The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

Event & Minigame RSVP ~ Week of 20/5 - 26/5:

Server START-UP Celebration - 24/5/2024 (To-Be-Finalized!)
50%
Inaugural SPLEEF Tourney - (Share your date/time preference!)
25%
Other Games, Speedrun Maps, IDK?! - (Share in comments!)
25%

Total votes: 4

Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19512 (isolation #0) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by Fluminator »

So I never really got into Minecraft until the last year or so. A few years ago, I played it with some friends for the first time and really liked it. I’m not a fan of sandbox games usually but I love cooperative survival games (probably my favorite genre) which is what I consider Minecraft to truly be. But after we successfully beat the dragon and won the game I didn’t go back until recently. They added a crap ton of things and the game is still quite a fun romp to play with friends.
Then I got the game for Vive, a virtual reality system that has room scale support. The game has become legendary. It’s so different when you’re actually in the world. Everything is so much bigger and more immersive. Anyone who’s played Minecraft can probably imagine it, but even then it’s something you still need to experience to truly appreciate it.

Growing up I loved lego, and I always wished I could actually explore the lego creations I made. This is basically the closest you can get. The Minecraft VR edition lets you make yourself any size relative to the world so you can grow to be huge and place the Minecraft blocks like lego to make a house. You can then shrink yourself down to actually explore the creation you just built. I felt a sense that I hadn’t felt since I was a kid. Just pure unadulterated excitement, forgetting all the concerns about life temporarily.

You actually swing your sword and hold your shield when fighting monsters (that are as tall as you). You all will know how scary a creeper sneaking up behind you is. I can assure you all it’s even more scary in VR lol. I got a bow and actually used both my hands to pull back an arrow and snipe a giant spider. Even mining is more fun now that I actually swing a pick to break the blocks.
If you’re wondering how movement works, there are many options you can set to move around the world, although the one I like best is Run-in-place movement. It might seem a little weird at first walking in place but it becomes quite natural quickly.

Anyway, I guess the point of this is because I couldn’t conceal my excitement, and that you all need to order a Vive virtual reality set. Then we can start a VR Minecraft sever together.
Last edited by Fluminator on Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19513 (isolation #1) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Fluminator »

http://www.vivecraft.org/

Also I'd love to do a hardcore playthrough with some people here at some point. Something similar to this series.

Basically we're all on skype or discord, but when you die and are out of the server, you also leave the conversation. It really creates a neat atmosphere where death is legit. (For the survivors at least.)
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19514 (isolation #2) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:37 pm

Post by Fluminator »

It looks like a major session just recently finished. Sad I missed it. If you guys are looking for a more interesting type of play-through, the hardcore I mentioned is definitely the most thrilling way to play the game.
In post 19471, Andrius wrote:I'm losing the interest to play this game.
Holy crap farming endermen takes forever.

I mean we've had some good times but I didn't imagine this would turn into a multi-week affair.
Like, I'll be online if people are online through Sunday.

And then after that if there's a day or something for The End when we just SOUND THE CHARGE then great.
But I have no interest playing this by myself so I will basically only log on if people are here.
Enderman farming isn't too bad if you have a good enchanted sword, or you make a base in the desert where a crapton of enderman spawn.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19516 (isolation #3) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:52 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Oh, that's awesome too.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19519 (isolation #4) » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Hardcore is hard, and usually everyone dies before wining (which is part of the fun). It's very possible though, as most deaths are quite avoidable.
Although considering when people die they're out, it probably wouldn't work as an event, and it would have to be a separate server which would be harder to set up.
Fluminator
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20350 (isolation #5) » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:11 am

Post by Fluminator »

Galacticraft + more planets mods has been the only mod I've ever gotten a grip on.

Return to “The Arcade”