Micro 431 - Noughts and Crosses Mafia

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:15 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Hi. I was skimming the game although I haven't caught up fully.

A couple of options: a) I hammer Kaboose and we either win or the game goes to 3P LYLO. I'm not very optimistic on us winning considering Kaboose's attitude reads as town as is his willingness to allow himself to be lynched. b) We scumhunt as normal and try and figure out who the remaining scum is. I believe choice (a) is more statistically optimal though and perhaps even preferable.

I will not one thing though - It is actually suboptimal for us to discuss our reads if the day ends up being a lynch on Kaboose for Tic Tac Toe purposes. That only provides scum with information on who to nightkill. It is somewhat similar to the day of a no lynch before MYLO. Explaining our reads help scum make better choices tonight. What you guys did earlier with the list of reads from towniest to scummiest was something I thought wasn't helpful but what's done is done.

Either way, we either lynch Kaboose without further discussion of reads or we open up the possibility of lynching someone else. If we are going with the former, I'll throw down the hammer sometime before deadline.

Pedit: Vanilla Townie.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:21 am

I kinda want to do it when the mod is still online. Maybe I'll wait 15 minutes.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (isolation #2) » Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:37 am

Obviously I'm a VT as well. And you are right, I am reasonably certain you are town so I considered looking elsewhere as opposed to mislynching but realized that it is really suboptimal considering if don't lynch right, the game is over.

VOTE: Kaboose
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:32 pm

Good game scum. I'd definitely play this setup again possibly from the start as I love Tic Tac Toe and all the strategies that you can use to win. I was surprised when RedCoyote went for the innocent child in a very obviously scum move and really had no idea who I'd pick at endgame. I don't believe the "crossvote so I can figure out which of you is scum" is scummy because it's what I'd have done as town and I've seen town do it in the past. The town motivation is that to win as town in LYLO, there are two separate steps you need to win "mini-battles" if you will. The first to identify the scum. The second is to convince the other townie that you are town. When both parts fall into place you win. What Scripten was doing was trying to win that second battle - convincing the town that he is town. And when the crossvote happens, he's left with just the first part which is finding the scum.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”