lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:00 am

Post by lord_hur »

strife220 wrote:If you're town, you should definitely do a full claim Hur. Roles may not be revealed upon death, so you should spill Name, Job Title, and Job. Not sure if there's a point to claim food or not.
It is not you who can persuade me to claim. I can give town my name, I don't see how it can hurt. Habibah. But not my role.
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

lord_hur wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:What letter does their name begin with?
their name ? I don't get it.
It was a joke.

I have to go now and I won't be back by deadline. Have a good weekend everyone.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:03 am

Post by lord_hur »

Clarification about why : I am quite sure it will be not revealed, and (at least from my reasoning) it would give an incredible advantage to scum if I did claim.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:05 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
It was a joke.

I think I know where you were going, but your assumption was wrong. Oh, whatever.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:08 am

Post by lord_hur »

lord_hur wrote:
Mr Stoofer wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
It was a joke.

I think I know where you were going, but your assumption was wrong. Oh, whatever.
There is no common name.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:46 am

Post by lord_hur »

Oh well, they got what they wanted, as on reread I essentially claimed.

I am Habibah, mother of Mosi. My husband died when he was young, and now he works hard to look after me. He is the most precious son, and I could not love him more. Now that Hebrews threatening the Egyptians, we have sworn to protect each other until death. I know my son is innocent, and my son knows I'm innocent.

My lover is SingingLibrarian, as shows this post :
lord_hur wrote:
thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:I am seriously wondering what guardian would have to gain if scum by claiming miller. Admitedly Guardian has playede a wierd game and I would dread the day I was given a miller role to play. But In a set up when there is not certainty we have a cop I can't understand drawing so much attention to yourself and trying to insinuate cop. Esentialy Guardians play style led to suspicion and this claim which is always going to be difficult and unhelpful to town.
Ima still on the
very likely jester
side of things and urge no one to hammer.
actualy putting that miller thing in code is dubious to the max as it shows serious forward planning about having to claim in the near future. What better cliam to get lynched than miller, even a scum claim is less likely to get you lynched than miller.
I think guardian played towards a planned claim that I am finding hard to believe but I think of it as less likely to come from scum than from a
Jester
Since Guardian's stupid (in my opinion) case against hasdgfas, the possibility that he is a jester has also been on my mind. Logically, there were only 2 explanations to that case :

1. It could be that Guardian is a very bad cop with a guilty result. Since I've read a few of Guardian's games though, I know that he usually plays quite well, so it was not very probable. Moreover, even that the worst cop would do this is quite mindblowing. Yet it was (still is...) a possibility, light as it was/is.
2. Largely more alluring to me is the possibility that he is a jester. Obviously, as Mr Stoofer pointed out, the main advantage of this theory is that it could explain his surprisingly bad playing (including his uncalled-for claim), but I kept the whole thing to myself as it was very early speculation and this is my first game with unconventional roles.

VOD just worded the same theory now though, so I thought I'd say that for maybe the first time in the game, I agree with him.

Excellent progression in your understandabilty lately, by the way :)
First letter of each post = SL IS MY LOVE (it was before springlullaby entered the game).

Scum, great play.

I usually have exceedingly low self esteem, but I think I have played reasonably well in this game, and that the cases were indeed stupid. So, shame on you town.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:54 am

Post by lord_hur »

Also, shame on Mr Stoofer, what did you expect from a french player under extreme pressure, answering within a few seconds ? That I was going to understand immediately your obscure reference ? I'm sure at least half of the players, under these circumstances, wouldn't have gotten it either.

The answer was H. And I officially hate you.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:55 am

Post by strife220 »

wiki wrote:#
# The Siblings do not know each other's alignments (in this case they are often called Lovers).
Never actually played a game with lovers before. Do you know SL's alignment?
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:57 am

Post by strife220 »

I'm in the dark on this 'answer was H' thing here. Obscure reference?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:57 am

Post by lord_hur »

strife220 wrote:
# The Siblings do not know each other's alignments (in this case they are often called Lovers).
lord_hur wrote:I know my son is innocent, and my son knows I'm innocent.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:59 am

Post by lord_hur »

"their name" was referencing, I believe, to scum's name, which is Hebrews in the PM, while everyone was using "Jews".
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:02 am

Post by lord_hur »

I was first thinking he was talking about a common name of us, as lovers, thus my "there is no common name".
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:05 am

Post by lord_hur »

And when I said "I don't get it", it's because I was struggling (under pressure) with the use of "their" with a singular. I know It will sound stupid to you, but that's what was in my head. We don't have that in french.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:16 am

Post by lord_hur »

Hmm after a quick recount, it seems I'm not lynched yet. If anyone believes in my claim enough to examine it, could they unvote ? Just so scum doesn't hammer me.

