Former Guests (Large Normal 199 Dead Thread)

Forum for old private topics
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #137 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lynched while I was away. Oh well. Titus was just OMGUSing. She had scum reads on everyone that scumread her so like if you listened to her then sure you woulda killed me but you woulda have killed mostly town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #139 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

We had wank for power. We had a motion detector and that was all but I'm not really counting the loved traitor. I would like to know who thought this was balanced or was it only approved for normalcy?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #141 (isolation #2) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Well you killed a doing nothing Nos which is an acceptable vig kill. Sonia has prob won this.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (isolation #3) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

its maybe me being salty but I didn't think Sonia played all that great.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #143 (isolation #4) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:20 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I was lynched for your sins.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #145 (isolation #5) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:23 am

Post by Nero Cain »

What was the mod error, you were protected?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #147 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

how many shots did you have?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #149 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

unlimited?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (isolation #8) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

lame

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #153 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

no I am not. What I'm saying is that its lame town had so much power and even the SK had as much power as scum.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm not saying that if scum lose its b/c this game was imbalanced, I'm saying town had a significant amount of power as where scum didn't. Town had a full vig, a full GS, a full VC and 2 masons. That seems like a hell of alot of power compared to a 2 goons, a md and a passive loved modifier. Maybe I'm in the minority but I think saying this was balanced is kind of lol.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:53 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 166, mhsmith0 wrote:I think you underestimate both how dumb town can be (and especially how dumb vigs can sometimes be), and how much help they need to have close to 50-50 odds. Vig/GS/IC vs 2 goons and just a little bit extra (like a motion detector) in 10v3 mini normal is probably about balanced; essentially expanding the roster and adding a bit of power to both sides keeps it around balanced.
Monkey Man lost a game of modding experience for this exact same reason. Yea most town players are bad but no mod should ever stack town so they have a chance. I've been in minis where the scum had more power than we did in this game. I'm not going to buy that this was balanced regardless if it was approved for balance. Like I'm not saying that town, if they win, only won b/c they had a ton of power but it didn't hurt.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 241, Alisae wrote:
In post 141, Nero Cain wrote:Well you killed a doing nothing Nos which is an acceptable vig kill. Sonia has prob won this.
someone made a post that made me think Sonia was an SK that's just not shooting.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:37 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 237, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 4421, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:
In post 4416, xSoniaNevermindx wrote:Motion Detector,
Loved Traitor,
vs
Masons
Gunsmith,
Vanilla Cop,
Vig
3 shot roleblocker
If this is srsly the setup everyone on that review team needs to be fired
I mean I've seen setups worse than that one for balance, but yeah that would have been bad, and I don't think I've ever reviewed a setup that was horrible for balance, especially not in the normal queue.
I was saying the same thing earlier and you were defending that it wasn't a bad setup lol.

Don't read unless you want to be spoiled

Pine is scum so the rb is obv fake so the legit setup is

Motion Detector,
Loved Traitor,
vs
Masons
Gunsmith,
Vanilla Cop,
Vig
BG (someone said there is one)

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (isolation #14) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:38 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 245, mozamis wrote:Titus is just running on OMGUs, as she has been all game.
so much fucking this btw

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:05 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 252, CloudKicker wrote:Nero, why was i the kill ?
I had actually thought Sonia was the traitor and it looked like you might vote her so I was trying to save you , you were also shade throwing onto your scumteam so we didn't realize you were the traitor and Pine thought you were just load.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:14 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 253, mhsmith0 wrote:Except that sonia was talking about a theoretical setup with ANOTHER town PR, on top of what the actual setup was. And while 3-shot rb isn't amazing (gated PR, and rb < jk, cop, vig, etc), it's still a generally decent power, and is certainly claimable to prevent a mislynch as well.
I'm not really sure how you see

Motion Detector
Loved Traitor
vs
Masons
Gunsmith,
Vanilla Cop,
Vig
BG (someone said there is one)

balanced

but

Motion Detector
Loved Traitor
vs
Masons
Gunsmith,
Vanilla Cop,
Vig
3 shot RB

unbalanced

Even regardless of a 5/6th pr ,depending how you view masons, I don't even think a

Motion Detector
Loved Traitor
vs
Masons
Gunsmith,
Vanilla Cop,
Vig

is balanced

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:44 am

Post by Nero Cain »

thing is, "town are bad so they should get more power" shouldn't have any place in a balance disscussion.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I can't edit :(

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 267, mozamis wrote:
In post 264, Nero Cain wrote:thing is, "town are bad so they should get more power" shouldn't have any place in a balance disscussion.

Town aren't bad, they are in a ridiculously hard position. I'm pretty sure mafia was invented as a face-to-face parlour game. The internet gives scum a few extra power roles. (or whatver, i mean that loosely).
I kinda agree and I kinda disagree. Like I think scum hunting is pretty difficult but there
ARE
players at different skill levels and there are players that are like lazy and/or anti-town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

When you do VCA on d1 with no flips I'll be impressed

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #276 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

that's my point. VCA is only some what reliable after deaths and I skimmed that game and I don't remember seeing you using VCA to push either scum. I do think that you were suspicious that a wagon dissipated on one player but that's not VCA.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #278 (isolation #22) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I CARE! I want the win.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Maybe without the mod error Gerry won't have been there to chainsaw defend his bestie.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (isolation #24) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

GO TITUS GO!

