Micro 665 - Autumn Masquerade [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (isolation #0) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:08 pm

Post by DIG »

Hey guys (and ladies), sorry I'm late to this.

I don't have any super strong reads yet, but I did have some comments on the theory of the setup.

I think the scum pairing up is not necessarily such a bad idea (compared to letting one die). They get more voting power that way, and they also get day talk which could probably be pretty powerful in terms of getting an easy double vote for a final hammer.

As for pairing up, I had an idea. Right now, the mafia have the power to guarantee that the mafia lady is not "lynched" today. the only way we can take this away is by forming some system of semi-randomness. I think that the gentleman should each take a role in picking the partners:

1. one person will form 4 sets of pairings (no two people can be paired in two different pairings) (the empty gentleman slot counts as a person for the pairings).

2. a second person will eliminate two of these possible pairings.

3. a third will choose out of the final two.

4. the last gentleman will be in charge of assigning the other three rolls to the first three gentleman.

The ladies can vote on who gentleman #4 is, but letting the gentleman pick ensures that the ladies aren't trying to manipulate the results so that they get to stay in the game.

This should make sure nobody has too much control over what happens (which is good at this point since only the mafia have perfect information.

I'd love feedback on the system.

My one (not so strong) read is that in 70, Dave talks about the role pm being "in a lightish blue text rather than green." I realize the pm's were all available, but I like to think that scum has higher standards than trying to win off of faking a town slip. I realize I'm not really accustomed to the meta of the site, but that doesn't really seem like a fun way to play to me.
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:26 pm

Post by DIG »

So my plan was for the 5 ladies to vote for one gentleman who will assign roles to the other 3.

The first role will be forming 4 sets of pairs. The sets of pairs will look like:

1. (sickofit + human sequencer), (Dunnstral + Vedith), (Dave + Gamma), (DIG + Parama), (_____ + Maria)
2. .....
3. .....
4. .....

where 2, 3, and 4 are 3 more sets, like the first except everyone needs a new partner.

The second role will be choosing 2 of those sets.

The third role will be choosing out of the final 2.

wait never mind. I'm realizing that if any of the three rolls are scum, they can guarantee that the lady mafia gets a partner. this does the opposite of what we want. does anybody have a fix?
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:26 pm

Post by DIG »

So Dave missed a couple things when he was trying to implement my plan:

First, the ladies were supposed to vote on the gentleman who was in charge of assigning the roles. He took more power into his own hands than I had proposed.

Second, the general procedure was just off in general, but thats okay because...

Third, I had just said how the system was flawed and needed to be fixed before it could be used.

All of this sort of fits in with the idea that Dave doesn't always read everything so carefully though, so I don't know if this is worth holding against him.

I thought about ways to fix it, and I couldn't come up with anything. I think our best bet is to pick one strong town read, and have them assign partners one at a time (starting with gentleman who have already invited ladies to the dance). This gives us the best shot at making sure the mafia do not have a say in what the pairs are. We should probably also have a discussion before hand of what pairs we think should be chosen in order to hopefully see scum partners squirming not wanting to be paired up. (pairing up one at a time starting with gentleman who already invited ladies minimizes the problem of ladies who already have been invited accepting in case they weren't going to get a partner).

As for reads:

Ladies:

I really don't like Vedith. I think a lot of this is play style, but he takes the game so casually that it makes things harder to read, and makes things less worth analyzing

Parama I also don't like all that much. She seems overly confident on all of her reads, and she was pushing for quick early pairings instead of thinking about it and trying to milk as much info as possible out of the pregame.

Gamma I'm fine with, although he hasn't really posted all that much info

Maria I like as town, She is sort of similar to Vedith in her joking posts, but she separates things a lot better, and makes much more clear scum hunting efforts

Human sequencer I really like (I realize she's pushing to partner with me, and I'm pretty okay with that). She is posting a lot of good reads in my opinion (and not a ton of fluff).

Gentleman:

Dunn is probably my top pick for scum. 24 was a pretty quick turnaround that didn't make a lot of sense to me. Also he's pushing aggressively for the position leading the town which I don't like.

Dave is not much better. I don't like all the contradictions and lack of reading that are going on. It seems sort of like he is playing fast and making quick mistakes and blaming them on a general lack of attention to detail (which is pretty important when all we have to go off of as town is detail).

Sickofit is comparatively better, although he hasn't posted all that much (I know I shouldn't be talking there), so I guess I'm still relatively null.

Overall, I think it's more valuable for us to consider gentlemen's reads on gentlemen and ladies' reads on other ladies so that we avoid scum giving reads on their partner (not that we should ignore the other way around, just give it slightly less weight).
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #367 (isolation #3) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by DIG »

Alright. My top pick is definitely human sequencer at this point. I'd be willing to go with Gamma too, but I think I town read Human a little more (and I feel like our styles would match up better).

Does anyone have a problem with me going with Human and Dave going with Gamma?
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #521 (isolation #4) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:24 am

Post by DIG »

@human sequencer - Lets dance?
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #713 (isolation #5) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:09 pm

Post by DIG »

Alright, I'm here. Also wow you all post a lot...

I'm going to go through my reads on each person.

Ladies:

Human Sequencer:

407 looks town to me. I feel like scum is more worried about who is proposing to who in order to look natural as they avoid pairing with each other, and town is more likely to miss the fact that two of the proposals went to the same person.

636 is also town I think. At this point it would be easy enough to transition to sick and get an easy (and apparently agreeable) lynch there, but she keeps pushing for a different read which seems super unnecessary if she is scum (also at this point it looks like if we were to go for gamma/dave first and they both flipped town, sickofit/parama would probably be the next lynch anyway so I doubt human sequencer is partners with sickofit).

