Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:06 am

Post by Incognito »

I think they're both lying scum for obvious reasons. We lynch Xylthixlm today and Patrick pwns the crap out of Oman tonight.

======================================================
Page 56 Votecount

Xylthixlm - 2 (Matt_S, Incognito)

Matt_S- 1 (Oman)

Not voting - 4 (Erg0, Xylthixlm, Jitsu, Patrick)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Deadline for D3: Tuesday April 22, 11:11AM GMT+10
================================================
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:12 am

Post by Incognito »

Oman wrote:I'm a tracker, got a target from Xyl. Now I took that to mean there was a doc here (as I said), scum would know there was a doc.
P.S. This makes no sense even aside from the fact that we already had a tracker in this game. If you were a tracker, why would you target Xylthixlm of all people when I honestly can't remember you ever voicing any suspicion about him? Wouldn't you choose to target
Erg0
or even
Matt_S
?
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:16 am

Post by Jitsu »

Patrick wrote:Oman hasn't hammered, I unvoted Xylthixlm. Still waiting for Oman's "results", on the miniscule chance he's somehow teling the truth.
My bad.

I agree, there is no need to rush this. It's worth it to wait to hear his results. I can't believe there are two trackers, a watcher, and a vig on the town side though. That seems pretty town-biased, even with a hefty scumteam.

Patrick wrote:I think they're both lying scum for obvious reasons. We lynch Xylthixlm today and Patrick pwns the crap out of Oman tonight.
I agree. If Xyl is scum and Oman survives the night, I don't think it will take ten pages of discussion tomorrow to figure out the play.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Incognito »

I said the second quote. ;)
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:19 am

Post by Patrick »

You like agreeing with me so much that you attributed Incognito's quote to me as well. I'm touched. ^_^

C'mon Oman. Come out and give us some results before we hammer your scumbuddy. If you're town, you should have given them to us already.
Primpod 11:13 pm
chamber can you please come to ukmeet
i would love to finally touch your face
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:30 am

Post by Jitsu »

Patrick wrote:You like agreeing with me so much that you attributed Incognito's quote to me as well. I'm touched. ^_^.
Sorry, cut and paste error. :wink:
Patrick wrote:C'mon Oman. Come out and give us some results before we hammer your scumbuddy. If you're town, you should have given them to us already.
He should have given them to us when he claimed. And actually, I just realized that Oman's vote didn't count since he didn't unvote first. Since he's claimed something now, he can't quickhammer without giving his results, if he really is a townie.

Vote: Xylthixlm
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:47 am

Post by Jitsu »

Just to be perfectly clear, now Xylthixlm is at L-1 again.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Oman »

Sorry guys, I'm not actually a tracker, I'm just trying to have some fun with the scum tonight.

Tracker is not a usual claim of mine, so I decided to use one that had already occured in the game so as to show that I was joking.

I am a powerrole, but its a one such that I don't mind revealing that I am one. OF course, the fact that I say that means I'm less likely to be NKed (as I am breadcrumbing Bulletproof), thus its a fantastic claim for a powerrole, no?

Anyway, I'm more concerned with playing the scums head tonight. I'm an Un-Nkable cop/doc, so what do I have to lose.

Unvote Vote Xyl
(Same reasons)
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:36 am

Post by Matt_S »

Wasn't there just a discussion on how unNKable roles are more common for scum than for town?
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Patrick »

lol. I think it's pretty safe to say I'll be shooting Oman tonight.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:57 am

Post by vollkan »

======================================================
End of D3 Votecount

Xylthixlm - 4 (Matt_S, Incognito, Jitsu, Oman)

Not voting - 3 (Erg0, Xylthixlm, Patrick)

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Deadline for D3: Tuesday April 22, 11:11AM GMT+10
================================================

Xylthixlm cringed as the mob turned against him, spurred by the allegations of Patrick.

“I am a nurse!” he screamed.

The town was unimpressed. After the antics of Guardian the day before, they had learnt to be sceptical.

“Then perhaps you wouldn’t mind performing some medical work?” suggested Matt_S, adding with a hint of amusement, “I think Jitsu is in need of a prostate examination.”

