GTKAS - DGB

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

[quote="Andycyca"]What is your favorite word? "Bizoune" but you have to be French.

What is your least favorite word? Curses.

What turns you on? Intelligence.

What turns you off? Stupidity.

What sound do you love? A sigh.

What sound do you hate? Trains.

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt? I think I've attempted all professions I've ever wanted to.

What profession would you not like to participate in? Hockey player, I'm against boxing.

What's your favorite curse word? Holy guacamole, good grief!

If heaven exists what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? "Quagmire is burning in hell"
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #12 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:55 pm

Oman wrote:What is your favourite game theory element?

What is your favourite stage of play in a mafia game?
OK, that might explain my controversial play. But here it is. I don't believe in any sort of game theory at all. Besides gut, and getting to know the people, and the ability to recognize bus'ing and scummy reluctance to claim, there is no game theory. Mafia is pretty much a crapshoot, but still it's a lot of fun.

My favorite stage is the morning of Day 1 in a night-starting game. Oh, the thrill of discovering that I've been yet again murdered during Night 0!!! Most of you kids haven't experienced this like I have, over and over again!
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #13 (isolation #2) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:04 pm

hasdgfas wrote:what's your best game as town so far?

what's your worst game as town so far?

what's your best game as scum so far?

what's your worst game as scum so far?

If you were going to die, but had one more mafia game you could play and you could choose any theme you wanted, what would it be and why?

Have any crazy games you'll be modding soon?
My best game as town was Illustrated Mafia. We hit scum day 1, I vigged scum Night 2, we uncovered the SK day 2, I vigged a claimed miller night 2 and I think we wrapped it up on Day 3...

Worst game as town was all the other games I played!!! OMG... choices, choices! How can I decide???

Best game as scum has to be post restriction mafia mini where I faked a post restriction where I only used emoticons. Post Restriction Mafia - Since I think that's my best mafia performance, I hope it illustrates with clarity that I play more for the fun than for the win. 'Cuz we lost.

My worst game as scum was [url=http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3621]Covert Ops[/b] where I had a weird role and decided it was best to claim scum! Er... I think ever the mod was banging his head against the keyboard. Poor Seol!

I'm thinking of modding the following:

FOOD FIGHT MAFIA - Maximum security jail edition
- why, are you volunteering to co-mod?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:08 pm

shaft.ed wrote:When did you become crazy?
Hey, have some respect for your elders.

I'm not really crazy, I'm just a dry drunk.

Who I am in real life bears no similarity to what you see on this site, unlike, for instance, Adel. She's exactly the same.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:13 pm

farside22 wrote:Why are you scummy in every game I play with you?
Why has your activity decreased in the past couple of month?
What number am I thinking of?
WRONG!!!!

YOU are scum in every game we're together, and you bloody know I'm town. You're just going for the easy lynch, you lazy bum.

My activity decreased because I have a large garden to take care of and more art projects I'd like to accomplish before I kick the bucket. I'm sure I'll be back in full force in fall/winter, so you should all consider starting a lot of games and signing up like crazy before the leaves turn color.

The number you are thinking of is:

-347.57482959827509482353^2

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:14 pm

shaft.ed wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Who I am in real life bears no similarity to what you see on this site, unlike, for instance, Adel. She's exactly the same.
How on earth do you know that?
It's impossible to invent a persona like Adel's. She's the genuine adorable kook. I'm just a charade and a self-parody.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #18 (isolation #6) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:17 pm

Mr. Flay wrote:Favorite art project/commission ever completed?
I am never satisfied. My favorite is the project I'm planning to do next.

Right now I am making prototypes of handblown flat glass for leaded glass windows:

The second one cracked in the annealer, but we'll try again in a few weeks.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #19 (isolation #7) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:18 pm

gorckat wrote:Favorite organ?
Ahem! The kind I have to borrow.

My second favorite
organ
is the spleen. Mysterious, dispensible, not essential for life, misunderstood...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #20 (isolation #8) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:22 pm

shaft.ed wrote:Favorite Fakeclaim?
Favorite Gambit?
My favorite gambit? Have I ever gambit? Hmmm, no sir, I don't think so!

My favorite fakeclaim was the Loser claim in Bastard Mod. I was the serial killer, but I'm still burnt that no one believed me.

