Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #833 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:33 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I need to reread. Given the current deadline, I'm unlikely to be able to make any substantial contribution before night falls.

Mod: Can we have a deadline extension?
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #842 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:42 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

After reviewing the thread:

If roland and xyzzy don't show up in the thread and aren't replaced, then the most likely explanations are 1) roland and xyzzy are actively lurking or 2) we're dealing with mod interference for the sake of game balance. Either of these strongly implies that the offending players are scum.

As such, if xyzzy and roland don't show up and aren't replaced, we lynch them. Period.

Unvote, Vote: Roland
pending posts or mod action.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #858 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:58 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

I AGREE WITH MOS.

Unvote, Vote: Xyzzy

ALSO, POSTING IN ALL CAPS IS TECH. OBVOBVOBV.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #871 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:34 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Andy, quit stalling and claim your items already.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #880 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:12 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Did you drop any items?
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #982 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:38 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

tautology wrote:Kinetic, even though you didn't vote me that's still pretty OMGUS. Tautscum, really? That's a new one. You've overreacted from a vote a couple times this game often enough that it seems like a pattern.
This in an incredibly defensive post, and almost voteworthy on its own...
tautology wrote:
Jex wrote: I was talking about the Andy thing, not the BM thing. You put practically the same sentence as the guy before you.

And I was saying that while, yes, that sentence wasn't anything more than "I agree" the post wasn't devoid of meaning.

About the Kinetic thing: Upon a reread it wasn't as bad as I thought. Most of it was the way he was dismissive about Ibby giving her item away. After discussion it turned out to not be a big deal, but "that's the way she is" isn't an adequate justification for behavior which would benefit scum more than town.

I'm still getting a manipulative vibe from Kinetic though, like he's trying to stay in the good favor of enough players to avoid scrutiny. I don't really like the way he's making personal attacks on BM either, but maybe that's just a stylistic issue.

Post 574 still bugs me as well as the way Kinetic reacted to BM voting him way back in post 133. It's small, but it seems like a reaction from someone who's worried about even the slightest negative attention.

Speaking of Battle Mage, it is interesting to note how closely he's been copying MoS. Both pushed for the item claim, but more importantly both are hoarding items. Did they both get the same idea? Sounds like BM was more successful than MoS in actually acquiring items, but we don't have an inventory claim yet, do we?

I think there are a few things we should keep in mind regarding the items:

First, what items have hit the ground but are still unaccounted for in the claim?

Assuming everyone has a shop, how many items have never been seen?

On the first page there's a list of four destroyed drugs in the "Back Alley." What's the significance of that?

And how about:
The Freaktown Sun-Times wrote:
Mafia seen in nearby stores giving each other objects.
tautology wrote:That makes sense. I guess "Painkillers" was the most innocent of the options then for his shop. That's pretty much what the "Night 1" post implies, I must have missed it the first time around.

Also, Pizza is on the destroyed list. What happened there?
... and tautology follows up with a bunch of questions that give me the impression that he's fishing and trying to divert the town from scumhunting.

That's voteworthy.

Unvote, Vote: tautology
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1008 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 18, 2007 3:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

the silent speaker wrote:Not every reciprocal suspicion is OMGUS, MOS. One could just as easily ask why you are so desperate to defend Kilroy.

I think Kilroy is scummy for his actions, and even in the event that he turns up town, there will be a
lot
of information from his lynch, both from the people on (and off) his bandwagon and the interactions between him and other people early in the game. With the deadline in two days,
unvote, vote: Kilroy
. I have no strong opinion on Tautology either way but I don't expect him to get nine votes before deadline.
It's been a long time since I've seen the "information lynch" argument. I consider it a strong scumtell (it absolutely reeks of scum trying to push along a townie mislynch without getting called on it).

Heck, I consider it voteworthy.

Unvote, Vote: TSS
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1085 (isolation #7) » Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:21 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

I'm here, been prodded, short on time and probably won't be able to make quality posts for a while.