I wouldn't so mind it seriously, after this horrible day, but he or she would probably get away with it, amidst the other weak reasons put against me ><.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:35 am

Post by lord_hur »

strife220 wrote:
My PM doesn't mention the term "lover". There is no role name, just bolded "you know your son is innocent, and your son knows you are innocent".
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:10 am

Post by strife220 »

Scum couldn't get away with hammering in a situation like this, so you should be safe there.

Hoping SLibrarian checks in to have her say soon.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:23 am

Post by lord_hur »

strife220 wrote:Scum couldn't get away with hammering in a situation like this, so you should be safe there.

I hope you're right. Nothing can surprise me anymore in this game. And SL's a "he", you're probably mixing things up with SM and the other SL, springlullaby.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:39 am

Post by strife220 »

Hur could you give slightly more detail on your claim? If you don't have a job title or anything then your flavor must differ a bit from the townie PM. What parts of your PM are different, and what do they say?
undo wrote:
Townie Role PM wrote: Welcome to Plagues of Egypt Mafia, [player].

[illustration of role]

You are [name], a [job]. You are a simple
townie
, with no special abilities.

You have heard that there are some Hebrews on the loose threatening to attack the Egyptian people, and you have been chosen to be the representative of [job]s in the daily meetings the Pharaoh has organised to fight the menace.

During daytime, you will attend the Pharaoh's meetings to participate in the discussion and cast a vote on who, in your opinion, is against the Egyptians and should not be alive.

Also, you usually eat [type of food] at lunch.

You will win this game when all menaces to the integrity of Egypt have been wiped out.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by strife220 »

Looking for mod-confirmation that deadline will be 11:59pm, June 21
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

That's enough to swing me around. After reviewing the Singing Librarian's posts, I find enough defence of lord_hur that I would characterise as too risky for scum to do. If it weren't for that and the flavor of the claim, I would still be quite suspicious. A no-reveal game is the perfect opportunity for scum to claim masonry and get away with it. Unless we see a contradictory statement from the singing librarian, I would strongly oppose a lynch of lord_hur now.

That also lessens my suspicion of SpringLullaby, so I'm firmly in the Musher camp now.

Strife - my question was more related to what I bolded in the quote:
strife220 wrote:
lord_hur wrote:
strife220 wrote:I'd take a Hur lynch over a HackerHuck lynch no problem.
Surprising. May I know why ?
As I've already said, I don't want a Musher-lynch or a no-lynch. When I did my full readthrough on replacing,
HackerHuck did not ping my scum-dar. Upon re-reading him, I still didn't see anything that made me think he was likely scum.

When I did my full readthrough on replacing, you did come up nearer the top of my 'potential scum' list. And relative to HackerHuck and Musher, I think you're a good choice. When I have some more time, if SL doesn't hammer Musher, I'll present a full case.
How is it I'm now scummy enough to vote for in your eyes?

I think at this point Lord_Hur should not claim any more from his role PM unless he feels that it would benefit the town.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by strife220 »

HackerHuck wrote: A no-reveal game is the perfect opportunity for scum to claim masonry and get away with it. Unless we see a contradictory statement from the singing librarian, I would strongly oppose a lynch of lord_hur now.
I don't understand what you mean here. I'm also unsure why it lessens your suspicion of SpringLullaby?

