Micro 1013: IMoA [game over!]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat May 22, 2021 5:08 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3, Datisi wrote:a town one-shot bulletproof vengeful
lmao
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sat May 22, 2021 5:17 am

In post 13, UneveN wrote:'greetings tell'
Oh man, that's a phrase I haven't heard in a while.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #141 (isolation #2) » Sat May 22, 2021 7:19 pm

Was busy today.

This game got serious fast so I'm gonna have to read it a few times to process it and not at 2am.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #216 (isolation #3) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:28 pm

In post 213, Sigmund wrote:scum love tvt shitfights but have trouble figuring out how to inject themselves into game flow without interrupting it
and you think I'm having trouble involving myself in the game?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #217 (isolation #4) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:29 pm

or what, I don't understand. Clearly I haven't even attempted to get involved in the game yet, unless you think that I'm SO bad at it that I literally went to post and couldn't come up with ANYTHING.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #224 (isolation #5) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:40 pm

In post 222, Moongrass wrote:This reminds me of someone...who did turn out to be scum...
Who?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #226 (isolation #6) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:41 pm

In post 223, Sigmund wrote:I think you looked at the thread and decided not to post
That is correct. Why would I post when I haven't been paying attention?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #229 (isolation #7) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:41 pm

I already said that I needed to reread the thread because the content has been so dense. I haven't found the mental energy to do that yet.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #231 (isolation #8) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm

In post 227, Sigmund wrote:Why does this even matter to you
Well generally meta tells only apply to the person the meta is from, unless they have a reason to believe that it's a universal tell.

I don't think I've played with Moongrass before; so, I was curious what the context for that was.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #234 (isolation #9) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:42 pm

In post 233, Sigmund wrote:It's funny how you only pay attention when you're getting pushed but when Norwee is getting pushed you find the game unworthy of your attention.

It's almost as if scum!you only cares about your own bacon.
Or town!me does?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #237 (isolation #10) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:44 pm

Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #240 (isolation #11) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:47 pm

Not why
should
. Why do you think I
would
?

I do care about what happens, but I was only loosely following and a LOT went on, so I wanted to reread it closely before actually engaging in it.

Whereas, the read you posted is one I can immediately engage with without knowing the game's history.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #243 (isolation #12) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:50 pm

oh man pointing out that two words have different meanings is so pedantic
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #244 (isolation #13) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:52 pm

In post 242, Sigmund wrote:The fact you just hid in the corner while I bullied poor norwee out of his mind and only re-entered the thread after I called you out for hiding shows me you're probably just scum here.
Definitely has nothing to do with the fact that I was busy today. Obviously I would have cleared my schedule if I had been town.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #246 (isolation #14) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:57 pm

It's not a coincidence. I explained it in .
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #249 (isolation #15) » Sun May 23, 2021 3:59 pm

I mean the game was out of RVS from page 1

That's unusual, to say the least.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #252 (isolation #16) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:06 pm

Well, I think Norwee was town. That's the only thing that stuck out to me on the first read. Not for the replace-out though-- Sigmund, why don't you think Norwee would respond like that as scum?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #256 (isolation #17) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:10 pm

In post 255, UneveN wrote:'thread is dense' rings hollow with me as well.
You think I'm scum and called the thread dense knowing that it wasn't? Or you think my faculty for judging how dense a thread is is dependent on my alignment?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #261 (isolation #18) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:25 pm

In post 258, UneveN wrote:None of the above, really. More 'I have not been engaging because thread is dense' feels less like how the thread is and more like something to say. Like difficulty engaging makes sense, there's already been shitpushing into a replacement and a lot of absence and people who are here seemingly 'waiting' for lack of a better word, but 'thread is dense' doesn't feel... right, to me.
It's not that I have tried to engage and failed because the thread is dense. It's because while stuff was happening and I was busy, I followed the thread loosely and was like "wow, people are getting serious way faster than I thought they would. I'm going to have to sit down and read this closely before I can actually interact with it."

