Micro 1080: Brass and Shrapnel - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Sat May 13, 2023 12:36 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

VOTE: Skygazer

thank you !
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #40 (isolation #1) » Sat May 13, 2023 5:23 pm

In post 29, GrandpaMo wrote:ngl i dont like people who give a readlist like this so early in the game. like honestly whats the point if this is gonna change, like do it in a private pt. sorry, no shade<3
something something cognitive load is that the nsg tell or am I misremembering?
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #47 (isolation #2) » Sat May 13, 2023 8:15 pm

In post 44, Alianna wrote: What's the NSG tell and what are you referring to here?
The tell I'm referring to is missing a joke and responding to it as if it was serious, considered a mild scumtell because scum can be more concerned about responding to things in a way that seems proper, rather than in a genuine way. I know that was a tell named after someone, I know nsg tell was a thing, I don't remember for sure if they were the same thing.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #69 (isolation #3) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:52 am

In post 59, GrandpaSpino wrote:lol i knew it was a joke, thats why i said no shade <3
Fair

Side note does anyone know how to selectively quote part of a post on mobile
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #70 (isolation #4) » Sun May 14, 2023 6:53 am

In post 52, GrandpaSpino wrote:i havent even looked at any setup mech shit
Did you read your role PM?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #182 (isolation #5) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:04 am

In post 108, Alianna wrote: I was going to call this town since everyone knows what a mafia goon is, but I guess maf have a factional doc/RB too this game.
Meh, it's still good enough for a page 5 townlean.
I think I would agree, but I believe all bets are off for whether GrandpaMo would do something that makes any sense as scum.

It's been a while but I played a game where I was scum with him and he did some real dumb shit that got himself killed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #185 (isolation #6) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:41 am

We were, that's what I meant by "I was scum with him", sorry if that wasn't clear.

Also I did go back look at that game for some context, and there was more method to your madness than I remembered. You slipped some TMI trying to defend Victorine but then actually made an effort to come up with a claim that would have explained it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #186 (isolation #7) » Mon May 15, 2023 6:47 am

In post 133, Skygazer wrote: i mean im not saying i'm gonna play like nk15 or NM, i just mean temper your expectations for me.
I have no issue with a low-energy/measured playstyle but please do not quote a 20 line post for a 1 line response, it makes the game very hard to read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #188 (isolation #8) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:04 am

In post 161, GrandpaSpino wrote: Classic scum move.

Gets pressured and gets called out on it and then stops the reasoning.
I don't know. I can see that being a town thought process. Especially since the thing you are currently accusing Merlyn of is very similar to the thing that you did when Merlyn brought up your supposed contradiction-- you said the KT thing was a big deal and potentially noteworthy, but also acknowledged that KT said it was nothing and agreed that it was irrelevant yourself.

It is a valid mode of reasoning for a townie to make an argument, receive pushback against that argument, and then decide that maybe what they saw isn't as big a deal as they thought.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #189 (isolation #9) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:06 am

In post 187, Skygazer wrote: sorry phone posting hard
oh yeah it absolutely is. With the site upgrade a lot of things moved which is annoying but not inherently bad, but I think the mobile experience did definitely get worse overall.

If you don't want to edit a quote on mobile you can write the number of the post you're responding to. A little messy, but it'll work, and imo cutting down on thread clutter is pretty important.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #192 (isolation #10) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:42 am

viewtopic.php?t=88188

That game was... highly memorable. Though I did have to go back and reread the scum PT to remember some of the details of what/when you claimed.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #193 (isolation #11) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:44 am

In post 191, GrandpaSpino wrote: I see what u mean . but when did I say the kt was a big thing? I was specifically referring to how Merlyn might see it. because i have been sticking to only one claim which is what u said, that it was irrelevant.
The post that Merlyn brought up as you saying it could be relevant later for interactions, . I think I can see what you were going for with that post but I can understand how Merlyn might have interpreted it the way she did.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #194 (isolation #12) » Mon May 15, 2023 7:45 am

Or maybe I'm just misinterpreting it too. But if so, that should underscore that it's easy to misinterpret :lol:
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #224 (isolation #13) » Tue May 16, 2023 2:14 am

In post 219, Skygazer wrote: they give an aura of solving without like actual solving
when I read his ISO it looks like the opposite. He might be having thought processes (as evidenced by the reads he's stated), but he's not making them transparent.