Thought - should we mass item claim again?
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1166 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:51 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Urk. I've been too busy to post here lately, it seems. I remember feeling that TSS looked scummy for some reason, but I can't remember why. I'll have to look back and see if I can find why, but that has to wait for a couple of days (end of semester is a pain).
FoS: TSS

MoS's Bah post is also bugging me for some reason, but I can't put my finger on it. Something that I shouldn't concern myself with, probably.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1240 (isolation #9) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:27 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Here, desperately need to reread.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1251 (isolation #10) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

JDodge wrote:i too am here, don't kill me
Actually, come to think of it, killing you might be a good idea. You don't have many tells, but posting lots of questions and insults without much actual scumhunting seems fairly reliable (your version of IIoA).

If you've been scumhunting in this game, then I'm blind, because I'm having trouble finding it.

Vote: JDodge
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1316 (isolation #11) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

A couple of things just showed up that are far more concerning to me than JDodge (or taut, for that matter).
Unvote
pending answers to some questions.

Soupfly, I want you to explicitly state which stores you think are scum stores and why. You have absolutely no reason not to do so if you are town. Saying "reread if you don't know which" just won't cut it for me - if you are pointing out specific stores as scum stores using the justification I think you're using, then the most logical conclusion for me is that you are scum trying to trick the town into outing power shops. I will fully explain the reasoning for this request after you have explained your thoughts.

Holy, your recent posts analyzing the item/shop situation is pinging my scumdar. I would like you to list the three players you think are most likely to be scum, with reasons.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1331 (isolation #12) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Holy wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:Holy, your recent posts analyzing the item/shop situation is pinging my scumdar. I would like you to list the three players you think are most likely to be scum, with reasons.
Tar, the situation even though we're on Day 3, are still confusing. We don't know whether we have succeed lynched a scum or not, and how many scum were eliminated after the mod kill. Also, the newspaper didn't help us much until now, the information of BM's and MoS' alignment is quite helpful to me.
With that unclear-ness, I want to share part of my list to the town and see maybe someone is able to draw a connection from it to something helpful. Noticed, I only shared the list of the dead people plus some thoughts and their said items (list 1), and drawing possibly connection from a
weird occurrence
on a dead player item list to another player who coincidentally was also dead (list 2).
Actually, I made 1 mistake on each of my list, but it was minor, so I don't feel the need to correct them hastily, and also don't feel like I want to share more than the info of the dead, at least for now.

So far, from the beginning of Day 3 until now, you didn't show any good interest at all with these unclear-ness by engaging with some players for more elaborated views of why you think it was crappy or maybe it was make sense after all. But you just jumped and ready to take person by person down from your so-called logic. And with my vote on taut already, I guess I already give you enough hint of my top two suspects, don't I?
Holy, what drew my eye to you was the fact that you've been making long posts about game theory today, but I haven't seen much analysis of players. That raises the possibility of the IIoA tell (information instead of analysis, where scum talk about game theory in order to avoid taking a potentially unpopular stand on another player). Your failure to provide a third scum candidate and minimal explanation of why you think tautology is scum do not help your case.

That said, you're definitely not the scummiest player right now, for two reasons.

Reason #2: Kinetic, who just jumped up my scumdar considerably. Seriously, jumping out to defend a newer player by attacking the person who questioned her? That's one of the biggest tells in my book - when I've seen players act like you just did, they have usually been scum (either defending a buddy or trying to pick up a pet townie).

As for the "why don't you give your own Top 3 Scum List"... um, because I wanted to give two of my top suspects a chance to explain themselves to make sure that I wasn't misinterpreting their actions? Because I wanted to see who Holy was suspicious of other than taut (with an eye out for unique targets) and the reasoning behind her belief that Taut is scum before I called IIoA on her? Because I needed to confirm that soupfly's logic for the item claim was scumlogic (after all, he might have seen something I had not...)?