HackerHuck wrote:How is it I'm now scummy enough to vote for in your eyes?
I was voting you because I strongly opposed a Musher lynch, and you were the only person with any sort of wagon on you. I felt Hur would have been a better lynch, hence why I switched to him when I saw the opportunity to lynch someone other than you or Musher. However in light of the claim I'm starting to regret my stance. It seems highly unlikely that Hur and SLibrarian would both be scum pulling a huge gambit here. I guess it doesn't matter if Librarian checks in or not, they're either lovers or gambling scum-buddies, and I don't see the latter as likely.

Just about any other claim and I would have kept my vote. However, I see no reason why not to believe it. Which unfortunately means, I have to
Unvote, Vote: Musher
, as Hur and SLibrarian have become my least favorite lynch candidates due to the claim.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by strife220 »

strife220 wrote:Scum couldn't get away with hammering in a situation like this, so you should be safe there.

Another question for you Hur. Why would revealing your role harm town in anyway? If you thought you were going to be lynched, SLibrarian was going to die as well. How would that help scum?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

strife220 wrote:
HackerHuck wrote: A no-reveal game is the perfect opportunity for scum to claim masonry and get away with it. Unless we see a contradictory statement from the singing librarian, I would strongly oppose a lynch of lord_hur now.
I don't understand what you mean here. I'm also unsure why it lessens your suspicion of SpringLullaby?
These are two separate thoughts. Basically in a no-reveal game, we won't know whether the lovers or masons are scum, so we can't really confirm the other one when the other turns up dead. On the other topic, I was suspicious of SpringLullaby primarily due to her interactions with Lord_Hur. Since I believe him to be town, that lessens my suspicions on Springlullaby.

strife220 wrote:
HackerHuck wrote:How is it I'm now scummy enough to vote for in your eyes?
I was voting you because I strongly opposed a Musher lynch, and you were the only person with any sort of wagon on you. I felt Hur would have been a better lynch, hence why I switched to him when I saw the opportunity to lynch someone other than you or Musher. However in light of the claim I'm starting to regret my stance. It seems highly unlikely that Hur and SLibrarian would both be scum pulling a huge gambit here. I guess it doesn't matter if Librarian checks in or not, they're either lovers or gambling scum-buddies, and I don't see the latter as likely.

Just about any other claim and I would have kept my vote. However, I see no reason why not to believe it. Which unfortunately means, I have to
Unvote, Vote: Musher
, as Hur and SLibrarian have become my least favorite lynch candidates due to the claim.
:?:
strife220 wrote:Another question for you Hur. Why would revealing your role harm town in anyway? If you thought you were going to be lynched, SLibrarian was going to die as well. How would that help scum?
I think you should explain why you think Singing Librarian would die if Lord_Hur was lynched.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:I think at this point Lord_Hur should not claim any more from his role PM unless he feels that it would benefit the town.
I don't feel like endangering town even more. This lover claim is probably already more info than they ever dreamed of. Two for the price of one ! Now they just need a cop claim and they're set. Great, town, just great.

The worst thing is, I tried to review the attacks made against me, and they are all so unconvincing, I cannot single one out.

Except maybe Musher333's, which is the worst, hands down.

Mr Stoofer's 4 reasons were really really bad, and in this order : a lie, an insult, wishful thinking, and a mere opinion tainted with OMGUS.

strife220 lied when saying he was going to present a case, but at least he didn't make a seemingly artifical one like the others. His second argument was also the only one I can qualify as reasonably good in the whole set that's been thrown at me recently (springlullaby, for all her insults, got one or two good ones back then). It was indeed a bad bad mistake from me. Incidentally, I taught some newbs how to avoid it like a week before. A newb teaching even more newbs, haha.

I didn't like SM's at all, both on form and content, but it is probably the least scummy to me, taking into account her being a girl. She took most of her arguments from springlullaby and supported her "great attack", taking what I said against her as scummy. I work with women and can tell they are sometimes completely irrational when it comes to defending one of them against "the evil males". So, not too suspicious of her.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by lord_hur »

HackerHuck wrote:
strife220 wrote:Another question for you Hur. Why would revealing your role harm town in anyway? If you thought you were going to be lynched, SLibrarian was going to die as well. How would that help scum?
I think you should explain why you think Singing Librarian would die if Lord_Hur was lynched.
I don't get it either.

I think the answer is obvious, but I will answer it after you do explain your reasoning as HH asked.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”