hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:40 am

Post by hasdgfas »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:
Big
question to people.....
Are you suspicious of me for bringing up the Guardian Jester possibility and my handling of the situation?
I am getting some vibes from people they are trying to set me back up as a lynch candidate for these things.
Yes, I suspect you for bringing it up. Jesters are one of those roles that are normally put into open/semi-open games, because people play differently if they know one is there. If they don't know one is there, they should lynch the scummy people. Guardian has played like crap all game, and that self-vote is the last straw. Someone who is town
should never self-vote
. Period. It hurts the town and distracts them. However, self-hammering is something scum would do in this situation simply because of the fact that it prevents them from doing anything else stupid during the day. I've convinced myself.
Vote: Guardian

If he is a Jester and wins, I really don't care, except that I will be forever mad at undo for doing something like this. I don't think so, however.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:54 am

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

Somehow I get the feeling we just lynched a Miller. Well at least it is an end to a long day one.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:59 am

Post by hasdgfas »

thevampireofdusseldorf wrote:Somehow I get the feeling we just lynched a Miller. Well at least it is an end to a long day one.
this is not long.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Guardian »

Mr Stoofer wrote:I am not suspicious of you for bringing up the possibility of Guardian as a Jester.

However, I am positive that Guardian is not a Jester, because Jester's cannot self-vote (that would be contrary to the whole point of a Jester).

We just lynched ourselves some scum people!
that's retarded, and wrong.

please lynch stoofer tomorrow.

sorry for my play.

but stoofer is scum. gl gents.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
Guardian
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Guardian
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Guardian »

note how stoofer didn't consider that I was just playing badly.

he just pushed and pushed for my lynch.

he thought he was buddying with a cop all day, but really was buddying with a miller.

he saw an easy lynch and took it, abandoning everything else he'd done all day.

tvod super likely town.
hakcer huck super likely town
cow probably town.

stoofer probably scum.

I'm 85% confident stoofer is scum.

if you lynch tvod or hacker, or don't lynch stoofer, don't blame me if we lose.

peace.
Do not lynch me.
[wiki]Great Nibbler Takeover of 2008[/wiki]
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:No I don't get it either. I wonder what I actually meant to say? I can't for the life of me remember!
After a bit a thinking, that "mistake" of yours seems rather scummy to me. I think it is the very first time you make one in this game, and it is pretty large at that. It gives me the impression that you didn't think thoroughly about the situation at hand, and thus that you don't care much about causing a myslynch, because you already know that Guardian is town.

By now, I'm 99% sure Guardian is town because he's taking the time to try to help us ; scum would not do that, because their words would be invalidated by their turning up scum.

Guardian, as you're likely to be confirmed very soon, do you have any other leads on who might be scum ?
All lurkers unite! And jump off the nearest cliff. Now.
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:21 pm

Post by Musher333 »

Stoofer is starting to look scummy to me, you were buddying with Guardian for most of day one then when he claims miller you say we have to lynch him.
Musher-scum would not be clever enough to do something like this- Strife 220
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:37 am

Post by undo »

Not voting:
lord_hur, Musher333, Shin Hatsubai*, thevampireofdusseldorf

With 6 votes,
Guardian has been lynched
!

Please give me some time to prepare the lynch scene.

*I am already looking for a replacement
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:59 am

Post by undo »

The first of the meetings organised by the Pharaoh to fight the Hebrew menace was finally over. It had been a meeting full of heated discussion, solid exchange of ideas, and inflamed debate.

The sun was already setting when the majority of the present people decided Guardian had to be responsible for the disgrace that was falling upon Egypt. Besides being accused of fickleness and falsehood, he was even foolish enough to confess he was a Hebrew.

From one minute to the next, Guardian was taken by the angry citizens to the main square, where he was whipped, then beaten to death, and torn apart.

But suddenly, thousands, millions of lice, gnats, and fleas appeared from nowhere and attacked every single Egyptian person in the streets, biting them everywhere they could. The entire city was panicstruck. People were running like mad, scratching, rubbing, bleeding, with the body full of red bites, desperately trying to find a well of water to assuage the itching and the pain.

Naturally, while suffering this second divine plague, the Egyptians quickly forgot Guardian, leaving his shredded body in the middle of the square, to be eaten by the insects. Nobody ever managed to know who he was, after all.

Please send in your night choices until
April 22, 8 PM GMT
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:07 am

Post by undo »

The day was almost dawning when the cloud of lice and gnats left the Egyptians alone. Weary and half-eaten, with the skin full of wounds, the citizens headed to their houses, hoping to have some sleep after that nightmare.

However, a few hours later, a horrible, nauseating smell invaded the entire city and the nostrils of its inhabitants. Soon they realised that all livestock in the city was dead. Hundreds of decomposing animal carcases provided an uncommon feast for flies and insects. Every cow, every ox, every sheep, every calf – all dead, at the same instant, because of this mysterious disease.

The most sensitive Egyptians had to run away, terrified and sick. There were some of them who were able to hold back the vomit before the disgusting scent and scenario, and who managed to notice the dead herdsmen lying among their cattle. One of them,
SlySly
, had been present in the first of the official meetings to fight the Hebrew menace.

It was not difficult to find out that the herdsman, dead due to this sudden pestilence, was
Thabit
, the representative of
livestock farmers
in the meetings. Naturally, he was a
simple citizen
, worried with the future of Egypt. Well, he doesn’t need to worry about that anymore now, but the truth is that the meetings are not complying with the expected outcome.