Would you have believed me shafted? Say yes.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #21 (isolation #9) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:28 pm

Porochaz wrote:Favourite Nibbler?
I'm very fond of the elegant simplicity of PJ's

But then Nibbler jailing Quagmire's avatar was genius:

And still CKD's was a work of art:

Of course, Nibbler beats Team Asshat:

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #22 (isolation #10) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Adel wrote:Take a look at this cartoon: http://silversteingallery.com/images/Ad ... merica.jpg be sure it is displayed full scale so that you can read the words.
What is the most concise and accurate summery of that cartoon you can generate?
GENIUS
Adel wrote:In what ways do you disagree with its thesis?
What are the bottles for? These were drunk painters? Weighed down by the liquor?
Adel wrote:Have you ever seen a painting by Mark Rothko in the flesh?
I have, in London. I would say that they are striking in their bigness.
Adel wrote:How you you rank the following artists in terms of artistic greatness?
Andrew Wyeth, Norman Rockwell, Andy Warhol, Willem de Kooning
I hate these exercises because it's obvious that they are ordered on a representational scale. I think what makes an artist better than another is not the style they espouse, but the message that they transmit, and the love, care and passion they transmit on the canvas. All four are outstanding in their own right. All four have a distinct and rich "message."
Have you ever attempted to read James Joyce's
Ulysses
? Did you finish it?
I was brave; when I was a teen, I spoke no English at all, and I attempted to read the translation. I nearly died of boredom. Yet I plowed forward. I started to read every word; then every second word; by the time I reached the end, I was flipping the pages like those novelty animated cartoon books. It's been a long time though. I've been too traumatized to try again. I hate pretentious literature.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #26 (isolation #11) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:34 pm

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:What is your favorite thing about yourself?
Life interests me. I've come to understand that this very simple quality is the one I cherish the most.

Serious answer!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #28 (isolation #12) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:43 pm

hasdgfas wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I'm thinking of modding the following:

FOOD FIGHT MAFIA - Maximum security jail edition
- why, are you volunteering to co-mod?
I wasn't but I will if I meet your qualifications.
Qualifications are an ability to process night choices without screwing up, unlike me, urgh!
hasdgfas wrote:What is your favorite non-mafia related website?
I'm fascinated by the economy so I like MarketWatch.com and I have just discovered theoildrum.com, very informative. Being a webmaster, I am partial to my own websites, haha.
hasdgfas wrote:Why did you ignore my question about your final mafia game?
I missed it! Alright, here's the answer. Any game co-modded with Pooky and Mr Stoofer. WOW pre /in
hasdgfas wrote:How do you dunk your cookies?
I'm lactose intolerant, no dunking for me.
hasdgfas wrote:Unicorns or dragons?
Unicorns are boring and insignificant. Unicorns are for girls with vague equinophallic fantasies. They don't do anything.

Dragons are more varied and have more personality. They fly, they breathe fire, they have patterned scales and attractive reptilian features.

Dragons can eat unicorns.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #29 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:46 pm

Adel wrote:1. What is your first language?
French. The language of sophisticated cheeses, full-bodied wines, perfect bread, and buttery croissants.
Adel wrote:the bottles represented the winners of pepsi-cola art contests. the label is explained by a little flag just to the right of the trunk.
Cool that is neat.

Have you heard of [POSSIBLEtinyurlSPAM].com ?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #36 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:49 am

Adel wrote:what are the names of your alts?
Korlash
Adele
Toaster Strudel
BattleMage
petroleumjelly
Penguins of the Serengeti
Thestatusquo
mith
Beep! Beep!
Flameaxe
Brandi
ZONEACE
Nibbler Twins (with Guardian)
Glork
Judge Judy

That's it! I think that's a very reasonable number. I have to make more. I hope I didn't forget any.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #37 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:06 am

[quote="SocioPath"]Favorite art by M.C. Escher? I have a book of this work... I think the crazy staircases.

Favorite personality disorder? Goofball Personality Disorder

Favorite caffienated drink? Decaf anything

Favorite comic? OPUS

Favorite comedian? Tina Fey

Favorite paradox? What's a paradox?

Favorite type of dream while unconcious? Dreams of love...

Favorite choice of activity while lucid dreaming? I'd like to be lucid for one minute to see what it feels like!

Favorite method of starting a fire? With my mind, in someone else's mind.

Favorite method of starting a cult? I like Claude Vorhillion's methods. Look up Raelians on the Wiki, have fun.

Favorite method of driving someone insane? Playing mafia. It allows me to inflict insanity on a whole group of people instead of one person at a time. Plus, it's impersonal, there's no room for pity or humanitarian considerations.

Favorite rhetorical question? I hate them all.

Favorite species of big cat? Cheetahs. Nice speed, nice spots, sleek body, solitary...

Favorite language other than English or a derivative of such? Scandinavian languages are funny! They're hilarious! Have you ever read the Ikea catalog? Or a map of Iceland??? It's a knee-slapper.

Favorite voice in your head? OMG it's a chorus in there. It would be the voice of reason if I could hear it over the din.

