Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #0) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:55 am

Post by Uite »

So, I checked out this game a few days ago, and it does seem pretty nice. So far I'm doing pretty well on casual with the basic decks, but I know that's not exactly the whole game. I'm a little bit overwhelmed by the deckbuilder though. I just don't know how to begin or where to aim for. Does anyone have some good tips on how to get started with that?
[ɜytə] — Ceterum censeo spumam delendam esse

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #1) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:27 am

Post by Uite »

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense, and the way you describe it actually makes it sound more like chess than M:tG oddly enough.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (isolation #2) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:06 pm

Post by Uite »

Might as well share my id with you :) It's Dauphni#2409

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (isolation #3) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 12:30 pm

Post by Uite »

I don't know what it is about this Priest deck I built, but people have been conceding on only turn 4-5 while they're at nearly full health...

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by Uite »

In post 263, AGar wrote:h4x.
Nah, I think I just massively outclassed a lot of newbies due to my M:tG experience. I got a run of 12 straight wins which took me all the way to rank 18 so I may have gotten a little cocky, but now I'm having
much
more trouble with my opponents. It seems my deck really isn't that amazing after all when playing against people who actually know how the game works ;)

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:05 am

Post by Uite »

Hmm, I didn't see the invite. Must be because I'm on the EU server... I sent one the other way just in case.

If you choose Play mode, you can see two tabs in the top right, one labelled ‘casual’ and one labelled ‘ranked.’ On the ranked tab there's a little icon with a number on it. That's your current rank. If you haven't played any ranked matches yet it's probably going to be 25.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #6) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:28 am

Post by Uite »

I think it does, because otherwise my friends list wouldn't still be empty...

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #7) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:52 am

Post by Uite »

I haven't had Battle.net account since the days of Warcraft 3, so I may be a bit out of the loop on all that.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #8) » Tue Apr 08, 2014 9:41 am

Post by Uite »

What I've really noticed is how the people I'm facing have way more expensive cards than me. Right now I'm lucky if I have one or two rares that fit my decks, yet my opponents are all using marvellous combos with their rare and higher cards. I guess that's just the pain of being a newbie ;)

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:35 am

Post by Uite »

In post 274, vezokpiraka wrote:I can tell you that you can friends no matter what the server. You can also play against them even if they aren't form your server.
I've done it,
Absolutely not true.

I just connected to the NA server and I finally saw the invites. Sadly, all of the progress I made on the EU server doesn't transfer there, and now that I'm back on EU my friends list is empty again. It seems like they're pretty much completely separate. Great job, Blizzard :facepalm:

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #10) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:56 am

Post by Uite »

Are you sure their accounts were on another server?

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #11) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:58 am

Post by Uite »

In other news, TotalBiscuit's Hearthstone videos are hilarious.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (isolation #12) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:44 pm

Post by Uite »

I remember playing Shadow Word: Death on a 20/20 Lightwell a couple days ago. So satisfying.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #13) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:15 am

Post by Uite »

I love playing them. If I can coin to get my Shieldbearer and Northshire Cleric up on turn one, then get Lightwell on the next, I'm a happy priest :)

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #14) » Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:38 pm

Post by Uite »

This is what I'm running right now: Priest Deck. I feel like it's performing quite well for such a cheap deck, but it definitely has room for improvement. Any suggestions?

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:19 am

Post by Uite »

Well, I'm still fairly new and I haven't dropped any actual money on the game yet, so what I have available is just the set of basics, several commons, and only a few rares. So yeah, not much in that department, but really, any tips for cards that
would
work well are definitely appreciated, even if I'm be unable to put them in right away.

It may be a bit gimmicky, but it doesn't really rely on any one combo. Plus, I like gimmicks. :) I actually put in the Inner Fire and Divine Spirit quite late, and it did pretty decently without them.

