First videogame you ever played

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class
Pronoun: she/her, not they

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Mon May 03, 2021 2:28 pm

Post by Isis »

As carefully and precisely as I can rate the console titles, enjoyability is as follows:
  1. First playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  2. Second playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  3. First playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  4. Third playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  5. Second playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  6. Third playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  7. Fourth playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  8. Fifth Playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  9. Fourth playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  10. Fifth playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  11. Sixth playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  12. Seventh playthrough of Banjo Tooie
  13. Sixth playthrough of Banjo Kazooie
  14. First playthrough of Yooka Laylee
Nuts and Bolts excluded for being out of genre and I haven't played it and the weird GBA one being excluded because I haven't played it.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #46 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 01, 2021 3:14 am

Post by Isis »

Joysticks give less control of the game than direction buttons, really, people just find them more immersive.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #50 (isolation #2) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:57 am

Post by Isis »

In post 47, Ythan wrote:I find it easier to perform specials in Street Fighter with the stick but in truth I've hardly tried with the pad.
Huge false dichotomy, get a "stickless stick" like hitbox. There's a soft consensus it's the best control for fighting games
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #51 (isolation #3) » Thu Nov 04, 2021 3:59 am

Post by Isis »

In post 49, Porochaz wrote:Oh man, the dislike of DK64 makes me sad, it did have a fair bit of backtracking, but it was miles better than Banjo Tooie, which was good but yeah the level design was a choice. And once you had unlocked all the Kongs the backtracking was a lot less. But there was so much fun little things within DK that it always had something fun to do. Yeah, it might not have been as fun as BK but I still rank it as one of my top games.
BK simply has the best pacing of the three and for the collectathon genre pacing is kind of pivotal. (Backtracking proportions are part of that). Agree or disagree
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #93 (isolation #4) » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:34 am

Post by Isis »

Picking a different starter than the one drawn on the back of your cartridge is a boss move
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:50 am

Post by Isis »

I feel like I can be fan of something and not want to do multiple playthroughs T_T
"Well, I..."
Isis
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Isis
she/her, not they
Best in Class
Best in Class

Post Post #128 (isolation #6) » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:24 am

Post by Isis »

It's pretty often pretty smart to trade games in after finishing them. The things that keeps people from doing that are human biases favoring things you already have and then also for people old enough to remember a different era kind of clutching to the patterns from when that wasnt as strongly the correct play, the ratio of games worth playing twice versus games not worth playing at all used to be vastly different imo.
"Well, I..."

Return to “The Arcade”