Finally, don't try to claim "hey look, I'm UNK, I must be town!". I've seen a few too many UNK scum for me to trust that claim without reservations (and I won't discount the possibility that you're scum trying to avoid being vigged tonight).

Even with those problems, however, there is someone even more likely to be scum in the game...

Reason #1: Soupfly, who has just proven that I had very good cause to ask him for his reasoning. I asked him to elaborate on why he thought certain stores were scum because
the only references to scum stores among living players that I could find came from the Mafia Courier-Journal, aka the completely unreliable scum-written newspaper
, and Soupfly just confirmed that the Courier-Journal was, in fact, the source for all but one of his claimed scum stores. You then claim that it is a known fact that these stores belong to scum. Considering the source, I call bullshit.

I can see clear scum motivations for wanting to know which players have which stores. Take a look at the opening post - notice how the tech stores tend to drop items that have an inherent effect, such as email, messenger, and spam? Not to mention the winery and distillery - I would think that double vote would be a strong incentive for scum to try to get their hands on alcohol (not to mention the possibility of scum having kids if we have coed scum groups). Any of the remaining unclaimed tech/alcohol stores (Best Buy and Google are probably tech stores, and Winery/Distillery are practically guaranteed to have alcohol) would be golden targets for scum trying to get their hands on good items. I can't see a similar motivation for town to want to out the big stores.

Top 3 Scum List:
Soupfly
Kinetic
Holy

Dishonorable Mention: JDodge (he tunnel-visioned on BM, but he's nowhere near as bad as some other players)

Vote: Soupfly, FoS: Kinetic, FoS: Holy
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1358 (isolation #13) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Andycyca wrote:OK I have 10 minutes of internet access right now, so this'll be quick

I own the Music store (or whatever is called) It spawns musical instruments: bass, guitar, drum, flute, trombone.

More tomorrow
Hmm. I still don't like the store claim, but so long as the information is out in the open I might as well take advantage of it.

Andy, if you've got a Guitar lying around and you trust me, would you mind giving it to me? That would give me enough of my item goals to power up my primary ability. (Same applies for anyone with a Mars Volta or Caviler who trusts me.)
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1400 (isolation #14) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

/post

No time to say more now, due to access problems, but I need to make a big post in the near future.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1411 (isolation #15) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:59 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Finally have time to make my infodump.

I'm a vig (possibly not the only vig, my kill is fairly difficult to power up - it only comes online when I have 3 of my needed items). In exchange for the difficulty in powering up my kill, I have access to Google (one of the tech stores, which can provide 3 items with inherent powers - Spam, Messenger, and Mail) - and yes, this is the reason why I was so sure yesterday that the tech stores were power stores.

Andycyca gave me a Guitar last night, which gave me 3 of my 5 item goals (Blockus, picked up by my predecessor Day 1; Caviler, which I picked up Day 2 [I thought I had The Office, my fifth item goal, instead, but I was mistaken], and the aforementioned Guitar) powered up my full set of abilities prior to my second night action (I used a Spam on Tautology as my first night action). I decided to use my ability to kill JDodge, as he still bothered me after yesterday's events (this may have been stupid, in hindsight, since there was a UNK claim that I could have tested, but oh well), so that accounts for one of the kills.

More importantly, however, I learned exactly how the abilities tied to having 3 items work. To paraphrase:

- The destroy item ability does just what it says on the tin, but can only target items that are either already in your possession or laying on the ground (I could have used this ability to destroy the YouTube in my possession or the Seinfeld DVD laying on the ground, but not to destroy, say, a Guitar in Andycyca's possession).

The steal item ability is more interesting. It can target an item laying on the ground, another player, or an destroyed item, with the caveat that fragile items may be broken during the theft.

- Stealing an item on the ground works is basically the nighttime equivalent of grabbing an item during the day.

- Stealing an item off of another player can target either an item and a player or just a player. Targeting the item gets you either the targeted item or nothing, depending on whether the targeted player had that item. Targeting just the player gets a random item from that player.