What do you think he's doing to "give an aura of solving"?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #225 (isolation #14) » Tue May 16, 2023 2:19 am

ok is a pretty bad post
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #231 (isolation #15) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:10 am

In post 229, Skygazer wrote: honestly not feeling this as strongly but the quick-fire reads just felt like lukewarm/safe takes
what would be an unsafe take to make at this point in the game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #234 (isolation #16) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:34 am

I wasn't trying to simply shoot down your read, though if it was that easily shot down, it's probably better that it was.

Can't speak for other people, but if I'm pushing back on a read, it's almost always because I want to generate more discussion on it and analyze more in-depth, and not because I want you to shut up.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #236 (isolation #17) » Tue May 16, 2023 8:50 am

I understand that sentiment.

I'm not sure the game is quite far enough along for it yet but if you still feel that later in the day we could try to jam about reads and see if we can come up with anything interesting. When I'm feeling out of it what I usually want is for someone to engage me in good faith on specific topics and try to get a discussion going.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #238 (isolation #18) » Tue May 16, 2023 9:05 am

If you want something to engage with, I'd be interested to hear more thoughts on . bianco (I think?) already called it out as being weird, after seeing his post I agree with him, but I have a pretty hard time reading new players so I can't say I'm super confident in it.

It's a little hard for me to place exactly what I don't like about it (and I will not stoop to buzzwords such as "well poisoning"), but I think it's the double accusation of motivated reasoning. Motivated reasoning is a thing that happens all the time but it's obviously much more likely to come from scum, who need to generate arguments to fit the reads that are strategic for them, so even putting aside the fact that people may not recognize it in themselves, people are going to be very unlikely to admit to it.

So bianco is right. For someone who supposedly doesn't scumread GS, what purpose do those questions serve? GMo is never going to answer "actually yes, I just scanned the game looking for an excuse to scumread you instead of making a fair analysis". And they're not really solving-minded, or they'd be directed at others ("hey, does anyone else think GMo's meta scan was bullshit?") So it just kinda reads like a deflection, a knee-jerk attempt to attack the credibility of someone accusing you instead of actually solving them.

And in the same vein, Jason's was perfectly timed, because Merlyn had left it kind of ambiguous and knowing the answer to that was vital to parsing . I wanted to know where Jason was going with that, it seems he has not gone anywhere with it yet. I guess in an ideal world I should be holding this post back until he does but... screw that, I want to spark more discussion. But if you get a moment Jason, I would like to know why you asked that, and what your conclusion is from Merlyn's answer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #240 (isolation #19) » Tue May 16, 2023 10:42 am

It is worth clarifying, since you may have misunderstood-- I am not saying Merlyn was using motivated reasoning. I'm saying Merlyn was accusing GMo of using motivated reasoning, in essence asking him "did you make stuff up to support your argument?" Which is a pointless question, because nobody would ever answer "yes" to that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #244 (isolation #20) » Tue May 16, 2023 12:00 pm

In post 242, Merlyn wrote: This was absolutely directed at other town reading along and thinking that GS had actually read that game. This isn't Jeopardy, I shouldn't have to put the answer in a form of a question!
Was it meant to simply be a statement then ("GMo took five minutes to make that post and therefore could not have read the whole game"), or an invitation for other people to weigh in? If the former, then the way you phrased it was fine (if unnecessarily antagonistic), but I don't think the latter was clear at all. That post gave the impression that you just wanted to bicker with GMo rather than engage a wider audience on that point.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #248 (isolation #21) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:31 pm

In post 245, Merlyn wrote: I don't want to hear about 'you'd rather bicker with mo' when I said I wanted to drop it pages ago. And I definitely don't want to hear 'unnecessarily antagonistic' when the player who called me a liar gets off Scott free.
You should feel complimented rather than insulted, it means I'm holding you to a higher standard than GMo. :shifty:

Or maybe I'm just numb to people saying "X is lying" when they mean "X is wrong". I did not read that post as antagonistic in the same way as I did yours.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #249 (isolation #22) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:32 pm

In post 247, Merlyn wrote: Like, I don't even have a good idea about who to vote for rn, and that's because the game is only about GS and I while scum lurks in the background and takes advantage of what was likely a TvT spat.
You think GS is town? On their own merits, or just because of the attention this conflict has received?

