Micro 28: Kingmaker Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #51 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I think it's probably better for discussion if the king stays quiet for now, but I don't think it matters all that much. I have to say that I don't really care for a voting system, though. Since ultimately your votes probably won't matter so much to the king (our actual cases being the important part), votes are really only good for posturing.

Right now, I have pretty good townreads on Klick and the Reckslot and a bit on UCT, and a pretty good scumread on guile.

In post 20, guille2015 wrote:Since we are in twilight, I think we can still keep talking about stuff.

If Battousai allows us to bold the votes, then some of us can keep track of the votes.

If that is not allowed, we can simply go FOS: xxxx and bold that. Use that as a measure of votes.

This can read either one of two ways. First, he figured it was a reaction test and then responded like he believed it so he could actually act like he was contributing something. Second, he actually believed that UCT was executed that quickly, which in case his reaction was "oh, we can still keep talking about stuff. like keeping track of our votes!" instead of "what the fuck why did that lynch happen so quickly?".
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #66 (isolation #1) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

guile, klick reinforced recks gambit and tried to draw a confession out of uct with his twilight posting, while you were worried about establishing the voting system. you cannot say that you did not believe his gambit because you apologized to batt for talking in twilight. I don't require a what the fuck reaction from every townie in reaction to a gambit like that, but I do require something better than hey guys, let's set up a fake voting system.

so, try again to explain why that was your initial reaction, and, for a bit of a bonus, explain that town read on me because I am curious.

rach, I do not believe reck as scum would try a gambit like that. he has been getting scum a lot lately and absolutely hates being scum. first reaction at drawing role pm again is a bit of anger, then immediate lurking. starting things out with a reaction test that is against the rules is classic town reck. I also don't see the damage you seem worried about. I have got good reads off his little fiasco, and would be hardpressed to produce any sort of content without recks noble sacrifice.

uct, if you feel helpless, you can comment on what I'm posting. do you think that I am just spewing bullshit?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #72 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

rach is also pretty fucking town, which is cool.

empking also seems sort of town. knee jerk reaction to his trusting me (because he never said anything like that before) was that he was trying to buddy up to someone with a pretty good chance of being king, but doing as much so blatantly after pointing out it would be easier to find who is buddying scum if the king were revealed seems strange for scum.

guile, it still seems strange you wanted to talk about the voting system more then you wanted to talk about a man dying on page one, but I can't do much more than throw that out there and hope for the best. I will leave it for now, although I would like to see you put a vote down in your voting system if you care about it so damn much.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #85 (isolation #3) » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

i just wanted to say that all of the useless setup speculation is getting a bit overbearing, especially because it isn't leading anywhere tasty.
reads, reads, reads.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #99 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:20 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

uct, popcorn to the next person please

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

cough cough cough, totally forgot about that.
in that case, since the game is stalling a little bit and I'm feeling good, I am (obviously) the king and would really like to execute either guile or uct.
consensus is easily uct which makes me think he has a good chance of death tomorrow if I choose guile today, but the only thing holding me back are the AI and RXK slots.
uct has done some things that make me hesitate for a moment on his scumminess which is also why I favor guile, but AI has done shit not shit and has a decent chance of being scum thanks to my townreads all over the fucking place, and RXK hasn't done much either although I still have a weak townread on him.

so my question is to you all is would tears fall if I executed guile, or do people feel waaay stronger about uct?
keep in mind i will listen to you a bit more than I would in a normal game because this is kingmaker and it's important to hold people's opinions in account so the game doesn't become bullshit, etc. etc.

I will not be executing Empking, Klick, Rach, Maverick, or myself under any circumstances (although major townpoints to the person who can convincingly call me scum when I can lynch the shit out of you whenever the hell I want because that takes balls balls balls), so everyone should probably give choices for the execute with reasoning now. I am especially eager in guile's and UCT's responses because I suspect them both of being scum, which means that they could try to go bus mode and guarantee scumdeath today, or they could choose someone else which would link them together harder but improve chances of survival.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Play a game of chance and call me scum to my face, and I'm sure you will find out.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #108 (isolation #7) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I saw your scumread on Empking, I produced reasoning as to why I think that he is town, so you can respond to that if you REALLY feel strongly, and I will reconsider, perhaps.

uctriton wrote:I'm spending 90% of the game on the defensive. Defending my idea of voting, and asking people what I did to see scummy.

