The Mafiascum World of Warcraft Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:30 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Figures it would be the time waster I picked up after flaking that ends up enticing me to post again here.

Kairyuu - 85 Troll Shaman (enhancement) - Uldum

Probably won't be doing much/anything with this tonight, but it's highly likely that I'll end up making an alt on one of the servers some of you guys are on within the next few days. Is there a specific one that I should use, and a particular faction I should pick, so as to maximize the number of scummers I can bother?
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:53 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Jazzert - 12 Troll Druid (Balance, but will dual spec into Resto) - Lightning's Blade
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:59 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Oman: That particular quest made me want to rip my hair out when I was levelling my main. Targetting those speedy little fuckers is almost impossible on a touchpad.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #458 (isolation #3) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:43 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Oh hai again. This thread got big.

Ended up giving up on keeping up with reck and dram on my kitty, and rolling a DK instead. 'course, then I found out that I don't particularly like the way DKs play, so he's sitting at 60 and probably not going anywhere.

New plan. My roommate's main and most of his alts on Uldum are alliance, so we never do anything together anyway. Therefore, I'm going to move my main over to Lightning's Blade. Possibly tonight. Possibly tomorrow.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Oh, and since I can't be bothered to dig through the thread again for realID info, here's mine:

bev2@case.edu
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #5) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:04 am

Post by Kairyuu »

The server is actually up and running right now. I'm logged in briefly before heading off to lab.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #6) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Hmm. Windfury weapon changes for shamans are pretty nice. The JP changes for normal dungeons are also very nice. I like this patch.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #7) » Tue Feb 08, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Law of Averages and Modus Operandi both sound good to me.

In other news, I feel like running a heroic, but don't feel like doing one without at least one guildy present. Therefore, Reck and/or tans should totally log on so we can run one together.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 am

Post by Kairyuu »

100% glad I decided to server transfer. Running with tans (and Reck too, for part of it) has convinced me that I actually AM good enough to run heroics. Also got me some pretty damn nice gear, but that's just a bonus.

To clarify though, because I feel like pissing tans off instead of Reck :P :

Reck died early due to Alpha beams both times we fought the second mandatory boss of HoO, but he was second only to me on Rajh (final boss) and did exactly what he needed to do on the first boss.

On Ozruk in Stonecore we wiped over a dozen times because tans kept getting killed by ground slam. But it was totally the lock's fault, lol.

That said, tans is an excellent tank, and should definitely keep giving us those wonderful insta-queues. :cool:

Oh, and SFK is a joke now. First boss: tank and spank, interrupt every so often. Second boss: Tank and spank, but pull somewhere. Third boss: Don't stand in giant purple fire, and dont stand in green circles. Fourth boss: tank and spank. Final boss: Don't stand in bullets. We wiped all of TWICE because we mispulled the second boss once, and a random warrior screwed up on the third boss, dropping overall dps low enough that we got overwhelmed by adds. Other than that, cakewalk, and huge amounts of little trash means it's wonderful for rep.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:03 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

/shakefist

Stupid tests and having to devote an entire day/night to studying for them.

At least now I have an excuse for if I lose out to you in dps, however likely that may or may not be.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (isolation #10) » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Kairyuu »

So it seems that one of my other roommates (4 of us in total play wow) finally reactivated his account this past weekend, hit 85, and is now planning on server transferring. He might end up coming to Lightning's Blade if he decides he doesn't want to faction change in order to hang out on my old main server.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/218 ... b-are-back!

I believe that should give a clearer explanation for some of the changes. For example, shamans don't have Fire Nova pulse from the totem, and cause enemies affected by flame shock to explode. Instead, the target with flame shock on it is the source of the fire nova. In addition, fire mages are actually getting a nerf (I would be quite surprised if the second highest average dps spec was getting a buff). The proc used to be off of any spell, periodic or non-periodic. The periodic component is being removed.

This is the source for the above link, direct from Blizzard:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1604 ... oming-soon

Unfortunately for Jdodge, I see no mention of a change to aspect of the hawk.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (isolation #12) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:38 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@tans: You do realize that death strike itself WILL still cause threat, yes? All you're losing is the small amount of aoe threat you now generate through the healing component.

