LoL eSports Discussion

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (isolation #0) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:56 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Sleep on TSM
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Vulcan can either shit the bed or go to the semis, I see no middle groound for them.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:32 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Money
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #3) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Tamuz »

Man U would suck in the MLS. Whoever made that comparison should feel ashamed of themself.

Also, does anyone else remember the stink when Jatt represented both the US and Canada in the World Championships?

That I can understand the stink because the teams were actually nationally-aligned. At this point they aren't, so w/e come on over Koreans, stimulate this economy!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:40 am

Post by Tamuz »

19m30s + talking
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:41 am

Post by Tamuz »

Well that doesn't read as anti-semitic or anything.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:55 am

Post by Tamuz »

In post 266, zoraster wrote:what actually is the dividing line between what is and isn't allowed as a NA team? Do you have to live in a NA country?

Why do people have to meet the requirement for being president to play in Panz's league? Immigrants can be senators, governors, etc. why not play in an online game?
We need to pin down some terms; can immigrants become senators, governers etc. without citizenship or green card. If I had a work visa only, could I become a senator? Residency is important, if they're representing a region they should be part of that region, rather than temporary.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #7) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:02 am

Post by Tamuz »

oh, totally. Fuck born and raised, that's insane nepotism.

But there certainly is a fear ingrained in our generation that our precious comfy white jobs are being taken. The Mexicans, the Indians, the Chinese are all taking our jobs, now the Koreans want to represent us? Clearly the proper response is tighter restrictions rather than getting better.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #8) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by Tamuz »

When has a sporting franchase relocated countries, mykonian?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:25 pm

Post by Tamuz »

In post 283, mykonian wrote:In most modern sports I don't even know where entire teams move within borders, leave alone across borders. It's usually individuals. Not sure how it actually makes a difference for the argument, though. Both times the opposition becomes something different, something new. That's your opportunity to learn, to adapt. And people who are competative do. It's not a empty sentence that competition makes one better. You learn from playing against someone more capable.

Because the discussion is not about players moving borders, free-agenting to an existing franchise. The issue is against franchises changing their region completely. If the seed spots in a tournament are meant to represent a region, you would expect that the franchise to have a majority of residents or citizens of that region. How would you feel if the Chelsea line-up represented Qataar in the next world cup? Should that be ok? What if they train on Qataari soil, that better?

There is a reason Oil Barons can't buy world cups, just Champions League Silverwear.

re Jacksonville -> London... I'd never heard the idea, but wow. Logistically one of the stupidest things I've ever heard.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (isolation #10) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:34 pm

Post by Tamuz »

In this tournament teams represent regions. I'm coming to the same conclusion as GreyICE now.

Grey, results based analysis is generally bad, leads to kneejerks. Teams have at least tens of games of Fizz v Ahri in all of their sparring matches, their conclusions of 'good/bad choice' likely come from that, not the game 1 hour ago by 2 completely different teams.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Post by Tamuz »

POCARI SWEAT

IS

A

SOFTDRINK
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 pm

Post by Tamuz »

It wasn't even champ select yet :(

Think we'll see Ashe Zyra before Cloud 9, I like the lane a lot.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Korean Ryze & a Singed, fun times ahead.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Post by Tamuz »

In post 315, quadz08 wrote:HEY, YOU. STOP TALKING ABOUT ONGOING GAMES. SERIOUSLY. DON'T DO IT. EVER. AT ALL. ANYWHERE.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Protect the kog maw still works (when the enemy doesn't pick any assassins).
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #16) » Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:42 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I'd say what I said is more about what Gambit did right.

The kog pick was a reaction to the lack of up-front burst from Ozone's solo lane, and the R-vision passive is always good against a Vayne.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Tamuz »

But that is what makes the Korean teams scary, they may not need to win early games.

It's one of the things that made Cloud 9's LCS run so impressive. Even if they weren't winning the first 10-15 minutes, their mid game (and team-planning) was impressive enough that they could win games despite digging themselves holes. Of course they didn't dig holes that often, but the ability to play from behind is something that (imo) the NA and EU teams lack, relative to the Asian scene. I'm interested to see how it plays out later.

Another thing to keep in mind, theoretically these are the 3,4 Korean teams playing against the 1-3s from other regions.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:59 am

Post by Tamuz »

One of the Asian WCS players is in my aram right now, lol.

6x dorans ring on AP trist for the first 17 minutes, still better than anyone else.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Because Mineski are tactically, creatively and mechanically deficient relative to the best of established leagues.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:17 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Yeah... I'm a night owl in WA, but the schedule even grates with me, I can't imagine eastcoasters :(
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:24 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Waking at 5 am isn't a huge diff from waking at 6 on a weekday. Staying up til 1:30 on a weekday is. Harumph.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #354 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:33 pm

Post by Tamuz »

That may just be Gambit reading Vulcan. They are aggressive as fuck, a smart team can use that.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:15 pm

Post by Tamuz »

A seeded team won't be this year's TPA.

Teams that could have the TPA story are, what? GG.EU and Mineski, and they are not real deals.

But again, we're seeing the WEAKEST qualifiers from the Asian regions vs the BEST qualifiers from EU. If all regions were equal (big if) Fnatic should stomp the round robin.

Kobe's eye contact is so far off the camera (and on the prompter) its bad.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:07 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Nobody has said it... but I think Zuna's been crap so far. He has some nice highlights, but his general play has been weak relative to the bot lanes he's faced, which has really hurt Vulcan.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:20 pm

Post by Tamuz »

And relative to Jgree/w/e. Even go back to LCS, Double on Trist, lolol I expect to be down 40 cs when I play Trist and I was up 20 against Zuna. (A later DoubleTrist game they went even).

