The Pokemon Nuzlocke Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
forehead7
forehead7
Goon
forehead7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (isolation #0) » Tue May 22, 2012 10:28 am

Post by forehead7 »

Might restart my ruby and try this, I never actually did finish it because I couldn't catch Groudon(didn't want to masterball it) and the gave up and bought a DSlite to play SoulSilver. I don't fancy restarting either of my White or Platinum and if I restart SS it'll be for my Lance run, that kinda only leaves Ruby.
forehead7
forehead7
Goon
forehead7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #70 (isolation #1) » Tue May 22, 2012 11:08 am

Post by forehead7 »

In post 67, Oversoul wrote:Why would you guys ever want to do this? Seems like torture. Especially a no items run.

Amrun, did you ever get your WiFi + Dream World working?

To make it harder? Unless you do a monotype run or something like that then Pokemon is very easy. Hell, with type effectiveness and stat benefit, you can be taking pokemon 5-10 levels above you.
forehead7
forehead7
Goon
forehead7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #2) » Tue May 22, 2012 9:48 pm

Post by forehead7 »

In post 71, Oversoul wrote:
In post 70, forehead7 wrote:
In post 67, Oversoul wrote:Why would you guys ever want to do this? Seems like torture. Especially a no items run.

Amrun, did you ever get your WiFi + Dream World working?

To make it harder? Unless you do a monotype run or something like that then Pokemon is very easy. Hell, with type effectiveness and stat benefit, you can be taking pokemon 5-10 levels above you.

This isn't what I consider difficult.

This is what I consider boring and filled with grinding.

Also, I've never felt that Pokemon was always easy (what do you consider beating the game?). Of course, I seem to have the worst luck and always get hit by crits or effects or some other random shit that life decides to throw at me.

I'm curious at some of the names, though. :P

If you get to a pokemon like Whitney's Miltank then it can be quite difficult. It certains adds to the difficulty.

It doesn't matter if it's just beating the elite four(once/twice), beating Red if it's HGSS or completing the pokedex, it's not particularly difficult. It's time consuming but not particularly difficult. Add stipulations to the game makes it harder.
forehead7
forehead7
Goon
forehead7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #95 (isolation #3) » Wed May 23, 2012 4:25 am

Post by forehead7 »

In post 94, Xdaamno wrote:I like Nuzlockes, so this thread reminded me to start one on my Soul Silver game. I got ambushed by RED before the second Azalea town gym, and he wiped me out :(

My level 10 spearow was the last to die, so rather than starting over I'm going to keep that guy. There are no more Pokemon around until we've done this gym, though :lol:

Have you got headbutt? You can get some from headbutt trees and there's some of those trees in Azalea.

Return to “The Arcade”