Ultimate Videogame Topic 3: The Next Generation

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2018 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:47 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Agricola and Galaxy Truckers both have very fun single-player modes.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2027 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:37 am

In post 2021, zoraster wrote:i love agricola, but is it much fun to play single player?

The app comes with a Solo Series mode where you play subsequent games where you're challenged to reach ever higher scores, but you also get to keep one profession from the last game (+ it's harder in a few ways to account for there being only one player).

Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #2167 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:17 pm

In post 2132, Chevre wrote:This is a weird question, but can people tell me how they
play
Pokemon?

I just feel like I play it with a set of rules that I must follow and I can't ever play it loosely. Like my pokemon have to be in my party in order of level and then if their level is tied, by order of HP, once they level up I shift the order around so it makes sense again, etc. I just feel on the glimpses of LPs and Nuzlockes I've seen people are able to play more freely while I've been playing this way since I got Pokemon Yellow. It frustrates me.

I try to have 6-8 pokemon rotating in and out of the party that I'm all keeping in the same level range, occasionally replacing one with some new coolness. I try to avoid paying attention to types in party composition (more challenge = more fun). I also have an irrational love of defensive strategies so I end up with stuff like Tropius with Solar Beam as its main offensive move. Oh, and Battle Style = Set; Switch is basically cheating. It all takes a bit more effort, but I find it very satisfying.

Return to “The Arcade”