Board Games!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #3278 (isolation #0) » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:13 am

Post by Pine »

HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS THREAD EXISTED
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #3384 (isolation #1) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:06 pm

Post by Pine »

I've been meaning to get around to it for years.

Lately I've been playing Fairytale Battle Royale, or at least trying to mod the rules into something enjoyable and balanced.

Inspired by this, a few of us have also been trying to create a Battle Royale game for the summer camp staff.

So, for years, we have enjoyed (when children were not around) occasional speculation and dramatic collaborative story-telling about which of the camp staff would emerge victorious if we were all dropped into a Hunger Games-style battle royale against one another. I've been a perennial favorite due to my size, fieldcraft, and actual training in hand-to-hand.

We took it a step farther this year.

We've been developing, in secret, a board game version, with profiles on every "participant". We're giving everyone a rating from 1-100 on a variety of physical, mental, skill, education, and wild card traits, as well as a number of potential modifier attributes. Next we'll be making a game board, random events, and a combat system. If we do it right, the "game engine" should be reusable, with us just needing to update or fill out skill sheets for next year's staff.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare

Return to “The Arcade”