- Stealing a destroyed item is the most interesting, as it allows you to resurrect an item from the destroyed items list for your personal use (with the caveat that certain fragile items simply cannot be resurrected).

Now that I've done what I can to shed some light on the setup, I need to think about who is most likely to be scum. If I can wrangle it (V/LA), I'll post a summary of my thoughts on everyone before deadline.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1423 (isolation #16) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

tautology wrote:Why exactly am I still getting flak for the day one inventory claim? I was pro-claim and when it came to my turn disclosed my inventory. When asked, I said that that I indeed pull an item out of a shop and dropped it.

I'm glad we're starting to get information out there, but there's not much in the way of suspicious behavior. I don't have any reason to distrust the claims that have been given, either.
I don't like the timing on this post - it reeks of active lurking.

With so little time until deadline and so few active players, I'll go ahead and
Vote: taut
. It's not a perfect lynch, IMO, but it is our best shot at having a lynch today, and a lynch is something worth voting for.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1430 (isolation #17) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Something just caught my eye.

Holy, does your role say anything about the maximum number of night actions you can make each night? I ask because I'm seeing an inconsistency right now (won't elaborate until after you answer, because elaborating negates the question), and it's giving me the impression that you are scum.

Unvote, Vote: Holy

If you don't answer by deadline, then you'll probably get my vig tonight.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1443 (isolation #18) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:24 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

First, time for an infodump.

Let's see: I threatened to vig Holy in my post 1430 (I thought I saw a contradiction in her 1426, where she claimed to have passed 4 items on N4, which is impossible barring special role mechanics) and Holy turned up dead this morning. It really shouldn't come as much of a surprise that I vigged Holy last night.

In other news, I now have 3 item goals + alcohol (just snagged the Gummy Bear Wine) and a shiny new Mayorship in Lexington. Yay for double vote. (I also have a full inventory, courtesy of someone who passed me Goatse last night - I jettisoned the YouTube to clear out space.)

Third: Given the past headlines, I suspect that the headlines match to newspapers as follows: "Drunk Disturbs Town" = Enquirer, "Editor Missing" = Sun-Times, "Alex Confirmed Mafia from Investigation" = Mafia Courier-Journal, "Freaktown has 4 Scum Left" = special LyLo or 1-day-from-LyLo notification. The last one is important, because at this point I think we're dealing with 3 scum and an SK - if we mislynch and the scum don't crosskill or doublekill, mafia can win the game tonight. Speaking of that, I won't be using my vig tonight.

Now that all the setup commentary is out of the way, time to start scumhunting. Taut is currently my top suspect, but I want to be more sure - I'll reread tomorrow and see if I've missed anything blatantly obvious.

One other thing that we need to think about, and soon - since we're so close to LyLo, a mass claim may be in order.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1456 (isolation #19) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

It's over. Stand down, humans.

Mod:
I have double vote now, correct?

Vote: Tautology, Vote: Tautology
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1470 (isolation #20) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

elvis_knits wrote:
Tarhalindur wrote:
It's over. Stand down, humans.
Just wondering wtf Tar meant by this...
It was a big fat clue that I am, in fact, a member of a Mafia. In addition to the two kills I claimed (wasn't lying about those!), my predecessor was responsible for the Soupfly kill on N1, and I killed the original MoS N2 (and he'll probably be dead tonight, too).

At this point, the game will be decided by whether we can take out the one ability preventing our victory before Kinetic can lynch all of us (and the SK, since I am inclined to believe that there is one in the game).