But, I'm a lazy-ass, and I didn't feel like doing that. But I saw Sigmund's comments, and there wasn't any reason why I couldn't interact with that because it didn't depend on anything that had happened previously.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #262 (isolation #19) » Sun May 23, 2021 4:26 pm

Also, if you'd like a more specific explanation of what I meant by dense-- it's that I meant the content-to-page ratio was very high. I think I overestimated it a bit, but it's still incredibly high by first-10-pages standards.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #267 (isolation #20) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:22 pm

lmao
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #271 (isolation #21) » Sun May 23, 2021 5:45 pm

In post 270, Moongrass wrote:SS seems something_suspicious to me in his defense.
Why?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #273 (isolation #22) » Sun May 23, 2021 6:02 pm

Lol Poppins. Also I did read and comment on the game; I only had one thing worth noting, which was that Norwee was town. Nobody asked me to elaborate on it.

Why wouldn't I take someone else scumreading me seriously? Even if Sigmund is scum, I want to make sure that other people aren't swayed by him (really, I want that regardless of his alignment). And forcing him to justify himself more will help me (and others) read him.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #288 (isolation #23) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:07 pm

In post 275, Moongrass wrote:I don't feel like you're forcing much justification tbh. I mean, he basically death tunneled your only town read like a troll. How do you know he's not just trolling you too?
I mean, the best I can do is try. I want to believe that he's actually playing in good faith and not just making shit up; besides, his argument is reasonable enough that I have no trouble accepting that if he's town he really believes it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #289 (isolation #24) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:09 pm

In post 277, Moongrass wrote:Why do you need to be asked? You didn't think that Norwegian could have used some elaboration?
Nope. I've found it's easier to start conversations if they start with someone asking someone else to explain a read in more detail.

Or maybe I'm just lazy. It's probably some of both, to be honest.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #293 (isolation #25) » Sun May 23, 2021 7:50 pm

Norwee has a lot of posts that feel genuine for various reasons, but the main one that stuck out to me was . In one breath he admits that VFP's behavior might not be scummy and claims that it's definitely scummy. If he is scum... the straightforward play is to not give an out and just say "this is scummy." Asking if VFP always does that means that he is evaluating them rather than just posting a read for the sake of appearing to be scumhunting.

(And by the way, I wasn't trying to bait you into asking or anything by bringing it up. I was just trying to explain why you had probably missed what I said.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #299 (isolation #26) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:05 pm

In post 294, Moongrass wrote:What are your thoughts on ta vera?
She feels pretty reasonable, but nothing really stuck out much. Hard to evaluate since she's both reserved and an alt, and the lack of avatar doesn't help.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #302 (isolation #27) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:10 pm

I think it's pretty accurate.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #309 (isolation #28) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:18 pm

In post 306, ta vera wrote:should i get an avatar?
I would recommend it. It will probably make you more memorable.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #315 (isolation #29) » Sun May 23, 2021 8:23 pm

In post 311, ta vera wrote:i can kind of see why something_smart would call me reserved. what do you mean by it?
You're not quick to jump to conclusions, you're not aggressive, you seem pretty deliberate and willing to talk things over. Fairly rare qualities for an alt as I generally see either aggressive/erratic players playing on alts to escape meta or people trying out experimental playstyles on alts.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #320 (isolation #30) » Mon May 24, 2021 3:39 am

Oh, it's a meta read?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #493 (isolation #31) » Tue May 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Ironically, now I feel like nothing important is being said.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #494 (isolation #32) » Tue May 25, 2021 4:12 pm

It's just really hard for me to take Sigmund seriously at this point.

