Site Downtime (July 2016)

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #126 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 72, Firebringer wrote:
In post 63, Thestatusquo wrote:I um. I want this to come across in the most undickish way possible...but it might come out rude anyway...

Who in their right minds thinks this site is worth money?

It generates no revenue, has a user base that continues to decline and requires hosting costs that are not recouped in any way.

It's been a great thing for me throughout my life and I'm very thankful to the people who continue to put hard work and money into keeping it running, but the idea that someone would pay money for the privilege of chucking money down the hosting black hole and dealing with the constant aggravation of users like shotty is mind boggling to me.
I have ideas how we can make this site profitable.

First we put up advertisement space everywhere, I am talking top of the pages, I am talking the sides, and the bottom of pages too.
Next we need to do even more than that. I say before any players see a flip they have to watch a minute video on car insurance, preferably gieco.
All roles will be delivered but you have to watch another add about Budweiser or something, maybe from most interesting man in the world.

These are all just ideas, but I bet we can turn this boat around and make MS great again.
OR...

Owner could sell t-shirts with assorted Roles/Alignments on them, like "3P Rolecop," "Town Jailkeeper," "Mafia Doctor."
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 117, hitogoroshi wrote:Another fun idea: get a bunch of big ms personalities in a game together and folks can donate to the site to join a spectator thread. Maybe one thread with role/setup reveals and one without.
This has potential.
Klingoncelt: "The whole scumteam slipped on page 1. It's the new meta. Sheep me because my reads are so accurate that whoever I name gets mod-converted to scum."
-
MiniDeathStar
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 131, BBmolla wrote:
In post 128, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 117, hitogoroshi wrote:Another fun idea: get a bunch of big ms personalities in a game together and folks can donate to the site to join a spectator thread. Maybe one thread with role/setup reveals and one without.
This has potential.
who would honestly pay for that though <_<
Who pays for PPV tv?
-
MiniDeathStar

Return to “News”