Favorite acronym? MADD

Favorite pseudonym? DrippingGoofball

Favorite war in history? Few books have been written about this war, but it's an important one. I occurred in the Northern part of the Niger delta. Two different factions of Itsekiris had a warrior caste, presumably to defend their own goats. But one faction became short on goats. So their high priest whipped them into a frenzy in the name of God, were told that the other faction was evil, they danced all night and sharpened their spears, and the next morning, the "defensive" warriors went on the attack, and tried to capture the other faction's goats. There were injuries, they were unsuccessful bringing back goats, but it did increase the bad blood between factions. TRUE STORY. And it is a metaphor for ALL WARS.

Favorite vice? Lust.

Favorite game in which you were NK'd N0? Pirates and Ninjas, boohooooooo!

Favorite way that you would prefer to die, other than old age or a derivative of such? Crushed by a 10-ton cement block. I swear. I fantasize about this.

Favorite typo? I dno't hvae ayn, raelly. Taht's a stipud questoin.

Favorite question asked thus far in this thread? "What are your alts?"

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #38 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:09 am

SocioPath wrote:Did you happen to miss my 23 proposed questions as well? YES< I MOST CERTAINLY DID.

If not, were they ignored because of dislike of the questions themselves or dislike of the poster? YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY ADORABLE, I WANT TO PINCH YOUR CHEEKS. I'M JUST A SLACKER, THAT'S ALL.

And if it was dislike of the questions, did you happen to dislike every single one of the 23 based on their own merits? NO I LOVED THEM ALL, SWEETIE, THEY'RE ALL ANSWERED NOW UNLESS I FORGOT ONE.

Or did you figure that not answering any would be a better safeguard than to just avoiding the ones you didn't wish to answer? ARGH!

If so, does that theorhetically mean if I ask an unwanted question here, at the end, that the chunk before it would go unanswered even if you were previously jotting down responces to the questions? I THINK THAT WAS MY FAVORITE TYPO, "theorhetically" - I LIKE IT!

When did you stop maiming kittens? 5 MINUTES AGO, BUT I INTEND TO RESUME WITH INCREASED ENTHUSIASM AFTER I'M DONE DRINKING THEIR BLOOD, WHY?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #39 (isolation #17) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:23 am

Favorite song?
"Debout sur ma tête" from Pierre Lapointe - you've never heard of it, but it means the world to me.

What is your favorite movie genre?
Is Quentin Tarantino a genre? I also like some dreamlike movies like those directed by Wong Kar Wai. I guess I like author cinema. Yep. That's it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=U66BEZIln8Q

What do you think of the word 'shenanigans'?
It has the perfect rhythm and sound to mean exactly what it says. It's a masterpiece.

How awesome is the Russian language?
Not very much at all. It sounds like wimpy German, the Cyrillic alphabet has always rubbed me the wrong way. It's a pity the Russians weren't conquered by the Estonians. These guys have a much cooler language.

Is Ben and Jerry's the best type of ice cream ever? If so, what's the best flavor? If not, what
is
the best?
Are you kidding me? Ben & Jerry is the best FOOD on the planet, I'm going to pass on heaven and haunt the Ben & Jerry's factory after I die from being crushed by a 10-ton cement block. Peanut Butter Cup, Tubby Hubby, Pistachio, yum...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #41 (isolation #18) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:37 am

Lawrencelot wrote:Sony or Nintendo?
Physics or Mathematics?
Obama or Clinton?
Coffee or Tea?
Canada or Australia?
HAhahhahahhahha

Sony, because they make stuff other than videogames, haha.
Physics or mathematics is like asking me if I want to die by drowning or by suffocation.
Obama all the way! Obama 2008. YAY! Go Obama go!
Coffee.
I'm already in Canada, Australia is the exactly the same but completely different - so I'll have to pick Australia.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #44 (isolation #19) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:06 am

Cybele wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
I'm already in Canada
, Australia is the exactly the same but completely different - so I'll have to pick Australia.
Hey, cool! Where in Canada? (I'm from Winnipeg...)
my previous questions wrote:Any free advice for a fledgling artist-to-be?
How many times are you asked that question before you begin to hate those that ask it?
Did you know that most people are actually lactose intolerant because the human body isn't designed to digest breast milk after the age of two, and that casein (a protein found in dairy) causes cancer?
I'm in Montreal.

I love to give advice to fledging artists. I'll answer as often as I'm asked.

(1) Believe in your talent.
(2) You need to have something to SAY. Learn, observe, live and love. Something to say will eventually come to you.
(3) Work very, very hard.
(4) Make a vow of poverty and cultivate a rich heart
(5) Don't get a "day job."
(6) Give your message to the world. Nothing matters but making sure that this message is important.

I don't think casein causes cancer.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #47 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:28 am

Adel wrote:Would you like to be a hyrda with me sometime?

If you are ever in San Diego, will you drop me a line?

