New Rule: Replace the Word "Lynch" in Games

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1125 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 am

Post by Boonskiies »

viewtopic.php?p=10875748#p10875748

It works well. Old word not missed at all, I’ve been using execute since 2018. Mylo still stays the same. LyLo turns to Eylo, if that’s even necessary to change.

I’ve been working on creating a few cinematic social deduction games off site and was looking into creating terms replacing already, so I love that it’s finally changing.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1140 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:44 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 1126, Creature wrote:
In post 1114, kuribo wrote:
In post 1112, Creature wrote:
In post 1105, kuribo wrote:
In post 1099, Creature wrote:I can't grasp why they wouldn't feel welcome just because of a word that isn't even used for racial reasons.
Then you obviously don't understand the Black experience as well as you think you do. I suggest you expand your circle of friends.
I could, but I'd still likely not find anyone with a problem over this word unless I searched inner specific circles.
So you want to not be considered racist but you're making the argument that it would be too much trouble to make Black friends, got it
No, it would not be trouble finding black friends, it would be trouble finding those who would feel disturbed about the word "lynch" used in a game.
For what it’s worth, I have had an issue in the past playing Mafia and then having someone say it, and anytime I played in person, I would actively not say it to never have an issue.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies

Return to “News”