Somehow my roommate asking that the hacker not vend my main's gear got them to actually listen. Unfortunately, the hurricane deck that was sitting in my bag waiting for the faire to come back wasn't so lucky. Nor was the 1k gold I had. Thus far Blizzard has brought back the stuff I lost off of my kitty druid (100g and some leather) and my warlock (about 90s worth of equipment). Why they didn't restore the 85 before the 48 and the 27 I have no idea, but they'll get to it eventually. Hopefully before the faire leaves again after next week.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (isolation #13) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:49 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I dunno what I ended up doing to get myself hacked. The only addons I use are from the Curse website, and I never log on to ANYTHING on computers that aren't mine. Whatever it was, I'm not the only one. One of my roommates got lucky and had his account locked before the hacker could do anything, and one of the officers in another rommate's guild got hacked DURING RAID last night.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (isolation #14) » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:12 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2259389

Jdodge should have a look at that. The reason it wasn't in the patch notes is apparently because the aspect of the hawk change is already active in the hotfixes.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Well that was fun. I got invited to a Bastion of Twilight run while running BH this past Tuesday, and ended up getting Reck and BBM in for it at the last second today. It was my first ever raid, and I was very pleased with my results.

We managed to down everything but Cho'gall by the time we were finished, and I managed to be top dps on both Halfus and Valiona/Theralion. BBM and I even got invited back for Monday's BWD run with them (Reck's dps still needs a fair amount of work, but if he can bring it up they said they'd be happy to have him back).

Apparently this is going to be a regular twice weekly thing, and since the group seems rather competant, I'm very much looking forward to doing more of this.

@Reck: Mike and I took a look at your numbers for the Valiona kill, and we have a pretty good idea of what you're doing wrong now. Once the three of us are all available to discuss, we can probably help your dps by a fair amount.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (isolation #16) » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Fine, fine.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #851 (isolation #17) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:59 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Current tier of raiding isn't all it's cracked up to be. BBM and I got to 7/12 over the course of 2 days with a semi-PuG (it was a group of random people, but was mostly set up in advance, and most of the group was the same between the two days), and none of those fights were particularly interesting.

Magmaw - Stand there and dps, pop bloodlust during spike phase.
Omnitron - Don't stand in shit, keep one move interrupted, and switch every time one of them gets to 50% energy
Maloriak - Stack during red phase, spread during blue phase, kill adds during green phase
Atramedes - Don't stand in shit, know how to use the gongs

Halfus - Kill dragons, then get massive damage boost and kill boss.
Valiona and Theralion - Don't stand in shit, switch dragons when one takes off and the other lands, stack for the dispel, stay spread otherwise.
Ascendant Council (the only fight that's CLOSE to interesting) - phase 1 run through fire when you get the water debuff, all switch to fire guy when he pops a shield, get them both to 25% at the same time ... phase 2 get levitate buff before quake and grounded buff before thunderstorm thingy, dont stand in eruption, and get to edge of room when you've got lightning rod ... phase 3 make sure the boss stays out of the circles he spawns, pop bloodlust, and kill him before the large amounts of raid damage kills everyone.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

In other news, tans IS apparently still tanking for us. He had no problem tanking 10m Baradin Hold when I asked him to earlier today.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #882 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:04 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

More people should donate to the guild bank. We need like 1.25k more gold for that tab you guys said you wanted. I've already tossed in 500g, and am going to put in another 250 tonight, but that's not going to be enough.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (isolation #20) » Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:47 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Reck's structure looks perfectly reasonable to me. For the record, if we ever start raiding in 25 man, count me out. My computer can't come CLOSE to handling it. Both times I ran Baradin Hold 25m I lagged to the point of uselessness as soon as the first firestorm hit, and never recovered.

I'd also be perfectly willing to take on whatever responsibility people want to throw my way, though I'd rather not be in charge of recruitment.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (isolation #21) » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:29 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

If anyone has 10k gold they'd be willing to lend me I'd very much appreciate it. I found someone willing to sell me my BiS offhand (pre-heroic) for 7-8k cheaper than I could find it on the AH for (12k vs 19-20k) assuming I can get back to him by tomorrow, but I have no way of making the money that quickly.

I can probably pay back about 1k/day from farming leathers in TB.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (isolation #22) » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:20 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Indeed it is. Maimgor's Bite, to be exact. Hit/mastery for an enh shaman is literally the best itemization I could ask for outside of Hit/Expertise, which I'm fairly certain doesn't exist. Plus, 52 more weapon dps does a lot towards increasing lava lash damage. I intend to save up and buy it off the auction house even if I don't get the loan. In most cases, I'd consider that pretty stupid, but pretty much the only other viable offhand for me is the axe off of nefarian, which I'm never going to get (the haste proc on the pair of claws isn't even close to worth the fact that the offhand is strength instead of agility, though the agility ones as a mainhand is certainly something I'm considering saving for as well). Plus, the axe is crit/haste, both of which are pretty awful for me in comparison to mastery, so the bite is better. Hence, BiS pre-heroic raiding.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (isolation #23) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I'll try to be online tonight. RL shit has been eating up much of my time this past week.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (isolation #24) » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Oh, and if the position isn't already filled, I'd be happy to run/sign up or whatever for the raid leader spot.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1067 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Kairyuu »

AGar wrote:SO. MUCH. SHIT. TO. DO.