Do you ever suspect that I may be one of your alts?
We would be the most awesome immortal hydra
EVER
. We'd be shooting neurotoxins from our nematocysts by the bucket full!!! And we'd stuff ourself with delicious cyclops until our cavity burst, and we'd split and regenerate into hundreds of chimeric, clonal hydra! We would get into a line and to the jiggy amoeboid dance, oo-wee!!!

I'll be in SanFran in about 10 days. San Diego is a lovely city, you are lucky to live there. Ever heard of the Banana Bungalow?

I wish you were my alt. I'd be so proud.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #48 (isolation #21) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:30 am

shaft.ed wrote:
shaft.ed wrote:
Unicorns are for girls with vague equinophallic fantasies.
That needs to be made into a) a T-shirt or b) a sextoy? (5 pts)
I believe it's already successfully marketed as b)

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #50 (isolation #22) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 am

I like the sparkles. Did you notice the sparkles?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #55 (isolation #23) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:31 am

shaft.ed wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I like the sparkles. Did you notice the sparkles?
Yes the sparkles were a very nice touch.

Favorite enzyme?
Ooooooo I've got lots and lots of favorite enzymes, though I reckon I am more of a motor protein and microtubule afficionado.

The 3D structure is most fascinating.

Here's a pretty one:
http://www.cryst.bbk.ac.uk/PPS2/project ... ribbon.gif

I also like the proteins involved in the anchoring of flagella, it's like molecular scale clockwork (not an enzyme, though):
http://fig.cox.miami.edu/~cmallery/150/ ... gellum.jpg

Proton pumps are cutie pies:
http://anx12.bio.uci.edu/~hudel/br/mechanism2.gif

Chaperonins totally rock my boat:
http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&hl= ... rch+Images

The whole DNA replicating system, whoa, what a feat of evolutionary engineering, but that's an enzyme complex, so that it doesn't qualify.

Same goes for the awesome ribosomes.

OMG that's the thoughest question I've ever had to answer.

I can tell you my least favorites: kinases. Yawn! They look like a dog's breakfast and as exciting as lint. Cyclins. Bo-ring. More lumpy enzymes that do nothing spectacular. Receptors... bah.

OK I got it!

NUCLEOPORINS! Sweet.

What's yours?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #56 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:32 am

nonny wrote:What is your name?

What is your quest?

What is your favorite color?

What is your place of origin?

What is your favortie date?
My name is Chantal Paré. My quest is to find my artistic voice. I come from Montreal, and my favorite date has to be the plump, dark Medjool.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #58 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:33 am

Mr. Flay wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:I like the sparkles. Did you notice the sparkles?
I just figured they were gallstones...
You crack me up... kidney stones maybe... gallstones? How did they get out there from the gallbladder?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #60 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:36 am

Thestatusquo wrote:When has your voting mafia finding system ever succeeded in finding scum?
OMG what is this I smell? Sarcasm?

It worked in Illustrated Mafia and Picking Simplicity. It sucked in Thespival. But hey. If you don't try you never find out!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #63 (isolation #27) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:39 am

TDC wrote:If you're such a fan of proteins: Fold them yourself at fold.it. Go science!
Swweeeet

But it kinda takes away from the labor of love that is making crystals for X-ray crystallography. It rarely works but it sure is fun.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #64 (isolation #28) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:40 am

pickemgenius wrote:Were you aware that I was YOU in Worst of Mafiascum Mafia.

<3???
I was not.

PEG, I don't think you could be any worse. It must have been really hard to go that extra millimeter of mediocrity to emulate me.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #65 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:42 am

Mr. Flay wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:You crack me up... kidney stones maybe... gallstones? How did they get out there from the gallbladder?
Don't tell me you've never dissected a unicorn... :roll: Sheesh, what are they teaching in art school these days?
We were supposed to dissect them? I cut off the horn and left the carcass for my dragon to eat.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #73 (isolation #30) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Thestatusquo wrote:Next game I'm in I will utilize a system of hopping around in my back yard tripped out on peyote and in a mystical trance a name will come to me.

Hey, you never know till you try.
You know, not not only does it sound like less effort than my method, I wouldn't be surprised if it was more successful!

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #74 (isolation #31) » Wed Jun 18, 2008 1:30 pm

BridgesAndBaloons wrote:What has been your favorite year in your life?
It's always been the current year, for as long as I can remember.

What has been your favorite moment?
Oddly, a life-altering tragedy of epic proportions.

What was the hardest you've laughed recently?
A Mister Boffo cartoon.

The caption:
LEAST AMOUNT OF SILVER LINING

A man has fallen overboard a ship, and the captain tells the new widow: "at least he didn't die thirsty."