Which could be by design.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #496 (isolation #33) » Tue May 25, 2021 4:28 pm

I didn't tiptoe around anything.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #498 (isolation #34) » Tue May 25, 2021 4:50 pm

Yeah, because now he's pushed like five people and clearly isn't taking his pushes seriously.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #500 (isolation #35) » Tue May 25, 2021 5:37 pm

In post 499, Sigmund wrote:pretty sure you did
Wasn't intentional. I don't scumread you.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #540 (isolation #36) » Wed May 26, 2021 8:20 am

In post 535, ta vera wrote:
In post 533, Sigmund wrote:
In post 523, Iconeum wrote:ur all over the place, what are your actual reads at, roughly?
imagine thinking I'll make actual reads this game

hahahahahaha
you say, and then actually make a read that makes sense
I like this post
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #566 (isolation #37) » Thu May 27, 2021 4:09 am

I townread ta vera for calling a scumread on her a good post.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #589 (isolation #38) » Thu May 27, 2021 8:44 am

I'm having trouble following the thread of this game, that's definitely true. Not totally unhappy with my reads though. (Ta vera and nsg as townreads, Sigmund and Moongrass as townleans.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #593 (isolation #39) » Thu May 27, 2021 9:05 am

In post 591, Moongrass wrote:Can you try voting one of your non town reads?
I could, but we still have plenty of time left in the day, and I'm skeptical that pressuring someone will actually make them easier to read.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #701 (isolation #40) » Thu May 27, 2021 7:02 pm

In post 601, northsidegal wrote:again, not trying to harp on moongrass a ton, but why moongrass town?
They're all over the place in a way that feels spontaneous and not agenda-motivated.

Again sorry for the low content. Hopefully I'll be able to post some tomorrow before I go V/LA for the weekend, but no guarantees.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #724 (isolation #41) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:32 am

In post 602, Moongrass wrote:It would make you easier to read lol.
How so? Don't you have experience with me?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #726 (isolation #42) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:36 am

In post 630, Sigmund wrote:If he never wants to play with me again, it is what it is.
But you're a secret alt and he doesn't know your main...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #729 (isolation #43) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:39 am

In post 660, Andresvmb wrote:Particularly over S_S who I felt shied away from a fight with Sigmund in a rather timid and somewhat Scummy way.
Where did I do this?

My first content of the game was getting into an argument with Sigmund...
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #730 (isolation #44) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:40 am

In post 728, Sigmund wrote:SS are you ever going to do anything useful this game or pretend to be following along by making random comments that mean nothing?
Maybe around day 3.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #734 (isolation #45) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:43 am

In post 682, Andresvmb wrote:I think Moongrass cares almost too much about how they’re being read, and is aggressively fighting their execution but is that just Scummy instinct? I don’t know. I don’t think so?
Was this intended to be an explanation of why you townread Moongrass? Or is there another reason?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #735 (isolation #46) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:44 am

In post 731, Sigmund wrote:Assuming you survive that long
It's more likely than you'd think.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #736 (isolation #47) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:45 am

UneveN town I think maybe?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #740 (isolation #48) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:47 am

In post 738, Moongrass wrote:I'd get more info from VCA if you actually placed votes.
Is that true though? I feel like I vote scum at about the same rate as both alignments.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #741 (isolation #49) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:50 am

I do not have a high opinion of VCA. I've been told that I should vote for pressure/reads/whatever in the past, and I've done it, and nothing good has ever come from it. (Also in most cases it was scum telling me to do it.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #743 (isolation #50) » Fri May 28, 2021 3:57 am

But not if the votes are arbitrary and just made because someone else asked me to vote.

Like in general you may be right, but I don't think so in this case.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #748 (isolation #51) » Fri May 28, 2021 9:36 am

V/LA until Monday

Should be back with plenty of time before deadline.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #897 (isolation #52) » Mon May 31, 2021 7:40 am

Back, ish.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #920 (isolation #53) » Mon May 31, 2021 11:27 am

I read up. Nothing I especially want to comment on. More mudslinging than I would have liked.

Pretty happy with my previous town core at least for now, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #932 (isolation #54) » Mon May 31, 2021 1:13 pm

Anything noteworthy happen in the neighborhood?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #933 (isolation #55) » Mon May 31, 2021 1:14 pm

In post 928, Moongrass wrote:That explains a lot.
What does it explain?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #947 (isolation #56) » Mon May 31, 2021 2:11 pm

Ngl the first thing that went through my head was that this setup was rejected from normal review because it had a scum-scum neighborhood. That doesn't match my reads, but it isn't impossible.

