LoL eSports Discussion

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (isolation #0) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:51 am

Post by KageLord »

C9 continues to impress after another early misstep (this time against CLG). Not many teams will come back from a 3/0 Doublelift Trist who is also ahead 30-40 cs.
Show
Manga Version of Mafia... WTF?

Record:

Town: 5W/3L
Mafia: 3W/2L
KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 134, JDodge wrote:
In post 133, KageLord wrote:C9 continues to impress after another early misstep (this time against CLG). Not many teams will come back from a 3/0 Doublelift Trist who is also ahead 30-40 cs.
plenty of teams can and do come back from doublelift getting an early advantage, all he does is farm all day and doesnt use his advantages to actually secure objectives
A 3/0 and cs advantage (also didn't mention Chauster didn't die for these kills either)? Idk about that. And recently Dlift has been changing that.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #138 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:50 pm

Post by KageLord »

lol I'm not saying he's the best ADC NA or anything but just that he isn't doing the "farm and ignore the rest of my team" thing as much anymore. Your own example is actually supporting my point.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (isolation #3) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:20 am

Post by KageLord »

http://na.lolesports.com/

is where you can go to watch LCS whenever it is on (it will also show EU LCS if NA isn't on). However this is the last week before the playoffs.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:32 am

Post by KageLord »

Anyway, the NA games broadcast starts in about half an hour.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (isolation #5) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:41 am

Post by KageLord »

How are you posting here without internet? O.o
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 16, 2013 3:38 pm

Post by KageLord »

<3 scarra
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (isolation #7) » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 am

Post by KageLord »

Those match my predictions except that I have C9 beating Vulcan 3-1 in the final. ;)
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:08 pm

Post by KageLord »

Damn it CLG, why you gotta lose to FreeSM? I don't like CLG, but I dislike TSM.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #9) » Sat Aug 31, 2013 5:00 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 178, quadz08 wrote:GO VULCUN

GO C9

FUCK TSM
My sentiments as well (though with C9 above Vulcan obviously).
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by KageLord »

What's the reward for winning the first split in NA?
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (isolation #11) » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:34 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 242, yessiree wrote:
In post 240, GreyICE wrote:Well it grows to extremes. Like right now the Starcraft "World Championship" with players from "each region" contains 15 Koreans and NaNiwa. Only one NA player made it into the top 32, despite America having its own league.

That's what people are hoping to avoid. The "North America Top Finalists" being a bunch of Koreans and Scarlett is kinda blah (as awesome as Scarlett is). The NA scene in league has a rich history and some great personalities, and I don't want them edged out by Korean teams with better funding and better organization.
That looks to me like NA needs to step up their game. I think Quantic Gaming is a special case, given that Locodocco had ties with CLG. No other Koreans would go out of their way to play in the NA scene. That's like putting a team with Man United's caliber to Major League Soccer.

There is little benefit for Quantic Gaming, but it will benefit the NA scene as a whole. When NA teams get crushed consistently by this team, the urge to become better will be stronger.
I don't know if there is even a chance of it happening, but potentially the reason a Korean team would do that is if they can't cut it in Korea. So rather than putting Man U in MLS, they are the Jets going to the CFL (no hope of winning a Super Bowl but a very good chance of winning the CFL equivalent). The analogy would be better if there was also some big championship match that only the winners of each football league got to go to.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:14 am

Post by KageLord »

Despite NA pride I am hoping to see Gambit or Fnatic crush TSM later on if TSM make it through (after Dyrus's comments).
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #13) » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:43 am

Post by KageLord »

In post 416, Bub Bidderskins wrote:If Fnatic wins just one more game they clinch a spot in the quarterfinals, and they play Mineski tomorrow.
So you're saying they have to win a game tomorrow knowing they'll be losing one already?
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:23 am

Post by KageLord »

In post 438, mykonian wrote:
In post 433, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:What a shitty mentality for a big event like this.
It cost them money even. That's trolling 15k away.
Would they have won the tiebreaker for position there? Winning would have put them even with LD and I think they have a 1-1 record, so I don't know what the next tie-break is. I would hope that TSM checked that they couldn't win the spot before doing something like this.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #467 (isolation #15) » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 am

Post by KageLord »

It's probably enough money in all that, even after taxes, to make a decent living though, which is good enough for me.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:24 pm

Post by KageLord »

Eh C9 didn't play their best I think. Lemon got caught a couple times uncharacteristically and their rotations in game 1 were below their normal level.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #516 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:08 am

Post by KageLord »

TheOddOne effectively jungles Elise a lot. I think Meteos played her as well. And maaaaaaybe Cyanide.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 533, BROseidon wrote:because impact
He heard you. He doesn't need a real weapon.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:08 pm

Post by KageLord »

