going to help him.

You were given some paper with this on it:

OMAN - kabenon007

You are Oman! ...The user, not the country, fool! You're from the great land of Australia, and when you saw that the new “horseless carriage” technology was taking you to Xyzzy's house, you got really pumped. You think Xyzzy is a pretty cool person, altogether, and you're kind of a pacifist. You're working to ensure Xyzzy survives.

While riding the exciting horseless carriage, you received this note:

YELLOWBOUNDER - Now a JDodge (Armlx, ShadowLurker, Pie_is_good, IH, Brutal Assassin, dahill1, klebian, Trojan Horse, & Xdaamno) (Eteocles read the PM but failed for several days to reply - I\'ve taken the liberty of assuming he\'s out, since we\'ve had enough delays already >: /)

/cows. You're a supporter of Xyzzy, because he ran a sequel to /cows mafia, though it didn't go to completion. But it's the thought that counts, and Xyzzy certainly thought! Well, you're feeling pretty succinct, so that's all I have to say about that.

Oh, you got this note on the way west:

YOSARIAN2 - Tarmogoyf (SensFan & Natirasha)

It has been said that you are a very agreeable person, and that your opinions are often right. Yes, you, along with Seol, are pretty much never wrong when you open your mouth to discuss mafia theory. Xyzzy seems to be good at understanding your excellent theories, so you like him, and are now helping him.

You got this note while being driven up here:

PIRATE - strife220

Yarr! Ye be a pirate, from Texas. Ye don't be understandin' all this here things that be goin' on, but ye likes this here Xyzzy person. Ye come from the sea, and ye will die there, proud and full of honor. Xyzzy seems like he isn't much one for breaking honor, so ye'll help him. Yarr!

Ye received this note from someone who got it from Xyzzy:

MR. FLAY - killa seven

You are Mr. Flay, and you really don't like Xyzzy that much. Seriously, the guy made that alt named after you, and he gets replaced as IC. But... at the same time, it's his right to run his game however he pleases, and it's not the right of the players to do stupid things that break his rules, so in terms of why you were brought here, you think Xyzzy is okay, and you're willing to work on his side.

Someone gave you this note:

ADEL - ShadowGirl

You are Adel, resident person-feared-and-yet-adored-at-the-same-time-by-Oman. You're... well, you're Adel. You don't really like the two occasions when you've replaced Xyzzy, but you're perfectly okay with him running his game. You're pretty self-dependant, too, so you'll do well here.

You got this note on your way here:

BRANDI - Lawrencelot & Muerrto

You're Brandi. Do I really need to say any more? You like everyone, and those you don't like you give Moar Hugz to. You don't really care about whether Xyzzy runs his game or not, and he's a nice person, so you don't mind helping him out. Plus, there might be KFC around here...

You received the following message:

MOS – Green Cow

You are Mastermind of Sin, aka Creepo. And Xyzzy is just one of many people spreading this awful name! What's up with that? When you heard Ether was trying to eliminate Xyzzy, you decided to join her, maybe get a little revenge, no? So, anyway, you're scum with JEEP (StrangerCoug), and you win when the town is eliminated.

Fakeclaim:

You are Mastermind of Sin, the #1 most awesome person at Mafiascum, and totally not hitting on any of the various girls at Mafiascum! You're kind of indifferent about the whole FMG fiasco, and occasionally Xyzzy says something funny in GD. You hope you can get justice and let him run his game, and wouldn't mind picking up chicks meeting other scummers.

By the way, you received the following note:

JEEP - StrangerCoug

You are JEEP, in charge of many of the technical aspects of the site. You've remained in the shadows for a while, not really saying much, but you've been keeping very good notes, and you're quite anti-xyzzy. You contacted Ether after you realized what was going on, and now you, along with Mastermind of Sin (Green Cow), are trying to eliminate him and his supporters. You win when only 2 town players remain.

Fakeclaim:

You are JEEP, tech admin of Mafiascum. You don't pay a whole lot of attention to the goings-on of the forum – you occasionally update titles, delete spam accounts, and answer questions, but you're not really “in the loop”. You suggested Xyzzy's title shortly after he joined, and he seems decent, so when you found out you were representing him you were relatively okay with it, if not slightly annoyed that you might die.

You received the following note on your way here:

Xyzzy walks into the room. "You killed both of the scum!" he shouts. "This means I can finally run my mini theme because Ether's evil plan is foiled!"

Then Xyzzy walks into the room. "Hold on just a moment, you!" he shouts. "I'M THE REAL XYZZY! I'm the one who invited that pirate!"

The second Xyzzy pulls off the clever rubber mask that Ether was wearing. "And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky kids!" shouts Ether.

"Yarr, this ending not be too satisfying," says the pirate. "Can't you come up with a cooler way to end your game, Xyzzy?"

"Well, I already tried dropping rocks on everyone, and no one really liked that," replied Xyzzy. "But I can do that again!"

"NO!" shouts everyone, hoping not to die.

"How about this!" shouts Ether, pulling out her gun and pointing it at Xyzzy.

"ROCKS FALL ETHERONE DIES!" shouts Xyzzy. Ether dies.

By rocks.

On her head.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option

Post Post #156 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:01 am

Post by xyzzy »

The role flavor, as it always will be in an xyzzy-modded game, had nothing to do with the game itself.

Coincedentally, the pirate came from a game that was run several years ago, that was Texas-themed. The pirate was a one-shot vig in that game. Since that role largely broke the "assume that anything that makes sense for the theme is true" (along with, in large part, Space Monkeys), I decided to include it.

I was extremely surprised that StrangerCoug didn't use up his posts - if he'd gone over his limit, the scum would essentially get a free townie lynch, and the scum would've been much closer to a kill.

Maybe someday people will learn that my flavor has no impact on the game >: /

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”