Working on getting so many factions exalted, plus Sulfuras.

Also, if you're looking for relatively easy gold, solo BC heroics once you hit 85. I dunno if the squishier classes can, but I get ~200-300 gold/hour.
Or if you're a skinner you can skin the crocs in TB. I make between 900 and 1300g/hour depending on how the leathers are selling that day, and it usually only takes a few hours for all of the stacks to sell (I generally farm 10 stacks at a time, which takes 45 minutes to an hour depending on how many other skinners are there).
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1070 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:08 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

hitogoroshi wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:
AGar wrote:SO. MUCH. SHIT. TO. DO.

Working on getting so many factions exalted, plus Sulfuras.

Also, if you're looking for relatively easy gold, solo BC heroics once you hit 85. I dunno if the squishier classes can, but I get ~200-300 gold/hour.
Or if you're a skinner you can skin the crocs in TB. I make between 900 and 1300g/hour depending on how the leathers are selling that day, and it usually only takes a few hours for all of the stacks to sell (I generally farm 10 stacks at a time, which takes 45 minutes to an hour depending on how many other skinners are there).
See, I just gotta say, I read stuff like this and I wonder where the appeal lies for WoW. :/
Some things cost money, and the easiest way to make money is to grind for it. I've done the above a total of 3 times for a total profit of over 3000 gold. Gold which I used to pay for raiding flasks, food, potions, reforging, enchants, etc.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1163 (isolation #27) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 8:21 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Reck should check his PM box.

Also, I'm just now getting over a nasty illness, and will likely be actually playing again within the next day or two.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (isolation #28) » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

New scrub joining us on LB. Convinced my another friend to start playing today, and bought him some game time for his birthday. Will probably be running with him for as long as I resist the urge to pass out tonight, and then get to other stuff (like farming so I can pay tans back) tomorrow or so.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1227 (isolation #29) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I may very well be around for drunk wow night tomorrow. I will not, however, be drunk.

In other news, we need to get some more guild heroics going (either regular or the new stuff). Those new guild challenges are really nice guild xp (300k 7 times/week, and/or 3M once/week if we could somehow down a raid boss).
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (isolation #30) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:29 am

Post by Kairyuu »

If dom wants to make me a +50 hit bracer enchant I would be ever so happy.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1245 (isolation #31) » Sat Apr 30, 2011 3:35 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp1TAbOF ... r_embedded

From now on I expect tans to be able to do THAT. :P
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (isolation #32) » Sun May 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Dom: Either one works. Agility is technically better than hit even below cap, but I'm only 2.5% short of cap and I'd rather like to hit it sometime before 4.2.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (isolation #33) » Mon May 02, 2011 10:20 am

Post by Kairyuu »

If you don't mind me not having any pvp gear (trading honor for justice to get heirlooms > buying pvp gear imo) then I'd be happy to join you guys.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (isolation #34) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@BBM: I don't want the heirlooms for the level speed. I want them for the op-ness. Already with just the weapon (unenchanted) my mage's spellpower doubled.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (isolation #35) » Tue May 03, 2011 10:22 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Oh, and a time frame for Thursday would be nice so I know when to sign on.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (isolation #36) » Thu May 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Messing around with addons and getting some more of them at the moment, but I'll be online within a half hour or so if we're going to do guild stuff.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (isolation #37) » Fri May 06, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Kairyuu »

So from what Agar and I gathered last night, it's perfectly possible to 2-3 man an al'ar mount run, but only if one of those 2-3 is a dedicated healer. Phase 3 is a PAIN. This MAY be enough for me to start working on reacquiring a resto set. I very much want that mount.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1286 (isolation #38) » Fri May 06, 2011 2:32 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@BBM: You were right originally. All sources confirm that it's not al'ar that drops the mount, but Kael'thas. If it were al'ar I can ALMOST solo it now, and probably would be able to with a few more practice attempts, as I'm just now starting to be able to get through phase 1 with no issues. Phase two I haven't figured out how to do yet, so I keep dying. Not that it matters, since it's phase 3 of Kael'thas that's insane (whole council up at once).
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (isolation #39) » Fri May 06, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Flameaxe wrote:I'd put money on a DK soloing anything.

Well, not EVERYTHING. Most things though.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (isolation #40) » Sun May 08, 2011 7:43 am

Post by Kairyuu »

AGar wrote:
tanstalas wrote:And sounds like Agar had a fun ZG run.

Stupid groups make that encounter not fun at all.

