Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Jitsu »

vollkan wrote:
No, I didn't. Sorry.
No apology necessary.

On a further note, since Matt is apparently looking for some kind of response/defense, I will weigh in with some comments later this weekend.

======================================================
Page 59 Votecount

Matt_S - 1 (Jitsu)

Not voting - 3 (Matt_S, Erg0, Patrick)

With 4 alive, it's 3 to lynch.
Deadline for D4: Thursday May 11, 11:11AM GMT+10
================================================
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Sorry, been putting this off until I have time to do the full Jitsu/Matt thing. Will have a big post tomorrow.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:14 am

Post by Patrick »

Matt is still my preferred lynch today, and I don't like the vague nature of his attacks on Erg0 in particular. I feel like he's reaching to try to discredit both Jitsu and Erg0, which may indicate he's a mafia goon. Of course, a townie may try and ensure both the other suspects are killed too, to ensure a town win, so it's mostly just a gut feeling. If Matt is lynched as town today, I'd be vigging Jitsu if not roleblocked.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Erg0 »

A response to Matt's major points:

- Xyl and CO looked scummiest to me on day 1, I was suspicious of Oman but not comfortable with lynching him initially. As I said somewhere, I can never get a good read on Oman on day 1, but once things fell into place with my other two suspects I felt more confident in my opinion on him.

- My focus on CO/G2 on day 2 was borne of my belief that prolonged debate and/or lynching anyone else would be a waste of our time. I was initially looking at it as kind of a "free" day, though I didn't expect to have to fight so hard to get CO/G2 lynched.

- At the end of day 3 I hadn't looked at the game for a couple of (RL) days, and didn't want to hammer after only a very quick read. I was thinking we'd probably want to pressure Oman into a claim before the day ended, since it was quite likely that Patrick was going to vig him that night - hence my comment about killing him regardless of Xyl's alignment.
V/LA most weekends.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Matt_S »

Erg0's answers have appeased me.
Patrick wrote:If Matt is lynched as town today, I'd be vigging Jitsu if not roleblocked.
I'd support this. Sort of.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by Erg0 »

I wanted to post summaries of both players at the same time, but I'm not sure how long it will be before I get Jitsu done so I'll throw Matt's out there now. I hope y'all enjoy reading.

Matt_S

Day 1

2 - Follows Incog and Jitsu in disagreeing with Xyl's "arbitrary" comment
4 - Votes Guardian for pushing my wagon (2nd vote on him), says he wants me to confirm or deny dayvig, shades suspicion of Oman
5 - To Guardian: "Once there's a better vote, I'll unvote you, but for now it stays" - did I mention this at the time? If not, I should have (Ooh, I did. Go me!)
6 - FoSes Oman for wagoning (3rd vote) - later clarifies that he thinks Oman's claim of trying to start discussion was a ruse. Disagrees with wagons to start discussion
11 - shades suspicion of opie for "trying pretty hard", but doesn't think he's voteworthy (opie has 1 vote)
14 - Unvotes Guardian (never really pushed him much), FoSes opie (2 votes), Xyl (0 votes), Oman (2 votes), seems to be most interested in opie. Reasoning here isn't great, very generalised. Xyl criticises him for this post, which leads to an argument between them over Adel's percentages.
17 - says he can't remember any "important" posts by opie, which doesn't seem right
18 - votes Xyl (1st vote), retracts FoSes on opie (3 votes) and Oman (1 vote) for reasons that more or less aplied when he originally made them. Shades new suspicion of Guardian (2 votes) based on Incog's case.
22 - thinks Jitsu is ok
23 - FoS on Adel (0 votes) for one of her "100%" posts
25 - "Adel does seem weird, but other than that he makes good points" - after Patrick and Oman both said they thought Adel was town
26 - Unvotes Xyl (again, no real pressure while his vote was on). "Guess [Guardian and opie] are the only lynches to choose from. Now to wait for opie to claim."
27 - would rather lynch opie, but calls him "fairly helpful" and "less helpful " in the same post. Doesn't seem to think either opie or Guardian is particularly scummy, but is content to lynch one of them.
28 - doesn't want a second claim from Guardian (per his later correction)
31 - votes ChaosOmega (3rd vote, simultaneous with my 2nd vote; opie has 5, Guardian has 4) "since I can't recall him doing anything really useful". 26 hours til deadline. If he's scum then I suspect he didn't think this wagon would go anywhere.
32 - Notes my simulvote (my reason for finding this interesting at the time is somewhat invalidated by CO being scum). Asks Adel why she switched to opie.
38 - mentions for the second time that he wants to hear from CO (close to deadline now). Again, never particularly pushes this wagon.