There is not much time to cry or clean the mess, though. Ra shows his golden disk once again, and the meetings must continue. The Hebrews must be stopped, lest Egypt falls.

With 9 alive, it's
5 to lynch
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:30 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Hmmm. Something funny is obviously going on with role reveals.

Anyway, I am sure that we lynched scum yesterday, especially having seen last night's kill, so I am going to re-read the whole thread looking for everyone's interactions with Guardian. I suggest everyone else does the same.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by lord_hur »

Can you explain why you're so sure ?
HackerHuck
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
HackerHuck
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Post by HackerHuck »

I've read and reread the lynch and nightscenes and I'm not getting it either. I'm pretty sure he was scum, but that's only based on how he acted.
Singing Librarian
Singing Librarian
Goon
Singing Librarian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm

Post by Singing Librarian »

I think we can safely assume that he was not a jester, otherwise we would have got an announcement that he'd won.

I'm surprised by who died during the night. I would assume that he was chosen in order to put suspicion on Mr Stoofer.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Well, I am sure that Guardian was scum because he tried to deceive the Town about being a Cop. As Singing Librarian says, he cannot have been a Jester.

It is possible that SlySly was killed to put suspicion on me (as SL suggests). However, I think it is more likely that he was killed because he was more-or-less confirmed as pro-Town: the fact that Guardian pretended to have a guilty result on him pretty much proved that he was not Guardian's scumbuddy. That was what I meant about his death confirming Guardian as scum.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:33 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Here is another reason why I am sure Guardian is Scum. Look at this thread.

Norinel asked this:
Norinel wrote:Has anyone ever been called out for a breadcrumb before they pointed it out themself? If not, then it seems like a valid scum strategy might be to leave two or three breadcrumbs early on and pick whichever one you like when you need to claim. (Or just ignore them all)
Guardian responded:
Guardian (emphasis added) wrote:Norinel: I have
as scum
, and the town came | | close to believing my cop claim xD.
This was posted the same day as Guardian was forced to admit that he was not a Cop in this game. He must have been referring to this game.

[I found this post during the Night but forgot to post it yesterday.]
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:58 pm

Post by Musher333 »

So, do we ever find out who we have lynched or could we have a lylo soon without realising it?
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:30 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Here is another reason why I am sure Guardian is Scum. Look at this thread.

Norinel asked this:
Norinel wrote:Has anyone ever been called out for a breadcrumb before they pointed it out themself? If not, then it seems like a valid scum strategy might be to leave two or three breadcrumbs early on and pick whichever one you like when you need to claim. (Or just ignore them all)
Guardian responded:
Guardian (emphasis added) wrote:Norinel: I have
as scum
, and the town came | | close to believing my cop claim xD.
This was posted the same day as Guardian was forced to admit that he was not a Cop in this game. He must have been referring to this game.

[I found this post during the Night but forgot to post it yesterday.]
I think this reasoning is wrong. Two reasons :

1. In this game, he did not claim cop, but miller.
2. By the time he posted that, only you were alluding to him being cop, and he had not claimed anything yet.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:35 am

Post by lord_hur »

Mr Stoofer wrote:Well, I am sure that Guardian was scum because he tried to deceive the Town about being a Cop.
What would be the point of scum pretending to be cop ? That would pretty much give him away to the real cop...
thevampireofdusseldorf
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
thevampireofdusseldorf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:43 am

Post by thevampireofdusseldorf »

It is a valid miller stratergy to act like a cop to get scum to nk you. In fact this is the best miller stratergy to try and get nkilled. But considering we had two previuos no reveals on deaths Guardian could have pulled this stunt to keep us all in the dark. I am going to lean more on the miller side of things than scum at this stage.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:39 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

Well, no clue on guardian, huh. Maybe his lack of death reveal is a conformation of his role. I mean if he was a miller, he was niether town nor scum, so who would even bother figuring out who he is? Or, the mod just decided that the night with an insect plauge wouldn't have a death reveal. IDK. TVod was pushing a jester wagon for some reason. Were you really that worried about it? Or did you want guardian around for some reason?
Musher333
Musher333
Goon
Musher333
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Musher333 »

I think that Guardians post about suspecting stoofer could have been something we should have looked at, he seemed to push close to Guardian for the duration of day 1 until Guardian decided to claim, im not sure if this is how he scum hunts or how he plays but that style is new to me and because of it looks scummy.

Note- I won't be on until Sunday earliest probably Monday
undo
undo
Mafia Scum
undo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:03 am

Post by undo »

Almost four days have passed without any single word.

If activity doesn't crank up within the next 24 hours, I will have to impose a deadline.
PyroDwarf
PyroDwarf
Goon
PyroDwarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:20 am

Post by PyroDwarf »

well, I asked TvoD why he so strongly though that guardian was a jester. Guardian's play very closley matched that of my first mafia game, where i made a slip and my defence made me look scummy. I got tired of defending my self, got fed up with the town and got lynched. I even pulled the self vote card. I was townie and got killed because of tunnel vision. Right now, the only person I have suspicions tword is TvoD. He was pushing the jester thing a little too hard; trying to appeal to our fear of loosing to save guardian? It is unfortunate that we did not lear guardian's role.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:16 am

Post by lord_hur »

I also was suspicious of VOD being a jester, but 2 things were holding me back on saying it :

- it is my first game with non-standard roles ;
- Guardian wasn't in danger of being lynched yet.

I also did not feel that he was so sure back then, he was just argumenting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”