Start: Queue as DPS for random Zandalari heroic.
- Get ZG. Whatever. Hate it, but ok.
- Phase in to in progress dungeon. On Jin'do. Sweet! Final boss, here comes hopefully 140 relatively easy VP.
- Wipe once. Ok, this one was my fault. I stood in a chain instead of next to it on my bodyslam. Wasted the bodyslam. We wiped.
- Take blame. Notice SPriest is doing ~3k DPS. WTF?
- Turns out SPriest is in half healing gear... but not enough to DPS OR Heal. Pallyhealz has a ret spec, but SPriest is like "Nooooo can't heal." What the fuck dude?
- DKTank wants to carry SPriest. Fuck it, I'll tear through buff food like it's going out of style to carry this guy.
- Wipe twice more. Pally healz quits. *sigh*
- Receive new healer in Drood healz. Sweet!
- Wipe once. Drood calls out tank for taking way too much damage. We all inspect tank. Tank has mostly PvP gear, 2 pieces 346 DPS gear, and 2 pieces 333-346 tank gear. Total dodge rating was like... 200, and parry might have been 250. Lolsrsly?
- We get in shouting match with tank. Tank starts going "Wahhhhh." I point out he has no mitigation, healers don't have infinite mana, he's poorly geared. Healer backs me up. Boom, roasted.
- Tank challenges me to tank it. I say fuck it, why not.
- I tank it. Things go much smoother in terms of the survival, but RDPS is still atarded. :(
- SPriest quits. Thank god.
- Drood heals quits. :(
- We get new SPriest and Pallyheals.
- 11 wipes later, me and DK-nowDPS rage at Hunter and new Spriest for wasting bodyslams repeatedly because "Lolz we're DPSing chains guys!" I ragequit.

That's just . . . wow. This is why I've only run ZA twice (1 successful) and ZG once (0 successful). Much more comfortable with the regular heroics which have become pretty much facerolls at this point.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (isolation #41) » Sun May 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

xRECKONERx wrote:Thinking about starting WoW up again...
Maybe...

Doooo it. Not like you have to pay for it for a while anyway. :P
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1327 (isolation #42) » Tue May 10, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

I may be on ... got some other things to do though, so I'm not sure how likely.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1334 (isolation #43) » Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 am

Post by Kairyuu »

And now after almost a year of playing I'm finally having a "fuck you Blizzard" moment. I spent thousands of gold and shittons of time farming before ditching inscription just so that I could get my BiS Trinket that was supposed to last me until at least 4.3, and now this:

Darkmoon Card: Hurricane damage done when triggered has been increased by 40%, however, it can no longer deal critical strikes and no longer receives any modifiers to its damage from the equipping player.

Bye bye trinket scaling with mastery. It's certainly still a wonderful trinket, but now I'll have to replace it sooner rather than later.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (isolation #44) » Thu May 12, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Kairyuu »

We need to start doing more arenas. Like, a lot more. We found out last night that each arena win you get in a guild team is worth 300k guild xp and 325 guild rep (double with the honored tabard). That, combined with the fact that guild challenges for dungeons can be done on normal means that we can get 2.1M guild XP that DOESN'T count towards the cap weekly for almost no effort, and craptons more just by doing arena stuff. Plus it's a great way to push towards exalted with the guild. 650 rep for 3-4 minutes of work (assuming you win) is pretty damn good.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1345 (isolation #45) » Thu May 12, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@AGar: Considering that I have 0 pieces of pvp gear and managed to die within the first 30 seconds of the match a good 80% of the time and we still managed about 1 win per 2 losses it doesn't really matter if you suck. I obviously do, but that doesn't stop me from making tans and BBM carry me. :P

Though, to be far, I'm going to start farming leather and dragonscales so I can have tans make me a resto pvp set. I expect to fail a lot less once I have that.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1351 (isolation #46) » Fri May 13, 2011 7:36 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@AGar: Only problem with that strategy is that I've done all 7 of my random regs for the week (ez mode guild runs for guild challenges ftw) and it netted me just under the amount of honor I needed for a single piece of pvp gear. I wouldn't really call that overly effective. Farming Battlegrounds, however, is pretty quick.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1354 (isolation #47) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:01 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Pfft. We won't let you wander off again. You finally have an 85 that's capable of doing things with us without getting laughed at.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1356 (isolation #48) » Fri May 13, 2011 11:37 am

Post by Kairyuu »

We'd have to chain run him through some heroics first. He's not geared enough for ZG/ZA
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (isolation #49) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Kairyuu »

But stacking stam is FUN.

Doing it on Jazzert (who is now a bear) regardless, because I like having my health pool shoot up almost 3k from 59-60.

Plus, I can't even FIND gear with dodge on it at this level.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (isolation #50) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Flameaxe wrote:
Kairyuu wrote:But stacking stam is FUN.

Doing it on Jazzert (who is now a bear) regardless, because I like having my health pool shoot up almost 3k from 59-60.

Plus, I can't even FIND gear with dodge on it at this level.

But everyone's health pool shoots up at 60...

Mine shot up by 3k. Matt's went up by under 1k.