I feel like the only one drawing attention to it, besides GS themselves, has been me.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #250 (isolation #23) » Tue May 16, 2023 1:34 pm

In post 249, Something_Smart wrote: I feel like the only one drawing attention to it, besides GS themselves, has been me.
Which, if you feel that scum are drawing attention to a TvT argument, answers your question about whom to vote I guess.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #260 (isolation #24) » Tue May 16, 2023 9:11 pm

In post 253, Merlyn wrote: Not crazy, just wrong.
hMMM is this a towntell in [current year]

To say that someone's reasons to suspect you are valid? I feel like we've hit the point where this kind of thing is standard scum fare but I really have no bead on the current site meta.

I hate to constantly be calling out things Merlyn does as scummy and I think it's bad for the game to do so, so I guess I'll go with my level 1 thinking and call this +town for now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #261 (isolation #25) » Tue May 16, 2023 9:16 pm

In post 258, Alianna wrote:Could have something to do with the fact that the hydra's got ~30% of the posts in the thread and it feels like a lot of us are just spectators (myself included, that's not an accusation).
This is a cop-out and a half. There is nothing stopping you from doing what the active players are doing; it's not like we're an exclusive club you can't join.

Now if you think everything is NAI, sure. That's the classic RVS problem, of how do we create content from nothing. But you can still create content there-- find something someone thinks is AI, write up a counterargument for why it isn't. Generate some discussion.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #308 (isolation #26) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:44 pm

That plan would prevent vigis from shooting bombs.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #309 (isolation #27) » Wed May 17, 2023 7:45 pm

I'm not sure how frank I should be about optimal scum play. I know what I think is probably optimal town play but it's only optimal if you assume scum will play optimally.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #400 (isolation #28) » Sat May 20, 2023 1:14 am

I don't scumread Skygazer per se but I'm happy leaving my vote on them until they do something.

I didn't really like the Merlyn wagon despite my initial suspicion but I haven't really loved her response to being wagoned. It's kinda like-- it feels like there's a lack of urgency? Like she's like "oh well, guess I'm being wagoned, better try and stay calm and just try to figure out who's scum the way I normally would" which is a bit of an unusual response from town and especially from newish town. Especially given she had already dropped a fatalistic "if you're gonna lim me, lim me" but usually when townies do that they get annoyed when votes stall.

I think Jason is town for advancing solving particularly for the question I pointed out earlier. Drew feels towny too for playing in an aggressive and dynamic way that doesn't seem focused enough to be agenda-driven or motivated by looking good. I never have any idea what T3 is doing but turning to Alianna when he did is a strange choice as scum unless his partner is exactly Skygazer.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #456 (isolation #29) » Sun May 21, 2023 8:25 pm

In post 401, JasonWazza wrote: SS do you have any scum reads or is it just Town reads all the way down?
I'd say the Merlyn read is a scumread.

I'll look at Kitty tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #563 (isolation #30) » Tue May 23, 2023 11:28 am

In post 561, Alianna wrote: I don't think we can even make a wagon in the next half hour so...

VOTE: No Execution

EMBRACE ANARCHY! LET THE MURDERIZING BEGIN!
if you think a wagon is preferable why are you not trying for one?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #564 (isolation #31) » Tue May 23, 2023 11:29 am

VOTE: KittyTacky

I definitely think a lim is better than none.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #568 (isolation #32) » Tue May 23, 2023 11:32 am

I mean anarchy can still happen if there's a lim. That's kinda the point of this setup.

Sky, you still around?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #571 (isolation #33) » Tue May 23, 2023 11:36 am

I don't think I can really read Kitty. Which I guess inherently makes him not an awful D1 lim in a game with no investigatives.

Tomorrow I want to reread and try to figure out who, if anyone, contributed to us not being able to arrive at a lim. I'm definitely partly to blame for my absence in the second half of the day, my weekends are busy and it was hard for me to re-engage, and I apologize for that.

GS's Merlyn vote stuck out to me, it seemed like a weird time to be re-litigating an old wagon that had died. It struck me that it might have been an attempt to distract from Kitty, food for thought if Kitty flips scum I guess.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #573 (isolation #34) » Tue May 23, 2023 11:39 am

I'm semi down for a shot on Skygazer if they don't come back, though I think their willingness to hammer makes them much above-average likelihood to be a bomb, as a bomb who understands that they are perceived as scummy would be mostly negative utility (more likely to kill town than scum) and therefore more okay with dying in the day. A vig-Skygazer may want a chance to shoot first, while a supersaint-Skygazer would presumably want someone else to hammer them instead of the other way around.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #574 (isolation #35) » Tue May 23, 2023 11:40 am

In post 572, Alianna wrote: If Kitty is scum, Merlyn and T3 are spewed town by associatives.
Haven't verified this or looked at why you think it, but if you think T3/Kitty is ruled out then we're kinda running out of partners for Kitty, unless we think scum bussed which feels suboptimal. I guess GS/Kitty is possible, idk about Jason but I townread Jason independently.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #580 (isolation #36) » Tue May 23, 2023 11:45 am

Cool. Definitely do not shoot Sky now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #614 (isolation #37) » Sat May 27, 2023 7:52 am

V/LA until Monday
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #617 (isolation #38) » Sat May 27, 2023 8:50 am

In post 607, Skygazer wrote: Why'd ya shoot them?