Who is/are your role model/s?
All glass artists whose work I admire. But most of all, my husband. He is everything I wish I were.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #76 (isolation #32) » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:32 am

pickemgenius wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
pickemgenius wrote:Were you aware that I was YOU in Worst of Mafiascum Mafia.

<3???
I was not.

PEG, I don't think you could be any worse. It must have been really hard to go that extra millimeter of mediocrity to emulate me.
OMG NO <3 FOR 74?????
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

What's Elias up to? We need to hold a victory party.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #79 (isolation #33) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:27 pm

cicero wrote:A little while ago you thought you had to largely quit playing mafia. Then you came back in full force. What *ahem* negotiations occured to allow you to keep playing?
I'm stubborn and I did want I wanted... but now it's spring/summer, I have the garden to mind, and lots of

Obviously Montreal is cooler than Toronto. This is a given. But can you name anything about Toronto you wish you had in Montreal?
A stock exchange?

Do you like Jean Charest? Is he a good premier?
Yeah, he's alright, he's not running a referendum, that's in his favor.

Have you ever visited Cape Breton?
I have visited the Magdalen Islands! Should be as good, no?

When are you coming to Toronto? I will buy you a beer.

Of the people on this site that drive you crazy, what percentage do you think will be nicer people when they are your age?
Ninety percent. The remaining 10 percent, I don't worry about, since they will be incarcerated.

Why do you think you get killed on so many night zeros? Do you plan to take steps to stop this from happening? Have you started playing under less obvious alts in order to be able to freely enjoy a game?
Haha, yeah I wonder why... I'm as likely to get vig'd or NK'd! There's really no way I can stop it from happening, other than, as you mention, playing with alts. However, some pesky people that can see IPs rat me out. If you can give me their names and addresses, I will begin legal proceedings. DrippingGoofball gots to eat, yo!

Did you answer Shaft.ed's question about Ipick? I might have missed that. If not, would you mind?
I'm going to have to look for that question...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #80 (isolation #34) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:31 pm

shaft.ed wrote:
I can tell you my least favorites: kinases. Yawn! They look like a dog's breakfast and as exciting as lint. Cyclins. Bo-ring. More lumpy enzymes that do nothing spectacular. Receptors... bah.

OK I got it!

NUCLEOPORINS! Sweet.

What's yours?
So you don't like MAP kinase kinase kinase kinase then?

Hmm if I had to pick a favorite it might depend on the category.

Name: Ninjurin or fucose kinase
Process: Hox class transcription factors (I like development)
Activity: Receptors (neuroscience and all that jazz) or Immune gene recombinases (immune system is very elegant)
Design: Polymerase III beta subunit (it's a sliding donut, simple yet perfect for its task)
Nah. Even MAP KKKKKKK's are still kinases. I like development too! I worked on Drosophila oogenesis, a mysterious protein called Bic-D.

Polymerase III beta subunit... oh yeah, sliding donuts are genius. Is it of the kind that buckles if an incorrect nucleotide is inserted? I love those.

Why fucose kinase? It sounds like a loser that should be degraded before it gets to the ribosome.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #82 (isolation #35) » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:36 pm

shaft.ed wrote:Were you upset or excited when you realized what your role for iPick was?
I was delighted! I'd never been MODKILLED before game start before! Vig'd, NK'd, SK'd, but never modkilled! Wow....

And still, I was alive... and I couldn't be killed any of the other ways, ooo-weee!

BTW I've signed up for MoS's Freelancer Mafia, if anyone wants to take me out before the game starts, there's a great opportunity! Sign up before it's too late.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #92 (isolation #36) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:23 am

Thestatusquo wrote:How is your sex life?
I hope you're asking because your father wants to know.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #93 (isolation #37) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:40 am

You seem to enjoy chemistry, did you know chemistry is mostly physics?

Yes I do know... but I prefer organic and biochemistry. Waves, electricity, gravity... bah. Mind you, I appreciate the knowledge and the elegance in the equation, and I marvel that we as a species have figured it out. My favorite part of mathematics was solving derivatives with trigonometry. So cool. But they don't hold a candle to molecular biology, because that's the key to live itself.

1. If you could live for 1 month in a time period outside of your life span, which would you choose? Why?

I'd love to be a witness to the Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution. I probably would get executed within that month, those were crazy times indeed. I must have read over a dozen personal accounts of these times. Horror stories of an entire society gone mad, twisting in the grips of collective insanity. My favorite was "The Thought Revolution" which you can buy used, cheap, from Amazon. I like that particular book best not because the story that was told was the most horrific, but because it was perhaps the most representative, and the extreme lucidity of the author. He understood how the insanity was exploited by individuals to serve their petty motives from the bottom up. He understood how not to get himself killed. He kept his sanity. Amazing.