Also, to be fair, I had surprisingly low health for a tank prior to the jump (just BARELY over 4k when most tanks were at around 5k). Once I stuck those 3 24-stam gems into my gear and picked up a few BC greens and blues at 60 it got up to about 7k, which is much more reasonable for early BC tanking.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1402 (isolation #51) » Thu May 19, 2011 4:50 am

Post by Kairyuu »

New plan.

Get kitty heirloom weapon.
Enchant with lots of agility.
Equip.
???
Profit.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1408 (isolation #52) » Sat May 21, 2011 2:27 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@AGar: I can almost definitely make it Monday, but Tuesday is my little sister's high school graduation, so I'll be busy until rather late. MIGHT be on when I'm released from whatever the family is planning to do afterwards.

@tans: Sounds nice. I'd say that this is why you don't join guild runs, but you got phat lootz, so it doesn't matter.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1413 (isolation #53) » Sat May 21, 2011 7:03 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Seems like Reck is back (finally).

In other news, I've opened talks with another small guild about them merging into our guild in exchange for some officer powers and such (because I'm apparently PR now, *cough*). Once we hear back from them as to whether or not they're all interested, I'll lay out the exact proposal, and we can vote on it as a guild.

Current things we're considering offering/they've requested if they decide to go for it:
1. Officer status to all of their officers.
2. Insertion of one of their members as head raid leader, moving BBM and me to a subordinate position.
3. They have a web domain and a programmer working on getting it up and running, and would like to use it. This particular one we're iffy on, as we know that several people have an interest in the site we already have, and would want to be involved, regardless of what domain the site is under.

To be perfectly honest, I expect them to demand more than we'd be willing to give them, (as in, I believe they'll try to pretty much take over the guild) but if this works out we may have initial stages of a working raid group ready as soon as a few days from now.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1432 (isolation #54) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:33 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Alright then. Looks like I didn't exactly pick a winner with this one. I'll wait to hear their official terms, and if they're not super favorable, I'll kill it on the spot. If they are, I'll post them here and see if it changes anyone's mind.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1433 (isolation #55) » Sun May 22, 2011 6:55 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@AGar: As for raid comp, both of Tans' toons are very well geared, so he could almost definitely switch out based on what we need per night (if he's willing, of course).

As for other toons at cap, we've got:

me: melee dps (enh shaman)
Reck: ranged dps (ele shaman)
you: melee dps or tank (arms/prot warrior)
dom: heals (disc priest)
Pie: dunno if tank or melee (dk)

Brock is also 84 with his prot pally, and probably one good push from 85. I've disregarded BBM due to him not being able to raid with us for certain, but I've included dram and Pie, because I don't know whether or not they'll be coming back before we start raiding.

Jazzert (now bear tank specced) may be a few weeks, but he'll be hitting 85 at around the same time as my recruit, Matt, on his affliction warlock. I'm also perfectly willing to start a PvE resto spec up again if I can do it via guild runs (though obviously Reck will want the same gear, so I'd have to wait until after him, or when he wasn't there).

So it looks like we'd ideally have this kind of group comp within a few days:

4 tanks (tans, AGar, Brock, Pie)
2 heals (dram, me)
4 melee dps (me, tans, AGar, Pie)
1 ranged dps (Reck)

Wait a few weeks, and we'll be looking at an ideal of:

5 tanks (tans, AGar, Brock, Pie, me)
2 heals (dram, me)
4 melee (me, tans, AGar, Pie)
3 ranged (matt, Reck, JDodge?)

That totals 9 players, but the group comp lacks a healer, forces me to heal (I'd be willing to step in when needed, but I'd much prefer to stick with my established spec), and relies on 2 people who we KNOW aren't going to be on much.

If we're going to start raid recruiting now, we'll want to pick up 2-4 ranged and 2-3 healers. We should be pretty good on melee and tanks as is.

If we're going to wait for Matt, and Jdodge if he's planning on raiding with us, we'll want to pick up 1-2 ranged, and 2-3 healers when we do start.

As it stands, we can probably pug a dps or healer for bh and handle it with little difficulty once we get Matt and JDodge up to speed, and once I get my healing set built.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (isolation #56) » Sun May 22, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Kairyuu »

See, you're 85, and (probably) geared for heroics. That's plenty. All we need to do is take you along while gearing up Reck, and you scoop up all of the cloth drops. You can fight over the neck/back/ring/trinket/weapon drops (I have all but the trinkets of those, so I might join the fight for healer trinkets).
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (isolation #57) » Sun May 22, 2011 7:58 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Jdodge: Marksmanship is the OP spec now actually. the first 20% actually takes a good amount of time, and getting those massive crits from aimed shot + attached dots sticks marks way above the pack for that part, and while they do lose some dps after that 20%, they're still right up there with the best of them.