I don't necessarily think that's likely, though.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #956 (isolation #57) » Mon May 31, 2021 4:29 pm

In post 954, northsidegal wrote:next time literally anyone is online and sees this let me know, i think there's a lot to discuss
what's up?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #963 (isolation #58) » Mon May 31, 2021 4:38 pm

In post 958, northsidegal wrote:i think that moon basically claimed scum last page, but i don't want to harp too much on that to the detriment of other topics.

what does your lynchpool look like right now, and how much does it intersect with {moon, sang, VFP}?
The intersection there would be just VFP, but I'm not set in stone on the other two, and if you want to 1v1 Moongrass I will respect that because I know you're not one to do that lightly.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #964 (isolation #59) » Mon May 31, 2021 4:39 pm

In post 958, northsidegal wrote:i think that moon basically claimed scum last page, but i don't want to harp too much on that to the detriment of other topics.
I would like to hear at least a little bit about this because I do not see it at all.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #968 (isolation #60) » Mon May 31, 2021 4:49 pm

In post 965, Sigmund wrote:pretty sure scum-scum neighborhoods are fine for normals
Imo they violate expectations. I think at least a reasonable chunk of reviewers agree with this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #973 (isolation #61) » Mon May 31, 2021 4:52 pm

In post 971, Sigmund wrote:I have literally seen scum-scum neighborhoods pass normal review and I will link the games for you
And iirc the response to them was largely negative. The normal review group does not exist in a vacuum.

Also, I'm sure there are reviewers who would pass them, but it's still possible that a reviewer for this setup rejected them.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #977 (isolation #62) » Mon May 31, 2021 4:58 pm

In post 975, Sigmund wrote:these are normal games that are completed with multiple scum in the same neighborhood

The normal review group has made it clear they do not reject based on this
to be clear I'm talking about situations where the neighborhood is only scum. I believe this has happened in the past as well, but I think there was a significant backlash to it.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #979 (isolation #63) » Mon May 31, 2021 4:59 pm

In post 943, Moongrass wrote:I have knowledge of a masonry existing in this game
In post 974, Moongrass wrote:Fine I'll directly claim I am a Mason because you people don't know how to add 1 + 1.
How not to fakeclaim as town 101
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1003 (isolation #64) » Mon May 31, 2021 5:13 pm

In post 999, Sigmund wrote:can we just kill bad guys instead of using whack ass neighborhood logic
the first step to doing that is voting the bad guys, though.

also, I do not think it is wise to force another claim today. I think I'm leaning killing Andres for this reason?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1018 (isolation #65) » Mon May 31, 2021 5:31 pm

In post 963, Something_Smart wrote:The intersection there would be just VFP, but I'm not set in stone on the other two, and if you want to 1v1 Moongrass I will respect that because I know you're not one to do that lightly.
To clarify this, if nsg had gone ahead with the 1v1 on Moongrass, I probably would have sided with Moongrass against her. As it is, I definitely trust that Moongrass is town, but I did feel like Norwee was town as well, so that's why I currently prefer Andres.

Also this should go without saying, but any protectives should be on Moongrass tonight. It's highly unlikely that this is a fake claim.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1020 (isolation #66) » Mon May 31, 2021 5:33 pm

In post 1017, northsidegal wrote:personally, whenever i say that i'm sheeping someone, i typically mean that i'm agreeing with their reasoning. for instance, if someone made a case on why Mathdino is town, i might say "i'm sheeping him on mathdino being town" to imply that i agree with the case. i understand some people use it differently, though.
Fwiw I use it the other way. I use sheeping to describe a situation where you follow someone because you trust them rather than because you agree with their argument. What you're talking about I would just call agreeing with someone.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1021 (isolation #67) » Mon May 31, 2021 5:35 pm

In post 1019, northsidegal wrote:this is just a point of personal curiosity – why?
uh, well it's irrelevant now. I don't think I should answer this.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1023 (isolation #68) » Mon May 31, 2021 5:43 pm

I... guess?

