boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #0) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:21 am

Post by boring »

Oh man, that's got to be my worst scum play ever. I feel bad staying in a game I didn't have time to play properly. I left the final say on everything up to Prism, since he was our deep scum, and he opted that I stay.

I think Prism has a good chance of winning, if he gets a stoke of luck tonight. He still has Deirfire and nn30 to ML, which is all he needs.

Yes, podoboq, if I had my druthers, I would have killed Shadow N1 because he was going to be seen as conf. town, and I don't like to kill people openly scum reading me. I prefer to discredit them.

Anyway, it was a fun game!

Also, Dierfire and Black Void are beautiful. I'm really impressed by both of them and their thought processes.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (isolation #1) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:44 am

Post by boring »

Prism is awesome, by the way. I realize we all have to put on our little facades in these games, but he's had a fun sense of humor in the mafia PT.

Oh, and MariaR you were brilliant guessing 2/3 of the team. It's not like you went off on so many tangents that you were bound to be right eventually. Iirc, LUV and I were your only other two suspects Day 1 outside Zoronos.

Thank you for playing with me Grendel! I'm sorry we had to be on different teams!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:27 am

Post by boring »

In post 141, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 134, Grendel wrote:
In post 130, Gamma Emerald wrote:I thought you were talking about rb the player for a second
Well, I can't help rb having a common abbreviation for a username. Also can't say I know the guy beyond a couple games I followed that he was in. People talk him up enough that I'd be worried about playing against him if I rolled scum though.
I played with him as scum once and flew under his radar (though we n1ed him so it wasn't hard)
He's my friend from another (non-mafia) forum. I've actually hydra'd with him once, but I unhydra'd like 36 hours into Day 1 because reasons. (We were yellowbaron because I'm usually Yellow everywhere else, and rb stands for Redbaron). Anyway, I'd like to play a game with him sometime autonomously, since I have yet to do that.

I think he'd be easy to deal with if you can get him to dismiss you as a completely irrational. That is, so long as you strategically stroke his ego. I picked the wrong person to latch onto this game, obviously, but rb's robust enough to give you a proper ride.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:29 am

Post by boring »

@podoboq, are we allowed to PM dead players about this game now? or does everything have to go here?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #4) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:30 am

Post by boring »

thanks!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #5) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by boring »

Yeah, that was Prism's reason. I think he regretted it later, when we could have thrown a dart and hit a PR. I think in hindsight, it was our best choice because you would have lynched me D2, and probably him D3. So killing you is one of two reasons we're still in the running.

The other is that no one seems to appreciate Dierfire. He made a perfect, and indefensible case on me D2 with that VCA. I still don't understand why town didn't powerlynch me for it.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #6) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:03 pm

Post by boring »

I meant lynched me D3 and him D4.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (isolation #7) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by boring »

Yeah, with the exception of that very brief hydra I mentioned, I'm 100% scum on this site. Like, I'm too busy to play properly, but I feel compelled to play at least one goshdarned town game before I disappear for a while. Also, playing town is easier, time-wise.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #8) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by boring »

Don't feel bad, words can't stop a dog fight. Like Grendel said, the whole scum team helped fan the flames and pull off the lynch. And honestly, not every town would have accepted the idea of two ascetics so readily. You and implosion saw through it right away.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:24 am

Post by boring »

If you'll recall, he almost instantly regretted outing himself. I think he realized that he played into our hands.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #10) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by boring »

In post 164, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:boring you played great. It was me who was quite awful honestly and let you guys down.
Nah, I made some dumb plays day 1, from which I could never fully recover. You outted Zoronos, and basically the only argument against Grendel Day 3 was that he looked like your buddy. Your Day 2 performance was great.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (isolation #11) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:01 am

Post by boring »

Go team! :mrgreen:
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #12) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by boring »

In BV's defense, it's not wild to think we had an ascetic. Town's ascetics were a negative for me too, as they'd return "not vanilla". A town ascetic target would lead us to think they had useful PRs and so we'd misplace a NK.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #13) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:32 am

Post by boring »

I guess that makes sense.