Yup, just checked stateofdps and it looks like marks hunters are the best spec in the game on the adjusted totals (aka for the aggregate of every fight except halfus).
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1445 (isolation #58) » Sun May 22, 2011 12:11 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

So yeah. Merger went away when they wouldn't stop bitching about us refusing to hand over the guild leader spot to the lock (who BBM was right about). I expect them to fall apart in a few weeks at most when no one is willing to join their level 1 guild.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (isolation #59) » Mon May 23, 2011 6:30 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@tans: I meant guild run raids where it's another guild running them. Good chance that if one of their members logs on you get kicked (like what happened).

@inhim: Just let us know when you hit 85. I know that several of us are perfectly willing to run you through regs to get geared for heroics.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1465 (isolation #60) » Mon May 23, 2011 8:35 am

Post by Kairyuu »

From what I can tell, he left to go join a high level guild for the perks while levelling. To be perfectly honest, I'd think 70 ish would be the ideal time to come back from the guild's standpoint, since 70-85 requires over 38 million xp, which equates to over 9.5 million guild xp (well, more like 4.75 million, since only quest turn ins count, not enemy kills). If you take the second number, that's about 1/5 of the guild experience needed to get from guild level 5-6.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (isolation #61) » Mon May 23, 2011 2:04 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

So I picked up 2 lowbie shammies and a raid geared healing druid/lock tonight, and AGar grabbed a lowbie prot pally. Good haul I'd say.

Also, this guy seems to be really interested in ZA/ZG, so tans should love him. :P
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (isolation #62) » Mon May 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Well if you want to raid, then make will/brock/dom get on and gear up, and make matt/inhim level faster. :P

We might actually have a full group if that happens. Not sure.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1474 (isolation #63) » Mon May 23, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

So I just got BBM to open me a lockbox, and then needed his services again, because said lockbox contained not one, but TWO more lockboxes. Was lulzy.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (isolation #64) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:41 am

Post by Kairyuu »

For what it's worth I think I said Sun/Thurs, but I may be wrong.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (isolation #65) » Tue May 24, 2011 4:43 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Not that it matters because we're going to be working the raid schedule around when everyone is available.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1489 (isolation #66) » Tue May 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

So I just read the changes added today, and I was extremely confused. They're pretty much making all of the BoT, BWD, and TotFW bosses a complete joke by nerfing them all by 20% or more. They were already fairly easy, so why make them easier?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (isolation #67) » Wed May 25, 2011 7:16 am

Post by Kairyuu »

AGar wrote:But you could have so much fun with US!

This.

It also applies to Reck, dram, Brock, and whoever else isn't playing atm.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1522 (isolation #68) » Thu May 26, 2011 12:02 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

So apparently the t12 set bonuses have been datamined.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2483688724

The enh 2 and 4 piece look like HUGE dps increases. Very much looking forward to those.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1532 (isolation #69) » Sun May 29, 2011 3:48 am

Post by Kairyuu »

So you guys know, I didn't ditch you last night. My internet decided to cut out, and none of my usual fixes were working, so I gave up and went to sleep. It's working again now, obviously, so I'll hopefully be on for most of the day today.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (isolation #70) » Mon May 30, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Kairyuu/Jazzert/Wizzlesprok/Latulla/Gurzok/Dunbarne

Not really planning on doing anything with Gurzok or Dunbarne though, so if they're even in the guild it's fine to kick them. They'll not be of much use to the guild.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1541 (isolation #71) » Mon May 30, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Why can't BC rep be as easy to farm as Timbermaw and Thorium Brotherhood? I spent something like 3 hours working on Shat'ari Skyguard rep (really want a nether ray) and all I got was halfway through friendly (starting from neutral).
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1543 (isolation #72) » Mon May 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Would be awesome if the ah had a bunch of time lost scrolls. Given that every 40 you collect equates to 1250 base rep (from killing the minibosses, turning in the things they drop, and killing terrok) I'd totally be willing to spend a fair amount of gold for them. It's not like they're soulbound.

Anyone willing to farm them for me gets 5g per scroll (200g per turn-in).

Though, if anyone plans to do that, you're going to have to do the initial skyguard quests, since the only way to even SEE the time lost dudes is with a potion you get as a repeatable quest reward from collecting 6 shadow dust off of the regular guys.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1545 (isolation #73) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:03 am

Post by Kairyuu »

So I turned on my laptop this morning and it was making noises like the hard drive was in pain. Last time that happened it worked for less than a week before frying the motherboard, and it's definitely not under warranty this time.

