Best Mods?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:53 pm

Post by mathcam »

Well, there's certainly a collection that are definitely considered (at least by me) to be top-echelon mods: Dragon Phoenix and MeMe come to mind immediately, Phoebus and a non-flaky Cuban Smoker shortly thereafter, and there are many more extremely solid mods who fall just under these four on my list.

Let me also add to your list of qualities:

4) Thinks through all the possible consequences of the interplay of the roles they create, and decides on courses of action before the game starts.
5) Is capable of doing routine vote counts with too much trouble.

Although not really a "quality" of a great mod, the one thing I would suggest looking for above all else is experience. The more games you've modded, the more you know exactly what things can go wrong, and how to be better prepared for them.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:34 am

Post by mathcam »

a) I too enjoy Macros' games, but he, like myself, has the potential to make a lot of errors in the course of the game (perhaps less so, but I think Werebear might fall under this category as well...all 3 of us certainly fail quality number 5). This is self-admitted on his part, so I'm not partaking in Macros-bashing or anything of the sort. But I wouldn't have put him in the list of best mods because of these, even though I've always enjoyed his games.

b) LOL at shelper.

c)
Phoebus wrote:I was thinking of starting a topic on this actually. With certain complex themes, one forgets (atleast I have) at times to look at every last detail.
What matters to the players?
The fact that it was a fun game in the end? Or that the mod was actively changing/had changed the setup to fix certain issues - balance mostly.
Well I certainly do it too, and I'm not saying it's that bad of a thing. However, I still maintain that working out every last detail
is
a quality of a great mod, even if the converse isn't necessarily true.

d)
CB wrote:We're on reply 11 and no one has yet thrown props at Cadmium and Leonidas for London Mafia? For shame, people. For shame!
Wow, honestly, I had forgotten about this. Wasn't there supposed to be a sequel coming?

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:44 am

Post by mathcam »

Hmm...

bigandbenwd....

bigol'benwd...

biggerbenwd...

Nope, can't think of a name that fits the criterion. Hmm. :)

Cam

Return to “Mafia Discussion”