Day 2

39 - Player summary: Oman, Patrick, Jitsu and me are town; Adel, Xyl and Incog are middling; CO is scummy based on claim.
40+ - there's a whole bunch of posts here that just don't strike as being much of anything. Talks about his changing suspicions, asks a few questions, chastises Adel a little.
47 - summarises others' suspicions, then goes with CO/Oman/Xyl scumteam (change of mind on Oman). Thinks Patrick is town, iffy on Jitsu and Incog (depending on Oman's alignment).
48 - defence against Jitsu, says day 1 suspicions were based mainly on who looked helpful. Doesn't think that Oman will slip away if CO is scum.
50 - questions Adel on G2 as SK theory. Chases Adel for a while after this due to her inconsistencies, and votes her in 56 (first vote on her, shortly after Incog unvoted)
61 - votes Guardian "for the much safer alternative"
62 - backs away from Adel vote, claiming confusion. Something about thinking Adel had a plan, which doesn't really explain the vote. Disagrees with Xyl wanting to lynch Adel.
64 - kind of flip-flopping on Oman here - after retracting the day 1 FoS in 18, he said in 48 that the only FoS he would withdraw was the one on opie. Possible that he picked up on Oman again when he started to look like a good target early on day 2.
66 - appears to jump on board the G2 as SK wagon without a second thought.
67 - says he thinks Adel is town unless G2 is mafia (asked her a lot of probing questions if this is the case). Bit of number-crunching to attempt to justify non-G2 lynch. No more posts after this on day 2.

Day 3

68 - "Okay, there goes one of my top suspects" - is this referring to Adel?
69 - questions Xyl's bringing up day 1 lynch WIFOM
71 - votes Xyl (1st vote on him) for kill speculation (no mention of prior suspicion here)
72 - thinks Xyl is scum with Oman
74 - wishy washy on reasons for lynching Xyl before Oman, but thinks it gives more info
79 - "I can't see a mass claim helping that much, but I don't see it really hurting either at this point."
81 - more attack on Xyl
84 - ok with Patrick vigging Oman if Xyl is scum

Day 4

Go read it yourself. :P

Summary

I'm not fond of Matt's pattern of play for the first two days, when he moved his vote around a fair bit, sticking to wagons that had support from others and never really pushing any of them particularly hard. Adel and Oman, in particular, were subject to variations in his opinion which coincided somewhat with their chances of being lynched. His interactions with Xyl and CO on days 1 and 2 were somewhat adversarial without being dangerously so. I could see him as potential scum based on my usual scumtells.

The other thing that really caught my eye was his play on day 3. His attack on Xyl for a relatively minor tell (kill WIFOM) was far more strident and confident than anything he'd done to that point in the game, and he seemed to have trouble getting his story straight about why Xyl should be lynched before Oman. I can definitely see the building blocks of a scum plan here - Xyl knew that he would probably be lynched on one of the next two days, and decided to make his buddy look good on the way out. Matt had said in 67 that Adel was "fairly likely" to be G2's buddy if he were mafia, so she needed to be out of the way so that he could go after Xyl full force.