I also shot them :shifty:
What do you make of my incorrect musing that you were likely to be a bomb?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #621 (isolation #39) » Sat May 27, 2023 10:16 am

Also I think that between Drew and Sky's claims, Drew's is more suspect because he may have been hoping that Jason was the one who shot GS.

Both are probably +town though because they risk angering a live vig.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #700 (isolation #40) » Mon May 29, 2023 10:31 am

It me. I'm back.

Not fully caught up but reading Merlyn's case and wow do Drew's posts look like a classic FoS buddy, vote townie. Good call there.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #702 (isolation #41) » Mon May 29, 2023 11:10 am

It is relatively common for scum to say "X and Y are scummy" and then vote X, when Y is their buddy.

You spent a while talking about GS and Merlyn being buddies and voted Merlyn a bunch but never voted GS. Now that GS has flipped scum, it's not a great look.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #704 (isolation #42) » Mon May 29, 2023 11:21 am

In post 703, Doctor Drew wrote: And I explained that I didn't feel there was support for a BianMo wagon so was pushing Merlyn more, who I thought there was more support behind.
Yeah this was the main counterargument that came to my mind. I'm not arguing anything conclusive, if course, and I'm still on my phone so I can't dig deeply into it quite yet. It's just a pattern I noticed, that I'm not sure if Merlyn called out directly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #705 (isolation #43) » Mon May 29, 2023 11:28 am

It is still especially bad that you specifically said Merlyn and GS were
partners
, since that absolves you of the need to push GS if you get the Merlyn lim.

Still trying to piece through what I think about the GS shot. Is there anything else that affected your decision to shoot GS over Merlyn, besides what you've already mentioned?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #708 (isolation #44) » Mon May 29, 2023 11:39 am

What if Merlyn had flipped town?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #723 (isolation #45) » Mon May 29, 2023 2:53 pm

In post 718, Skygazer wrote: i kinda wanna hammer but am trying to be less impulsive
The biggest counterargument is that there's a chance Drew can confirm himself if he's a real vig.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #726 (isolation #46) » Mon May 29, 2023 2:58 pm

In post 710, Doctor Drew wrote: Pre Edit: Smart, in that scenario I probably still would have pushed BianMo, they seemed very hesitant to really push Merlyn hard.....sonin this alternate universe it could have been a case of TMI from them.......but we aren't in that universe, so here I still think they are buddies.

And also not giving too much thought to an impossible scenario lol
I'm having a hard time parsing this. GS's interactions with Merlyn indicate that they are buddies, but also make sense if GS is scum and Merlyn is town? Do they make more sense in a world where both are scum?

What from the Merlyn side of the interactions makes you think she's partnered with GS?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #727 (isolation #47) » Mon May 29, 2023 3:00 pm

Sorry for the bombardment of questions.
In post 710, Doctor Drew wrote: Basically one part of it, there just wasn't support for a BianMo wagon imo, wasn't gonna waste the energy when I knew I had a bullet at night(again, assuming I am not shooting blanks lol)
Why did you assume you were not shooting blanks?
And--
In post 705, Something_Smart wrote: Still trying to piece through what I think about the GS shot. Is there anything else that affected your decision to shoot GS over Merlyn, besides what you've already mentioned?
Did you answer this?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #729 (isolation #48) » Mon May 29, 2023 3:43 pm

In post 728, Doctor Drew wrote: I feel if you are a vig, you should assume you have live ammunition when determining your decision to shoot or not shoot.
But you said you didn't push GS because you knew you could shoot them at night. But you didn't know that.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #736 (isolation #49) » Tue May 30, 2023 4:52 am

In post 734, Skygazer wrote: I'm kind of concerned by how many people went from "Drew probably wouldn't claim the shot as scum" to "Drew is probably scum"
wasn't it just you and me that said this

and neither of us have actually voted Drew, I have thought about it and I do think his D1 is fairly sus but I still think claiming the shot is +town overall. so I don't know that this is really the massive transformation that it sounds like.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #739 (isolation #50) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:08 am

Another thing I have yet to sit down and think about is, why wasn't GS docced, or maybe they actually were.