But his play and the picks on SychoSquid has put all the pressure on Man and Xmithie to make the early/mid plays that win the game. In LCS Zuna's lane had gone up on Cloud 9 and TSM. The Vulcan Supp + AD can not be this weak, but they're playing down.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:25 pm

Post by Tamuz »

It just changes the scale of strength / time, and it's based on Riot's theoretical metrics to measure team strengths.

As it goes we don't really have much more to use. But the set up of the tournament says we are seeing the weakest teams, and the Asian region have more stronger teams still held out than EU/NA.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #27) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Post by Tamuz »

We can argue which teams are the best in their regions until the cows come home, but it's simplest to accept seeding and not reevaluate until outcomes are set.

C9 got/gets global respect, I can see them winning, but they aren't massive underdogs by seed nor respect. Anyways Gambit Fnatic fun, then sleep.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #28) » Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:18 pm

Post by Tamuz »

A 16 has never beaten a 1, so no its not arbitrary

But really its just annoying as fuck on this site. Instead of having a conversation about a thing and how it is, we first have to debate how everyone would like a thing to be.
Its like if I made a thread about nyan cat, and instead of talking about nyan cat I had to debate that the standard definition of cat applied. There are seedings, if you don't like them fine, but discussing reality those seeds reflect how the format of this tournament and its sub-tournaments measure strength. That is the metric that exists, its the metric we have to use.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #29) » Tue Sep 17, 2013 6:41 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Maybe they'll pull a wildcard. Make good on the Regi top Dyrus mid.

Regi Karthus top, Dyrus Soraka mid. GG.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (isolation #30) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:01 am

Post by Tamuz »

rain man sub needed
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #31) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:22 am

Post by Tamuz »

In post 440, zoraster wrote:I could easily imagine a self-coached U21 squad in the same situation pulling something similar(putting a defender up front, having a striker as keeper, etc.). That doesn't excuse it, but at the same time it's hard for me to get mad about something like this with few consequences for either team (it would have been totally different if some other team needed GG to lose or something) doing something they think might be fun.
The majority of the Sounder's youth players are playing in different positions under Sigi (the winningest MLS coach) than they played in college/High-school/Select.

I think this is just people looking for something to bitch at TSM about. Nobody bitched that Krepo and Froggen swapped or Fnatic Support and Fnatic top.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:01 am

Post by Tamuz »

In post 454, dramonic wrote:IMO what TSM did was moronic, but not inherently wrong. They are only screwing themselves over, nbd
And what Mineski did was valiant, right?

This current complaint is the worst.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #461 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:12 am

Post by Tamuz »

Less after taxes.

I wonder if Riot helps them with a 401k
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #463 (isolation #34) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:21 am

Post by Tamuz »

How so? ( I have 0 sense of fiscal law)

And that basically means they can't shelter any of their earnings... which is rough.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #35) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:35 am

Post by Tamuz »

And?

They still have to declare prize winnings + salary + stream + sponsorship. If none of the sources give them a means to put away money before taxes they're gonna be in a nasty bracket, even if they're all HoHs.

Then again the LCS salary is so low, lol
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #469 (isolation #36) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Post by Tamuz »

In post 466, zoraster wrote:you can have a 401k without an employer, but unless they're actual employees of riot, they'll be doing it on their own.

and given the amount of money they're making, they're not exactly in a high bracket.
We can't really know with the streaming and sponsorship revenues, but from what I've seen some will certainly see 25% federal, which most of them could have opportunity to hide out of. As contractors they're kinda rough up, isn't there also some extreme thing California does with competition earnings?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (isolation #37) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:27 pm

Post by Tamuz »

The casters didn't mention TRM once, they were terrible considering its TSM and he's the only pro Teemo player.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (isolation #38) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:31 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Its a way to validly fill colour time without giving everything over to the PbP instead of capitulating.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:24 pm

Post by Tamuz »

Color, analysis. These are different things, We aren't seeing eye to eye, you and I, I didn't explicitly say so, but I'm more referring to load-in speech.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I like that China kills China.

I'm sad that Sjockz didn't mention brotherkilling.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #510 (isolation #41) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:59 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I am so happy Tabe is speaking English.

It has really bothered me that all the Europeans (had to?) speak English, yet not a single Asian got or took the chance to show their English until him.

Then again, I'd have liked one of the Americans to speak a 2nd language in some broadcast, just for show.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (isolation #42) » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Post by Tamuz »

I'm still kinda annoyed by the immediate China-China elim round.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (isolation #43) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:33 pm

Post by Tamuz »

The way crumbzz is speaking to cover up his lisp. Hilarious and educational!
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (isolation #44) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Post by Tamuz »

is there no 3/4 match?

Cause..what?
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (isolation #45) » Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 pm

Post by Tamuz »

TSM called room service and various take-out places to deliver food to CLG in 15 minute windows throughout the night before their head to head games, ensuring CLG got no sleep and were terrible the next morning.

Dig and Curse also colluded to play an ARAM instead of a real game.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (isolation #46) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:59 am

Post by Tamuz »

There was also the time Faker was high on cocaine and used an illegal part of his body to make a play, but no official saw it at the time so he got away with it.
Last edited by Tamuz on Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #47) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Tamuz »

My bad, confusing people for Maradona again.
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (isolation #48) » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:58 am

Post by Tamuz »

In post 564, Tamuz wrote:TSM called room service and various take-out places to deliver food to CLG in 15 minute windows throughout the night before their head to head games, ensuring CLG got no sleep and were terrible the next morning.

crap, was thinking of this: http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameon/20 ... s/2093631/

Man esports is so boring even their scandals suck
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #587 (isolation #49) » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Tamuz »

You guys advising zora to play LoL was terrible. Look at all his sunk time now.

Return to “The Arcade”