I'm going to make this as clear as I can, because I see no point in not doing so:

- There are, as far as I can tell, currently 3 Mafiosos and 1 unknown anti-town neutral in the game.
- As a Mafioso, it is blatantly clear to me that my Mafia was not the only Mafia, and that Alex's Ladies Mafia was, in fact, a Mafia faction consisting of the three female roles modkilled on Day 3: IH, FaerieLord, and MafiaSSK . Why? Well, my mafia's name is effectively "Mafia #2", and it consists of three players.
- Each individual Mafioso has the capability to make a kill - mine powered up N1, and my partners' kills powered up N4. There are only 2 kills that I cannot account for after taking my group's kills into account: the Derrick kill N3 (presumably the work of Alex's Ladies Mafia) and the attempted Kinetic kill last night (which means that the surviving Neutral is probably an SK, or else that Kinetic is actually the Cult Leader).
- All Mafia roles are identical except for the available shop. No Godfathers, Roleblockers, or other nonsense, as far as I can tell.
- If there is an SK in the game, then Elvis Knits is almost certainly the SK (noah has been inactive and thus probably did not kill, Kinetic is unlikely to be SK (though I will not rule out Cult Leader), and both Armlx and MoS are children and could not have killed (or been killed, I checked) last night.
- I am one of the fathers.
- Whoever has Best Buy needs to claim immediately. I think I know who that store belongs to, but I'm not sure. I will explain why I asked later.

Now, I am going to test Kinetic's claimed ability, since if he is in fact lying then we should win the game.

Vote: Kinetic, Vote: Kinetic
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1475 (isolation #21) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

noah hanson wrote:the only reason i have been inactive Tar is due to the fact that i have missed the cyclers due to another game i am playing on another site. I am here now and i am town in fact i am just nothing important to be completely honest.

FoS: Tarhalindur

I have a life outside of this game and i am now going to be as active as i can possibly be. I think it is odd that you wave that finger at me without giving me a chance to talk or even defend myself a little. That is just a scummy move right there if you ask me.
Um, I just claimed scum, noah. Helpful scum, perhaps, but scum nonetheless.

Also, you just made yourself a completely valid candidate for being the SK.
Kinetic wrote:Interesting... Tar, are you male or female?

And since you're so forthcoming with me, I know who runs Best Buy and I'll tell you if you tell me why you want to know.
1) I'm Austin, male. I also know that Elvis is Katie, female (elvis is the mother of my child). I believe that the rest of my mafia is male, but I'm not quite sure about that.

2) Best Buy is one of only 2 surviving stores that could be a tech store, and the other one (Google) belongs to me. I suspect that all of the anti-town factions have access to a tech store (since the tech stores have items with inherent abilities, and I know our group has one), therefore I suspect that whoever has Best Buy is the surviving anti-town neutral. I believe that it is in the interest of all non-neutral players to know who the neutral is, hence my question.
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1477 (isolation #22) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:59 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Kinetic wrote:Quite the interesting little amount you've put up Tar.

A couple more questions. Why did you choose Elvis to Sexy Time with? You go out of your way to claim that Elvis is not one of your three mafia surviving, yet if you had a baby with a mafia that baby would be 100% mafia. So why would you take the chance of the baby being a townie, since if Elvis is not mafia there is a 50% chance the baby is Elvis's faction.

Who are the other two mafia if Elvis isn't. I can assume its not noah since you're attacking him so. And who is your baby, Mos or Arlex?
I had no choice in the matter. Elvis chose to have Sexy Time with me, not the other way around. Quite stupid on her part, honestly, but I guess she got lucky.

As a matter of not breaking a personal rule, I cannot answer your second question. (I believe that claiming who your scumbuddies are should be punished by modkill - take a look at the ruleset in Mini 549 if you do not believe me).

Armlx is Chris, male. That should answer your third question.

One other note that I should have brought up earlier: there IS a missing mafia kill last night, but as far as I know it should NOT have been targeted at you, Kinetic. It should have been targeted at Noah Hanson. I'm not sure what happened to it (the player assigned to execute that kill has been a bit unreliable, so the kill may not have been submitted).
User out of ambit.

Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1482 (isolation #23) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Tarhalindur »

Partners, I would like to remind you of my advice from yesterday. And expect the unexpected.

This war is only begun.
User out of ambit.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”