Obviously this is all a little conspiritorial, but I see it as a plausible scenario. With Xyl under heavy suspicion and Matt relatively in the clear, the scum may well have seen a bus as their best chance of getting a win.

I need to finish re-reading Jitsu before I vote, but at this point I'd say that Matt is looking like a very good suspect.
V/LA most weekends.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:09 am

Post by Jitsu »

I'm not terribly impressed with Matt's conclusions, but there is something worth defending, so I'll speak to that. My playstyle has been to attack hard when I feel I have a good case and sit back and gather more information when my case is weak. Xylthixlm looked okay to me to me early on Day 1, as he attacked Matt for his wishy-washy responses and seemed to treat Guardian fairly. Xylthixlm started to stink to me when he declared Guardian town because of two fairly insignificant posts in a sea of suspicious ones. Then Xyl admitted fighting against the Guardian lynch because he thought he was town. And finally Xyl jumped on the Opie wagon in a scummy way, and jumped off in a scummier way. But at that point, my attention was focused more on Guardian1 and ChaosOmega. As I said, rereading Day 1 with all the revealed alignments let me see a lot of things I didn't pick up on the first time around.

I don't read too much into who Erg0 voted at the end of D1. Erg0 suspected CO, Xyl, and Oman and made his opinions known. He couldn't really go after all three, as it's counterproductive. He had to pick one to go after, and he did. Matt says that Erg0's interaction with Xylthixlm was odd, considering that he was one of Erg0's suspects? That's quite the hypocritical statement considering Matt and Xylthixlm's interactions with each other.

In response to Erg0's opinion of Day 2, I don't believe in "free" days, especially when we are down three townies on the morning of D2. I believe that when discussion stagnates, no more information comes out, and that the information from the previous day has been adequately discussed, then it is time to move on. Not before. We only get so many days as town, and I believe in making the most of them, when there are more people around to get opinions from and interactions with. I think there does exist a point when you can talk too long, as even innocent townies can get bored/disgusted and an honest desire to see the day want to end can be misinterpreted. But we weren't anywhere near that point in D2 when I fought to stop the ChaosOmega lynch. My attitude was that ChaosOmega was already on Death Row at that point, and we only needed to decide it was time to pull the trigger. While I don't advocate letting "confirmed scum" live, allowing the day to last a little longer to give scumbuddies a chance to distance or bus him is usually not a bad idea. Case in point, the additional discussion probably helped to implicate Xylthixlm for Day 3. I don't really consider this much of a scumtell on Erg0 though.

Also, on Day 2, I was kind of distracted by Adel. She was votehopping a lot, several orders of magnitude more than in our previous game (Underground Mafia), where her suspicions were a lot more consistent. She didn't give a lot of reasons for her votes, and some of the ones she did give were kind of weak. I couldn't quite figure out how she fit into the scum picture though, which was confusing me. Now that I look back at it, Adel's declaration to let Guardian2 direct her vote could very well have been a trap to see who would fall for it. Who was it that bit at the idea? It was Matt. I really cannot see why a townie would want to let a confirmed scum direct their vote, other than as a gambit. Matt says that he was impressed with Adel and trusted her. Given Adel's random lynch Day 1 and her votehopping on Day 2, would it not have been wise to not fully trust Adel at that point? I certainly don't think anyone else was trusting her.

I think I've already covered my opinion on why I thought there was an SK. I don't think my logic as to why there was an SK in the game was awful -- I just made a wrong guess about the setup. I thought that the Mod would be a more likely to have an SK as opposed to a Vig -- given the presence of a tracker and watcher, I thought having more scum power and an SK would make more sense, since town power roles (especially a Vig) would be likely to catch flak from the watcher/tracker. I could easily see a "I am a tracker and I have you targeting the person that died last night. Do you confirm or deny this?" situation occurring.

