CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:24 am

Post by CaptainCake »

vote: Greasy Spot

Random.org has spoken and so it shall be!
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:36 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Marmalade wrote:I want to have the only username to do with food, dammit!
This is clearly a scumtell, everyone loves cake. If you don't like cake you must be scum. 8-)
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:47 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Marmalade wrote:
CaptainCake wrote:
Marmalade wrote:I want to have the only username to do with food, dammit!
This is clearly a scumtell, everyone loves cake. If you don't like cake you must be scum. 8-)
Er... good point?

But then if it's such a clear scumtell, why aren't you voting for me, hm? :wink: Oooh yeah!

Food Score:

Marmalade: 1
CaptainCake: 0

:wink:
Damn, I have been ousted!

On a serious note Johoohno has made a seemingly valid point so I think that deserves a
FoS: Johoohno
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #18 (isolation #3) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:19 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Seemingly valid point is what I said.
Johoohno wrote:I'm no big fan of random voting, meaning I'll chip in a thoroughly chosen one instead:

Vote: ZeekLTK
for being last to confirm. Scum wanting to get some extra time talking out of thread before the dawn comes.
Really all you're doing is choosing a random element and voting the player that it matches up with. I don't see the small amount of time later Zeek confirmed to be intentional. So really the last part of that post is poor poor justification for a random vote.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:20 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Not that a random vote needs justification or that I'm attacking the last part of your post.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #21 (isolation #5) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:54 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Nope, not really.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #24 (isolation #6) » Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

All I'm saying is that he's trying to justify something that doesn't need it, it just seems odd to me is all.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #30 (isolation #7) » Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:55 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

Just a little heads up for everyone, my main computer is on the verge of death (graphics card wants to burst into flames i think) so I may not be posting too frequently over the next week or so as the other computer here is mostly in use by someone else.

Now about the game: Not much to add right now, except I would like some kind of reasoning behind the FoS from IcemanE.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #37 (isolation #8) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

Johoohno wrote:Are you a sloppy reader of player posts CaptainCake?
Nope, I'm just really bad at putting my thoughts into words. So I'll try to explain properly what I was going to say about your previous post. Lets look at what you said:
Johoohno wrote:I'm no big fan of random voting, meaning I'll chip in a thoroughly chosen one instead:

Vote: ZeekLTK
for being last to confirm. Scum wanting to get some extra time talking out of thread before the dawn comes.
You start off by saying that you don't like to vote randomly and state that you have a well founded vote, followed by your vote. After follows your reasoning for choosing who to vote for.

Now lets look at the reality of the situation. In all honestly your vote is just as random as anyone's and your reasoning for choosing your random vote is that ZeekLTK is the last to confirm. As a random vote that's just fine and everything. However the part that caught me off gaurd is that you were implying your vote was not random and had some form of reason to your choice.

I have a tendacy to read too far into other's posts, so naturally that's what I did with yours. What I saw this post trying to say was, "Hey everyone, I've made a good point and I'm totally town" when really all it should have said is "random vote, nuff' said". And futher down the line I figured that post might come into play so I thought I'd point it out now just incase. I guess "I'm no big fan of random voting, meaning I'll chip in a thoroughly chosen one instead:" is the part of your post that bothered me the most, so I tossed out the FoS. I'm sure I probably shouldn't be reading too far into initial posts but it's what I do, and besides that's why I FoS'd instead of voting.

Does that help clear things up?
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:32 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

Greasy Spot wrote:
CaptainCake wrote:Just a little heads up for everyone, my main computer is on the verge of death (graphics card wants to burst into flames i think) so I may not be posting too frequently over the next week or so as the other computer here is mostly in use by someone else.

Now about the game: Not much to add right now, except I would like some kind of reasoning behind the FoS from IcemanE.
We can go ahead and make it easy on you since you are having computer problems and lynch you so you want be distracted by this game. :D
Honest and for true? That would be wonderful!