I've never seen a scum setup spec conversation that didn't include a member of the scum team. I know very little myself about roles and how they work at this point, so I just stick everyone pushing a scenario into a POE pool.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #14) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:39 am

Post by boring »

Wow. They kill me and zoronos and the game lurches to a stop. By the way, where is Zoro?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #15) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 5:06 pm

Post by boring »

@Grendel - I don't know Prism's plan. My goal, since I had so much heat out the gate, was to last as long as possible as a distraction and good, solid bus so that Prism could throw the Hail Mary from as sqeaky-clean of a position as possible. I wish I had lasted one more day, but hopefully, he can finish the play alone. He's in as good a position as possible, considering the obstacles all the PRs and conf. towns presented. Beyond that, you'll have to wait for the Mafia PT. I made a whole bunch of ridiculously unrealistic and speculative plans, though. The thread is littered with them. He is a little more restrained.

@Shadow - give Black Void some credit. He hasn't actually made a wrong move yet. He's just taking his time.

@implosion - there will be no living with you now, after your scum!Prism speculation. :)

Go team! :mrgreen:
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #16) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:43 am

Post by boring »

For all his slank, Prism is no less active than the others. By keeping his post count low, he's acting reasonably uninterested, which increases his town credit.

I realize it's not entirely on purpose, but if it's working, all the better.

I don't know enough about black void to know whether he'll actually re-read the thread or procrastinate and apologize. Most people end up doing the latter. Hopefully, he's most people.

We know for sure that nn30 won't bother.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #17) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 9:41 am

Post by boring »

I think I love him now too. Him and Dierfire. The fact that you guys didn't turbo-lynch me after his first VCA argument was y'all's fault, not his.

Prism too, of course. Go team!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (isolation #18) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by boring »

In post 212, MariaR wrote:Boring you're so cheery dead it's refreshing
Thanks!

I swear I'm not evil. It's podoboq's fault. He made me be the bad guy. *sniff* ...he called me scum...and I...I believed him... I believed I was scum!

#inconsolable #mymascaraisrunning #istilllookcutetho
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #19) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by boring »

In post 214, Grendel wrote:
In post 3100, nn30 wrote:I also must implore town, in the event that I die or survive into tomorrow, to ignore any WIFOM related to BV. He could leave me alive because he knows I'll advocate for him or he could kill me because he knows I'll advocate for him.

We have no good way of rigorously proving this one way or another... so it's moot.
lol, oh N.

Implosion's gonna die, not you.
Honest-to-goodness, if I was town right now, I'd find his play the last two days scummy as fuck.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #20) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:23 am

Post by boring »

I still can't get over how scummy nn30 looks right now. I mean, I'd like to think I'm pretty okay at analysing behavior to determine motive, but I know that post and the last interaction with DF would have stopped me in my tracks. If I was town, I mean.

VOTE: nn30
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:31 pm

Post by boring »

In post 220, eagerSnake wrote:i'll probably get scolded for telling you this, boring, but everyone on the site was sent a memo that you are going to be scum in every game you /in. even if you replace in I think they said your alignment gets changed to scum before you get your PM. best wishes,
You know what? I believe you. I also choose to believe that it's because y'all're afraid of my scumhunting potential. You're scared. But just you wait! I'll make an alt and sneak into the enemy lines and become the towniest town that ever existed and when you all bow down to my towniness, I will rip off my alt mask and laugh maniacally at you and somehow llamas will be involved and then you'll all be sorry!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by boring »

I've yet to roll a town PR..
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (isolation #23) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:39 am

Post by boring »

Don't be so hard on yourself, Grendel. I think you did just fine. Now, we just need them t lynch Dier. I think Prism has a good shot in LYLO with BV and nn.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:46 pm

Post by boring »

I normally don't mind signatures, but I find them distracting in the game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by boring »

I think implosion spent too much time trying to lynch me. His tunnel-vision stopped him from seeing much else in the game. So he could either go back and read 100+ pages, or go off memory. That's always going to favor the deep wolf (i.e. Prism) if you play more by gut than fact.