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #323 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah they should have realized that my switch on Tywin means he was very unlikely to be my buddy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (isolation #26) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but then Moz has hit the nail on the head, Titus is just OMGUS lynching everyone that voted her d1

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

If I was town I prob would have pushed him. Like I obviously gave reasoning to my fake scumreads and he was all like "Nero isn't doing anything!" and I may have thought that was scummy but then the new site meta is kinda dumb=town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #329 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:24 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yeah the LYLO will be tough.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #330 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 328, CloudKicker wrote:@nero what do you mean by pine thought i was load, as pr ?
I don't really remember that. He just thought you were loud-mouthed town

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #332 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you were killed

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you would have also died the night before protecting Ali but mod error

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #344 (isolation #32) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:01 am

Post by Nero Cain »

hi

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #345 (isolation #33) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:17 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 341, Tywin Lannister wrote:Sadly, I think it's game over.
I think that LYLO will be tough. Pine's no kill one night and our miskill of the traitor fucked us over. Otherwise we would have had this in the bag.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (isolation #34) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

my lynch was mostly based on OMGUS and your "POE"

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (isolation #35) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

also CABD brush your teeth bro

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (isolation #36) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 359, Tywin Lannister wrote:Titus would rather lose than use any kind of logic or common sense
she is more interested in playing to a certain meta me thinks. Or maybe she just is this bad. :/

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (isolation #37) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, I'm not really sure why the whole "Titus might be a mafia doc" WIFOM never picked up. For myself (and I would assume most players) if you see a vig/SK in a game then I think its a safe assumption to assume mafia had some sorta of protection (doc, keeper, bp) and I can't really think of a game without scum protection +killing role. I mean maybe the whole "Nos died so there was no protection" thing killed it and it is a fair point.

But I think Pine should prob go ahead and kill her. I know she's town reading him so he doesn't really want to kill her but I don't think she's ever going to vote unless its a 3p lylo and if he kills AJ he undermines himself and a Titus-El-Pine lylo
might
make Titus reconsider. I think he has a better chance in a AJ-EL-him group.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (isolation #38) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 374, mhsmith0 wrote:
In post 373, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, I'm not really sure why the whole "Titus might be a mafia doc" WIFOM never picked up.
For myself (and I would assume most players) if you see a vig/SK in a game then I think its a safe assumption to assume mafia had some sorta of protection (doc, keeper, bp) and I can't really think of a game without scum protection +killing role
. I mean maybe the whole "Nos died so there was no protection" thing killed it and it is a fair point.

But I think Pine should prob go ahead and kill her. I know she's town reading him so he doesn't really want to kill her but I don't think she's ever going to vote unless its a 3p lylo and if he kills AJ he undermines himself and a Titus-El-Pine lylo
might
make Titus reconsider. I think he has a better chance in a AJ-EL-him group.
Scums main counter to a vig is their night kill ability. Arguing scum must have kill stopping power vs a vig is like arguing they must have a godfather to counter a cop. No they don't. They MIGHT have a counter to it based on game balance but they certainly don't NEED to have it. I'm guessing the majority of mini normals with a vig or sk have scum given no direct counter.
I never knew that's what I was saying. Thanks for telling me. It still wasn't a balanced setup so get the fuck over yourself.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (isolation #39) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

no, I got OMGUS scum read and veng voted but I'm not saying anything about my belief that the setup was balanced had anything to with why I was lynch or why scum may lose.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #398 (isolation #40) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Like site meta/modding meta shifts all the time but I still think the correlation between killing roles and protective roles it a fairly decent assumption. Yes I think the game was a bit town sided but that has shit all to do with my point. My point was that I would have thouht that more town in this game would have suggested that with a killing role there should have been a protection role. So IDK if MS is just not reading/understanding my point or that I've hurt thier feeling b/c I disagree with them that its ok to stack town b/c they so much help to win.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (isolation #41) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 394, Nero Cain wrote:so get the fuck over yourself.
this is a little overly hostile and I shouldn't have said it. I'm just in a mood and was mad that MS missed my point.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #408 (isolation #42) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:33 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 407, mozamis wrote:And this is the internet, where everyone is full of humility, so town are golden, kids!
I like this guy

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #414 (isolation #43) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TBF, over the last few years I think alot of the new players have come from TOS or Epic Mafia....and its well known that town play is mostlty shit so Titus being considered good b/c she is loud isn't that surprising in the site state.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #415 (isolation #44) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Also I didn't stop with my opinion b/c Titus told me to shut up. My opinions haven't changed at all.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (isolation #45) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Despite the fact I was scum some of you were pretty obvious town. I just couldn't act like it....

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (isolation #46) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:02 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Gon on El and vote AJ.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #423 (isolation #47) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Jesus is never wrong. I am the answer. There are millions of people that eat my body and drink my blood each year so I must be pretty darn special.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #425 (isolation #48) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I'm going to nuke the shit out of everyone

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (isolation #49) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Nero Cain »

my knights would over run your over run your nuke sites and I'd use them against you.

In a totally unrelated story. I've been playing alot of Medieval 2 and I'll make an army of knights and just just the fuck over the other army and its just so cool.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (isolation #50) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I've only done, England, Spain and Egypt so far.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (isolation #51) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Also El taking so long is getting annoying.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (isolation #52) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:12 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I beat it as Spain on the short game. My England game is also on short, haven't finished it but am close. I have like two more french cities to take over and then Scotland. I like Egypt but the Mongols can go fuck themselves.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (isolation #53) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I beat em in battle once! And I also just abandoned one of my castles one time b/c I was like "fuck fighting you" Egypt is p much designed to fight the mongols since the sacrean infantry gets a bonus against cavalry but I p much agree with you that you just need a huge fracking army to drive them off.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”