Amstaad Character Page

Amstaad
was
IS an attempt at a site-written and site-run RPG that started back in the early days of the site.
It is currently being resurrected - inquire within if you want to help or play!
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:01 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I'd add a Phase 1 of childhood until parents' death.

P1 Headstrong is an aspect, not a skill. Skills should be more general, Athletics, Intimidation, Weapon: Knife, ?
P2 Passion is an aspect, not a skill. 9 skills, should be 8. Where did Knife fighting/Headstrong go?
P3 Iron Will is an aspect, not a skill. 14 skills, should be 12. Pyramid needs one more lvl 2 skill. Several earlier skills are gone.

I'm not going into the character story.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:12 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

It's not that it doesn't have application, it's that it is something that describes the character's personality, not her talents.
I'd put it as something like Interrogation or Intimidation, then you can roll it for both resisting intimidation and getting things from others.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:21 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Only technical problem I see is that the pyramid in P3 is still unbalanced, it needs to be 3, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 (should have explained that better).

You really need someone else for critique on the character and her back story, I think I see some problems, but I'm really not the guy to offer advise on how to improve it.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #3) » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:05 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

We're just waiting on DN to finish the backstory.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #4) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:50 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Basically this.
Just try to keep in mind that skills are nice and all, but that in the end they are there to roll in applicable situations, so try to have skills that are at least somewhat generalized while still fitting your character.

Aspects can almost literally be whatever you want (except a skill I suppose), a lifestyle, a character trait, something physical, an experience, a contact. Finding situations in which they are relevant is pretty easy with some creativity whatever you choose.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:40 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

I was being quite literal actually.
There isn't a list where you choose things from, you can pick anything you want as long as it is a skill.

You think up a backstory, then you pick whatever things you want to use to describe the different parts of that back story (as aspects) and then you pick whatever skills you want that make sense with that story.
The only thing you need to pay attention to is the rules for magic users, because those require some specific aspects/skills.

Now, if you have an idea in mind and don't know what aspects/skills should go with it you can just post it here and people could suggest things for that.
inspiratieloos
inspiratieloos
Goon
inspiratieloos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:07 am

Post by inspiratieloos »

Atm we're waiting on the flavour. As far as I know DN is done with it, so it should be up sometime soonish.

Return to “Amstaad, City of Fate”