First videogame you ever played

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:11 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 18, chamber wrote:
In post 16, Fluminator wrote:I haven't played Yooka Laylee yet. I've heard it's hugely disappointing, but since I'm going in with a low expectation, maybe I'll still like it?
I think it's exactly what it promised to be, but people weren't looking for a late 90's era collectathon in 2017.
I disagree. It was exactly what I was looking for, I loved the Banjo/DK64/Mario platformers. It's why I through as much money at the kickstarter as I did. However the camera and opening level were so absolutely shoddy that it was unplayable. Which was a frequent complaint, and similarly to Cyberpunk by the time they fixed it people had moved onto other things and another much better received similar platformer "Snake Pass" came out. I have it and intend to play it, probably on the switch rather than PC, but yeah it fell down my list a bit.

As for first game - Super Mario World for the SNES or The Magical Quest. The first game I owned properly was Super Mario Land, and on actual console - Mario 64/F1 WGP. On PC it was Sim City 2000, most likely but could have been Theme Park.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Mon Nov 01, 2021 8:15 am

Post by Porochaz »

Oh man, the dislike of DK64 makes me sad, it did have a fair bit of backtracking, but it was miles better than Banjo Tooie, which was good but yeah the level design was a choice. And once you had unlocked all the Kongs the backtracking was a lot less. But there was so much fun little things within DK that it always had something fun to do. Yeah, it might not have been as fun as BK but I still rank it as one of my top games.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #53 (isolation #2) » Sun Nov 07, 2021 4:51 pm

Post by Porochaz »

In post 51, Isis wrote:
In post 49, Porochaz wrote:Oh man, the dislike of DK64 makes me sad, it did have a fair bit of backtracking, but it was miles better than Banjo Tooie, which was good but yeah the level design was a choice. And once you had unlocked all the Kongs the backtracking was a lot less. But there was so much fun little things within DK that it always had something fun to do. Yeah, it might not have been as fun as BK but I still rank it as one of my top games.
BK simply has the best pacing of the three and for the collectathon genre pacing is kind of pivotal. (Backtracking proportions are part of that). Agree or disagree
I agree to an extent in that it simplifies it a bit. I do agree the collecting is a bit silly in DK, but I think it has more than enough innovation to counterbalance the pacing issues.

Return to “The Arcade”