2. Same as 1, but for 10 years instead of 1 month.

England at the time of Jane Austen. It was an era of relative prosperity, culture, and the technology that isolates people was not yet widespread. A time in the human scale.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #94 (isolation #38) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:41 am

Simenon wrote:Do you take any drugs to ensure a more satisfying climax?
Yes, chocolate.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #97 (isolation #39) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:34 am

Roach wrote:Do you ever stop being so funny?
I'm an eccentric. I'm never intentionally funny. I'm always dead serious. I never joke.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #98 (isolation #40) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:35 am

Yosarian2 wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote: Why do you always think I'm scum? ;)
Yos! You're so wishy-washy and indecisive! How can I think otherwise? Your meta is basically an assembly of my favorite scumtells.

I bet in meatworld you can't get anybody to lend you a nickel.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #104 (isolation #41) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:56 am

Alabaska J wrote:What liquid do you drip?
This is a multiple choice question!

(A) Pus
(B) Delirium
(C) Pond scum
(D) Rubber
(E) Cinnamon toothpaste with sparkles

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #105 (isolation #42) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:57 am

The Fonz wrote:
farside22 wrote:Why are you scummy in every game I play with you?
Oh, the irony.

What do you think would happen in a mafia game played by you and 11 DGB clones?
Yeah, I wonder, Fonzie. What would happen?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #108 (isolation #43) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:05 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Dude, the role with my name was an NK immune vig. I > you in terms of impulsive killing sprees, DG.
Dang it, you one-upman'd me quite thoroughly. Can you believe I was just a vanilla townie? The burn still hurts...

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #111 (isolation #44) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:35 pm

Roach wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Roach wrote:Do you ever stop being so funny?
I'm an eccentric. I'm never intentionally funny. I'm always dead serious. I never joke.
Then why does your reply make me lol so hard that the Atlantic ocean comes out my nose?
That's probably because you are a whale.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #112 (isolation #45) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:36 pm

The Fonz wrote:I always pictured a game where no-one's entirely sure when the random voting stage has actually ended, even if it's endgame.
Hey speak for farside. I never
INTENTIONALLY
random vote.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #113 (isolation #46) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:45 pm

The Jester wrote:Are you aware that I'm Korlash's Alt?

What title on mafiascum do you like the most/would want to have?

Will you ever change your signature?

What's the funniest moment you've had on mafiascum, ever?

Doctor Who?

How do you escape all those frenchmen who hunt you in the spring and fall?
OMG! You're Korlash's alt? OMG! Happy happy, joy joy joy! No wonder I love you both equally. Seriously. I don't believe it. Korlash is vanilla, Jester is pistachio.

I'm totally shooting for PARAGON of MAFIA HUNTER. I'm so close. Sure, I'm going to have to kill Glork. But it's a god eat dog world out there.

I'll only change my signature if my signature becomes my title. I love it. It stays.

My totally funniest moment was Kamikaze.

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 227#387227

I replace in, no one is voting for me, and Twomz is at lynch minus one, we have a deadline, too. ELEVEN votes needed for a lynch. Thanks to Glork "Paragon of Mafia Hunters, haha" within a measly THREE pages and less than 24 hours, I get myself lynched in nuclear, mushroom cloud glory, and take down a scumbag with me.

I should have won a gold medal for that one.

Doctor D'Numbers.

OMG, I do not escape the Frenchmen, oh no, they dig me out, and they slice me thinly and sell me for a small fortune. It's not easy being a truffle in the land of gourmets.
Last edited by DrippingGoofball on Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #114 (isolation #47) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:47 pm

Adel wrote:circle of scum calculations would get stuck in an infinite loop, resulting is a large smoking crater where Montreal used to be.

or a really discusting series of
la petite mort
HEY, young lady! Don't diss it! It has worked unexpectedly well in games where no scum had yet been caught. Not as good as random chance, but unexpectedly well for one of my theories.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #115 (isolation #48) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:49 pm

shaft.ed wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:Dude, the role with my name was an NK immune vig. I > you in terms of impulsive killing sprees, DG.
Dang it, you one-upman'd me quite thoroughly. Can you believe I was just a vanilla townie? The burn still hurts...
As was I, they could have at least made me an incompetent vig or something.
Sure... unbeknowst to you, your vig only works against townies? Yeah, I like that. Fits you like a glove.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #118 (isolation #49) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:51 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:You any good at cooking ?

You live in west island ?
I'm a fabulous cook. I used to cook a great deal. But I rarely cook anymore. Everyone that I used to feed regularly, died. So now I mostly make single servings.

Yes OMG I do live on the West Island... how do you know that? I know you're not a local though. We say "the West Island" as opposed to "the East End."