In general the style seems to be pretty good to me (although this is probably the easiest thing to fake). Very interactive, and very focused on making sure there is a strong scum hunting presence within the thread.

She also seems to say things that sound kind of risky that I wouldn't expect from scum, like pushing for a lynch on dave saying that he's not an asset even if he's town so it's not a loss (when its pretty easy for someone to claim this is scum and that mislynches are always bad), and repeating the line 4 times (which was sure to bring scrutiny to herself which I assume is something scum tries to avoid.

In case you missed something, I read human sequencer as: TOWN.

Gamma:

I don't like 323. Saying "ftr I'm not a fan of Vedith's push on DIG rn." doesn't really help anything. If you're not a fan, you should discuss the reasons why not. Also why do you want this on record so much? Are you afraid I might get lynched and you want to be on record having the right read on me?

404 gives me a slight town read. Waiting for a second invitation from Dave is probably not worth reading into, since it's probably the better way to play the game, but 404 seems rather carefree about the pairings (although they were pretty well determined at this point, since neither Dave or I was going to invite Vedith, and Human sequencer and I were each other's top picks).

525 I don't really like. It seems like the sort of scum hunting that can be claimed as scum hunting later, but really nobody is going to pay any attention to. There's so much non-substantive stuff in this thread that pointing out one post in particular is sort of ridiculous.

Overall, I would be fine with lynching this slot.

MariaR:

75 says "dislike para's push on dave more to come," but apart from defending her view that it was in fact a push, "more" never actually came.

Don't really understand the point of 336. You were also okay with Vedith's death, right?

365 I don't like, I thought Gamma's post was completely fair, and Maria just discredits without any explanation.

Overall, I don't really see many strong reads coming out compared to the massive number of posts.

This is probably my top pick for lady scum.

Parama:

No posts in particular stand out, but in general, Parama seems to be doing a lot of scum hunting (and staying on track pretty well).

I do like the fact that she continued to push on Vedith even after it was evident that Vedith would be the pre-dance lynch. I feel like scum would have probably backed off at least a bit.

Overall, this is my second pick for town from ladies.

Gentleman:

Dave:

473 is ridiculous. We know there's only one lady scum, why would you want two left out?

A lot of the posts are actually ridiculous. Pretty much nothing seems to be a read backed by a reason. Also even if there was, it doesn't seem like its possible for those reasons to be out of this thread since Dave doesn't seem to have read/understood much of it.

I don't like this slot, but really there's not much to read unfortunately.

Dunn:

Some wise words of advice in 25.

Seems like he's trying way too hard to be in control of everyone's thoughts and actions.

Does seem like he's way more interested in how seriously people take his reads than how much people like him.

His reads don't seem to have changed over the course of the game, which I find sort of unlikely.

Overall, kind of null on him, leaning towards town though.

Sickofit:

Wow, the gentleman are harder to read than the ladies.

Overall nothing here really stood out to me, and I don't really want Parama lynched, so I'm going to give him a pass for now.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My top pick for the lynch would have to be VOTE: gamma/dave but I would also be willing to go Maria/Dunn.

(Sorry Parama (and everyone else) about the wall of text, but I don't like posting a bunch in a row, and I had a lot to say)
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #747 (isolation #6) » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by DIG »

@Dunn - I was giving sickofit a pass because I was having an impossible time reading him, and I didn't think his partner was scum so I wasn't that inclined to lynch the slot.

Also, you're super sure Maria isn't scum. I'm not really worried about you being partners since I think the mafia had an easy enough time avoiding pairing up, but I'm still super curious why this is.

@Maria - why don't you explain 365 a little more instead of curling up in a ball?
DIG
DIG
Townie
DIG
Townie
Townie

Post Post #874 (isolation #7) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:32 pm

Post by DIG »

Alright, I'm realizing I'm way too busy for two games at once, so this is going to be my last post here.

I wanted to say everything that I saw before I left.

First, now that Human sequencer finally came out with her gambit, I can talk about it.

It seemed pretty fake to me for a couple reasons:

1. In 593 she purposely left a breadcrumb which she could fall back on later which made the gambit less effective, but less risky. I think this is a sacrifice scum would be all over since they don't need to take any risks to get information.

2. There's not really much sorting out at all in our PT. I only posted two very short posts in there, mostly repeating my reads that I had already posted in the main thread, and talking about how I didn't really think it was worthwhile to have our own private reads when we could share our reads with everyone just as easily. She seemed to act like she really found something (and that I let my guard down), but I don't really think that's the case.

3. The reason I decided to dance with human sequencer (despite her post post giving away her intentions by claiming she thought we would get good scumhunting done together and going on to note how she didn't' like my plan which was the only thing I had really posted), was because she seemed to be willing to do fun gambits like this, and I really thought we would do a good job hunting scum together (also I town read her a bunch at that point). Unfortunately once we got to the PT, I asked if she wanted to help me come up with a gambit in order to get information from sickofit who I was having a really hard time reading, and she declined and did not propose an alternate target. This made me feel like the structure of her play was being faked to seem like she was doing more than she really was.

Overall right now, by top two picks for the scum team are Maria & sickofit or Human sequencer & Dunn (this is based mostly off of other peoples logic in combination with my reads of people as pairs rather than individuals).

Therefore, the strategy I would be most inclined to go with for the game would be to lynch Maria/Dunn today, and then if Maria flips scum, go for sickofit/Parama, if Dunn flips scum go for me (my replacement)/human sequencer, and if they both flip town, go for gamma/dave.

I really do wish I could play more in this game, but it's pretty hard to keep up with, and I have a lot going on with school right now.

@mod, can I get a replacement?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”