And as far as Day 3 went, once Patrick claimed and the likelihood of an SK dropped to near zero, the setup was relatively easy to figure out from there. With the correct setup in mind, things dropped into place for me, and it was a pretty easy decision to jump on Xylthixlm.
Patrick wrote:Matt is still my preferred lynch today, and I don't like the vague nature of his attacks on Erg0 in particular. I feel like he's reaching to try to discredit both Jitsu and Erg0, which may indicate he's a mafia goon. Of course, a townie may try and ensure both the other suspects are killed too, to ensure a town win, so it's mostly just a gut feeling. If Matt is lynched as town today, I'd be vigging Jitsu if not roleblocked.
I feel very, very good that Matt is the last scum, so I certainly endorse his lynch. His analysis really does not have a lot of substance in it at all, and it seems to me that he is being extremely cautious with it so that he doesn't make a blunder that will cost him the game. His observations are fine, but there's no teeth to his conclusions. Nearly every conclusion he's made seems to be qualified by something like "but that may not mean anything". I do agree with Erg0's latest analysis and conclusions on Matt. Matt's interactions with Xyl on D1 are quite suspicious, and I do agree with Erg0's conclusion that Matt's interaction with Xyl early on Day 3 looks fake and scripted (I mentioned that in my analysis earlier, actually). Erg0's explanation of why Adel needed to die is also plausible.

I know that Patrick is looking for some kind of response from me on his last sentence here, but I really don't know what to say. I obviously disagree with the plan to vig me, but I can't blame you for it. If Matt is lynched and comes up town, then we're screwed, because I cannot make a case against Erg0 (or you). How do you make a case on someone that you are pretty convinced is townie? I honestly tried to look at Erg0 really hard and make a case that he knew too much too early, that he wanted to end the day quickly on D2, and so on, but even I don't believe he's scum. If you compare Erg0 and I head-to-head in this game, then Erg0 is the one that looks less scummy. I really can't argue with that.

All three of Erg0, Matt, and I have named CO and Xyl in our top three sometime during the game (Erg0 in 510 and myself in 693, and Matt in 749), so assuming that there is only one scum remaining, that scum had to have bussed both his partners at some point. The fact that Matt did it only after others expressed their opinions makes his the most suspect. I think by far the most likely scenario is that Erg0 is also telling the truth and Matt is our last scum. But the power here is not in my hands. It is up to Patrick and Erg0 to choose.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Matt_S »

Given Adel's random lynch Day 1 and her votehopping on Day 2, would it not have been wise to not fully trust Adel at that point?
Am I the only one who saw Xylthixlm push so hard for Adel's lynch? Am I the only one who thought that was scummy? Am I the only one who then believed Adel was attracting scum?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

(2) think very hard;
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Patrick »

I've kind of broken a part of my glasses, making them nearly impossible to wear, so I can't do anything serious here until Thursday night or Friday when I get my spares. Apologies for being useless.

Jitsu, I was looking more for Matt's comment on my choice of vig than yours, though you did react more or less how I expected. I think if you're scum you're more likely a roleblocker than goon, because you haven't tried to discredit Erg0 in anyway.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:08 pm

Post by Jitsu »

Matt_S wrote:Am I the only one who saw Xylthixlm push so hard for Adel's lynch? Am I the only one who thought that was scummy? Am I the only one who then believed Adel was attracting scum?
No, no, and no.

I did see Xylthixlm pushing hard for Adel's lynch and I did think that was scummy -- I thought Xylthixlm was scummy even before that. But you're saying that we should have trusted Adel because a scummy person attacked her hard? Using that to lean toward her being town would have been reasonable.

But regardless of how much you trusted her, allowing a (virtually) confirmed scum to help you scumhunt is something that should as least make you think twice about her motives. However, you appeared to dive right in.

