Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2066 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:45 am

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2063, PJ. wrote:Is Shaman really that bad? Isn't Mech Shaman and Midrange Shaman both solid?

Shaman is really bad right now. Its core mechanic of overload is horrible. Blizz severely overestimates the advantage of playing minions a turn early. More often than not, playing a card with overload costs you to lose this turn and half of your next turn.

And that to the RNG of the hero power and half the class cards. Number range is probably the worst form of RNG and it makes Shaman far too inconsistent.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2106 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:14 am

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2104, chesskid3 wrote:Those packs are going to be purchaseable with gold right?
Why not just save until the 24th and have enough to buy like 20 packs without spending money

Cuz everyone's like me and get packs as soon as they get 100 gold like a baby opening his Christmas gifts. And there's a discount from the usual rate if you preorder too as well

In post 2105, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 2087, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 2086, Sudo_Nym wrote:I'm not actually playing Face Hunter, it's more like Hybrid Hunter.

Hybrid hunter is just face hunter except with a Savannah Highmane in the flex spot.

Midrange runs shredders 2

And freezings instead of explosives. Some do webspinners as well I think?
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2113 (isolation #2) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2109, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 2106, AstralFlare wrote:Cuz everyone's like me and get packs as soon as they get 100 gold like a baby opening his Christmas gifts. And there's a discount from the usual rate if you preorder too as well

I used to be like that, but NEW CARDS > chance of legendary and mostly just 40-55 dust.

1k saved so far

Yeah me too. Probably gonna have 1.5 more when its released. Oh booooy, Christmas coming early this year.

What's everyone's favourite card so far? I personally find Astral Communion really interesting. Has half my user name in it heh
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2117 (isolation #3) » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:29 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2115, Glork wrote:I fancy the legendary three drops. 3/4 for three mana is already good, and adding those abilities is just... Silly.

Powercreep. Both are Spider Tank++ Both seem to have been designed to counter piloted shredder, but 3/3 stats would have been good enough with those crazy abilities.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2170 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2167, AngryPidgeon wrote:Only beasts are above deceit!

ಠ_ಠ I saw that on reddit a bit ago. Good for you though, the highest I've ever gotten was 10 with Paladin. 12 with Hunter is just scary. Some of the class cards are just mindblowing horrible when compared to Paladin and Mage. What was your late game like?
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2173 (isolation #5) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:59 am

Post by AstralFlare »

Yeah general consensus is that Mage is best, then Paladin, and after that it gets a lot more mixed up. I personally think priest is next strongest, but everyone else disagrees with me so yeah, I'm probably wrong. Whatever you do just don't pick warrior.

Arena heavily favours cards with value and cards that can trade effectively, and Mage, Paladin (and Priest) hero powers let you do that. Warlock is great too, as its hero power can be insane in long games. Mage has Fireball and Polymorph, two of the best removal spells in the game. They also have a strong board clear in Flamestrike. Not to mention strong class drops like Water Elemental. I also find their secrets amazing at times, as they can be extremely hard to play around. All of those are mana efficient removal options, or have the ability to trade 2 for 1. This is what makes Mage the strongest class in Arena.

For your drafting purposes, you can try http://www.heartharena.com, its algorithm is relatively accurate.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2176 (isolation #6) » Sun Aug 23, 2015 2:38 am

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2175, Glork wrote:Of course, everything changes tomorrow anyway. \o/

oooh yeah. I just had a thought. Since TGT is going to decrease the average quality of cards, can I just draft an arena deck now and play it post TGT to compete with the weaker cards? *12winsboys*
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2261 (isolation #7) » Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:34 am

Post by AstralFlare »

Yeah a second Violet Teacher would probably be better than Assassinate in that list. Assassin's Blade might be good in the current greedy control meta tbh, test it out and see if it suits your playstyle. Otherwise just grind for Naxx2, sludge and loatheb are super great. 700 gold for a guaranteed useful legendary is insane.

Can someone please look true my current Zoo list and suggest optimizations? It brought me to Rank 9 last season but I can't seem to make it past 12 on this one:

https://veuwer.com/i/343d
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2283 (isolation #8) » Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:37 am

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2262, Ellibereth wrote:do you have naxx

only up to 2
In post 2263, Ellibereth wrote:if you don't have two doom guards the arcane golem face zoo is probably better zzz

I've 2, but having 2 of those in your hand just feels really clunky.
In post 2264, Ellibereth wrote:basically all of your one of's are hella weird where you have 1 of a good card and 1 of a shitty one.

Which do you suggest I cut?
In post 2265, chamber wrote:why leper gnomes in that list?

Good point can't really think of a reason why. Think I'll replace with another Abusive and another Squire?
In post 2268, chamber wrote:Abusive Sargent seems way better at the very least.

In post 2269, Ellibereth wrote:well yeah he should run that instead of squire

I find Squire rlly helps against faster decks like Face Hunter who usually run a lot of 2/1s it trades 1 for 2 in these cases. But yeah I added abusives

I've made two more decks, one improving my previous one based on your suggestions, and the other some face warlock deck. Would love input on both.

Aggro: https://veuwer.com/i/345g.png (Wrathguard?)
Face: https://veuwer.com/i/345h.png (What do i cut lepers for?)
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2295 (isolation #9) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:08 am

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2294, animorpherv1 wrote:My god Warlock class is pure awful. Trying to get all the classes to level 10 right now.

What deck are you using? Warlock as a class is fairly strong I would say. Its hero power is the best in the game. And versatile too, there's like 4 different archetypes. (Handlock, Dmonlock, Zoo Dreadsteed).
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2308 (isolation #10) » Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:24 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 2303, Sudo_Nym wrote:You can do just fine in ranked with basic cards, provided you don't care about getting above rank 15. That said, you'd do best with something like Mage, which has good stuff in its basic cards, rather than stuff like Warlock or Shaman that needs a lot of class cards that aren't in its basic set.

What rank was that at?

I'm at eleven now ;-;

Return to “The Arcade”