lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:05 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:A no-reveal game is the perfect opportunity for scum to claim masonry and get away with it.
Yes, that got me so nervous, and also why I really didn't want to claim. And it's also why I really hate no-reveal games right now. Our main strength, the ability to 100 % confirm one of us upon the other's death, is completely nullified by this rule. Completely evil.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:20 pm

Post by lord_hur »

And I'm not making this up now, I detered SL to claim for this very reason back then, when I was being attacked by springlullaby and he looked like he was going to claim to protect me.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:29 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Oh yeah, I don't know if it can be exploited, but I'm on Guardian's lynch scene picture, on the far left. It only shows 7 of us, though, and Mosi/SL isn't on it.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:25 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

Argh. Sorry, rehearsals kept me away last night.

lord_hur speaks the truth. He is my mother, and we both know each other to be Egyptians, not Hebrews (well, you would, wouldn't you?!). I'm not convinced that claiming was a fantastic idea due to the likely impossibility of confirming it at any point, but he had no choice in the circumstances.

I'm not sure whether the two of us do function as 'lovers' (ie one commits suicide if the other dies), as the role pm is not clear on that.

I am impressed by people's rapid reaction to the claim, though. We will certainly be able to examine reactions to the hur wagon and the hur claim tomorrow to good avantage.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:18 am

Post by lord_hur »

Singing Librarian wrote:I'm not sure whether the two of us do function as 'lovers' (ie one commits suicide if the other dies), as the role pm is not clear on that.
I used the term because I thought it was what the PM, who didn't give a role name, described. Mason is more like it though, as we both know each other's side. And I'm 99% sure that the other won't die, since nothing at all indicates it.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:19 am

Post by strife220 »

HackerHuck wrote:I think you should explain why you think Singing Librarian would die if Lord_Hur was lynched.
From the wiki
wiki wrote:The classic Siblings roles are a Goon and a Cop that know each other, with the condition that if one dies, the other commits suicide the following night ...
The Siblings do not know each other's alignments (in this case they are often called Lovers).
Isn't that exactly what lovers are? When one dies, the other is overwhelmed with grief and kills themself?

I never thought that they could be anti-town lovers. Sorry everyone for blundering around here, I really for the life of me can't figure out what the most pro-town move is.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:22 am

Post by strife220 »

But I'd love to hear opinions from people other than SLibrarian, Hur, and Musher as to what the right move is; i.e. Musher or Hur, and why.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:43 am

Post by undo »

With 9 alive, it's
5 to lynch

I remind you all that this day will end today at 8 PM GMT. As explained in the rules, at deadline, the player with most votes will be lynched. If there is a tie, noone will be lynched.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Musher333 »

strife220 wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:I think you should explain why you think Singing Librarian would die if Lord_Hur was lynched.
From the wiki
wiki wrote:The classic Siblings roles are a Goon and a Cop that know each other, with the condition that if one dies, the other commits suicide the following night ...
The Siblings do not know each other's alignments (in this case they are often called Lovers).
Isn't that exactly what lovers are? When one dies, the other is overwhelmed with grief and kills themself?

I never thought that they could be anti-town lovers. Sorry everyone for blundering around here, I really for the life of me can't figure out what the most pro-town move is.
Im not sure i believe them, this is the most natural claim for a scum pair to make as one can 'clear' the other. Also as a bit of distancing they have one on my wagon, the other voting for HH, this isn't exactly concrete evidence or anything but it is the way i would play it if i was scum.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:43 am

Post by strife220 »

Good to see Hasdgfas is back to lurking after I voted for him partially because of it.
He's made FORTY posts in other threads since he last said anything in here... What kind of excuse is there for that!

I think I'm going to keep my vote on Musher. I just don't see a scum-pair both outting themselves like that. My reason for not wanting Musher lynched was because, if he's actually the doc, he would have been nightkilled by scum, making it essentially a prove-able role and giving us the day lynch to catch scum. The chance of him being town wasn't worth the risk of a lynch.
If they're both town, one of them will be lynched today and the other likely NK'd. If one of them is scum, I'd say it's more likely Musher, so I'll be keeping my vote on him.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:12 am

Post by hasdgfas »

strife220 wrote:Good to see Hasdgfas is back to lurking after I voted for him partially because of it.
:roll: I'm sorry I can't post enough for you, oh Mr. Prolific.