It's possible, but unlikely, that they thought roleblocking was better than doccing. However they clearly did not target their roleblock well if that was the case :P

It's also possible that they did in fact doc GS. This would make both Sky and Drew town and live vigs. I don't feel like this is that likely just because even if Sky and Drew are both town, it's only 1/3 that they are both live.

If we assume that the other scum member was docced, that means they weren't expecting GS to be under much threat. Unfortunately, I can't think of many partners where this would be unlikely-- even Sky, whom I publicly announced should not be shot, was still under some pressure and they might have still feared some rogue would do it (or that I was secretly planning to do it and didn't want my shot doubled).

I think Alianna and Merlyn would probably be no-brainer doc saves over GS. (A Merlyn/GS team
miiight
actually find it worth their time to block Drew, but he's only like 25% to be a live vig from a N1 perspective, so they probably would have expected to be better off saving Merlyn.) T3/GS is hard to tell, I don't think T3 was under any pressure but I also don't remember anyone calling him town? So that one might have been a toss-up.

The interesting one here is Drew/GS. Obviously, in this world GS could not have been the doc target, because there weren't two shots on GS (unless one came from Jason, but even then Drew claiming there is just absurd). So, it's potentially illuminating to go back and look how people were reading these two and which of them they would have expected to be shot. I personally was reading Drew townish and I don't think I'd expressed any townread on GS (in fact I did say their push back to Merlyn was weird).
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #740 (isolation #51) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:11 am

I'm gonna reread the whole game to look at interactions/read states now.

But first, I'm gonna go reread the beginning of the game I linked earlier to see how GMo interacts with buddies early.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #741 (isolation #52) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:16 am

Ok in that game he did miss the game start PM and thus enter pretty late and he almost immediately started arguing with one of his partners, but did not end up voting them.

Seems like he would be wholly unafraid to banter with a partner early and in fact would probably be more likely to do so.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #745 (isolation #53) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:22 am

In post 743, Skygazer wrote: also maybe merlyn but like their L-1 vote on merlyn makes me lean towards merlyn-town
probably yeah

and apparently drew is the one who unvoted after this? I'm not there yet but bruh I thought you were so confident in merlyn/GS scum why you voting skygazer and why did you say you felt better about kitty than merlyn
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #748 (isolation #54) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:31 am

In post 93, GrandpaSpino wrote: Well, unless you want to make sure Jason has a spotlight to point. You sure did inject the narrative that ''the heat'' from Jason is not all smoke, otherwise why the need to divert right?

VOTE: Doc
Hm, I had forgotten that this vote happened. This vote lasts until , Drew never got above two votes in the meantime. Seems like it could be a pretty safe distance. That said, the reasoning for the vote in was pretty organic, so they weren't simply looking for any possible excuse to hop off of Drew-- but with no Drew wagon in sight, it's not like they needed to.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #749 (isolation #55) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:32 am

Alianna seems town

I had noticed before upon ISOing T3 that he had a large amount of pointless interactions with GS on D1. I'm not sure if this was just because GS was posting a lot; I will have to look in context. I did get to and it feels pretty out of the blue.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #750 (isolation #56) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:45 am

I think is also +town for alianna
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #751 (isolation #57) » Tue May 30, 2023 5:49 am

In post 200, GrandpaSpino wrote: Oh, I kind of mixed up Merlyn and Sky toghether...
No matter, my point still mostly stands. It's just a lie.
+town for both
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #753 (isolation #58) » Tue May 30, 2023 6:31 am

Oh yeah, something just occurred to me.

If you are a vig, and you did not shoot Jason or GS, shoot the same target tonight. Because probably you're blank, but on the off chance you're live, you likely shot the scum who was docced.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #754 (isolation #59) » Tue May 30, 2023 6:35 am

Alianna and I both put Drew as towny. I don't think anyone else (except for GS) expressed an opinion on him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #758 (isolation #60) » Tue May 30, 2023 7:06 am

In post 756, Skygazer wrote: this feels kinda suboptimal bc if they targeted docced scum theyll just hit docced scum again
And then scum can't roleblock you. (Also, there's a chance you shoot the same target and pierce the protection.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #777 (isolation #61) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:25 am

In post 762, Skygazer wrote: I'm here right now:

Something_Smart
Merlyn
Alianna
T3
Doctor Drew
my readlist looks basically the same except with your name in place of mine. not sure if this is mindmeld or groupthink.