Of course, if you're not playing by gut, you're not going to nail slimey mo'fo's like me.

My point is, there's no "I" in team, but there is an "i" in pizza, so I don't have to share....
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #26) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by boring »

I'm nominating Prism for MVP win or lose.

Speaking of which, I'm looking for recruits for his cheer squad. Signup in thread.

#teamprism
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #27) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by boring »

@Shadow - No, as podoboq already stated, that was genuine. He asked for a sub out in the mafia thread too. I figured you would be forcibly replaced, if you kept it up much longer. This is a game. We play for the fun and the challenge of it. Dealing with someone so erratic, aggressive, and petulant isn't anyone's idea of "fun" (regardless of alignment).

It all worked out for town, though. I don't think you would have pulled off my lynch. Black Void got the job done neatly.

P-edit! Wow, ninja'd hard.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (isolation #28) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by boring »

In post 273, podoboq wrote:
In post 272, boring wrote:@Shadow - No, as podoboq already stated, that was genuine. He asked for a sub out in the mafia thread too. I figured you would be forcibly replaced, if you kept it up much longer. This is a game. We play for the fun and the challenge of it. Dealing with someone so erratic, aggressive, and petulant isn't anyone's idea of "fun" (regardless of alignment).

It all worked out for town, though. I don't think you would have pulled off my lynch. Black Void got the job done neatly.

P-edit! Wow, ninja'd hard.
Force replacing Shadow_step was never on the table. He never broke any of the site rules, no matter how hardheaded he was.
Fair enough. I'm not super familiar with site rules. I'm just thinking from the perspective of forum modding in general.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #29) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:19 am

Post by boring »

It's taking a lot of self-restraint to not post in the mafia PT. You can do it, Prism! I believe in you!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #30) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:58 am

Post by boring »

I think I said that already in this thread.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:26 am

Post by boring »

Our one overarching goal as a scum team was to get Prism to the end looking as townie as possible, with few or no conf. town at LYLO.

Unless BV can resist nn30's delicious scumminess long enough to get some decent dirt on Prism, Prism might end up in the position to have to "decide" between them, which will make me a little sad because that's my scum-dream. (Boy, do I love run-on sentences)

Go Prism! You've got this!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by boring »

It might be too little too late. It could look to BV like nn30 trying to grasp at straws and avoid an omgus vote.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #33) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by boring »

Go Prism!

Spoiler:
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #331 (isolation #34) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by boring »

Implosion, you have good instincts, and you should definitely trust them. My manipulative attempts this game were shamefully sloppy, but I think I'd have set off your spidey senses regardless. However, being right isn't enough.

The more manipulative your target, the better it is to talk about, rather than to them. It not only makes town like you a little more (because being treated like a member of "us" in "us v. them" feels good), but it puts you in a more powerful (and therefore more credible) position, socially, than your scum-read.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #35) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by boring »

The proddodging is shameful.

Note to students: The GRE subject tests (or Praxis, which are produced by the same money-grubbers) are easy if you're fresh outta undergrad. The general test is even easier. So either way, don't sweat it. It's less about what you know, and more about how much money ETS can squeeze out of you.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #36) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:40 am

Post by boring »

I'm really looking forward to podoboq's thoughts on this game when it's all over.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #37) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:31 am

Post by boring »

I'm boring. Therefore, any game I'm in must, by law, be a boring game. I'm sorry, I thought you were all asked to sign the waiver in the sign-up thread.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #38) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by boring »

Well at least we have each other! Do implosions produce heat? My feet get cold at night.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #39) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by boring »

grapes!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #40) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:16 am

Post by boring »

*takes furious notes*
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #41) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:40 am

Post by boring »

Wait.. Is nn30 a chick?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (isolation #42) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by boring »

In my experience, dudes don't tend to call other dudes "hun" unless they're well acquainted. Unless kids these days have started a new thing that I missed. I just learned what a "wook" was, and I was left with more questions than answers, so the latter is a possibility.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (isolation #43) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by boring »

Urban dictionary ftw.