Anyways about that: I got my computer running in safe mode, so I hope reformatting will help. At least I can use it to post here again. :o
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #60 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:47 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Marmalade wrote:Also, on the CaptainCake issue, I understand his point, I just don't understand why he backed down so suddenly from it.
How have I backed down? Granted I said I may have read too far into it but I still stand by my point.
ZeekLTK wrote:Are we going to lynch ScumCake or what?
State one valid reason why I should be lynched, though I don't believe you have one aside from the potential bandwagon.

Originally I was getting a bad vibe from Greasy Spot's multiple random vote but lately he seemed to be a bit more on track. You're still on my watch list but a bit more comfortably so.

unvote

vote: ZeekLTK

If he had a valid reason to push for my lynch he wouldn't have earned my vote, pushing for a lynch with nothing to back it up doesn't seem very townlike to me.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (isolation #11) » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:46 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

ZeekLTK wrote:First, I never "rushed a lynch"; he's only got 3 votes.
Then what exactly did you try to accomplish by saying...
ZeekLTK wrote:Are we going to lynch ScumCake or what?
Just a wee bit confused here... So you're not pushing for a lynch by saying this then? Man, I must have read that backwards or something then.
ZeekLTK wrote:Second, trying to lynch Cake would only be scummy if he were town. We don't know that he's town. If he is scum, then how am I scummy for pushing for the lynch of scum?

If you are trying to say you know he's town then you must be mafia, because only the mafia know who the townies are at this point.
This just hurts my brain, please don't tell me you are trying to pass that off as logic.

First off, you are just dancing around the issue of not having a valid reason to push for a lynch. Trying to lynch someone with no evidence or proof is scummy, what their alignment is has nothing to do with it. If said person does turn out to be scum you could still have been on board for bussing, though very badly done.

It's safe to assume someone is town considering the town is the majority, even so, no one has said that they know I'm town anyways. Besides you seem pretty sure of your vote with nothing to back it up so that conveys to me that you know something the town doesn't.

But I mean all this is all a moot point because you're not rushing to lynch me right?
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #151 (isolation #12) » Tue Apr 15, 2008 4:42 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

Just a quick post to say that I won't be able to post until tommorow evening. A friend of the family died so the last few days have been hectic with no chance to read the thread.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (isolation #13) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:43 am

Post by CaptainCake »

Really sorry about not posting when I said I would, thankfully I've got the time now and haven't been replaced yet. I'm rereading right now so I should have a post shortly.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #230 (isolation #14) » Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:27 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

For most of the game I was pretty much convinced of ZeekLTK being scum, mostly because of the poor arguments he's made against those that have attacked him. I don't feel the need to point out all of the poor posts he's made. He has however at this point more or less convinced me he is town. What has changed my oppinion on his most has been the consistency of his post, many times he's been attacked for where he's playing his votes and accusations yet he still remains consistent with them. I'd think that scum would change how they make their accusations and such to fit what everyone says to be protown. I could be wrong on this but I'm fairly certain ZeekLTK is town.

Now when looking at ZeekLTK as town my other suspicions and "huh?" moments fall in line with a few those that are voting Zeek, so lets take a look at those individuals shall we?

Nano - So much lurking it hurts, and comes out just to place a vote on Zeek then disappear again. Is there any reason for this not to make me suspicious?

FaerieLord - Seems to make a habit of trying to point out Zeek's poor logic and reasoning along with being fairly useless to contributing stuff to the game in general. Most of his posts seem to be a deadend, seems odd to me. Also there is the call for the roleclaim. In general seems scummy to me.

TDC - In general solid to the point posts without much in the way of contradictions or outright accusations. Not very much to say about TDC, most likely town.

