ITT I play every unplayed Steam Game in my library

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #21 (isolation #0) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:07 am

Post by vonflare »

psychonauts is a pretty fun game, I even have one of the harder achievements on my profile wall of hard achievements
...although I just checked and apparently 13% of people who played the game also have that achievement so I guess it wasn't as hard as I thought.

Factorio is one of my favorite games ever so I hope you enjoy that too.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #26 (isolation #1) » Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:18 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 22, CaptainMeme wrote:Game #7:
Factorio

Factorio was something I got in sort of a mystery game trade. Myself and a friend both gave one another a game we thought the other would enjoy, I gave him Civ 5 and got Factorio. I think both of us had way too much going on at the time though so neither ever got played; glad to finally get to it!

I went in kind of knowing that it was about crafting and mechanising things, but I didn't know any of the specifics. Was very surprised to find enemies in the game, because I thought it would just be a sandbox! I'm very glad they were there though, I think it added a fair bit. I didn't get all that far in the game - I finished the third mission of five in the tutorial - and I'm fairly sure it gets a lot more complex further on, but as far as I got it was about mining resources, and crafting things with those resources to a) defend yourself and b) automate the resource gathering.

It's a slow game, but an extremely satisfying one. Even at the early stage I was at, putting together everything into a big chain - the mining rigs, the conveyer belts, the weird arm things that would take the resources off the conveyer belts and stick them in the smelter - felt great to sit back and watch afterward. Although there was always
something
you'd have to do manually, usually moving coal from one location to another or taking resources out of the smelters. Wasn't really a point against it because it meant there was reason to still actually play! And I'd imagine these become automatable later on, once you've found more stuff to do.

Fun moment at 34:26 in the video when the enemies show up and I don't have enough ammo to deal with them, so had to leg it around the base trying to craft ammunition while being attacked. I'm not sure what you're supposed to do in this situation if you don't have spare resources, you might just die?

Anyway, thumbs up. Even though it was slow, I really enjoyed it. I hear it's multiplayer too - this is absolutely something I'd play multiplayer.
awesome! yeah it definitely ramps up in complexity and you absolutely can automate everything. you eventually get up to constructing fully automated railways with train signals and stations, and construction robots that can automate building for you, logistics drones that can deliver resources directly into your inventory up to a specific amount that you set, everything.

here's a small section of one of my bases in my current save, I'm still working on expanding it though

Spoiler:

more zoomed in version:

In post 24, CaptainMeme wrote: Congrats! I assume that's a bonus level?
I don't actually remember it was quite long ago when I played it. I do remember that the boss fight was an absolute pain
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:09 pm

Post by vonflare »

In post 30, Flea The Magician wrote:
Spoiler: Rarest Psychonauts achievement I've got.
impressive

Return to “The Arcade”