Anyways, with Musher's reaction to lord_hur, I still like a Musher lynch. He's pushing too hard on something that we really don't need to push at this point. Although I find hur slightly scummy, SL hasn't been, and SL vouches for hur at this point.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:25 am

Post by HackerHuck »

Musher appears to be scum grasping at straws now...
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:44 am

Post by undo »

Deadline reached - Day 2 is now over.

As the player with most votes (four),
Musher333 has been lynched
!

Lynch scene coming right away.
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by undo »

The day seemed endless. For hours and hours, the Egyptian representatives debated, shouted, discussed, yelled, until the sun was almost set. Having realised this, they decided to put an end on the second meeting. They decided that Musher333 should not live anymore.

This decision was not absolutely consensual. Everyone was suspicious of each other, for the most varied reasons. But Musher333 had been quite reserved during the whole day and his interventions were confusing and far from solid. This behaviour was enough to put him under high pressure.

Logic and argumentation didn’t work, so Musher333 had to turn to his last resort – claiming to be a physician. At that moment, the people were divided. Some took a step back, for killing a physician would be the most nonsensical course of action and could seriously compromise the town chances. The others laughed at Musher333 for his fickleness and insecurity while claiming, and for that reason, they stressed their position against him.

Things were not easy. The meeting could not last forever. Musher333 remained silent and calm, showing self-assurance – and confusing his peers even more.

But when the sunlight ceased to enter the meeting room, everyone knew it was time to end the meeting. The majority found Musher333 the person most likely to be helping the Hebrews. The Egyptians seized him, stripped him off, tied him up, dragged him to the bank of the river Nile and finally, under a choir of hooting, he was thrown to the waters. He never emerged again.

Anxiously, the people turn their attention to his clothing, hoping to find something helpful to identify Musher333. Indeed, they found a little leather sack. It had a golden bolt in the shape of a beetle. Probably stolen, many thought.

When the sack was opened, the Egyptians were speechless. Inside there was some medicinal herbs and a roll of parchment. It said “Kamuzu, May the gods guide you in the mission you have been entrusted.” It was signed “The Son of Horus”.

Musher333
, alias
Kamuzu
, was the royal
Physician

But the Egyptians didn’t have time to mourn over their loss. Of a sudden, thousands and thousands of frogs and toads inexplicably began to jump out of the river and to cover the entire land – and the people too. The unbearable croaking filled the air and the ears. No one could move without treading or stumbling over the piles of amphibians.

Yet another plague had been struck over the disgraced lands of Egypt.

Please send in your night choices until
June 24, 11 PM GMT
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:09 am

Post by undo »

The frogs returned to their quagmires while dark, ominous clouds invaded the sky. If the Egyptian people thought they had already suffered a big lot, they were quite mistaken, for the worst was yet to come.

Effectively, when the clouds completely covered the last vestiges of blue sky and the last rays of sunlight, the disaster happened. At first, it looked like common hail. But then, the horrified Egyptians realised that they were being fustigated by large fireballs. These inflamed rocks hailed for hours and hours over the lands of Egypt, destroying buildings and killing people, who fell while burning.

When the hail suddenly stopped, the gloomy clouds disappeared and the sun uncovered a most appalling scenario. The whole city was wasted. Those that once were magnificent monuments, or spacious homesteads, or even those humble shanties: almost all turned into smoking debris.

Only the Hebrew quarter managed to escape entirely to this fury, just as it had escaped the other plagues. Maybe their God is actually more powerful than ours?

‘We cannot surrender!’ someone screams. And this person is right. You must go back to your meetings and this time, mistakes are not allowed. Now more than ever, it is important to be wise, keep one’s head and believe that Egypt will prevail.

So the third meeting starts in the open air, but one absence is noted -
strife220
did not attend it. The participants found that he had been mortally hit by one of the fireballs, and that his body burned until it was nothing but ashes. It was impossible to find out what he did or who he was.