Early game is definitely weak, all I'm doing is surviving until I can get going. I'm not really sure on how to improve that without significantly taking away from my late game strength though.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:54 am

Post by Uite »

Good tips, I can work with that. What would you suggest in place of Shieldbearer though? That is one of the few cards that keep me safe early game, that four health for one mana is quite valuable to me. Same with Acolyte of Pain. I don't have the actual stats on that, but I feel like I'm getting about three cards out of it on average, so it would beat actually out Arcane Intellect for draw in addition to the benefit of having a minion on the table. I really need that draw...

I don't really get the appeal of Harvest Golem. I see a lot of people playing them, but they have yet to give me any trouble whatsoever. Those other minions are definitely solid. I'm actually considering taking out Frostwolf Warlord. It's definitely nice to have when you have a well populated board, but it is unreliable. Then again, having your minions simultaneously shout ‘For the Horde’ and ‘For the Alliance’ while you attack is pretty funny :p I've also been toying with the idea of putting Young Priestesses in there, but they may be a little too fragile to be worth it.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:33 am

Post by Uite »

In post 323, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 319, Uite wrote:What would you suggest in place of Shieldbearer though? That is one of the few cards that keep me safe early game, that four health for one mana is quite valuable to me.
You're taking up a card in your deck that essentially says "1 Mana: Heal 4 Health". It's not that great in the deck you're trying to run here. You're a Priest, to boot... you have enough incidental heal (and a heal power) that you shouldn't care if you take some extra damage early
Well, it's not so much about protecting ME as it is about protecting whatever else I have on the board early game, such as Lightwells and Northshire Clerics. It's my only cheap taunt, and I'm fairly low on taunt as it is...

As for the Harvest Golem, I can see that. I can usually send a Northshire Cleric or Acolyte of Pain after it, which can then be healed so they effectively take no damage while giving me cards, so I tend to come out ahead when it's played. It's not like I'm using that mana for anything else early game anyway :p

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #18) » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:12 am

Post by Uite »

Thanks! I'll play around with it and see how it works. As I said before, I'm still quite new and I don't really have a solid grasp on deckbuilding yet, so again thanks for the help :)

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:21 am

Post by Uite »

Too many hunters! I can deal with them most of the time but when half your opponents are playing the same deck it just gets boring...

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #348 (isolation #20) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:57 am

Post by Uite »

Priest is actually fairly decent against it, in my experience at least. You've got the cheap control to deal with the aggression and combos, secrets can be played around, and healing negates the hero power. At least until they topdeck a King Krush, but even that can be Mind Controlled if you survive.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #21) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 2:25 am

Post by Uite »

Well, Priest already favours high health minions, so they can soak up a bit of the UtH nonsense and heal afterwards. Holy Smite and Shadow Word: Pain can pick off most of the combo beasts before they really get going, as can Holy Nova when they've filled up the board. Judicious use of Northshire Cleric can give you a really nice card advantage, which you ARE going to need to keep yourself safe.

Beyond that, some high health taunt is good, especially if you can use it to protect Flesheating Ghouls while the hordes of weenies bash into you. It's definitely not a sure bet, but at least you've got a fighting chance.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #355 (isolation #22) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:52 am

Post by Uite »

You'd think so, but in practice it usually falls onto my other, bigger minions.

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #23) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:02 pm

Post by Uite »

Q: What do you do when your opponent has a Starving Buzzard out, and likely a Snake Trap and Explosive Trap as secrets, while you only have a single 2 health minion?

A: You play your Northshire Clerics, Power Word: Shield your two health minion and trigger the explosive trap with it. Then you play your Holy Nova, and now you have three minions out vs none of the opponent's, and your hand is up to nine cards. GG.

Priest may not be the best class in the game right now, but I just love doing stuff like that...

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #24) » Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Post by Uite »

And then I go down turn four to a Rogue Mana Addict supercombo. Wow

Uite
Uite
Mafia Scum
Uite
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (isolation #25) » Wed May 14, 2014 1:18 am

Post by Uite »

Is it just me or has the variety gone down even more since the last patch? It seems like all the hunters switched to warlocks, and add that to all the warlocks already running around, and it feels like I'm facing them in 70% of my games now.

Return to “The Arcade”