Scummies 2008 Nominations! (Deadline: 1/15)

Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #264 (isolation #0) » Wed May 28, 2008 10:50 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Either that or if someone has a really funny signature, that could be a part of the "funniest player" award.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #361 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote:
If you only get rewarded as an IC for winning games, then ICs will be more ruthless towards newbies. In many newbie games I have intentionally said blatantly false or scummy things to encourage the newbies to 'scumhunt' and to realize that scum do not play by the rules. I've done this as town too to show that pro-town players are not always right, too, which is a concernedly-growing trend among players as of late. If there is going to be a "Best IC" category, it should be 'ruled' by newbies; IE if a newb thinks an IC in a newbie game was helpful in teaching in some way, they should do the nominating. Otherwise it's just ICs patting themselves on the back.
Uh...if you've delibratly said false and scummy things as town in a newbie game, in a way you never would in a non-newbie game, Skruffs, all you're doing is screwing up the developing scumdar of new players. That's really what scumdar is, is that over time people start to learn from experence that people act one way as scum but a different way as town. If you're screwing with your playstyle as either one, to try to "teach" them something, you're just making it harder for them to learn how to play.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #368 (isolation #2) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Skruffs wrote: I disagree with you. Newbie players should not be 'taught' that experience=accuracy. Making mistakes (intentionally) encourages them to speak up, to look at things themselves. I'm not saying to mislynch or blatantly mislead players to a loss, I am saying that by positing false arguments, players can then decide for themnselves things. I've been railing against the idea of known-town players being automatically believe to be good scumhunters in a few games now. I think players get experienced/town confused with 'good'.

Anyways.765
Uh...if you do your best, you'll still be wrong sometimes. That's a part of mafia, and that's what they should see. Delibratly making mistakes might just encourage them to make those same mistakes later, after seeing an IC do it.

Besides, usually, if I catch someone delibratly making a bad argument, it means they're scum. If you're making delibratly bad arguments as town, you're just training them to think that town makes bad argumnts, and that totally screwes up their scumda, and encourages them to make bad arguments as town in the future.

Anyway, some people really are better scumhunters then others. It sometimes correlates with experence, although not always. So what?
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #543 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

I don't think there should be an award for "best" bus.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #580 (isolation #4) » Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:37 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Yeah; self nominating is against the rules, Ythill.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #708 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:25 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Hmm...still no nomination for best IC.

Anyone have any suggestions?