Iceman - Nothing too outstanding for most of the game, seems pretty much protown. Then he says
With a thorough reread of the game it is apparent that, while Zeek is quite suspicious, there is not enough evidence stacked up against him to justify a lynch... yet, but there is a good deal of suspicious material. I would unvote Zeek but he is currently in no apparent danger of being lynched, and I frequently look at this board, so if he gets too close I will probably pull my vote off until something very solid materializes.
So the reason you aren't unvoting him is because you don't think anyone will hammer before you can remove your vote? I just don't get it... That seems like a bad reason to not unvote if you are planning on it anyways.

I think that conversation has been focused too much on Zeek for most of the game and personally I'd like to see a bit more pressure on a few other players (nano, iceman, faerielord and TSPN come to mind). It may be just a case of disliking FaerieLord's play style but thats where I feel I should relocate my vote to, so
unvote vote:FaerieLord

And before anyone asks, no I havent dropped all of my suspicions of Zeek but he does appear more town than a few others so I beleive I can do better things with my vote at the moment.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

@TDC post 89: I didn't respond to the post because really there was nothing more to say. He's disagreeing with me because be believes his reason for his vote is valid. I already mentioned that I thought his reasoning was poor and that it was infact still a random vote. Any more posts on that topic would have been rather pointless in my oppinion and there were better topics of conversation to be had. I guess you could say I backed down but I don't see it as such, I made my point and got his view on it. Why would I have to prove that I'm right when it's a moot point?

@FaerieLord
FaerieLord wrote:I'm not going to even bother answering CaptianCake's answer. His attack on me is gut, and I really cannot defend my self against gut.
You can't explain why you seem pushy for a roleclaim?

@Iceman
icemanE wrote:Yeah, more or less. There was no imminent threat whatsoever of a hammer, so there was no need to take my vote off him, and I want my vote to sit on the person I'm most suspicious of. Additionally, while I don't necessarily call for a Zeek lynch any longer, I wouldn't be entirely opposed to it.
Fair enough.
icemanE wrote:@ Marmalade: This quote:
(In comparison to myself, for instance, since I consider Zeek to be more innocent than others because the case against him is pretty crap.)
Why do you consider Zeek innocent just because there is a bad case against him? That's not a valid reason for believing someone is innocent - just because the reason people suspect him currently is not good does not mean in any way that there are no other reasons to suspect him. Speaking for myself, I no longer think he is overly suspicious, but I think it's a bad idea to dismiss the notion altogether simply because no one has brought the right issues to the forefront. The meta that Faerie and co. have mentioned is a stronger reason, in my opinion, to tone down suspicions.
So wait... we should consider him guilty even though no one has found a good reason to say he is? Your argument is flawed. Just because people suspect him for a stupid reason doesn't mean he isn't scum therefore you should still lynch him? Why don't we just lynch you then? We don't have a valid reason but that doesn't mean there couldn't be one at some point. You can argue back but it doesn't matter becuase I swear we'll find a good reason to lynch you later. I swear you're scum, I just can't find the right issue yet...

Of course I don't think Iceman is scum but he still could be!

Now back to the realm of the sane:
I'm not a big fan of judging Zeek from other games. Play style can change and just because he was town before doesn't mean he's town now. In my oppinion the entire discussion of how he played another game is just trying to derail the town onto a pointless track.
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (isolation #16) » Thu May 01, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by CaptainCake »

icemanE wrote:What I mean is that he's so solidly fixed in my mind as being suspicious because of his inactivity and downright crapiness.
Wait... So because he's been a poor player so far he's scum, but substituting in a better player won't possibly be able to change your mind on him? Honestly that sounds like one of the worst reasons I've heard to suggest a lynch before a replacement is found.

unvote vote: icemanE
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!
CaptainCake
CaptainCake
Townie
CaptainCake
Townie
Townie

Post Post #345 (isolation #17) » Wed May 07, 2008 8:51 am

Post by CaptainCake »

FaerieLord wrote:The barning way. It doesn't sound sincere at all.
My criticism of Iceman doesn't sound sincere at all? Care to explain a little better why not? I'm just a little confused of how my vote on iceman "struck you the wrong way".
Ca-Click Click, Booyea!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”