grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (isolation #0) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by grintwig »

I am here. Give me a little time to try to catch up.
I will at least post something later tonight. (And hopefully it will make sense!)
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (isolation #1) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by grintwig »

Ok at the risk of being annoying or seeming stupid I have a few questions.
What is the point in the items?
Are you all still item claiming?
If your role requires you to interact with certain other roles how are you supposed to know who they are? (Or am I just an idiot?)
What is the purpose in collecting the items our PM says we want? If there is no "get these" and "this will happen" then is there something that will happen?
....I really need to go to bed so I can get up for work in the morning but i haven't finished all 55 pages of posts. I will try to tomorrow so I can make a meaningful vote, if there's one to be made.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (isolation #2) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by grintwig »

The player I replaced already claimed a store and I will verify that claim if needed.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by grintwig »

the silent speaker wrote:I think that claiming stores is unlikely to harm; the Courier-Journal is of course a totally unreliable source, but that cuts two ways -- we nedn't lynch someone just because they claimed for example FYE, so getting a store claim "so as to lynch the townies who own those stores" would seem to be the sort of lan that auto-backfires. That said, I think it's unlikely to gain anything significant, and have no grave objections to lynching soupfly, if necessary to have a lynch, over his presentation of the Courier-Journal as a source of information with a presumption of
validity
merely on the grounds that it hasn't already been proven false.

But there's an idea I've been turning over in my head for a while now: what do you all think of the possibility of a
claim, to ultimately facilitate sexy time? It is hardly imaginable that a claim of genders would break the game one way or the other, and it would enable townies to pick the person of suitable gender they find towniest to have their babiez and ideally increase the town-scum ratio by one.

This could also help mafia though as then they would also know the genders of players and be able to make their moves to procreate as well...but of course there is no procreating without alcohol if I remember correctly.

Also question is it the gender of the "ghost" we are possessed by that determines our gender or the gender of the actual player?

At this time I find soupfly's extreme push for store claiming to be very scummy....and since I have not had adequate time to do an in-depth read of the whole game thread for the moment (while I struggle to do a better read) I shall
Unvote VOTE: soupfly
as I have yet to see a good reason to vote taut.....that may change.
If I find anything in my reading that points to a better vote in the next few hours then I will come back and change it.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:47 am

Post by grintwig »

@ the silent speaker you need a / in your last
tag to bold the vote. (It took me awhile to get it right too!:)

I for one am not going to reveal anything that I feel might aid the mafia in their endeavors. If that makes me look suspicious then so be it. I believe the player I replaced did too much revealing. And at this time I am not repeating what was already revealed.
Last night I went back and read as much as I could and without any input from soupfly have decided to leave my vote where it is. I will try to check in a few more times before the deadline in the event that something happens that may change my vote choice.
I must admit IMO I would caution anyone to look calmly and rationally at the possible ramifications before revealing any info that could be used by the mafia to further their goals. I have to assume (at least until told otherwise by reliable sources) that any info that benefits me also benefits them....therefore I am against all claims. And if you go back enough alot has already been revealed in the thread (and I have yet to finish all of it!). According to the reliable paper the mafia is ahead and I mmust assume it is because we are helping them and hurting ourselves with the info that we have already revealed.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 am

Post by grintwig »

Wow! Did that paper just say that the "ladies" killed were mafia?!
Gonna do a re-read as I have forgotten who my suspects were...
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1385 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:25 am

Post by grintwig »

Stupid question but farside could you refresh my memory as to why you found Taut scummy. I can't remember and don't think I'll have time to go back and read 55 pages again before deadline.
I'm not so sure a deadline extension is the right idea. But I would like to ask the mod if he could reveal if we have lynched any mafia and if we have how many.....maybe we could get really lucky and find out who they were? (If we did lynch any.)
As of right now I've got nothing......
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by grintwig »

So that means the first Enquirer headlines are 100% bogus? Also, if you sent an article and it showed up in the Sun-times, this means the Sun-Times is now not as reliable as before?
That is a very good question. I would be interested in hearing the answer to it.
First things first. During the time MOS was around he was very suspicious of Taut for his role fishing. Here is what I wrote in regards to him when I entered the game.

Quote:
Tautology: In the begining was all for item claim then gives no info on item when pressed for details. Goes fishing for information on items. The one thing that bugs me is people vote and dont' remember who they are voting for. In one post he voted for Roland and said oh I meant Kilroy. Sigh... Please keep this in mind with me. If you aren't paying attention and you vote just to vote don't make this mistake it just smells of scum.
I see your point. Thanks. That does seem a little off.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1419 (isolation #8) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:18 am

Post by grintwig »

Where is Taut? And all of the others who haven't posted yet?

FOS: Tautology. Miss Moo, YagamiLight, Flameaxe, Holy, and Dark Ermac
for not posting yet.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1434 (isolation #9) » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:25 pm

Post by grintwig »

Post #1426 strikes me as quite scummy and it is lkind of funny that Holy gets so vocal shorlty after being FOS'd. So for lack of a better vote
VOTE: Holy

By the way I am not the Distiller, but you are close.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1451 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by grintwig »

I am the Wine Maker.
I had thought YagamiLight was the Distiller and so I had sent her several bottles of BearBear (the wine I make). I still have several unfermented bottles.
I also run FYE.
I am missing only one item to have the three I need but it doesn't really give me a powerful action just the ability to steal or destroy an item.
As of right now I am finding Tautology quite suspicious but would like to hear more from the players replacing in before I place a vote.
And I must admit at this stage with the possibility of a LyOrLo situation I obviously agrre with a mass claim.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1454 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:37 am

Post by grintwig »

After further review of the posts (rough scan actually) and then reading of posts 1452 and 1453 I am going to
VOTE: Tautology

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”