I find this statement to be a type of a scumtell. Scum have a higher obligation to defend themselves because they cannot get lynched and sometimes feel they don't have enough time for offense (NurC in Newbie 1273 was a fantastic example of this, if you're interested). When you are town, there comes a point where you just have to say "fuck it, I'm saying the same things over again, I'm lynching scum". You have not come close to reaching that point and instead it looks like you're reaching the point where you're going for the ultimate defense and am going to give up if that doesn't work.

uctriton wrote:There are people who in fact aren't good at "acting town", no matter their alignment.

you are too good of a player to say this, sorry.
i seem to remember you carrying a game to victory when I got lynched day 1 as scum, and another game where I read you as town and you made two successful protects in a row?
this is an AtE, my friend.

and also you didn't answer who I should execute. Empking is not an option if you want to influence me at all.
pedit: nevermind.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #109 (isolation #8) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:54 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

also who is guile's buddy, do you think?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #111 (isolation #9) » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

can you give us an opinion first?
you basically gave me all the options I gave you back to me.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #136 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

interesting. I don't think that it would be a good move for guile scum to fakeclaim hero if his partner was under a lot of fire (uct). for that reason, I kind of want to elect uct as king and have him execute guile tomorrow, even though he's almost certainly a lying fucking scumbag.

meaning today I would like to execute lurker ireland.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #151 (isolation #11) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:43 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 149, RachMarie wrote:umm should I point out that I am often thought as scummy no matter what my alignment is? I can post games showing I got lynched even after a PR claim of Doc, not once but TWICE recently. With no CC either.

two similar emotional appeals from good players
which means that you both probably aren't scum
please stop doing this to me

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #165 (isolation #12) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:17 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

mmmm
i always executed AI a bit too quickly.
I've been on edge with this game lately, so on edge...

I was serious when I asked people for opinions, though. I'm not actually getting many, and it is frustrating to say the least.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #167 (isolation #13) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

does anyone except for AI lack the ability to vote for a king?
please claim now, thank you much.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #168 (isolation #14) » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

and please hurry, if I don't figure this out soon I'm just going to execute guile and that may turn out terribly in the end.
but honestly, if guile isn't scum I don't even deserve to live, soooo

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #173 (isolation #15) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:48 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

at least three people in this game can't vote for king? where did you get this number?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #176 (isolation #16) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:20 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 175, RachMarie wrote:Nacho on page 1 in post 2 by the mod all the roles and who has votes and who does not is all laid out under Roles.

the only one of those that talks about voting is the town crier.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #178 (isolation #17) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

more people than the crier can vote.
i know that for sure, especially since UCT has already talked about his power to vote, and klick has talked about his power to vote.
i would like to know who cannot.
it is not only powerroles who can vote, don't worry

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #179 (isolation #18) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

if you're the only one, then you're a scumbag who slipped
if there is another, you are probably town

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #180 (isolation #19) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:19 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

in other words, if no one claims, I am lynching you immediately.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #182 (isolation #20) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

guile can you vote?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #183 (isolation #21) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:21 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

and can I just execute you right now?
would you be okay with that?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #184 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

three days, three hours
i would like to execte pretty soon because me dying by deadline would be enormously stupid

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #188 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:15 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 186, RXK wrote:i didn't send in my picks for king before the pregame deadline so i have no idea if my votes count or not. i confirmed via PM, then i spent a couple days wondering why my chest hurt so badly, then game started before i could make a decision.

There is something else that confuses me in the OP:

You are the King's Elite Guard. You were an unimportant Nobleman's son. Since you were 3, you've been trained in diplomatic, swordsmanship, and healing practices. Now that the time of the King has come back, you've been sent to a local village to ensure they survive. Once per night, you may guard a villager and protect them from any late night visitors, and to
guard them if they decide to visit another
. You win when there are no more Assassins alive, or nothing can prevent the same.

The only roles in this game outside of said Guard that can "visit" another player is an assassin.

mhm.
so they can block scumkills.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #190 (isolation #24) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:17 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

jailkeeper*

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #195 (isolation #25) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

RXK, would you be okay with me executing someone right now?
Not AI, someone else.

the power is in your hands

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #196 (isolation #26) » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:08 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

oh and in case he says yes, AI is town as fuck.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #213 (isolation #27) » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

okay, here's the deal.

I am currently on a bus that will get me home at approximately 4:30 central time. when I get home, I will execute rachmarie regardless of whatever the fuck she claims.

if she flips scum, uctriton should be elected king to execute guile. the problem guile has with scummy people killing him is a problem only if there are two scum left, and killing rach pretty much takes care of that problem.

if she flips town, someone should be elected to execute guile or uctriton with my strong preference on guile. I prefer empking for this simply because he has expressed interest in testing the claim and also is slightly less active as klick, who I feel would be a good person to save the town if everything goes super fucking south. maverick might be good if you have slight doubts about him, but I really don't.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #228 (isolation #28) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

execute: rachmarie

burn

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #230 (isolation #29) » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

bah bah scumsheep, have you any wool?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #235 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:23 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

uct kill guile
or kill me
please don't drag this out
also please don't be scum
because if you are scum when I gave you a bit of faith I will kill the living shit out of you

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #238 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:29 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

UCT YOU SCUMFUCK TROLL
I DIDNT WANT YOU TO BE A SCUMKING
I JUST WANTED TO REASSURE PEOPLE
FUCK

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #242 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 239, uctriton00 wrote:Well what I'm thinking is if guile really is the Hero, then it makes sense not to "kill" myself. It's either, die today, or die tomorrow.