In post 552, KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:I disagree. While Toplane was destroyed in every match, mid went very even, but Faker got help from the jungle where White did not. Uzi played well, but Tabe played sloppy and the duo in general did not do well in 2v2 matchups. But all their mistakes were made in the pick/ban phase before the game even began, so it's their own fault. Letting Jax through three times with little to no answer.
I wouldn't say "all their mistakes". A big deal of them, sure. But they still had chances in the games and just made even more mistakes. Me and my friends were also wondering whether the Jax thing was just Godlike telling his team that he could definitely handle it and then failing horribly to do so.
In post 556, JDodge wrote:royal club's losses had less to do with getting stomped in lane and more to do with the following:

game 2, for pretty much no reason they decided to pick kassadin into zed and proceeded to give up early advantages to a push comp (which you can't do if you value your buildings); SKT actually pushed their advantage fairly ineffectively (including the one fight they lost due to poor ez positioning at mid inner turret) and won that game significantly slower than they probably should have (royal club's comp was a bit of a ticking time bomb)
I wouldn't say for pretty much no reason. Giving him Zed might have been pretty much no reason, no way to know, but the Kassadin was relatively effective.
game 3, kennen facechecked a bush at level 1
while having shuriken leveled, meaning he had a free check
and immediately got dumpstered in the 2v1 (my main wonder with that, by the way, was why if the SKT plan was to wait in that bush, zyra started Q instead of E; i understand the reasoning for that as a general lane bullying tactic starting at 2, but it's obvious they planned the bush gank fairly early) - the rest of the game was best described as a cavalcade of mediocrity
I very much agree with the Kennen thing and that's exactly what I said at the time. I'm guessing Zyra assumed a laner for a world finals team that needed to win the game to stay alive, who had also just gotten stomped for the past 2 games, would not face-check. That's my only real guess as to what happened there.
this was the biggest chance for league and esports in general to showcase itself on the big stage; multinational corporate sponsorship has begun to emerge in the form of samsung and coke, minor associations are springing up with the NFL, etc.

instead what we got was a completely irrelevant and incomprehensible opening something because OOH LOOK CRYSTAL METHOD, probably the worst bo3 series of the tournament, and a completely lifeless and hypeless closing and award presentation

all of this followed a bracket format that lead to two of the least-impressive looking teams getting first round byes (gama bears and C9, who i maintain were potentially the
weakest
looking NA team there - TSM held fairly solid in the group of death and Vulcun would have advanced past groups if they could fix their terminal case of the throws caused by mancloud being greedy and zuna's godawful overaggro positioning) and an unacceptable number of completely pointless matches in the group stages, and poor pacing of the schedule leading to a fairly hype start tapering off into a complete loss of momentum

at the end of the day, i feel that an objective comparison of riot's work with S3 worlds and valve's work with dota 2's TI3 tilts heavily, heavily, heavily in the favor of valve, but the money/popularity sits in riot's court - for the benefit of esports worldwide, riot needed to learn from the successes of others, and instead disappeared up their own asses and put on a show significantly worse than it should have been (thus significantly letting down esports as a whole - league is the big game on the scene at the moment, and riot needs to be setting the standard high or meeting the high standards of others)
I agree about the opening, the worst bo5 series, and the closing comments. But saying C9 were weak is pretty unfair. The comment would be ridiculous to me if the word "looking" wasn't thrown on there (as saying they were the weakest NA team doesn't make sense, but saying they looked worse could be argued for). If C9 were in group stage I wouldn't have been surprised if they advanced over SKT (not saying SKT were worse, but they had a slow start and that could have spelt death if C9 was going undefeated at the time) or Gambit. I think they really suffered from being thrown in cold against a clearly strong team that was on a hot streak and had that Fnatic playstyle. Lemon made some very uncharacteristic mistakes in that series that really screwed them over and I don't think he would have done that after playing a strong team in groups once. I think the C9-TSM games have shown that C9 is a league apart when they are on their game and if you are giving Vulcan the botd by saying they would have done better if... you should be giving that to C9 and saying they would have done better if Lemon (or even better, the whole team) didn't get caught out when they didn't have vision of the enemy team. If they managed to win some teamfights when behind pretty big gold, imagine what they could have done if they didn't make some early mistakes (which compounded throughout the course of the game). Just like Royal they have to live with the big mistakes they made and the fact that they made those proves they just didn't deserve to win it this time.
Show

Record:

KageLord
KageLord
Goon
KageLord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #578 (isolation #20) » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:50 pm

Post by KageLord »

BJERGSEN REPLACING REGI ON TSM?!?!?!

But seriously, this is awesome. I can actually support TSM now (second after C9 ofc). And they actually might have a shot in NA.
Show

Record:

Return to “The Arcade”