With 7 alive, it’s
4 to lynch
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

I'm going to look a little bit closer at springlullaby today, because I haven't really done that a whole lot this game. This is one of her posts from yesterday:
springlullaby wrote:I'm against Musher lynch and I already said why, even though he is getting on my nerves thoroughly.
Says she's against Musher lynch and then throws in the "he is getting on my nerves." Why, exactly, is that necessary?
springlullaby wrote: I prefer Hackerhuck lynch, his contribution is on the minimum side and I typically don't like his votes, he does more commenting on the game while agreeing with one wagon or another, then coming up with case of his own.
While a bit understandable, could you explain why agreeing as opposed to coming up with a case of his own is scummy?
springlullaby wrote: I understand the suspicion on hasdgfas, though I'm less suspicious of him because there is nothing he said that dramatically ring my 'dar, but the problem is that he contribute even less than Hacker. I think it's an okay lynch.
So there's nothing I said that rings your scumdar, yet I was still a good lynch? I don't understand that at all.
springlullaby wrote:If we let Musher go to night:

1. scum kill him - win because it confirms his alignment in case of no cardflip and because it's not a wasted lynch.
2.mafia doesn't kill him - win because he is still there tomorrow to lynch: if he is the true doc, he got one night more to protect people.
There are 2 problems with this, in my opinion:
1) Scum probably won't kill him if he's town due to the fact that he's been so suspicious.
2) There's no guarantee that a no kill means a successful Musher protection. I could go more in-depth into this if needed.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:51 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Claimed Masons both living through the night?

~raises eyebrows~
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Claimed Masons both living through the night?

~raises eyebrows~
Why am I not surprised by this comment ?

But anyway, this vote is pretty logical :

- NKing one of us would confirm the other. It is *much* better to get us lynched, right Mr Stoofer ?

- We have no active power, so outing another was the better choice ; strife220 could have been cop for all we know. I sure hope that scum didn't get the info either.

I am quite desperate (no, completely desperate) about town's chances, due to this hideous mislynch, who was completely obvious to me.

Musher333, your claim was one of the most believable I have ever seen, it's not your fault that you were lynched, in my opinion.

Sadly, there's so much one can do, especially when he's the other one tagged as suspect.

In other news, I think we're in LyLo.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:50 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Also, I can't believe we both pmed each other about our chances to get NKed, our last words if it were the case, etc. It was obvious we wouldn't be the target...
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:07 am

Post by lord_hur »

Hey btw SL, I was right and you were wrong about Musher333, and I was right and you were wrong about TVOD/strife220 (well granted, you only expressed suspicion, but he was the only one you mentioned as suspicious).

So, how do you feel about considering the opinion I pmed you about ?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:39 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

~raises eyebrows~
My post wasn't so much saying "you must be lying" as "something odd is going on". I find it unlikely that you and SL are lying about being Masons, especially after we have had
some
role reveals. [Also it is silly to suggest that if I were scum I would think it easier to lynch you than nightkill you, but anyway...]

Anyway: we need more people to post today!!! Where are HackerHuck, springlullaby, SingingLibrarian, SeraphicMirth?
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

We don't know whether we're in lynch or lose, surely, as we don't know for certain whether any of the deceased are scum. It may be best to assume we are, but we may not be.

Despite re-reading, am failing to find a strong enough case to be sure on. Not least because I was very sure on musher333, and had found many instances of what i believed to be scummy behaviour there.

However, not particularly impressed by the springlullaby quotes hasdfgas has pulled together, with one exception. The comment about musher not pinging the scumdar but still being an ok lynch needs explanation.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:06 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

We don't know whether we're in lynch or lose, surely, as we don't know for certain whether any of the deceased are scum. It may be best to assume we are, but we may not be.
I am proceeding on the basis that we are not in LyLo because I remain convinced that Guardian was Scum. If we are in LyLo, then there is a great deal to be said for a massclaim now.
However, not particularly impressed by the springlullaby quotes hasdfgas has pulled together, with one exception. The comment about musher not pinging the scumdar but still being an ok lynch needs explanation.
Agree. It's nice to see hasdgfas make a substantial post but I wasn't convinced by his case.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:29 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:

~raises eyebrows~
My post wasn't so much saying "you must be lying" as "something odd is going on".
Then, could you explain what you mean by "something odd is going on" ?

Also, I'd like an explanation (the more detailed, the better) on what led you to ask me that "what's their name ?" question before the deadline.

I have things to say about hasdgfas' attack, but I'd prefer springlullaby to answer first.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:08 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

The "something odd" refers to the fact that masons are usually the first target for the scum because they are confirmed innocents. If the Doc hadn't died, the Scum might not target a mason in case he had doc protection; but the doc died before night started. On the other hand, strife220 was pretty much confirmed innocent if Guardian was Scum, so maybe it's not such a big point.

As to your other question, see post 851. You said that that there was someone who could persuade you to claim (but didn't explain). I was going to ask "is the other person me?" (as a joke, because I knew it obviously wasn't me) but instead I asked "what letter does their name begin with" as a joke.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”