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #120 (isolation #50) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:57 pm

When did you get the idea to have the Alts live in Alaska?
What? I'm all confused. Korlash is in Alaska. He wears a viking cap and eats vanilla ice cream. No?

Do you want to know what Korlash looks like?
I thought I knew! Picture please. I can't promise I won't plug it into PhotoShop and go goofy with it though.

So, would "Sanity-Challenged" be enough to change your signature? (Including the Free-avatars- Backround Gifs" part?)
Sanity Challenged, Completely Bonkers, choices, choices, choices...

If so, what would you change it to?
Sanity Challenged is the best.

Will you re-post the link to your gallery? (My laptop crashed, I don't think Korlash has the PM anymore.)
http://chantalpare.ca

How much would it cost for me to get you to make me some glass-art? :P
Get me an Alaska-Montreal vanilla ice cream pipeline and we'll talk.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #121 (isolation #51) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:59 pm

Roach wrote:How much for a cookie?
Let's see.

Shortbread: 25 cents
Chocolate chip/peanut butter 75 cents

I just realized I only bake two kinds of cookies.

:oops:

Cream puffs? That's my specialty.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #123 (isolation #52) » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:42 pm

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Can you teach me how to cook tomorrow ? I want to move out and get out of my parents' hair eventually. Or at least cook them dinner every once in awhile. Bookitty used to teach me but then she moved and got married or something.
I can't tomorrow. Maybe when I come back from vacation.

I'm not sure your parents will want to wait that long. Is there progress on their procedure to voluntarily commit themselves?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #127 (isolation #53) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:49 am

armlx wrote:If you were an animal and your alts were your babies, what animal would you be? Take into account gestation periods, general behaviors, and eating habits of said animal.
Fruit flies of course.

Baby fruit flies are maggots. They feed on yeast and fruit for a couple of weeks, then they pupate. They collectively bury their heads in the food source, digging down, all lined up vertically, pooping up.

It's a good metaphor for my alts, don't you think?

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #128 (isolation #54) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:16 am

Xdaamno wrote:1. What is your Earth name, human? Willian Shatner

2. What is your full address? Shatner Student Building, McGill University

3. Phone number? 514-398-2424

4. You do realise I now have enough information to stalk and kill you? That's fine, I hope you enjoy meeting my secret service staff that is made up of Vogons. You enjoy poetry?

5. Where does your wife go shopping? My wife Adel loves to shop in downtown San Diego.

6. Where do your children play? I bottles full of nutritious agar in Drosophila laboratories.

7. Are there any conveniently located woodchippers or toolsheds nearby? The city woodchipper comes twice a year, once in the spring and once in the fall. No tool shed, but a huge, open compost pile that you might find useful.

8. Do you love your family? No, gross, gag me with a spoon. Except Adel.

9. Do you REALLY love them or are you just saying that? Er, no, I mean it.

10. Do you come here often? Daily.

11. Have you ever had sex? I've given birth. No.

12. If yes, give an account, leaving no details to the imagination: The insect looked at me with sad compound eyes. "I'm lymph-broken, my girlfriend tried to eat me. Luckily it was not too late and I was able to pry myself out of her deadly mandibles. Say, you have a lovely exoskeleton." Chomp, mghgirf, murgh, slurp, chomp, shomp.

13. If no, explain why not: See above #12

14. Have you ever had gay sex? If I'm a woman, and it's Adel, is it gay or just confused?

15. Would you like to do it again? Ask her.

16. Ah, so you HAVE had gay sex? Only by some definitions.

17. Have you ever been in a threesome? Yes.

18. If yes, do you consider yourself honest? No.

19. 'Cos I don't. I feel sorry for you. Try the truth! It shall set you free.

20. Do you masturbate? I'd like to keep that one a secret.

21. Fun, isn't it? I refuse to compromise my integrity by answering this questions.

22. Subs or Dubs? Pubs.

23. Why are you filling out these questions? A boredom crisis?

24. Seriously, don't you have anything better to do? It's helping with my procrastination problem.

25. Are you in a relationship with someone? Yes.

26. Bearing in mind that animals, minors and stalking victims don't count, are you in a relationship with someone? Phew! Stalkers count! It's still "yes."

27. Oh, and I'd also like to add 'fictional characters' to that list. Oh, then, no.

28. Do you feel lucky, punk? Are you looking for an argument?

29. What's your favourite Monty Python film that isn't Life of Brian? "And now for something completely different."

30. What's your favourite song by Queen that isn't Bohemian Rhapsody? "We are the champions" - did anyone ever answer anything else to this question?

31. What's your favourite team sport that isn't football? Baseball.

32. Who's your favourite actor who was in Footloose and isn't Kevin Bacon? Footloose? Are these questions for the 80's or something?