And finally, I completely agree that Adel's plays attract scum. And I do believe she did attractetd one with her gambit there -- you.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:32 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Jitsu

Day 1

2 - questions Xyl's (somewhat flippant) "arbitrary daykills" comment
4 - fine with it after Xyl's explanation
5 - FoSes Oman for faked dayvig
6 - responds to Guardian1's request for comments on me, finds me pro-town, votes Oman (2nd on him)
7 - likes opie's case against G1 for pushing my wagon
8 - questions G1 on Oman
10 - has realised Oman's dayvig was a joke
12 - attacks Oman's case for voting me
13 - drops back from case against Oman, now treating wagon as random (this was the post that caught my eye on day 1). Kinda wishy washy round-up of opie, G1 and Oman. Talks about Adel's models for a bit, asks her about Oman and opie.
16 - Responds to Incog's questioning his backdown. Will comment on this below. Is suspicious of opie, G1 and Oman at this point.
17 - suspicious of Matt's "opie trying hard" post
19 - response to my suspicions, basically says to read 16 rather than 13 for Oman/G1 stuff and sticks to 13 for opie stuff.
20 - asks a few people questions
21 - unvotes Oman
24 - defence against G1, a lot of talk about being in the spotlight and meta (first time nerves?)
30 - asks G1 for a case on opie
33 - starts chasing G1 a bit
35 - votes G1 (3rd vote)
37 - questions CO on not voting G1
39 - "I'm almost certain Guardian is scum now", unsure on opie, thinks Adel is likely town, reluctant to move vote from G1
40 - thinks of Xyl as town
41 - thinks opie is scummy, but not G1's partner. CO is next suspect (decent case).
47 - challenges Xyl on apparent flip-flop on G1 (turns out to be a misunderstanding)
49 - suspicious of Xyl and CO, but wants to lynch G1

Day 2

52 - wants to slow down the CO wagon and discuss opie lynch - correctly concludes that the wagon was full of scum (town points for wanting to discuss this at this point)
53 - questions Adel on various things
58 - focuses on Oman, Xyl and CO after Adel's declaration that opie wagon was random
63 - roundup of players, good points against Xyl and CO here
69 - indicates that he thinks CO is more likely mafia than SK
76 - comments on potential LyLo situation if SK is present
77 - goes after G2 hard (fairly obvious points, but he's done his homework)
78 - mild suspicion of Matt_S
81 - "If my calculations are right, the optimal play is for the town to lynch a mafioso today, and not the SK." (before G2's SK claim)
84 - first post after SK claim - wants to hear from Adel but doesn't give own opinion
86 - questioning G2 on kills and kill methods, says he was holding back until getting info
89 - scenarios - throws in mention of possible mafia roleblocker(?). Mentions Xyl as possible SK. This whole post assumes that we have an SK, as do the next few. I end up agreeing with most of these conclusions in my own analysis later in the day.
97 - suspicion has moved to G2/Oman/Adel scumteam, Xyl 4th and Matt 5th.

Day 3

98 - thinks Oman/Xyl scumteam (Oman over Xyl), Matt_S as possible SK. "If we want to stay in control of our destiny, we need to lynch the SK (presuming there is one)."
102 - agrees with Xyl's earlier statement that there's probably a RB (hmmmm). THinks there is probably an SK based on revealed roles.
103 - mentions that he hadn't considered an unkillable GF
106 - opposed to a massclaim
110 - answers question from Xyl on setup scenarios. "For this specific point in this game, not knowing who the second killer is what concerns me most."
111 - wants claim from Xyl before he votes him
112 - supports killing Oman if Xyl is scum
114 - votes Xyl (L-1) after noticing Oman's vote didn't count

Summary

There's very little that I don't like about Jitsu's play in this game. The flip on day 1 was notable, but re-reading it now I can see that he took a similarly serious stance on Xyl's early "arbitrary" comment, and his explanation is a little better than I thought it was at the time. In his favour, he committed to his votes and pushed the wagons of the players that he voted. His sticky vote on Guardian1 is consistent with his earlier comments, and he showed supicion of Xyl just before deadline, at a time when I would not expect scum to suddenly decide to bus their other partner. Similarly, his post 52 raises strong points against Xyl in the face of the fast wagon on CO.

