Board Games!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Suspicious
Suspicious
Goon
Suspicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3439 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Post by Suspicious »

I've heard great things about Scythe. Always wanted to try one of those big-box kind of games, but the investment tends to be rather high, so I want to make sure I get something I wouldn't regret. Worth a shot?
Suspicious
Suspicious
Goon
Suspicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3443 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:27 am

Post by Suspicious »

Whether it's heavily involved or not doesn't natter too much; I can dedicate time to an easy or hard-to-learn game. Just seeking quality first and foremost, since these games generally cost a fair bit.
Suspicious
Suspicious
Goon
Suspicious
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3449 (isolation #2) » Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:06 am

Post by Suspicious »

In post 3444, GreyICE wrote:TI4 is really about time. Do you have 6 hours to devote to a game? TI4 is worth it. Do you want something that's over in 1-2? Inis is a great game that rewards good play, and is constantly interesting. They're both wargames, while Scythe is a Eurogame, but since most people I find think that Scythe is going to be a wargame thanks to the mechs, it's worth it. And for my money, Terra Mystica is a better "euro with area control aspects" even if it's not my favorite game overall.
Thanks for the suggestions! And yeah, the mech theme had me intrigued; guess it's not as battle-heavy as I might have hoped?

Resource management is enjoyable, but I do like getting my hands dirty with some conflict.

Return to “The Arcade”