@tans: Since you seem pretty damn good at finding computers for crazy prices, do you know of any way I can get something with an i5 (though I'd much prefer an i7) processor, 4 (prefer 6-8) gigs of ram, and a decent video card for $800-900? I have a feeling I'll be needing that new computer I've been after sooner rather than later.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (isolation #74) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:49 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I think I just ended up getting the same comp as tans. Almost got an alienware (so . . . cool) but I was $100 short, and the specs are around the same as the lenovo one.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (isolation #75) » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:01 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Well today went well. Picked up a healing priest (dunno what spec) who's been pvping since BC, but is willing to try his hand at the whole raiding thing. He also said he's perfectly willing to dps if needed, so yay heals/rdps.

That gives us this kind of setup (if everyone who wants to raid was geared/at level cap, and excluding Pie because we don't know if/when he's coming back):

Tanks:
Thanstalas
Glasshammer
Jazzert
Hornzz

Healers:
Lafargue
Redue
(new guy 1 - druid)
(new guy 2 - priest)
Kairyuu

Melee DPS:
Kairyuu
Glasshammer
Qeious
Sisuvar

Ranged DPS:
(new guy 1 - warlock)
(new guy 2 - priest)
Ric
Halluce
Naldarius
Lurbix

So yeah. Once Matt, Jdodge, and Inhim (and Hornzz, who is still sitting at 84 and not budging) get to cap, and once people get geared up properly, we've actually got 12 raiders, meaning 2 "cushion" spots to help make scheduling easier.

As a reference, I'd like to propose that the ilvl to shoot for before starting raiding is 346. As of right now, for those of us at 85, this is what we have:

Kairyuu:
Enh: 354
Resto: Missing 6 pieces

Thanstalas:
Blood: 355

Qeious:
Mut: 357

Sisuvar:
Mut: 343

Redue:
Resto: 347

Glasshammer:
Arms: 350
Prot: ? (above 346)

Lurbix:
ele: 334

Lafargue:
Disc: 339

new guy 1 - Druid
Resto: 346+

new guy 1 - warlock
??: ??

new guy 2 - priest
??: ??
Shadow: ??

So from the looks of it, Lurbix, Lafargue, my healing set, and possibly one/both of the new lock/priest need work on their gear (Sisuvar gets a pass because I've seen his raid dps and he's plenty capable .. Reck can vouch). Hopefully we can get all of that set up before we get the next wave of fresh 85s in, so we can potentially split off into 2 guild groups to speed the gearing process along (1-2 fresh 85s with 1-2 raid ready toons at a time).

Do note that the easiest way to hit 346 ilvl is crafted epics. If you do not have yours, think about getting them. I'm in the process of getting the mats for Lurbix, and will have to farm them again for myself and others (any help from other skinners would be help reduce the load that places on me *cough*tans*cough*Lurbix's mining is way low and can be dropped*cough*). In total we'll need at LEAST 5 sets (Kai, Jazzert, Lurbix, Ric, Halluce), and might need up to 3 more (Redue, new guy 1 - druid, Sisuvar). Note that each set takes 6 pristine hide, 20 Blackened dragonscale, 75 assorted volatiles, and 5 chaos orbs, which comes out to 1500 - 2400 savage leather, 100 - 160 blackened dragonscales, 375 - 600 assorted volatiles, and 25-40 chaos orbs. There's no way in hell I can farm all of that myself. Even if I could, I'd refuse, because it would mean nonstop farming for at least a week. You guys are great, but I'm not going to do that much for you without some SERIOUS incentive, since even if I did farm the leather and scales I'd be losing out on almost 20k gold compared to selling them. On top of that, we've got several clothies that will be needing way more dreamcloth than is reasonable, so people need to start farming embersilk and volatiles for that and sending them to Redue. Pretty sure that our plate wearers are set except for Hornzz, who will need a hardened elementium set from AGar.

I'm thinking that if we actually put in a little effort towards getting this all done, we can be raiding in 3-4 weeks.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (isolation #76) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:34 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@tans: . . . seriously? Have you been paying attention to this thread at ALL? Oh wait, you have, because last week when we started recruiting for our 10m and began preliminary scheduling talks you mentioned that you couldn't make it ever if we did the configuration that AGar thought I said. You've got no excuse for not knowing that we were prepping for raids.

@Reck: Maybe if you weren't on SC2 all the time . . .

@AGar: Raknarrak is the drood, and Runar is his lock alt. Their names slipped my mind when I was writing the post.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (isolation #77) » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Alrighty. I've just looked up our new priest (his name is Ouazz) and it looks like he's going to need a bit of work to be PvE ready. And by a bit of work I mean that according to his statistics page he's never killed a single Cata boss, not even 5 mans. His pvp gear will almost definitely get him by just fine in heroics (after some reforging), but without a single point of spirit on his gear as of now, he's going to need a full overhaul before he's raid-ready.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1567 (isolation #78) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:19 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@AGar: Indeed he does, and indeed we can.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (isolation #79) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:47 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

So the priest must have found himself a pvp guild or something, because he's not in ours anymore.