Who would we execute instead of guile?

me

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #245 (isolation #33) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:40 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

guile when did you get so town?
sorry about yesterday. thanks for getting a PR.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #246 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

UCT, you should kill guile right now. It would be a romantic end to this whole game, for the final scum to throw himself on his sword. Plus I will totally love you forever if you don't stall this game. I want to talk about shit with people.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #248 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:48 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

why did we have to win like this
god damn it

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #249 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

guile i am sorry
uct i hate you

lurking until i die

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #252 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:13 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

you

to both questions

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #257 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:50 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

no

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #258 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

you fucking scumfuck
cheeky clownfuck scum
stop squirming and do something

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #269 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

holyshit the squirming

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #278 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I can't say I can see AI as scum right now.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #286 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

RXK, who do you suspect?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #289 (isolation #43) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:57 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 51, Nachomamma8 wrote:I think it's probably better for discussion if the king stays quiet for now, but I don't think it matters all that much. I have to say that I don't really care for a voting system, though. Since ultimately your votes probably won't matter so much to the king (our actual cases being the important part), votes are really only good for posturing.

Right now, I have pretty good townreads on Klick and the Reckslot and a bit on UCT, and a pretty good scumread on guile.

In post 20, guille2015 wrote:Since we are in twilight, I think we can still keep talking about stuff.

If Battousai allows us to bold the votes, then some of us can keep track of the votes.

If that is not allowed, we can simply go FOS: xxxx and bold that. Use that as a measure of votes.

This can read either one of two ways. First, he figured it was a reaction test and then responded like he believed it so he could actually act like he was contributing something. Second, he actually believed that UCT was executed that quickly, which in case his reaction was "oh, we can still keep talking about stuff. like keeping track of our votes!" instead of "what the fuck why did that lynch happen so quickly?".

mmmm
I'm not so sure you were first with that guile scumread

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #291 (isolation #44) » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Hmmm.
Execute: Empking

I am about 90% confident in my AI read, and with guile as confirmed town, I feel really good about this vote.
RXK could still probably be scum, but I doubt it.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #302 (isolation #45) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:07 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

GOD DAMN IT

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #303 (isolation #46) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

god fucking damnit god fucking damnit

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #304 (isolation #47) » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I will comment on this game later, but RXK did a damn good job.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #316 (isolation #48) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

sorry AI, this game hurts my soul every time I look at it.
fuck.

empking killed this game, but I got super fucking paranoid when UCT and guile flipped town.
this game is the perfect, perfect example of why my tunneling absolutely kills me in games. Guile was such a strong scumread I thought "nah, he couldn't be town" and then he's confirmed town and I'm like SHIT I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO
and then scum kills Klick because they figured I would be the king and fuck up again
I figured only empking would be scum ballsy enough to do something like that, but shit

but what really fucked me up was this:

In post 187, RXK wrote:AI - did you send in a vote and were told you couldn't vote or did you just not send in a vote altogether?

your scumbuddy slipped in thread, and was caught on a slip
and you come right in and you save the fuck out of him
and he was so comfortable with it
I could NOT see AI as scum because he was so fucking comfortable with everyone

and RXK, last day
In post 287, RXK wrote:like shit, i don't believe empking had a favorable opinion on anyone except nacho, primarily because he trusted nacho more. this following behavior is seen primarily by medium-sized herbivorous creatures such as the Ovis aries.

so disgustingly confident
so utterly, utterly confident
I was planning on executing you at the start of the day
but that niggle of paranoia said "nope, you're completely wrong this game, pull a 180"
and I played right into your hands

it hurts

In post 200, Agent_Ireland wrote:Nacho, do not allow this to kill you, if we are 24 hours from deadline, assume everyone has done this. Don't die because you were waiting for people.

and this
so thoughtful
so concerned for me
argh

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #319 (isolation #49) » Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:47 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I do really enjoy Kingmaker because it's awesome. I just hate losing :(

Your villager slip was a slip because Battousai had us send in our votes in order to confirm, so it was obvious we should have had votes. I sort of discounted it because Battousai didn't tell me to confirm at first, but then I realize if he corrected mine he should have corrected yours around the same time... and a voteless villager WAS possible, it was just unlikely.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”