I think we should probably get a claim from T3 before we go too much further?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #778 (isolation #62) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:28 am

In post 766, Merlyn wrote:How so?
maybe overthinking but scum tend to not like to put their partners in null. especially with such a big scum pool, and we know that the partner isn't in the town pool, I would be surprised if GMo didn't try to smuggle in his partner in there for some free distancing.

I guess I could check for any reads in that post that aren't backed up by GMo's previously shared thoughts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #779 (isolation #63) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:32 am

There's some indication for all of them, though no direct scumreads stated on Skygazer and T3 before that post.

I might be persuaded to switch T3 and Drew in my reads, but I don't think it really matters, I think they both should probably be dying before endgame anyway.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #781 (isolation #64) » Wed May 31, 2023 7:41 am

My biggest concern against eliminating Drew is that if he's town he may be able to shoot someone.

In particular if both of you agree to shoot the same target, that puts us in a pretty good spot. If that target doesn't die, that makes it very likely that one of the two of you is scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #783 (isolation #65) » Wed May 31, 2023 10:35 am

Yeah, but we gained a lim. Assuming no other shenanigans of course (which is maybe a foolish assumption, but I'm just brainstorming), since we're on evens right now.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #801 (isolation #66) » Wed May 31, 2023 8:18 pm

In post 791, Merlyn wrote: does vig resolve at night before a kill (could Jason have gotten a shot off before being NK'd?)
Yes.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #807 (isolation #67) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:40 am

In post 806, Alianna wrote: Depends what you want to do with night actions tonight. Shooting T3 is a gamble, and I wouldn’t recommend a shot on me either.
If you're gonna soft bomb like this you should probably come out and say it, you are not going to be a high priority kill for scum probably
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #816 (isolation #68) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:38 am

In post 808, Alianna wrote: Well, I’m not a bomb but I’ll come out with it anyway. I’m a supersaint, so if the town wants to kill me, I’d rather take someone down with me.
That is very good to know for if you survive till F3.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #819 (isolation #69) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:47 am

There are potential plans that involve Merlyn getting shot. It also would be pretty sweet if Merlyn was a supersaint so we could set up double supersaints today and tomorrow and not have to worry about vig shots. (That does fail if scum just shoot the other supersaint but that's a shot that isn't landing on you or me.)

The downside is that it does give scum more information about what I might be. However I think bomb WIFOMing isn't that valuable compared to being able to make better plans, since if everyone accepts me and Sky as town, scum can always just kill Sky anyway if they're worried about me being a bomb.

So I agree that it's probably a positive for Merlyn to claim. I am kinda liking the idea of limming T3 today and directing both vigs onto Merlyn, with the hope that we end up in an F3 with Alianna. But obviously if Merlyn is a bomb that won't work.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #821 (isolation #70) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:20 am

If everyone's willing to bet the game on me/Sky being town I think we should be in a very good place (assuming Sky is in fact town, of course :shifty:).

But I'll wait for Merlyn's claim to touch more on specific plans.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #825 (isolation #71) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:29 am

In post 822, Skygazer wrote:pedit oh
It seemed like where things were heading, I don't want to pressure people to lock me as town if they don't feel comfortable, but if I'm gonna be making mech plans I want to know what assumptions I should be using.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #829 (isolation #72) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:02 am

Well then.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #830 (isolation #73) » Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:06 am

So I think we can just have T3 hammer one of the supersaints and have the vigis holster. Then Drew can hammer the other supersaint tomorrow.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #871 (isolation #74) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 6:20 am

Yeah, he may just be waiting out the prod timer.

Just so there's no chance of plausible deniability:

T3: you need to hammer Merlyn at your next available opportunity, that is the plan we have all agreed on. If you don't, we will lim you, and if you're town that outcome will be much worse for town and could cost us the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #884 (isolation #75) » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:58 am

It's proper for T3 to not claim as scum here. You shouldn't out yourself like that if there's any world, however remote, where you can still win.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #915 (isolation #76) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:19 am

gg, this was a pretty rough setup for scum, and nice job to all the vigis.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #916 (isolation #77) » Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:21 am

In post 910, GrandpaMo wrote: i personally think we should have been saved there and vig shots dont stack
Traditionally doctor only protects from one kill. I could see it maybe being played differently in this setup, but the doc ability is still really powerful for scum. It took a pretty concerted effort for town to bypass it, I don't think that would happen in most games.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”