I also have an interesting proposition that would potentially earn the guild a lot of money. Some guy on our server who is apparently filthy rich has been trying to find someone to sell him a Tabard of the Lightbringer. His offer varies from 50k to 100k gold. If we work together on this, we should be able complete the questline that rewards it (and get a shadowmourne for someone in the process). According to my calculations, it will take ~9 weeks of running ICC 25 with as many people as we can get. This is what needs to happen:

Pally/Warrior/DK needs to be friendly with Ashen Verdict to get first quest.
First quest was soloable at 80.
From there, we need to gather 25 primordial saronite, probably by buying it on the ah, or if people have spare jp, using that.
We also need to kill rotface and festergut to get quest items from them.
Then we need to kill 1000 enemies in ICC (trash obviously has to count, and that can be reset/respawns every so often).
At that point, we need to kill all three of the endwing bosses (Professor Putricide/Blood Queen/Sindragosa, in that order).

All of the above can be done in one week. The annoying bit is the final step, which requires gathering 50 shadowfrost shards, which only drop off of bosses in 25m. On normal, the drop rate is 25-50% per boss, and on heroic it's 50-99% per boss.

Once that's done, whoever has been doing the quest line gets the shadowmourne, and a quest to kill the lich king. As long as that person is in the party when the lich king is killed, he will drop an extra box of goodies lootable only by the owner of the shadowmourne, which starts a quest, the rewards of which are a mount, the tabard we can sell for guild vault money, and some other random useless junk (though I saw at one point that tylore wanted one of the other bits for 15k). All of the things from that are BoE, so we can do whatever we want with them.

Anyone interested?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (isolation #80) » Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:38 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

1. Healing set 2 pieces from complete, so I should be able to start healing regs if people were actually online every once in a while.

2. Talked to Tylore about the Shadowmourne stuff, and he's not too concerned over when he gets it, and quoted me a combined total of 200k for both the tabard and the locket, so even if it takes us a few weeks to get started, it would certainly be a good idea to do that at some point.

3. Found another new recruit tonight. He's going to need an invite on his main sometime tomorrow, since I had to log out before he was done with his dungeon run on his lowbie rogue. He's a holy pally, and will serve as a temporary raider until his guild is raid ready, which he says may take months. He is also aware that we likely wont be raiding for at least a few weeks, so no issues there. No idea about his gear though, since I don't know the name of his main.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1579 (isolation #81) » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:44 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Indeed. He's a friend of mine irl, so of course he knows about mafiascum. :P
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1581 (isolation #82) » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Sometimes I really hate my home wireless connection. I've been downloading wow onto my new laptop almost nonstop for 2 days now, and I still have 6GB to go. Luckily it's now reached the "playable" stage, so I'll be on fairly regularly again starting tonight.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1583 (isolation #83) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Kairyuu »

Currently in the middle of a massive anime binge. I'll probably be back around in a week or two.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1586 (isolation #84) » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:42 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@AGar: Matt wants to. I want to. You obviously want to. The problems lie in those of us (me included, though I'd stop if it actually looked like anything was going to happen) who randomly disappear, but say that they're interested in raiding. Also lack of any real progress on recruiting.

So, short answer is maybe. Longer answer is eventually, but only if the people who have expressed interest actually make an effort to get themselves ready and help recruit for the spots we're still missing.

@all: If you are actually serious about wanting to raid as a guild sometime in the NEAR future (aka 2-4 weeks from now AT MOST) then say so in thread please. If we don't have the manpower for it, I say we just put this on the back burner indefinitely until we actually have the size/interest. I also may very well join a raiding guild on Kai in the mean time, but if/when Modus is actually prepared to raid I'll be back for sure.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1595 (isolation #85) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:38 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

Syndorei Syndicate (or whatever it's called) looks somewhat promising. Level 25, doin some raiding at least casually, recruiting all levels/classes all the time, and advertising themselves as a "mature, 18 and up guild." I may join on an alt to scope it out sometime soon.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1596 (isolation #86) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:40 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

The issue with them, of course, is that in all likelihood they have multiple hundreds of members, and we'd be swallowed up with virtually no chance of having any say in anything, or even any clout for getting those of us who want to raid into any "official" raid groups they have.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (isolation #87) » Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:30 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

JDodge mentioned something tonight about finding an active guild of around 200 members that has no raid structure yet, but is working on setting one up. I don't remember what its name was, but pending some further research from him that would be another possibility.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1607 (isolation #88) » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:42 am

Post by Kairyuu »

I wanna PLAAAAY. Fucking laptop decided to stop recognizing that it was plugged in, so I have to send it out for repairs, and I don't have wow installed on the family comp.

:(

Return to “The Arcade”