I'm slightly concerned about the fact that he never voted on day 2 and didn't vote on day 3 until Xyl was practically lynched, but given his tendency to raise good points against both lynched scum, I'd have expected him to follow up with an early vote once he'd committed to bussing them. The other thing that worries me a little is that he starts to drift slightly off course towards the end of day 2, dropping Xyl down his list in favour of Adel and then saying early on day 3 that we should be going after the SK as well as pushing on the identity of the second killer. This pings my scumdar a little, but not anywhere near as much as Matt_S' play. There are a couple of other posts noted above that make me wonder a bit, but nothing as substantial as I saw from Matt.

It's clear throughout the game that Jitsu's really reading others' posts in detail and probing on points of interest. If he's scum then he's doing one of the best townie impressions I've seen in a while, and would have to have planned exceptionally well for exactly the scenario that we're in now. Matt looks far more like scum scrambling to recover from a bad start for the team, whereas Jitsu would have to be scum that has read the flow of the game very well and stayed one step ahead at all times. I find the former more likely than the latter at this point.

Vote: Matt_S

With regard to Patrick's post above, if Jitsu's a mafia roleblocker then he'd have no need to ask for a massclaim at the start of the day today, since he could just block the vig and kill the other townie for the win tonight. I'm hoping this means that we can still pull this off if we're wrong about Matt. I have a good feeling about this vote, though.
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Matt_S wrote:
Given Adel's random lynch Day 1 and her votehopping on Day 2, would it not have been wise to not fully trust Adel at that point?
Am I the only one who saw Xylthixlm push so hard for Adel's lynch? Am I the only one who thought that was scummy? Am I the only one who then believed Adel was attracting scum?
This doesn't really add up with your behaviour on day 2, where you voted Adel in the middle of the day. Also, you never mentioned this at all when voting for Xyl on day 3. This strikes me as somewhat revisionist.
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:23 am

Post by Patrick »

Matt, I'm considering hammering you, glasses or not. If you've got anything to say, now would be the time.
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Matt_S »

Erg0 wrote:
Matt_S wrote:
This doesn't really add up with your behaviour on day 2, where you voted Adel in the middle of the day. Also, you never mentioned this at all when voting for Xyl on day 3. This strikes me as somewhat revisionist.
Day 2 Adel was doing crazy stuff. Adel confused me with the vote proxy thing. Xylthixlm pushed for an Adel lynch based on basically Lynch All Liars. I saw that as Xylthixlmscum trying to lynch Adeltown. I became suspicious of Adel when I read the end of the day because of her flipflopping, but when she turned up town, I looked back at those who attacked her. Xylthixlm was the person who came up. However, "attacking the scummy townie" would have been piss poor evidence. Then Xylthixlm brought up some WIFOM reasons for Oman being town. That's when I voted Xylthixlm.

@Patrick: Are you still going to vig Jitsu?
Show

(2) think very hard;
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:49 am

Post by Patrick »

Matt_S wrote:@Patrick: Are you still going to vig Jitsu?
If you're innocent then that would be the plan, yes.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:43 pm

Post by Patrick »

Meh. I was going to wait a little but I think I'm mostly just delaying the inevitable if I do. I don't think I'll change my mind.

Vote: Matt_S
. If Erg0 is scum then we never really had a chance today, if Jitsu is a mafia roleblocker then he's done enough to win the game.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Erg0 »

/bates breath.

The delay in hammering makes me 99% sure that Patrick's
not
an SK, unless he was just screwing with us for funsies. This is A Good Thing.
V/LA most weekends.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Jitsu »

Agreed. I am town, so if Erg0 is also, I think we've got it. Man, lynching three scum in a row would be a really sweet way to end this game.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by vollkan »

Matt_S trembled as he entered the town hall for the fourth, and what would be his final day. He’d seen the town identify his colleagues – Guardian and Xylthixlm – and knew he faced formidable odds. If he ran away, the town would know he was guilty; the only option was to hope that the town’s stream of success ran dry.