33. Who's your favourite actress who was in Fight Club and isn't Helena Bonham Carter? Paris Hilton.

34. Do you prefer chalk or cheese? Cheese... OMG I love cheese.

35. Laurel or Hardy? Hardy.

36. White or slightly off-white? Coconut

37. Lice or doornails? Lice

38. Mangoes or licorice? Mangoes

39. Nostrils or the Serengeti Plain? Serengeti

40. Do you want to die, Sidney? Bring it on, George, bring it on.

41. Have you ever been to prison? No

42. If yes, were you the man or the bitch? See #41

43. Oh, perhaps I should have asked this earlier: Are you male or female? Define your terms.

44. Really? Sure.

45. Blimey. Roly Poly.

46. What's your ultimate sexual fantasy? It won't have the answer to this question until after I die.

47. Did you really think I wanted to know that, you freak? Absolutely, all the other questions are a smokescreen.

48. Is the cup half full or half empty? Beer or bra?

49. Who is your best friend? Spock.

50. Okay, who is your second best friend? Bones.

51. Do you have any friends at all? See #49 and #50 above.

52. Bearing in mind that animals, minors, stalking victims, fictional characters and inanimate objects don't count? See #51 above.

53. Did you know coming up with 100 questions is more difficult than it sounds? Makes you wonder, why 100 when 10 could have done it?

54. Discuss the use of iambic pentameter in act 4, scene 1 of Othello, the Moor of Venice. I'm French, I don't have to answer this.

55. Do you know what I'm talking about when I say "Yum, I love a nice tasty slice of hair pie"? Unfortunately.

56. If yes, do you feel vaguely ashamed? Less than you are.

57. Do you consider yourself a smacktard? No, but if I work very hard towards self-improvement I may become one.

58. If no, why are you still answering these questions? I'm practicing speed typing and stream of consciousness.

59. What's your favourite book for use in self-defense? Encyclopedia Britannica, it's the AK-47 of library weapons.

60. Does he look like a bitch? Not when in full drag.

61. Then why did you fuck him like a bitch, Brian? Ask Adel.

62. Did your dad ever do that thing where he walks to the bathroom completely nude hoping no-one will see him? Dad never did that.

63. Did it freak you out as much as it did me? It was all in your mind.

64. List all your pets. Cardinals, blue jays, American goldfinches, hummingbirds, robins, mourning doves.

65. I know this may be painful, but list all the dead ones, too. Grackles.

66. How did they die? They're aggressive with each other and the mothers kick out the babies out of the nest before they can fly.

67. Ha ha! What stupid creatures. No kidding. I hate them.

68. What's your favourite comic by Alan Moore called Watchmen? Watchmen. Any points?

69. Really? I swear.

70. Mine too! What an amazing coincidence.

71. Do you admire Justin Timberlake...
... For his musical ability? YES
... For his reputedly enormous willy? YES
... For the ease with which he lights on fire? YES including me.

72. Have you ever met a ghost? Yes.

73. Have you ever communicated with a ghost? Yes.

74. Have you ever played Scrabble with a ghost? No.

76. Would you like to reconsider your answer to question 57? I answered it fully and honestly.

77. Have you ever taken drugs? No.

78. Have you ever sold drugs? No.

79. Could I have a price list? You know the going rate, punk.

80. Do you think I'm attractive? Wildly.

81. My mum does. She lies.

82. Have you ever dressed like a woman? No, but you have.

83. C'mon, you can tell me. No. I'm not telling.

84. Everyone has at some point. Not, me, ever.

85. Ha ha! I lied! TRANNY! No surprise there that's what I just said.

86. Apologies if you're a girl, by the way. Accepted. I wish I were a boy though.

87. When was the last time you said 'I love you'? Sometime in February.

88. When was the last time you said it to something other than a TV screen? Like my mirror?

89. My programmer taught me a song. Would you like to hear it? I'm dying to.

90. Would you eat poo if I gave you a fiver? No but I know someone that'll do it for free and thank you for it.

91. Tenner? See #90 above.

92. Would you eat poo if I gave you fifty quid and a sweetie? No but I'll bring my friend.

93. Explain your answer. Not in a million years.

94. Hello, is it me you're looking for? Goodbye my lover, goodbye my friend, you will have been the one, you will have been the one for me.

95. Who sent you this quiz? The Romulans.

96. Do you find this person attractive? Their entire people.

97. Would you want to have sex with this person? The whole planet.

98. You do know they'll probably read this? I'd rather they know know I'm on my way at Warp Speed 9.

99. Er... - ahem.

100. That's it. Nice shaking your hand, what's the jelly-like substance?

Courtesy of http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/features/100ques.htm

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #129 (isolation #55) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:17 am

shaft.ed wrote:What's your favorite Holst Planet?

VENUS. Jupiter. What's yours?

Return to “General Discussion”