Anyway, this is how I know I have a long way to go in my town play. I don't think I could have just let this go. Like, it could possibly have been my final straw with nn30.
In post 3205, nn30 wrote:Your posts, on the other hand, were full of indications of you actually attempting to solve the game. Plus, you were pretty quick to remove the town-cred Boring got for her 'pushes' on LUV D1. I don't think you'd do that to her as her partner.
In post 3213, nn30 wrote:Ugh. I thought you had come in a day later - I actually remembered incorrectly. You did come in and push Boring.

Lylo is hard.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #44) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:47 am

Post by boring »

Can you show me what's been particularly townie about him/her in the last couple days? I have a hard time finding town-tells in general. I don't see anything more favorable than null with nn30.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #45) » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by boring »

can't a conspiracy theory be a scum-ploy to test how lynchable town are? And can't carelessness be a cover for scumslips and anti-town play? How can you tell the difference?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (isolation #46) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:15 am

Post by boring »

It makes you wanna cry a little when you realize he only posts them once a day.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #47) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:08 am

Post by boring »

Even nothing is something.. It'll mean scum wins! Yay us.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (isolation #48) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:09 pm

Post by boring »

I believe his excuses. The older you get, the more real world stuff interferes with your fun. Also, his cutesy commentary posts in the mafia PT made a dead stop December 1st, which indicates that he's not been fooling around on purpose.

Even if things were different, and it was on purpose, he's not worse than bv or nn.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #49) » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:58 am

Post by boring »

Since day 1, actually, and I believed it then too. It's not like he's in a ton of other games, either. A role assignment doesn't alter reality. You're reading his delays as deliberate because he's been assigned scum.

Even if he was fully present this last week, there'd be nothing to say because no one has even addressed the things he's said thus far in the day. Days and days have passed and nn30 can't be assed to read. He's still waiting for a tl;dr.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (isolation #50) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:32 am

Post by boring »

No! Don't give up! Nn30's desperate-looking case changes and AtEs can't be sitting well with BV. You can sway him with a good case. This isn't over, but you've got to hit him hard.

#teamprism
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #393 (isolation #51) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:22 am

Post by boring »

Eager, I don't think the game would have gone beyond Day 3 if it weren't for Shadow's counter-claim. You and MariaR would have creamed us.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (isolation #52) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by boring »

Being killed N1 (if you're vanilla townie) should always be taken as a compliment.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (isolation #53) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:28 am

Post by boring »

In post 3293, BlackVoid wrote:I'm coming close to making my decision. At this point I feel like you are playing both sides. My vote will likely end up on you. The only thing that would really change my mind is you voting Prism and showing me why I'm wrong. If you really think he's scum pocketing you, now's the time to back up your words.
Oh wow. So will nn30 obey out of self-preservation, or will he react defiantly?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (isolation #54) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:55 am

Post by boring »

In post 406, Gamma Emerald wrote:I fucking hate this "if you are scum you deserve to win" attitude. Stop being so fucking tunneled you morons.
In post 407, Shadow_step wrote:I was just going to say that ^
In post 408, Gamma Emerald wrote:Another attitude I hate is "you rolled scum so you deserve to lose".
Thirded and seconded.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (isolation #55) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by boring »

I'd say we don't really get a say in it, being dead and all. I'm just disappointed that it's been so anticlimactic.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (isolation #56) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by boring »

Anyone else get a little weirded out being talked
about
in these game? I realize that this game cannot function otherwise, but still feels strange nonetheless. Like being a ghost. How long has it taken you guys to be desensitized to it? Or are you?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (isolation #57) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by boring »

God damn it, Prism, you posted and you didn't vote BV! If you're "town", and not lynched yet, then BV has to be the "scum". Voooooooooote!

Return to “Completed Game Topics”