This feels like a weird thing to be asking about now rather than after the game.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1025 (isolation #69) » Mon May 31, 2021 5:54 pm

Maybe Andre's Scum, or nsg.

We have like 6* (or so) hours till deadline, with that. I'll assign my vote tonight.

Probably best to consolidate on one of the two; I'll try to wait till Moongrass comes back before deciding so we can work that out.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1027 (isolation #70) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:16 pm

I mean... I don't see why you can't be, is the only thing. Other than Sigmund getting a locktown read on Norwee's rep-out, but excuse me for not finding that 100% reliable.

I feel like your play here has been fairly towny, but I wouldn't say I've seen the things that make me think you're highly likely town. (I don't even know if those things exist? How many games have we even played together?)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1030 (isolation #71) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:19 pm

In post 1028, Sigmund wrote:did you think she was fake angry at me
In ? I think she was real angry, but it's not out of the question for her to be real angry there as scum.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1035 (isolation #72) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:21 pm

In post 1032, Sigmund wrote:have you ever seen her get angry as scum?
no but like I said I can't recall having played much with her. I don't remember her getting angry as town either.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1038 (isolation #73) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:23 pm

Sigmund if you still think she's highly likely town I'd be willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, I guess, despite my frustration with you.

Do you still think that Norwee was out of his scumrange?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1042 (isolation #74) » Mon May 31, 2021 6:26 pm

I mean, it wasn't completely shot. There's still the chance of a protective being on Moongrass. But that makes sense.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1056 (isolation #75) » Mon May 31, 2021 7:05 pm

In post 1050, northsidegal wrote:
In post 1048, Sigmund wrote:why not sang froid?
i guess if i have to be the one to say it.

moon that sang froid is her partner.
I don't think that was meant as a crumb of sang-slot being the partner. Seems pretty foolhardy from Moongrass to out their partner that obviously.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1126 (isolation #76) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:41 am

Why me before Ico? Moongrass wanted Ico first.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1137 (isolation #77) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:27 am

In post 1129, Sigmund wrote:I think Uneven and SS take the hammer in this game state?
You mean like at 5 am when I was asleep?
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1140 (isolation #78) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:30 am

In post 1135, UneveN wrote:Also I do not understand how you reached this conclusion.
I don't think it needs to be pressed right now. I'm pretty sure I know why nsg sees that I'm town, and she can be trusted at least for now because of how VFP and the neighbors have pushed on each other.

Everyone seems to agree that Ico has to die, so I think it definitely makes sense to kill him first.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1145 (isolation #79) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:35 am

In post 1142, northsidegal wrote:oh i guess i could be wrong about SS town?
You are not :]
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1156 (isolation #80) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:49 am

In post 1152, sang froid wrote:I mean the fact that UneveN is in your pool is enough reason for me to doubt your judgement this game, think about it
The fact that you are saying this is making me doubt YOUR judgement.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1157 (isolation #81) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:49 am

VOTE: Iconeum
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1169 (isolation #82) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:14 am

In post 1163, sang froid wrote:The fact that you’re suggesting UneveN might be scum given your general understanding of mechanics of games is itself deeply scummy
I don't think UneveN is scum. But I think you shouldn't be scumreading me here. Perhaps you don't fully understand what's going on. (Which, I guess, is understandable, considering you don't know everything that I know.)
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1203 (isolation #83) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:34 am

Sorry for making things needlessly complicated. :lol: If you read my notes PT it should explain what I was trying to do pretty well.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #1207 (isolation #84) » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:36 am

I did see. I was trying to make it look like I was the mason to throw off scum. I didn't expect it to work, but I felt there was little downside in trying.

I'm not sure if nsg believed it, or if she saw what I was doing and was trying to help me.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”