Board Games!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (isolation #0) » Thu May 30, 2013 10:25 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 507, Andrius wrote:So, Game of Thrones: the Board game.

Thoughts/comments/whatnot? Considering getting it for the house since we watch it as a house and it'd be something cool to do on GoT sundays.
In post 508, chamber wrote:Its very heavy and incredibly long.
:?: :?: subjective...

In fact there is an awesome game designed 20 minute tutorial on youtube to explain the rules. Albeit the first game takes quite the learning curve. It plays 3-6... 4 may be ideal, but then again I've never done 6...(only played a handful of times, got it for my brother for christmas)

Still the game once known is like 3-4 hours (has a 7 turn limit). First one is like 5-6 hours.. Not bad, I'm use to Axis and Allies 6 hour minimum.

Needless to say I highly recommend the game. Its so backstabbingly cool.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (isolation #1) » Thu May 30, 2013 10:47 am

Post by Benmage »

In post 510, Andrius wrote:Yeah, my house is comprised of Axis/Allies vets (and me) so that shouldn't be a problem.
Probably looking at 3-4 players on average.

Just trying to get a feel for what other scummers think before I go buy it.
The concept is very cool.. because theirs no luck in dice.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (isolation #2) » Thu May 30, 2013 10:48 am

Post by Benmage »

^Give the tutorial a go. It may be a little overwhelming without the rules to refer to.

Also there's helpful quicksheets.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (isolation #3) » Thu May 30, 2013 12:47 pm

Post by Benmage »

Ah ya it probably helps that most involved are GoT addicts.

Return to “The Arcade”