Night Communication

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:41 am

Post by mole »

1. Because one of the two big perks that comes with the mafia role is the ability to strategise and coordinate your strategy before each day. Giving that power to townies would make life a lot harder for them - eg. a cop could easily organise a large block of innocents and have them all vote the same way. Which is (I think) what happened in a game on the departed boards in which anyone was able to communicate privately at night...

If you let people discuss stuff in the thread during the night, you allow the town to get away with bad play, and this also hinders the mafia. Another example that actually happened: Two masons (A and B), A is accused and almost gets lynched because confirmed mason B didn't turn up and help him. At night, mason B thinks "You know, I'm probably going to die tonight, and then A will be lynched..." and he tells people not to lynch A in the thread. Which annoys the mafia considerably, as they
had
planned to capitalise on the B's mistake and lynch A.

I won't go in to why they were in that situation, suffice to say it was my fault - a bluff the serial killer saw through. I was dead by the time of the above paragraph though.

Or imagine a case where you lynch the doctor, so the cop posts his list of innocents before he dies.

2. Someone's deleted a post, and so the pages don't line up properly. If you post there again it should make a new page properly. Or we could ask mith/jeep nicely to reset the post counts.

3. I think twilight is a bad idea, for the reason you posted. It's the town's fault they were too impatient, they have to stick with the decision, as above.
mole
mole
die suck die
mole
die suck die
die suck die

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 26, 2003 3:36 am

Post by mole »

It might work with a "blind" game, if the mod keeps the passwords to all the accounts... that opens up lots more possibilities - players could impersonate others in PMs, for instance. :)

Return to “Mafia Discussion”