Xylthixlm’s face paled. His head turned from Jitsu’s beaming smile to the noose. The choice was obvious…

Xylthixlm,
Godfather
, was lynched D3

It is now Night 3:
You have
72 hours
to get any night choices in to me.
Deadline for N3 is
Thursday April 3, 8:20 AM GMT+10
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by vollkan »

Oman swelled with joy as he opened his front door; the town had almost eradicated the scum. As he poured himself a celebratory glass of wine, he fell back in fright as the wine glass exploded, a bullet hole appearing on his kitchen floor. He didn’t have time to duck or react, for another shot followed immediately after, hitting him squarely in the heart.

The next morning, Oman was found dead. A search of his body revealed that he was carrying nothing other than a book containing his limericks, which was promptly burned.

That same evening, misfortune also befell Incognito. As he slept, a tall figure entered his bedroom, drawing a small vial from a pocket somewhere in its coat. The figure cautiously opened the vial and held it above Incognito’s lips, the poison within dripping into his mouth. When Incognito’s absence was noticed, he too was searched. He carried nothing.

Oman,
Townie
, was shot Night 3
Incognito,
Townie
, was poisoned Night 3

D4 commences

Deadline for D4:
Thursday May 1, 11:11AM GMT+10

With 4 alive, its 3 to lynch.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Patrick »

This isn't making much sense to me. Ugh.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by Erg0 »

So much for that theory. Not sure what happened with Oman's brain explosion there, but we're still in a good spot if Patrick was telling us the truth about being a vig. However, if Patrick is actually an SK then we're totally screwed. I tend to think that the latter is unlikely, though - if Oman had actually been scum then Patrick would have been lynched today for sure, so claiming yesterday was a huge risk.

If Patrick is a vig then we can lynch one of Matt_S and Jitsu, then Patrick vigs the other tonight if we mislynch. Obviously I'm in the equation as well from his perspective, but that still gives us at least a 2 in 3 chance of getting the last scum either today or tonight.

If anyone other than Patrick has a nightkill ability they'd like to claim then now is the time to do it.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Patrick »

My brain is still struggling to process Oman being town.

We have 2 chances to get scum unless that person is mafia roleblocker. I'll have to reread carefully and calmly, which isn't likely to happen at this hour. I'm also puzzled as to why I wasn't killed last night -- that actually makes me think mafia roleblocker is more likely.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Fair point. I want to hear from the others before we decide where to go from here.
V/LA most weekends.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by Jitsu »

I am also stunned that Oman is town.
Patrick wrote:We have 2 chances to get scum unless that person is mafia roleblocker. I'll have to reread carefully and calmly, which isn't likely to happen at this hour. I'm also puzzled as to why I wasn't killed last night -- that actually makes me think mafia roleblocker is more likely.
I'm guessing here that your logic is that the remaining mafia is not afraid of you because he can block you indefinitely?

I really need to think about this.

It seems highly unlikely that there will be a Night 5. Patrick has already claimed, and Matt_S seemed to imply yesterday that he would have gone along with one. I do not oppose it either. Erg0, what's your opinion?
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 5:58 pm

Post by Jitsu »

By the last post, I mean a fullclaim.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:40 am

Post by Jitsu »

Since I have proposed a massclaim, and I think that we will be at endgame after tonight, I think it is best if I claim now.

I am a Vanilla Townie with no abilities or powers. I tried to telegraph this several times by mentioning that I had nothing to hide. I've played this game the best I could, trying to scumhunt to the best of my ability, ask lots of questions, and analyze the setup

I ask that Matt_S and Erg0 claim, and then I will finish my reread and post an analysis.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Patrick »

Jitsu wrote:I'm guessing here that your logic is that the remaining mafia is not afraid of you because he can block you indefinitely?
If we have just a mafia goon then we have 2 chances to get scum. If we have a mafia roleblocker who can't both kill and roleblock on the same night, we again have 2 chances to get scum. If it's a mafia roleblocker who can both kill and roleblock, we have just the one chance. The third situation is the way I'm leaning right now, mainly because if it's anything else, then last night's kill seems sub-optimal.

