Micro 1077 | True Love at Grandpa's House | Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:19 pm

Post by Bub Bidderskins »

Hi! This is the first time I've played a game like this so I'm excited.
Show
Total: 17/15/1
Town: 10/13/1
Scum: 7/2/0
Other: 0/0/0

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #1) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:24 am

My lover won't talk to me :(
Show

"Bub Bidderskins-If he's scum, I'll catch him in 2 posts. If he's town, he'll probably be somewhat useful." ~Parama
Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #2) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:35 pm

In post 36, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 30, Bub Bidderskins wrote: My lover won't talk to me :(
Sorry bub
VOTE: Vanderscamp

I'm sorry it has to end this way.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:37 pm

Wait,

UNVOTE:

Didn't really register with me that this is a mini game so that would put Vander at L-3 already.

Gonna:

VOTE: Andante

I'm torn on the idea of openly discussing theory like that. On the one hand the Mafia inherently has an information edge in general, but in this game there may be some edge the mafia can gain if everything's out in the open.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:45 pm

In post 43, Umlaut wrote:
In post 39, Bub Bidderskins wrote: Wait,

UNVOTE:

Didn't really register with me that this is a mini game so that would put Vander at L-3 already.

Gonna:

I'm torn on the idea of openly discussing theory like that. On the one hand the Mafia inherently has an information edge in general, but in this game there may be some edge the mafia can gain if everything's out in the open.
What theory discussion are you talking about?
This:
In post 24, Andante wrote: I mean, I wouldn't vote me yet, I'll let yall know, I'm just like kinda confused how no one else is trying to sort their lover.. yall... there are 4 pairs of lovers. 2 are town/town sure, but 2 are also town/scum, so if you are town, I would like to encourage you to really look at your lover..

not really sure I like bianco going "something quite relevant happened" like.. it has barely been 12 hours.. maybe my lover has yet to post in the PT, you doing that? I said I'm waiting... I'll let yall know if I have an update. my post was mostly @ my lover. I do not want votes flying my way till I'm sure

on another note, I hate the chad/vander stuff... like, go interrogate your lover in your pt or something, it takes 5 to lim sure, but this isn't exactly a normal game in terms of RVS. if you're town, you need to be CONFIDENT your lover is town
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #5) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:21 am

In post 40, chad thunder wrote:
In post 39, Bub Bidderskins wrote: Wait,

UNVOTE:

Gonna:

This kind of post seems indicative to me that Bub is trying to put on the appearance of looking pro-town rather than actually being pro-town.

L-3 is like nothing. Like how can you even apply pressure if you're too scared to put on a second vote. I feel like Bub worrying about putting a player at L-3 by adding *just* a second vote shows he's worried about optics here.

And I think schadd_ once said "first unvote is always a wolf."

VOTE: Bub Bidderskins
Still early so all these reads are flimsy, but this is a decent town tell for Chad in my book for trying to move out of RVS into actual discussion.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #6) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:23 am

biancospino jumping onto the wagon at the easiest point, but it's productive to get a wagon going this early and I don't think the scum are naive enough to think this wagon is close to escape velocity this early on.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #7) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:26 am

In post 58, Umlaut wrote: :/

That's a really weak reason to townread someone. We were hardly in RVS to begin with.
Everything's a weak reason for anything at this stage.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #8) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:31 am

Why are you so invested in trying to reduce the number of people who are townread?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (isolation #9) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:48 am

In post 65, Andante wrote: vander also lean town. bam! leaves scum in 4 people. I'm too good :)
I wish I was this overconfident.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:25 pm

In post 68, Vanderscamp wrote:
In post 57, Bub Bidderskins wrote: biancospino jumping onto the wagon at the easiest point, but it's productive to get a wagon going this early and I don't think the scum are naive enough to think this wagon is close to escape velocity this early on.
What's your opinion on Andante analyzing her votes?
Andante's being way overconfident for my liking. I feel like she's trying to hijack the narrative of the day early on and she's asking us to trust A LOT that her read on her lover is legitimate. I feel like the scumplay is to try to pocket the lover and defend them -- since both are in the same boat -- and her posting in the open thread is consistent with that play pattern.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:47 am

In post 98, Vanderscamp wrote: The problem with these nondescript chat townreads is that you guys are basically asking us to just trust your read with nothing for us to judge, which is not something I'm going to do.
This.

I think it's a move to try and control the narrative in an unverifiable way.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:39 pm

But look at the impact of Andante "town confirming" her lover -- it's an attempt to (unverifiably) shift all suspicion off her and her lover and limit the universe of suspects in a way that could lead us to mislim. It's not just unproductive, it's actively trying to move the game in a certain direction away from considering Andante or her lover as scum. Keep in mind, scum have a vested interest in producting their lover in a way that town don't because an elimination on a scum's lover is just as good as limming them.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 9:33 am

In post 109, chad thunder wrote:
In post 101, Bub Bidderskins wrote:
In post 98, Vanderscamp wrote: The problem with these nondescript chat townreads is that you guys are basically asking us to just trust your read with nothing for us to judge, which is not something I'm going to do.
This.

I think it's a move to try and control the narrative in an unverifiable way.
counterpoint #1: There is literally another person in the lover's topic that knows what I'm referring to. If I were scum trying to control the narrative, then my lover would have to be town due to the setup. They could, in turn, point out if I'm throwing them an unearned townread or saying something publicly that doesn't align with our private topic. That's not quite "unverifiable."
Yeah, but humans will still human. It's just natural that if someone chums up to you and thinks your town then you'll wanna take their side. From your point of view, you are town and everything you do is townie!
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #14) » Sat Apr 15, 2023 1:48 pm

NK15, with all due respect, I don't think you understand the case against Andante or the setup of this game. The case isn't about Andante townreading their lover...or even so much them making it public. It's about trying to yoink control of the game at the start:
In post 65, Andante wrote: vander also lean town. bam! leaves scum in 4 people. I'm too good :)
This kind of overconfidence based on totally unverifiable info leads me to think that Andante is trying to guide the town down a certain path.
In post 127, Not Known 15 wrote: Plus, you have pivoted from voting your lover when you realized they were your lover.
You understand the setup right? I knew who my lover was from the jump.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (isolation #15) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:08 am

I don't really understand the case against bianco. It seems like people are just throwing them out there because they haven't posted much?
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (isolation #16) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:38 am

Voting me off would suck because the vibe I'm getting from vander is that their town. Wouldn't mind getting the boot if I thought there was a decent chance he was scum, but meh.

VOTE: vote: bianco

Better wagon.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (isolation #17) » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:07 am

Because the Andante wagon collapsed.
Show

Bub Bidderskins
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Bub Bidderskins
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (isolation #18) » Wed Apr 19, 2023 7:33 am

I feel like I failed successfully. But yeah, good bus by enchant there.
Show

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”