Wandering the South Commoners' District

Older threads and ideas relating to the Amstaad RPG.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:36 pm

Post by mikehart »

Ok an update from me:

I have a lot of stuff I've come up with since my disappearance and i need to print out Kerplunks history to see if it still fits with my stuff but im doin well at the moment. Currently I'm working on my sidequest which i think will involve the Uhura Guild or maybe Mirel. Im thinking about having him be an NPC of note here but its not all set-up yet. Update to come hopefully by lets say Wednesday.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:32 pm

Post by mikehart »

New History!!!

The South Commoners District evolved after the invasion of the Briaf. To many, Amstaad stood for new opportunities, jobs, homes, and of course adventure. The government, realizing these immigrants needed a place to work and live, layed out the South Commoners District. The original plans called for four central circles, or “hubs,” of activity. As more and more people began to settle, the district was soon divided into four sections, or quarters as the residents called it. All of these quarters were centered around one of the hubs.

To the east, south of the Noble’s District, the more affluent settled. They upgraded the basic stone dwellings built by the Council. This quarter soon began to rival all other districts, except of course the Noble’s, in beauty and extravagance. This quarter was eventually known as the
Sjeek Quarter

To the west, near the prison and South Mercantile district, the down on their luck settled. Few had enough money to buy one of the few homes built by the council in this section, and began to live in tents. This quarter is one of the most depressing in all of Amstaad and few people ventured forth at night. This quarter began to be known as
The Slums

Between the two extremes, south of the Government district, the middle class people settled. These people had to work for their money and most found work at the docks or old city. Many of the merchants in the District also set up shops, inns, or alehouses in this quarter. The people are simple but well kept. This quarter became known as the
Workers Quarter

Soon after the development of the three quarters, rich in the east and poor in the west, smart people from the Workers Quarter and The Slums met and began devising ways to make money in
any
way they could. These people soon began development of the Uhura Guild, a guild of thieves. As the guild grew, a fourth quarter developed between the Workers Quarter in the Slums. This quarter soon was to be known the
Uhura Quarter

mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:30 am

Post by mikehart »

The Uhura Guil
a more indepth look.

The Origins of the Uhura guild is a fabled story in the district. The current generation of the district grew up with knowledge of the guild and a basic familiarity with it. Because of this familiarity, and the degeneration of stories over time, the true origins of the guild are unknown and widely speculated upon. The true origin, as described earlier, is that intelligent people of the middle and lower classes came together with the goal to make money by
any
means possible. These means soon turned to thievery, bribery, and general shadiness.

As the guild grew, it became apparent to its leaders, known as Sons of the Uhura, that the guild was becoming much more public than what was wanted. The Sons soon began bribing government officials to avoid answering to anyone. It was through these bribes that the guild acquired the land in the center of the hub between the Workers Quarter and The Slums. The guild puts up a front of a country club type membership. Behind the scenes however, they are a band of thieves and murderers.

The Uhura are thieves in the best sense of the word, but they are honorable thieves. It is well known throughout Amstaad that the word of an Uhura is a guarantee with the full force of the guild. The Uhura rarely steals from the middle and lower classes and generally operate in the Sjeek Quarter and the Nobles District. The guild uses the profits to improve the lives of the middle and lower class. The guild polices its own quarter and much of the Workers Quarter and The Slums. Because of this policy, the Uhura Quarter is known as one of the safest places in all of Amstaad.

Tell me what y'all think.

Return to “Old Aamstaad”