Any particular reason why you tried to telegraph being a vanilla townie? Did you do that in Underground Mafia?
Matt_S
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Matt_S
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Matt_S »

@Jitsu: I'm vanilla. However, I'd like to hear why you try to hint that you're vanilla. People breadcrumb power roles for evidence when they claim. Breadcrumbing vanilla just gives the mafia a chance to hit other townies who are power roles.

Also, I doubt Patrick is a serial killer. Even if he'd be unNKable, that would still make the mafia stronger.
Show
"So I went to the librarian in the biology section and asked her if she could find me a map of the cat." -Richard Feynman

The Feynman Problem-Solving Algorithm:
(1) write down the problem;
(2) think very hard;
(3) write down the answer.
Jitsu
Jitsu
Goon
Jitsu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:01 am

Post by Jitsu »

Patrick wrote:Any particular reason why you tried to telegraph being a vanilla townie? Did you do that in Underground Mafia?
Part of it stemmed out of the attack on me on Day 1. I defended myself by explaining why I reversed course on Guardian, and I simply told the truth, because I didn't know what else to do. I didn't want to look evasive or counterattack. I knew I couldn't claim, as that would have been suspicious with only four votes on me. But I wanted to be as honest as possible with the town. So I wanted to establish an open and transparent playstyle and act my role properly to help the town, to try to help people see me for who I was. I knew I would never claim anything other than vanilla townie. I've tried to be as good of a townie as possible and I've tried to respond properly to everything asked of me.

When I brought up the massclaim yesterday, I was confused about the possible setup. Since I had no power, I tried to share what little information I had to help the town. I didn't have much information about what was going on, but I figured someone else probably did (I thought there was probably another town power role somewhere that could benefit from it). When I said I had nothing to hide, I meant it literally. At that point, given the setup confusion, when talking about a massclaim, I tried to reinforce again that I had nothing to hide. Not having any other information besides the lynch scenes and dawn posts, my speculation on the setup and desire for information about it was all genuine. I was trying to analyze the setup just like I did at the end of Underground Mafia.

I didn't really have to telegraph my role in Underground Mafia, because I was never in any serious trouble in that game. I received exactly one vote in that entire game (from someone that everyone thought was scummy at the time) after the random phase, and by Day 3 or so, most of the players, even the scum, pegged me as a confirmed townie. But I also did my best to act transparently in that game to avoid suspicion and help the town by trying to give them one less suspect to consider.

If you read/skim Underground Mafia, I think you'll see that I played the same style of game as I have in this one. I don't have the experience to be much good at picking up on subtle tells, and I know that. Instead, I tried to pick out logical inconsistencies and press for further details on explanations I found strange. At the end, I tried to reason out the setup and develop a strategy to put the town in the best possible position for the endgame. As it turned out, I had a fairly good read on most people by the end of Day 3 in that game. I've had a much harder time getting good reads here (though, in my defense, I don't think I am the only one in that boat).

I can think of another reason why you (telling the truth as a Vig) weren't killed last night, but I'd like to hear Erg0 and Matt_S's claims before I say why.

Matt_S wrote:@Jitsu: I'm vanilla. However, I'd like to hear why you try to hint that you're vanilla. People breadcrumb power roles for evidence when they claim. Breadcrumbing vanilla just gives the mafia a chance to hit other townies who are power roles.

Thank you, that was what I was expecting. Please refer to my answer to Patrick above. If that doesn't answer your question, please let me know.
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Erg0 »

I'm vanilla. Given that there are no other power roles, I think it's reasonable to assume that Patrick's claim is truthful. I'm going to do some analysis to choose between Matt_S and Jitsu.
V/LA most weekends.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:12 am

Post by Patrick »

No surprises there then. I too will have to read certain parts to make up a list; I did have some immediate inklings when day dawned, but there's probably no point saying them until I've read up properly.

Jitsu, you're free to elaborate. I'd also like to know what you were keeping quiet yesterday -- that additional benefit you mentioned to massclaiming.
Patrick
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Patrick
Rantbuddy
Rantbuddy

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by Patrick »

Sort of wondering whether scum thought Incognito had a protective role. Some of his posts yesterday could be taken that way. If that theory is true that would mean scum don't have a roleblocker, otherwise they could have just blocked him and killed me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”