ScumBait

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Thu May 08, 2008 6:03 pm

Post by Elmo »

Sounds nice! Image
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Fri May 09, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Elmo »

I never got very far with my tool-that-is-similar-to-this, but I thought about some of this. I don't believe there is a single definitive way to say who's dead. One can take a guess based on the fact that the person who starts the thread must be the mod, and the mod will usually have both posted a 'morning, alice is dead' post and maintain a list of players in the first post - most of that is probably fairly parseable if you made it resilient to occasional weirdness. 'Lynched Day [1-9]' is fairly easy, weird killing methods (f.e. first post of Fritz Fest) could probably be found by looking for 'Bob ... night 3'. An interesting direction is simply to figure out who is still alive based on who posts (more than once) after night (or one could detect 'bah!' posts :)). You could certainly use that for doublechecking.

p.s. Adel, Khelv: I have looked at the source briefly, and I would be comfortable running it on my computer.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:24 am

Post by Elmo »

I keep not bothering to work on this because I rolled my own, but not bothering to finish my own. Joy. If you actually want something done on this, ask me nicely, and I'll procrastinate about it for six months.

I strongly disapprove of the apparent lack of caching on Kison's site. That could be bad if this becomes widely used. (I could be totally wrong about this, but I don't recall any facility for caching when I looked at the code 10541769 years ago.)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”