Matt_S realised his folly in attending the meeting very shortly after arriving. The town was, indeed, out for blood, and Matt_S was their target. He fiddled nervously with the vial of poison in his pocket as the town set their sights upon him. When the final vote fell, he gave in and, before the town could stop him, Matt_S emptied the contents of the vial into his mouth. Knowing that Incognito had been poisoned the night before, the town surmised, correctly, that the scum had lost.
Matt_S,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched D4
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by Patrick »

Not an SK guys.

:P
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Nice! :D
V/LA most weekends.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:27 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Also: Sorry, Oman. :oops:
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Patrick »

I'm very happy with this game. Very happy with my scumhunting, just a shame I had to kill a protown powerole on night 1. Sorry about that Guardian. It just seemed like a good practical kill. It was my first time as a vig.

Regarding the setup, I think it was reasonably balanced, whilst at the same time not being too boring, but if I had to lean one way I'd say it favoured the town. A mafia roleblocker might have been a good addition here. Thanks to vollkan for modding and letting me into this game -- the standard of play was really good and it was a full blooded fight. Really well played by lots of people here.

I'd be interested to know the rationale behind the scum nightkills, and whether our little theory about Matt's day 3 vote on Xylthixlm being planned was correct.

I was so nervous in hammering Matt less than an hour ago. I was really struggling to see either Erg0 or Jitsu's play coming from scum, but typical paranoia always sets in x_x

Great game guys.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by Patrick »

Mod
: The first post has Matt_S as replacing ChaosOmega. I'm pretty sure that's not right.

Was the kill flavour just jumbled at random, or was there a specific flavour for each mafia member?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:32 pm

Post by vollkan »

Congratulations to the town on their win, and thanks to everybody for making my first game as a mod so easy (only two replacements and very little lurking), and of such a high standard.

The set-up, in case you were wondering (and are too lazy to visit page 1):
Town

pickemgenius
Tracker
[/color]
Guardian
Watcher
[/color]
Patrick
Vigilante
[/color]
Adel
Townie
[/color]
Oman
Townie
[/color]
opie
Townie
[/color]
Erg0
Townie
[/color]
Jitsu
Townie
[/color]
Incognito
Townie
[/color]

Scum

Xylthixlm
Godfather
[/color]
Guardian II
Goon
[/color]
Matt_S
Goon
[/color]

I have a few questions, for anybody who wouldn't mind answering:
1) Was the setup balanced? Or, rather, would it have been balanced if the tracker and watcher didn't die before doing anything :P?
2) I basically came up with my nightkill MOs on a whim. As in, there was nothing systematic about them; it was just me trying to have fun with the deaths. Was that appropriate?
3) Vote-counts. Did my system of having the top-of-page counts and the first page collection work well?
4) Anything else?

In terms of night choices:
Night One

PEG got killed by Mafia (Matt_S).
Guardian was killed by Patrick
(PEG tracked Incognito)
(Guardian watched Patrick) -
somewhat amusingly

Night Two

Patrick targets Xylthixlm, who was a NK immune GF, as you all worked out
Adel was killed by mafia (Matt_S)

Night Three

Patrick kills Oman
Matt_S kills Incognito

Here is Oman's explanation when I questioned him about his tracker claim:
Oman wrote: I was trying to draw the NK, whilst giving me an out if neccesary. Basically, I expected the mafia to NK me and pat to vig me. With Xyl claiming nurse, it meant that the mafia knew a doctor existed. I was going to claim cop so that I definatly got the protect (and then the mafia NK would bounce off me anyway). However the risk of claiming cop and outing the real one was too high.

Then I claimed the next best thing: tracker!

Oh fuck, there already is a tracker, I thought that was CKD's cult mafia....

Well...uh...draw the NK.

And that was how my perfect plan failed.
That gave me much amusement :lol:

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”